Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jun 22, 2012.

1. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    [​IMG]

What does Gunnery Sgt. Vakarian's visor tell us about the Inquistor? That his heresy levels are OVER 9000!!!

Still votan 2.

^ Top  
  2. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    SO long as we can go kay-oss, I'll be happy.

^ Top  
  3. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    I doubt we'll get to go kay-oss. that would be a pretty drastic tonal shift.
    If you really want kay-oss IF, you could always start a Black Crusade parallel LP ;)

^ Top  
  4. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    We can always Blam the member of Holy =I= using our fate point.... Which can save the ship from alleged corruption.... OR Not as there is Prometheus and infected Holt on the loose. :troll:

This whole planet gives me Nuke it from the orbit, it is the only way to be sure vibe.

^ Top  
  5. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    Tribute to Ridley Scott continues :) I'd say 2) just to see what horrible consequences will it have... Should be fun.

^ Top  
  6. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    But then we'd have no fate points to survive the blamming for blamming an =I=.

^ Top  
  7. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    But what if he burns one of his fate points to survive?? Because he surely has enough to spare :M

^ Top  
  8. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    You didn't make very clear in your update what the rest of the remaining squad are doing right now, in response to what the =I= has just done.

If he is BLAMMED what are they going to do? Blam us? Are their guns trained on him? Are they in mortal fear of him? So far all we know is that our character and the =I= are in a stand off, not the actual scene of the standoff as it is unfolding.

^ Top  
  9. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected

This. Really need more information. My first instinct is that someone - even an inquisitor - who voulentarily risks infecting himself with xenomatter is a dangerous radical at best, and most likely a HERETIC. Standard procedure is definately *BLAM!*. But I need more of an indication as to whether our squad is likely to BLAM us immediately afterwards to make an informed decision. It'd also be nice to know if we have a pict recording of the inquisitors recent HERESY to show to our COs to prevent subsequent *BLAM!* when we return.

In fact, I'm leaning heavily towards shooting the inquisitor and to hell with the consequences after this exchange root made a few updates ago:

^ Top  
  10. Azael Magister

Azael
    Wasteland 2
    A radical, possibly heretic Inquisitor, what a twist! Well, not really, they are all corrupted bastards more or less. Gazing into the abyss and all that.

Flippity flop to 1. We will not tolerate heretics, even if they bear the Rosette.

Back to 2. I have no honor.

^ Top  
  11. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Isn't he reading our mind right now, though? Doesn't he know what we're about to do? How much effort is it for a psyker to paralyze our fingers?

edit:
    Yeah. Beyond it being in our guardsman's character to shoot the obviously tainted, the inquisitor took us with him, even knowing our responses. He wouldn't have done that if he'd been planning to expose himself to the goo. Contrapositively, he wasn't planning to expose himself to the goo. Something changed his mind, and while I suppose it's possible that it wasn't mind-control, I can't imagine why else he'd willingly mainline ooze.

^ Top  
  12. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    There can be only one answer then. Shoot the inquisitor! :salute:

^ Top  
  13. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    [/quote]

Corrupting your own flesh with xeno/warp tainted patogen is HERESY againts the GOD EMPRAH... Only thing we can do now is give =I= HIS benediction.... and/or die Trying... BLAM!

Changing my vote to 1...
    It's better to die in His service than to live as coward heretic.

Adeptus Ghurkatus Motto Holy Terra 2K

^ Top  
  14. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Not to mention shootan is more EXTREME and thus perfectly in tune witht he character of Motherfucking Doc Shepard.

^ Top  
  15. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    We're not so much shooting him as we are amputating the heresy.

STICKING WITH 2!!!!

NO FLOP HERE :OOO

^ Top  
  16. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    :salute:

Blessed are those who work His will to protect the souls of the faithful from corruption.

^ Top  
  17. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    Voting 2.

That exchange with the Inqusitor earlier might indicate he took us with him because we would blam him if it became necessary. Like, if he would fail whatever he was trying to do right now. He planed this from the start. And given that he seems to have made it, blaming him now is the wrong choice. Not to mention we would have a very hard time avoiding gating blamed ourselves afterwards.

^ Top  
  18. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    I bet this will turn out at least as well as the last time we decided to kill an inquisitor in a Root IF!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Nah. It's all gonna be ok. Our superiors are understanding sorts.
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Azael Magister

Azael
    Wasteland 2
    Hmm, you know what? Shoot the bastard. I plan to get my Inquisitor killed in our current Dark Heresy campagin, might as well get some practice.

^ Top  
  21. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    2)

^ Top  
  22. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Flip flopped not cause I'm sure choice one is Right and Wise thing to do... ( I'm not an =I= expert Maybe Root should telll us how exactly much being Radical is sanctioned for an Inquisitor) but cause he warned us about RP against our background and previous choices... Medicus 1 class Shepard is always ready to purge and scurge any taint and Heresy from flesh of his patients.

^ Top  
  23. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    I say 3: We say something stupid/unexpected to check if he's still human. For example: "Greetings, are you seeking the light?". If his reply is anything else than "WHAT???", or he takes more than 1 second to respond, then he obviously is a replicant has been indoctrinated possessed and needs to be shot.

Failing that, just shoot him, as long as we have a Fate Point, we can cheat death (once).

^ Top  
  24. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    2. Let's see what the guy can do.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.