Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jun 22, 2012.

1. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    B
    m
    x

^ Top  
  2. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    root: Provided we survive long enough (ha!), will our character have the opportunity to learn different skills/become more proficient at different types of combat?

^ Top  
  3. Renegen Arcane

Renegen
    D2MY

^ Top  
  4. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    The real question is why people claimed they wanted to be manly, then immediately fall back on weilding the biggest gun ('splosions! awesum!) they can find instead of trying to do open wound surgery with one hand, while fighting off incoming enemies with a laspistol in the other.

Limpwrist McScaredycat incoming :(

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    You know what

if the field nurse option wins, the character should be just named Dr Qwinn

^ Top  
  6. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Surely you meant to write: Dr ~Qwinn

^ Top  
  7. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    [​IMG]

(also qwinn didn't use any special symbols before his name)

^ Top  
  8. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    D2mx

:salute:

^ Top  
  9. Zaan Novice

Zaan
    D
    f
    Z) Shepard

^ Top  
  10. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    D People who survive the shine of komus are rare indeed, and most inquisitors should think twice before killing something so potentially valuable to understanding that enigma. Also it means our dude is good at killing his allies if he has to, which is valuable when going into chaosland.

6 Don't particularly care about this choice so 6 it is.

Male and our name Should be Stubbs

Do fatepoints mean there will be rolling in this one? Or just burning/fate superpowers?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Well, I thought you picked Steel Legion for the big guns and machinery. If you wanted to be manly and fight tyranids with combat knives SHOULD HAVE PICKED CATACHAN

^ Top  
  12. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    I picked steel legion because they have a kommissar who's so goddanm manly he ripped the power klaw off an ork nob with his bare hands.

But seriously. Combat medic's gotta have nerves of steel to do precision work with a strict time limit while under fire. It may be too tense for the scaredycat voters ITT. Hopefully whatever big gun we end up salvaging (we were issued a normal hellgun rifle last update) has a gyro-stabilizer so it can be fired limp-wristed.

You're also totally robbing yourself of the Awesome™ triage update where we'll have to decide which of our squad members dies so we can focus on saving another.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Renegen Arcane

Renegen
    Ulminati, your replies/lobbying success ratio is very low.

^ Top  
  14. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Renegen, the survival ratio of going against my lobbying is nil ;)

^ Top  
  15. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    My votes:

D) WE SURVIVED THE TYRANT STAR! YOU ALL SUCK! WE ROCK!

3) Let's rip the enemies of the Emperor a new one with HEAVY GUNS!!!! If the area around our target ins't made of pure powdered concrete debris and burning metal, its not a real attack.

M) Women belong in the kitchen. WE ARE A MAN!! *PUNCH*

Z) Strongpowerful Manguy!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Agreed. Nothing manlier than charging into no-man's land to stitch a wounded comrade back together, slugging him over your shoulder, then high-tailing it back to the front with a Carnifex hot on your heels.

As far as the origin stories go, I feel for some reason that the Medic Profession seems to fit the best with the Tyrant Star origin, while the Heavy Weapons dude is a better fit for an IG who squared off against a Space Marine.

Edit: That being said, B is definitely the most boring one, as Excidium pointed out. Playing as a generic badass dude doesn't hold much appeal to me.

^ Top  
  17. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Man, do you people suck

Out of all the options, picking B)...Wow you blew up a space marine's face with two grenades, that's totally comparable to beating an ORK NOB with A FUCKING BAYONET, Witnessing the Tyrant Star and not giving a shit, escaping abduction by an alien race of torturers from another dimension, killing a genestealer with a jammed nerf gun...

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  18. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    I'm tempted to flop to tyrant star after reading up on it. It's... pretty neat actually.

But Excidium, if you have such disdain for defeating an enemy with the most powerful weapon in the presented options, why'd you vote heavy weapons guy?
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  19. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    This is more about the first scenario, but I found it weird that the dying IG psyker didn't recoil from the blank Commissar or that there wasn't any indication that she could have been a blank. Right now we can tell that inquisitor is a psyker, so hiding or deceiving him is not the best option. Guess we have to go balls to the walls option and hope to come out as sole survivor.

^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Was there ever any doubt?

^ Top  
  21. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Because I like the DAKKA!!

^ Top  
  22. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Well, in the Eisenhorn omnibus, Eisenhorn goes for quite a while before realizing whatshername is a psychic null. I don't think it's immediately obvious to them. Plus the psyker we met was rather messed up at the time.

[edit]

In fact, given how goddamn useful a psychic null would be when battling daemons, I'm pretty certain she wouldn't have left/been kicked out of the SoB if she knew what she was.

^ Top  
  23. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    Ah ok this makes sense, might have been the case where they didn't like her and threw/transfered her away with out testing her. Otherwise she would have been sent to Sister of Silence I think.

Baltika9
    There is always some doubt when dealing with =I= .

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.