Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    You raise good points; I just doubt how feasible it'd be to run. Our new recruits are not the most reliable bros in the world; they were rooting for our deaths a few minutes ago. If we desert them in the face of danger, they might decide they had the right of it before, yell "Death to the False Redeemer," and then we'll have both hullghasts and mutants on our ass.

Furthermore, how much time do you expect they're going to buy us? Root didn't give exact numbers, but I don't see the fight lasting more than a few minutes. Depending on how focused the hullghasts are, they might come after us when it's done; if we make a wrong turn and have to double back, that's bad news. It also seems fair to count on a boss fight at the end of the black hold. I'd prefer not to face it with a t-shirt and 6 shots of a flashlight, while hullghasts close on us from behind.

^ Top  
  2. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    A few minutes is optimistic. If we abandon our new friends, the Hullghasts will rip through some of them in a matter of seconds, and the rest of our canonfodder will scatter out of fear.

^ Top  
  3. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Would trying to blindly run from a horde of mutant killers with broken ribs and spastic muscles (and possibly our loyal allies chasing after us) really have been smarter?

^ Top  
  5. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    Yes.

^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    :salute:

Agern was expecting Schafer. Agern has also probably considered the chance that Schafer may attack him. The only surprise here is the Witchesbane, but that only protects against psychic assault. Warp sorcery is another matter, no?

^ Top  
  7. m4davis Scholar

m4davis
  8. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    "Olololololo let's go up against a swarm of hullghasts and be a REEDERMUR LULZ!1 EMPRAH PURGE HUEHUEHUEHUE'

enjoy your fate point, retards.

And yes, I'm sure attacking an inquisitor with 2 fucking stormtroopers is a dandy idea, dumbfucks, I'm sure our WITCHUZBANNUBANNU will protect us from MASSIVE HELLGUN RAPE and PSY RATING 2978

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  9. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Yeah, that was fucking stupid. We've burnt out the ace up our sleeve, now we've pretty much gotta bend over and hope Agern is kind enough to use lube. Goddamnit, we should have picked our fucking battles more wisely. To top it all off, even if we survive, the Inquisitor is probably going to shoot all of the mutants anyways, showing how utterly futile that endeavor was. I wanted to shoot his smug fucking head off, and now we're not in a position to do so.

2)

^ Top  
  10. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    DONT WORRY SON, AT LEAST UR A REEDYMURR, HUEHUEHUE

^ Top  
  11. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    2. There's no way we can survive an attack against the Inquisitor and his stormtroopers.

^ Top  
  12. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, fuck. 2, I guess.
    I'm pretty damn sure that Agern set the whole shebang up on purpose. I think he knew Schaefer, or some of the promethium refinery guardsmen would make it. He means to use us for something and then get rid of us, in all likelihood. I don't think the whole "I'll see to it you'll get your rank back" figures into the equation anymore, and we're most likely a dead man walking. With one arm.

Besides, =I=. :desu:

^ Top  
  13. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    FFS, Darth Roxor, calm down. Everything is going according to plan. Sort of. :smug:

^ Top  
  14. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, root did say that fatepoints were about survivng stupid decisions, and not making intelligent ones. We play this smart, we just might end up as the Official Colonel Shaeffer (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Schaeffer). You know, with a penal legion under our command. And a bionic arm. Just 'sayin.

^ Top  
  15. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Inquisitor confirmed to be a servant of Tzeentch.

^ Top  
  16. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    We planned to lose an arm? Unless you planned to make the exact opposite of Limpwrist Macfaggot; Courageous Macmoron, you guys blew it.
    Going with 2. We're missing an arm, for fuck's sake, psychic resilience will only get us so far.

He still able to read our mind, root, or has the Witchbane trait made us too strong for that?

^ Top  
  17. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Voting 2.

^ Top  
  18. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri

Good job bros. I seem to remember saying this would happen and that we were pushing our luck in combat.

Looks like the mutant Sergeant will finally get his Commissar evaluaton, so he can be blammed for heresyfaggotry, and NoArm McHerpderp will get his brain removed by the Inquisitor and used as a fleshlight.

^ Top  
  19. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Even if we could kill the inquisitor with our witchbane talent, we'd die to stormtroopers. No point in dying for no reason. 2

^ Top  
  20. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    To be fair, better to be a NoArm McHerpDerp than a Limpwrist McFaggot.

^ Top  
  21. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Better to be Pragmatic McNotBumfuckedbyHullghasts and Inquisitard than either.

I thought we were playing a mildly pragmatic character. Planetside we didn't BLAM the =I= because he seemed to still be "normal" by =I= standards. We didn't rescue our fellow guardsmen because the refinery seemed like a deathtrap. We killed the witch because we had no way to really run away safely, but then when we did we stood to fight.

So far we have avoided battles that seemed overwhelmingly against us, so why did we suddenly decide to PURGE DA XENOS when we were unfit for combat, when we've avoided helping fellow Guardsmen when we were hale and hearty? It makes no sense. Consistency. Do you motherfuckers speak it?

That said, why did we suddenly forget the existence of our LAS pistol in the hullghast fight, and take a decommissioned eviscerator instead? ROOOOOOOOTTTTTTT

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    [​IMG]

Is it really?

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    I probably would at that. Anyway, I don't think the =I= wants to turn our skull into an ashtray yet.

^ Top  
  24. Hoodoo It gets passed around. Dumbfuck

Hoodoo
    1. What dosnt kill us only makes us stronger

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Cuz there was a total of like 6 shots left in it? o_O

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.