Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
1. Would rather we assess the situation before jumping into Nurgle's asshole to collect his rectal fluids.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Point still stands, that shit's acidic and evil and I don't want to go back to that fucking disaster zone explicitly to collect the fucking stuff without knowing the situation better.

Kayerts

Arcane
You are taking a greater risk which should mean you expect a greater reward going with 1 than 2. This is possible and even probable if you decide to follow in your path of doing stuff as you started out, but if you suddenly reach the planet and go 'OH NOES IT'S FULL OF OOZE' and decide to be quartermaster again don't expect to gain anything out of it.

Going with 2, on the grounds that we committed to the high-risk option and we're probably best playing that angle consistently. I don't think we should charge into needless danger, but since somebody is going to have to face a high risk of deff and defeat, it might as well be us.

Baltika9

Arcane
'Sides, I want to see what working with the Inquisitor gets us. Specifically I'm hoping he's a radical. Specifically I want some heresy.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Also, it's more Awesome™ to fight baddies in the refinery than the environment in no-man's land. Which seems the likely way things would go.

well, the environment or suddenly realizing you're shittign nurglings and the inquisitor BLAMs you.

Baltika9

Arcane
Also, it's more Awesome™ to fight baddies in the refinery than the environment in no-man's land. Which seems the likely way things would go.

well, the environment or suddenly realizing you're shittign nurglings and the inquisitor BLAMs you.
However, if we survive...
Look at it this way: we're the IG. We'll be sent on a suicide mission anyways, and then we'll be fucked anyways. What I'm saying is, we're much, much safer with an Inquisitor that knows his shit and what he's doing, who will at most have another three volunteers, at most, than with an HQ chock full of guardsmen that are as likely to start shitting nurglings and pissing heresy as we are. If we started going high-risk, such as volunteering, we might as well finish it this way. I remember it was you who wanted to shoot the Faggy McLimpdicks.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I also want promethium :(

Burny-burny stuff to make sure we can burn everything :love:
Plus, like previously stated, a firefight in a highly volatile promethium refinery sounds like it'll be a more entertaining read than checking our air filters for unwholesome particles.

Baltika9

Arcane
I think an Inquisitor is better then promethium, Ulminati. much better.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Inquisitards are very, very hit-and-miss. Inquisitards who desire to study the properties of the chaos-matter instead of PURGING IT WITH FIRE are probably dangerous radicals.

Baltika9

Arcane
Since the guy wants to study it, he comes prepared. We may be just a meat shield for him, we may be not. Same with the IG back at HQ, we'll be fodder there too. I'm just saying that if we DO manage to survive this planet, and both ends of the spectrum are not optimistic, then doing work for the Inquisition will be very, very beneficial, doesn't matter if he's radical or puritan. I'm just hoping his radical. What's his name, rootbro?

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
2 I'd rather take my chances with the Inquisitor than Holt. Even if we get tainted we might not get shot immediately, whereas flinching when receiving a command might be all it needs for Holt to hate our guts beyond the warp. Also, we might be able to find whatshernames corpse and piss in her burned-out skull or something like that.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Somebody is forgetting the "Weyland-Yutani wants to use it as a weapon" angle... Yeah, I'm forgetting it.

2)

Baltika9

Arcane
Lucius-pattern hellguns and Armageddon-pattern autoguns beat flamers any century of the millenium.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Oh well. Hopefully we'll get to shoot some cultists and abominations. :lol:
I'll be bummed if the next 4 updates detail us rationing filterplugs, traversing a flooded ditch and deciding whether or not to eat a contaminated ration bar while getting to the scene.

But hey, we've successfully managed to transform the planet into a hellhole where we'd be sure to lose attrition-based trench warfare and need to be incased in sealed enviroments to survive. Basically we turned it from the DKOK specialty into the Steel Legion specialty! :troll:

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Command knows a shit what we're facing and I have gutt fealing this coud leas us to face Warp Demons with puny flashlight and flamers.... Having Holt as our ''backup". Inquisitor task on the other hand although more risky at the start can lead us to promotion into IQ enturagee... and being out of IG meatgrinder. I take 2 as COWARDS DIE IN SHAME.

Gondolin

Arcane
No man's land my ass. The Inquisitor will most likely take the team into the hive city to "check things out". By the way, which edition of the rulebook are you using, root? (Yes, I have fallen that low.)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Not that I'm against #2 or anything (I'm sort of split on the choice), but I reserve the right to yell "I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO!" when we get infected by black goop and end up shitting out nurglings. (Like buttraep in reverse).

No man's land my ass. The Inquisitor will most likely take the team into the hive city to "check things out". By the way, which edition of the rulebook are you using, root? (Yes, I have fallen that low.)

Probably the Book of root. He's been playing a lot of dark heresy and I llnked him to Only War a while back, but I doubt you're going to get any artificial advantages by being able to cite the damage value and penetration of an armageddon-pattern autogun.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
He probably wants to look up the insanity/corruption tables after our last guardsman got 7 corruption points ;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
which rulebook?

Damned if I know. There's more of them? ;)

I remember you posting some links to rulebooks a while back and I even downloaded something, but I doubt I have the files anymore.

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_colecciones.asp?eidc=2

FFG took over publishing the P&P rules for warhammer. In chronological order, they've made:
Dark Heresy - Low-level characters, part of an inquisitors entourage
Rogue Trader - higher power level than dark heresy. Players are crewing a rogue trader (surprise surprise)
Deathwatch - higher power level than Rogue Trader. players are a SPEHSS MEHREEN killsquad on loan to Ordo Xenos
Black Crusade - as above, but now you are all servants of KAY-OHSS
Only War - Play as a guardsman squad in the imperial guard. Beta rules are out.

The base mechanics are constant between supplements. A dark heresy character with a bunch of XP works fine in a Rogue Trader campaign. And those characters who last a logn while there could easily function in a Deathwatch campaign.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom