Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Votan 1.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Voting 1. All you pussies being more scared of Holt instead of an Inquisitor helped me make up my mind. Obviously Holt is the more proper Imperial official, and therefore we need to see more of him :salute:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Renegen, your avatar made me wonder what Dr. Kynes would think of the place we're going from a Planetologist standpoint. Probably "WTF IS THIS SHIT!?"

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I'm voting 1. Following Inquisitors have never led to anything good. Just lots of corruption points and having to execute squad members and what not.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
2) We acolyte now

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_colecciones.asp?eidc=2

FFG took over publishing the P&P rules for warhammer. In chronological order, they've made:
Dark Heresy - Low-level characters, part of an inquisitors entourage
Rogue Trader - higher power level than dark heresy. Players are crewing a rogue trader (surprise surprise)
Deathwatch - higher power level than Rogue Trader. players are a SPEHSS MEHREEN killsquad on loan to Ordo Xenos
Black Crusade - as above, but now you are all servants of KAY-OHSS
Only War - Play as a guardsman squad in the imperial guard. Beta rules are out.

The base mechanics are constant between supplements.
There are some core differences, though, like Rogue Trader changed how called shots work and Black crusade changed all multiple attacks and semi/full auto burst rules. Black Crusade also changed the fundamental roll mechanic, where the first success now also counts as a Degree of success, which a lot of people seem to overlook.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
LG: And if my troops succeed, the Inquisition will let them go, will they? I’ve known your lot had entire regiments exterminated because they saw ‘too much’ or were ‘tainted’ or some such nonsense.
I: Chaos is not nonsense, Horatio. It is the great enemy. You’d allow it to fester among us merely out of sympathy for a few thousand lives?
A tough choice. The inquisitor does not seem like he'd shirk away from blamming us. But, since we went full tardo in volunteering anyway I am going to say 2. Serving the inquisition is certainly a lot more glorious and closer to the emprah than regular guardsmen which seems in tune with our budding character. 'Sides, the inquisitor is handing out quite the gear which he probably would not do if he was so callous about lives.

2) We acolyte now

http://fantasyflightgames.com/edge_colecciones.asp?eidc=2

FFG took over publishing the P&P rules for warhammer. In chronological order, they've made:
Dark Heresy - Low-level characters, part of an inquisitors entourage
Rogue Trader - higher power level than dark heresy. Players are crewing a rogue trader (surprise surprise)
Deathwatch - higher power level than Rogue Trader. players are a SPEHSS MEHREEN killsquad on loan to Ordo Xenos
Black Crusade - as above, but now you are all servants of KAY-OHSS
Only War - Play as a guardsman squad in the imperial guard. Beta rules are out.

The base mechanics are constant between supplements.
There are some core differences, though, like Rogue Trader changed how called shots work and Black crusade changed all multiple attacks and semi/full auto burst rules. Black Crusade also changed the fundamental roll mechanic, where the first success now also counts as a Degree of success, which a lot of people seem to overlook.
Black Crusade and Only War also feature very different ways of leveling compared to the rest.

Renegen

Arcane
Renegen, your avatar made me wonder what Dr. Kynes would think of the place we're going from a Planetologist standpoint. Probably "WTF IS THIS SHIT!?"
He would ask for the flamethrowers. Burning a forest down is good for the renewal.

Esquilax

Arcane
1) Staying alive and serving the Emperor are not mutually exclusive. Smart soldiers that come up with ways of defeating the enemy while keeping their allies for getting killed are not doing the Imperium a disservice.

2) This 'we're going to die anyway' mentality is certainly true for the most part when it comes to the t-shirt/flashlight brigade but let's assume your character doesn't share it. Or if he does share, he won't throw himself into stupid risks 'just because i'll die soon anyway'.

3) At some point you'll have to decide what matters most: Keeping the PC alive or doing your duty. Again, while this might is (generally) not mutually exclusive, there will be situations where doing both will be unlikely. I'll try to indicate these better as well.

4) As an IG soldier you're certainly expected to die for the Emperor at all opportunities available. However, since you are a) human and b) not an idiot, you should be aware that unlike the Astartes that can get away with these things, sometimes you'll have to fall back and stop holding the line. Doing so without an express order is both cowardly and traitorous, which is why you'll most likely get shot if you do so.

5) You'll have to decide just where you want to go with the character. Being a coward will not necessarily lead to defeat nor being a hero will lead to victory, but being ineffectual at either will lead to deff and defeht. If you want to scheme and plot, feel free, but don't be surprised if you're caught and sent into the worst possible situation if you do it badly. You'll have to try and gauge how much you can accomplish.

I think this bears repeating. I see our guy as being brave, but not a fucking maniac. This Inquisitor mission, while likely really interesting, seems like a ton of trouble because even if the mission goes really well, it's possible that we'll just get shot in the head because the Inquisitor thinks we've seen too much or have become tainted in some way. Also, I don't want to get corrupted and fall to Chaos: we're IG and I'd rather stay that way.

1)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
If the Inquisitor is going there personally I'd assume it's a lot safer than the alternative.

Zaan

Novice
Hard choice. The first one seems safer, but something tells me that thing will go SNAFU before long. Meanwhile the second one looks worse on paper, but we get better equipment and the inquisitor will most likely want it to succeed. Of course what will happen to us AFTER the mission is entirely different matter.

Going with 1. The second one has more chance of surviving the mission itself, but also a bigger chance of getting BLAMED! afterwards.

GreyViper

Prophet
2)
Well I wondered what it would be like to be conscripted by =I= , lets see if we can walk away from this alive and in glory. But I cant help to think that flame weapons would work best against nurgle creatures.

kazgar

Arcane
people are choosing with all the assumed knowledge from the first run through (ie nurgle goop) think the decisions would be different if we took it in character.

Lets go with 2 for the fun of it.

Cassidy

Arcane
E

For maximum mindrape(and rape) and as a justification for being so eager to be the first to die. The kind of shit Dark Eldars do can't be erased from memory.

5)

Being able to put the guts back inside and keep a mutilated soldier alive can be handy in this field.

f

Because we can.

y

Esquilax

Arcane
D) Spooky and ominous.
5) Medic seems the most interesting.
M) I want to atone for Limpwrist McFaggot
F) Girl sounds interesting
Y)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom