Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Could be, could be. Still, the whole black goo situation doesn't really make sense when these cultists got ambushed like you would expect from a genestealer for example. Seeing how we're close to the Halo Zone and root already mentioned non-standard races like the Umbra, we might aswell have to fight whatever root deems a worthy foe. Or he just saw Prometheus, and thought it'd be a good idea to send us in on a vessel named Prometheus, fighting real alien aliens. The goo at least comes close to their acid, and it fits the whole ambush-notion. We will see (or not, since we're not trying to face the enemy upfront).

Thinking about it twice, Umbra actually sound like a valid idea to me.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I'm hoping for Slaugth myself, they use necrotic technology that is really nasty. Also, there are rumors of a vast Slaugth empire among the Halo Stars.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Well, whatever it is it certainly seems to be out of question whether 3 Guardsmen and an Inquisitor are capable of dealing with even a few of them.

Kayerts

Arcane
Slaugth are possible, and they do tend to engineer conflicts on planets like the one that Lieutenant Stern was apparently originally participating in. But they avoid acting openly enough to draw the attention of imperial forces. I haven't heard of them ever making zombies, though their bio-mechanical knowledge could conceivably have engineered a virus.

I was thinking Dark Mechanicum with a Sarcosan wave generator, but I don't believe that explains corrosive blood in the zombies or the wounds on the heretics' bodies. It seems more likely that this is some unknown xeno race root created for this story.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
Thanks, you're a real bro. Looks like going next to the hive is actually more in line with keeping the schedule than going to the first artillery emplacement is. Still sticking to my choice though. ;)

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Ohshi...

Wesa all gonna die!

also.. Inquisitor is psyker AND speaks machine language? AND can purge xenos taint from his body? AND was sure enough about being able to do this before hand!? WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!

I'd BLAM! him, but I'm pretty sure he'd use psychic BS to stop the gun from firing or just laugh as our hellgun fails to penetrate his power armor.

Baltika9

Arcane
I think shooting him is pointless.

'Sides, I wanted some heresy. Voting 2.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
We are neither Commissar, no Colonel nor Gaunt so 2 (Gaunt BLAMed radical INQ in one of Dan Abnett's Gaunt Ghosts books BUT He was High Ranking Commissar and Hero of the Empire and INQ was clearly insane and corrupted) Ans besides Fraging your Co and Blaming INQ are two entire diferent things... Did we had some vision from Emprah atleast? Not that it would help us being BLAMED (or worse) for such sacrilige.

Blessed are Minds to small to doubt.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
‘Really? I’m told the Officio Medicae is baffled by the pathogen that killed the men in the hive-city, as is our own Biologus Adepts. And yet you are prepared to deal with it?’

‘Yes. I am a simple man, Inquisitor, and when faced with something that corrupts the flesh of my fellow guardsmen, I see a simple solution.’ You slot the charge pack into place with a loud click ‘The Emperor’s benediction.’

‘Good man.’ The Inquisitor says, nodding. ‘Hold true to that, and I shall look into having you reinstated to your previous rank.’

‘I will not fail, Inquisitor.’

‘See to it that you don’t. The Emperor protects.’

A) It is time to administer the Emperor's benediction.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
If =I= is f... baby skull in front of you, you're to to assume he is trying to bring the high level Slaanesh Cultist from hiding, inquisitors are chosen from the best, trained vigorusly and under constant scrutiny of THEIR PEERS.... Not to mention we would have chance scoring the critical hit needed to bypass Power armor using Hellgun only if we took Marksman perk.... Only chance now is try obtain =I= blood sample and get SOLID EVIDENCE he is corrupted... then try to poison him using our drugs knowledge.

Kayerts

Arcane
Hellguns can't penetrate power armor, but Nils took off his helmet. Our gun's literally to his head, as I read things. That said, he can probably read our thoughts and use his psyker powers on us before we can pull the trigger. He already paralyzed us once, after all.

There's also the fact that even if we manage to kill him, our chance of not getting immediately blammed by our three squadmates or slightly-less-immediately blammed when they report back to our commissar is approximately 0. This is still preferable to letting the infected psyker (or whatever the hell he is) return to the main ship, but I don't think it'd actually prevent that. So, 2, I guess.

Nils is definitely pretty weird, but it's more concerning that he invited us with him, knowing we'd fragged our CO. He had that entire discussion with us about how we're a simple man, and he praised us for our scourge-and-purge mindset. I doubt he'd have done that if he'd been planning to expose himself to the goo, which probably means that something down here affected him to make him decide that. I wonder if Nils Agern is a friend of Silas Marr.

edit: flopping to A. Cowards die in shame.

ironyuri

I'm still in favour of the eventual BLAMming of =I=, but doing so right now seems pointless. It's already been made abundantly clear the Inq's power level is way too high for us to succeed OVER 9000.

So let's go with 2 until we get the drop on him.

OVER9000.jpg

What does Gunnery Sgt. Vakarian's visor tell us about the Inquistor? That his heresy levels are OVER 9000!!!

Still votan 2.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I doubt we'll get to go kay-oss. that would be a pretty drastic tonal shift.
If you really want kay-oss IF, you could always start a Black Crusade parallel LP ;)

Commissar Draco

Patron
We can always Blam the member of Holy =I= using our fate point.... Which can save the ship from alleged corruption.... OR Not as there is Prometheus and infected Holt on the loose. :troll:

This whole planet gives me Nuke it from the orbit, it is the only way to be sure vibe.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Tribute to Ridley Scott continues :) I'd say 2) just to see what horrible consequences will it have... Should be fun.

Baltika9

Arcane
We can always Blam the member of Holy =I= using our fate point.... Which can save the ship from alleged corruption.... OR Not as there is Prometheus and infected Holt on the loose. :troll:

This whole planet gives me Nuke it from the orbit, it is the only way to be sure vibe.
But then we'd have no fate points to survive the blamming for blamming an =I=.

lightbane

Arcane
But what if he burns one of his fate points to survive?? Because he surely has enough to spare :M

ironyuri

to be clear: killing him means KILLING him.

I'm afraid not even Inquisitors can survive a hellgun volley to the face. Whether he still is an Inquisitor, however, remains to be seen

:troll:

You didn't make very clear in your update what the rest of the remaining squad are doing right now, in response to what the =I= has just done.

If he is BLAMMED what are they going to do? Blam us? Are their guns trained on him? Are they in mortal fear of him? So far all we know is that our character and the =I= are in a stand off, not the actual scene of the standoff as it is unfolding.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

I'm afraid not even Inquisitors can survive a hellgun volley to the face. Whether he still is an Inquisitor, however, remains to be seen

You didn't make very clear in your update what the rest of the remaining squad are doing right now, in response to what the =I= has just done.

If he is BLAMMED what are they going to do? Blam us? Are their guns trained on him? Are they in mortal fear of him? So far all we know is that our character and the =I= are in a stand off, not the actual scene of the standoff as it is unfolding.

This. Really need more information. My first instinct is that someone - even an inquisitor - who voulentarily risks infecting himself with xenomatter is a dangerous radical at best, and most likely a HERETIC. Standard procedure is definately *BLAM!*. But I need more of an indication as to whether our squad is likely to BLAM us immediately afterwards to make an informed decision. It'd also be nice to know if we have a pict recording of the inquisitors recent HERESY to show to our COs to prevent subsequent *BLAM!* when we return.

In fact, I'm leaning heavily towards shooting the inquisitor and to hell with the consequences after this exchange root made a few updates ago:
‘Really? I’m told the Officio Medicae is baffled by the pathogen that killed the men in the hive-city, as is our own Biologus Adepts. And yet you are prepared to deal with it?’

‘Yes. I am a simple man, Inquisitor, and when faced with something that corrupts the flesh of my fellow guardsmen, I see a simple solution.’ You slot the charge pack into place with a loud click ‘The Emperor’s benediction.’

‘Good man.’ The Inquisitor says, nodding. ‘Hold true to that, and I shall look into having you reinstated to your previous rank.’

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
A radical, possibly heretic Inquisitor, what a twist! Well, not really, they are all corrupted bastards more or less. Gazing into the abyss and all that.

Flippity flop to 1. We will not tolerate heretics, even if they bear the Rosette.

Back to 2. I have no honor.

Kayerts

Arcane

Isn't he reading our mind right now, though? Doesn't he know what we're about to do? How much effort is it for a psyker to paralyze our fingers?

edit:
In fact, I'm leaning heavily towards shooting the inquisitor and to hell with the consequences after this exchange root made a few updates ago

Yeah. Beyond it being in our guardsman's character to shoot the obviously tainted, the inquisitor took us with him, even knowing our responses. He wouldn't have done that if he'd been planning to expose himself to the goo. Contrapositively, he wasn't planning to expose himself to the goo. Something changed his mind, and while I suppose it's possible that it wasn't mind-control, I can't imagine why else he'd willingly mainline ooze.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

This. Really need more information. My first instinct is that someone - even an inquisitor - who voulentarily risks infecting himself with xenomatter is a dangerous radical at best, and most likely a HERETIC. Standard procedure is definately *BLAM!*. But I need more of an indication as to whether our squad is likely to BLAM us immediately afterwards to make an informed decision. It'd also be nice to know if we have a pict recording of the inquisitors recent HERESY to show to our COs to prevent subsequent *BLAM!* when we return.

In fact, I'm leaning heavily towards shooting the inquisitor and to hell with the consequences after this exchange root made a few updates ago:

There can be only one answer then. Shoot the inquisitor! :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom