Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

ironyuri

Just because we didn't do it earlier doesn't mean we should do it now, this isn't time for meta-gaming. We volunteered to join the Inquisitor to collect samples, let's do what we came here to do. We're a medicae, not a fucking Rambo.
Plus Root said the main reason we had a chance of surviving last time was because we had a blank with us. Sure we're more resiliant to psykers, but that probably won't get us far.

Also, the Inquistor doesn't know what the fuck is going on or what we're dealing with. Going into a hive city, one especially which has been turned into rubble by plasma warheads, is not a good idea when "whatever killed these cultists did it without warning/ambushed them before they could draw their guns" to paraphrase the update.

Do we really want to go into a corridor of rubble and semi-demolished buildings against what looks possibly like A) a heretic infestation and B) a tyranid OR daemon invasion.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hard choice, but not exactly like first one, we were not voluntered by Command and can just falllow orders without any further shit.... besides going into Hive would be good with Rambo heavy weapon type character not combat nurse, let us take samples and allow good Inquisitor to decide if Exterminatus is needed.... or maybe just orbital bombardment will do the trick... do what we're good at, Don't fail Inquisitor and have faith at Emprah. :obviously:

P.S. there is no even a choice to send back coporal with samples.... I would gladly know what is going to kill us in horrible way but Mission First... This is Imperial Guard way. :salute: 2

lightbane

Arcane
2. Our mission is to collect samples. Once we're done we can come back with a bunch of Baneblades.

A headless corpse dressed in a dark greatcoat coated with blood lies just beyond it, a bolt pistol still clasped tight to its hands. ... A man encased in a heavy flak greatcoat is walking slowly and unsteadily towards you, his face obscured by the heavy rain.

The rest of your squad is now covered with the foul ichor that was apparently inside the rounds, although you’re quick enough to get rid of your flak coat and it doesn’t manage to eat through your carapace armor. The commissar follows your example while twitch merely stands there, shaking.

DOES NOT COMPUTE.

2. Let's do what we came for.

Kayerts

Arcane
Just because we didn't do it earlier doesn't mean we should do it now, this isn't time for meta-gaming. We volunteered to join the Inquisitor to collect samples, let's do what we came here to do. We're a medicae, not a fucking Rambo.
Plus Root said the main reason we had a chance of surviving last time was because we had a blank with us. Sure we're more resiliant to psykers, but that probably won't get us far.

To be fair, it sounds like the nature of the threat has changed in between Lieutenant Stern and Whoever-We-Are-Now. I.e., there were heretics down there before, and they caused this problem, but whatever happened seems to have killed them and disposed of their bodies. And based on the inquisitor's words, the new threat is not Warp-based.

The combination of claws, intelligent disposal of bodies, machine control, non-Warp origins, and reanimation of enemy dead doesn't align with anything in 40k I'm aware of. Any guesses?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The combination of claws, intelligent disposal of bodies, machine control, non-Warp origins, and reanimation of enemy dead doesn't align with anything in 40k I'm aware of. Any guesses?

DING DING DING (DONG BANNU) LOOK UP

(well it's not 40k but you know, neither are many things root already put into his previous lp among other things)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I guess necron wraiths, but they wear the skins, don't dispose of them.

This still looks very nurgle to me. But I guess we might be dealing with a new xenospecies here. Or some seriously fucked-up tyranids.
The machine control was probably the chaos cultists before they were OMGSLAUGHTERED.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Some seriously fucked-up tyranids seem most likely, but never mind the guesswork - 2) and we'll know soon enough.

Vernydar

Learned

Mainly because we have a mission to accomplish. No use getting us killed and leaving HQ without information

Esquilax

Arcane
Gunnery Sargeant Vakarian, clutching the Aquila idol hanging from his chest

:lol:

1) is stupid. Even if we're equipped to deal with whatever's down there, we would be abandoning our mission objectives on the fly to deal with an unknown. Worse yet, even if we succeed, it will take up a lot of valuable time and if whatever is in the Hive City hasn't killed us at that point, the toxic atmosphere probably will. Let's get the info, find out what we need to find out, then GTFO.

VOTING 2)

ironyuri

My guess for the enemy is jeanstealers.

130664496157.jpg

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
2., Let's try do the job we were sent to do and die gloious death while doing so.

We came down on the vessel Prometheus, and it was supposed to be a hint, so...

Or maybe the Worms That Walk have finally come for us all.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I thought Prometheus was the ship that went to the promethium refinery

GreyViper

Prophet
Hah so we did get to see the commissar, that is some nice CQC there. But I have to admit the unknown enemy is rather interesting, beats the standard nurgle infestation. Now all we need is some plague zombie swarms, enslavers and radical =I=. Ooh and some SOB to swoop in and to purge all.

2)

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I think the cultists wanted to usher in a nurgle invastion to help them control (or contain) the black goo situation. No idea if it would work, but Leftenant Stern's timely neutralisation of the Hydras and sbsequent plasma bombing of the Hive City put a definite stop to that anyway. Now we're dealing simply with whatever the cultists needed daemonic help to deal with :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom