Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    Of course it makes sense. Now that we have reached... ah... "safety", the choice of fighting the hullghasts seems bad, but back then the other option translated to me as: "run alone and injured into unknown and highly dangerous territory, possibly with a pack of hullghasts at your heels." An excellent way to get trapped somewhere between two sets of monsters.

^ Top  
  2. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Yes, but then we used it against the giant beast, but since we only have one hand/arm left, how were we able to in one scene use the las pistol on the giant beast, then when the Inquisitard enters, we're gripping the (2-handed) eviscerator firmly in our right hand? Did we secrete the las pistol in our asshole?

How is a one armed man changing between weapons and holding onto both of them so easily? Bros I am confuse.

^ Top  
  3. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    It's cool bro, I was confused as to how we managed to keep all the gear when we're down a hand. If we're trying to use a melee weapon (2handed eviscerator?) against stormtroopers and the inquisitor with only one functioning arm and broken ribs, it makes the choice more important, because Schafer doesn't seem fit for combat. I mean what the fuck is he going to do? Kill the =I= then continue fighting his way to the hangar to steal a transport to the Eye of Terror to present himself for glorious assrape by Khorne for having slaughtered his foes so gloriously?

The real issue now is that we've spared the Inquisitor once, we're now a renegade and we're in such poor physical condition that we'll either die now anyway without medical attention (maybe while comatose they can turn us into a servitor fluffer to suck the =I='s dick since that's where people seem to want to go), or we can try to kill him and the stormtroopers and without our fate point maybe pull off a miracle, before returning gloriously to the ship to be blammed for heresy. If we kill him, we're pretty fucked, if we don't we're pretty fucked (if his intentions are not pure).

IF he really did make the holo-identifier available to our char, and was setting the black hold up as a test of our resolve to a) survive and b) to root out perceived heresy, then maybe he really is a bro and he wants to find new recruits for the Ordos Xenos or some shit. But if he is corrupt, then we're bumfucked.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    don't apologise bro, that's what makes it good shit.

^ Top  
  5. Azael Magister

Azael
    Wasteland 2

We have no choice as it is now, we might be badass, but we are wounded and seriously underpowered to take on what appears to be a higher ranked Inquisitor with a stormtrooper retinue.

^ Top  
  6. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Bros, the Emperor's Tarot is telling me that if we choose 2, the update will be MAJESTIC

^ Top  
  7. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Either option we choose, the Inquistor still fucks us with a twin-linked contemptor pattern vibrating dildo.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    2 of course.

I think this went pretty well. Apart from losing fate point I mean. And the arm - that kind of hurt. But in the process we have made our Shepard into the complete opposite of the late lieutenant, a good thing in my book. Plus if the Inquisitor really is uncorrupted this could still end well for us (after we do whatever he wants us for he might find us too useful to just get rid off - maybe unlikely, but possible).

1 is suicide.

^ Top  
  9. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    EDITED: 1, just (try to) blast the fucker and die trying, allowing us to reroll a new character :M

^ Top  
  10. Azael Magister

Azael
    Wasteland 2
    Uncorrupted might be up for discussion, he most likely isn't, but if he's still in control of himself we might make it out alive and maybe even turn this into a Let's LARP Dark Heresy thread instead :M

^ Top  
  11. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Of course I vote one.... this is 41 Milenium so pragmatic choices will lead us to buttrape and corruphsion.... Of course If you would tell me we're going to play it as collargrabing Commander Shaffer we could rescue our bros from rafinery. And btw Root told us we won't be accepted into =I= so stop sucking his power armored cock.

^ Top  
  12. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Losing a fate point to slay Hellghasts and make it out alive instead of running away seems fine to me. Before we chose to avoid situations like these, which is smart. But when you're in them running away is just cowardly and not worthy of the Steel Legion, nor the Imperium. The Emperor protects.

If the Inquisitor wanted us dead, he simply wouldn't have attacked our super-mutant friend and be done with it. I hardly think that attacking him would make any difference anyway, since we're wounded, our mutant friends are of no worth and we just managed to get out of two shitty situations alive with a bunch of people in our back (that most likely are getting killed no matter what) and I firmly believe that the third time ain't a charm. So for me it's 2. We decided to not shoot him the first time, and the little mind games these fucking Inquisition bastards play shouldn't change that, it's normal. Unless root put another blank (but there is no indication of that) into our midst, then that could change the outcome of the fight :M

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  13. Zaan Novice

Zaan
    2) We didn't shoot the Inquisitor before, so it's obvious we shouldn't do it now. He's just a well intended radical and we should support him.

Also so much glorious butthurt in this thread. I still think that fighting hellghast wasn't the EXTREME option, both choices were quite even, running the blackhold wounded and alone not knowing the layout could be just as suicidal as fighting hellghast.

^ Top  
  14. Hoodoo It gets passed around. Dumbfuck

Hoodoo
    As far as we know this inquisitor deals with chaos, framed us and then left us to die. Not attacking him now would be against our characters character and, if it turns out this inquisitor is actually a bro, a moment of weakness that would make us look like a spineless heretic.

We know our duty and we must do it. May the Emperor have mercy on our soul.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    2. I don't regret the previous choice either.

^ Top  
  16. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Do we know he deals with chaos? As far as I remember, we don't. We saw him be radical back on 31-12, were he got into contact with that black sludge stuff. But we don't know if it had any affiliation with chaos whatsoever. In fact, we saw Cultists, and we can guess that there were some Nurgle-Daemons aswell, but they got killed by either our plasma warheads, or whatever it is that causes the rain to be that toxic and lethal. =I= would have told us if it was of chaotic origin, but he didn't, most likely meaning it is something best kept unknown to the normal guy.
    They do this all the time, and the only people having a general knowledge of all the enemies of the imperium are commisars and the Inquisition. The fact that he was trying to get rid of us, if just for a few hours/day, however long we actually travelled through the black hold, tells us one thing, which we knew beforehand: He's an Inquisitor. They do this stuff all the time, and noone really cares much since they are beyond the chain of command. Something sinister is going on down there and the only one who knows what it is we're fighting, is the one guy you wanna shoot because he MIGHT be tainted, and that after we just walked out of a black hold alive, with 6 mutant friends, yet you expect to live through all of this after shooting him, because we can tell on him. Doesn't really sound coherent to me.

^ Top  
  17. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    Alright, changing my vote (check my previous post) as we won't make it out of the Black Holds. Hopefully our next character will be a badass, tough-as-(iron) nails Techpriest.

^ Top  
  18. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Fuck it.

Better to be crippled in body than corrupt in mind

^ Top  
  19. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Wen didn't go into the hive city because we don't get to redo our previous choices. There's no reason to suddenly attack the =I=.

^ Top  
  20. Helly Translating for brofists Patron

Helly
    Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Men, attack !
    [​IMG]

^ Top  
  21. Hoodoo It gets passed around. Dumbfuck

Hoodoo
    The guy infected himself, then used sorcery to make it look like we were infected, thats Chaos enough in a guardsmens book I think. He pretty much damned us to vivisection in a Medicae Bay.

Hopefully there's more going on than we know and after witnessing our valour he is merciful to us.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Sounds like standard Inquisitor for SCIENCE! operating procedure, those =I= peeps are real cunts with or without Chaos.

^ Top  
  23. Renegen Arcane

Renegen
    2, fuck it is suicide to attack the =I=, FUUUU.

^ Top  
  24. Zero Credibility Arcane

Zero Credibility
    I really don't get the point in shooting him now. Clearly he doesn't want us dead (at least not right now). Like Saark said, if he wanted us dead all he had to do was wait a few seconds. Just open the door, look around, say "Oh, you're getting eaten right now. Sorry to bother you." and close the door back. But instead he saves us, so this was clearly a twisted test of some kind. Which we are not going to pass if we try (and fail) to kill him now instead of doing as he tells us. And even if by some miracle we survive attacking him (yeah, right), what then - we go to the general and tell him we killed the Inquisitor because we suspected he might be corrupted by something? Yeah, that's going to end well.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    I just don't think it's worth attacking him out of sheer pragmatism. Schäfer's just barely survived two consecutive battles against a witch and Hullghasts, he's gotten the shit kicked out of him, his uniform's been reduced to rags, his muscles' spastic and his ribs smashed, all he's got is a barely-working eviscerator, and, oh yeah he's missing a fucking arm. We are not in the position to either run (frankly, I'm amazed he hasn't dropped already from shock and blood loss), or fight (our increased mental resilience will not save us from hellgun shots, and what exactly will we do to the =I=? Bleed on him? He won't exactly let us cut him in half, especially after we loudly announce our intention to do so), so all we can do is die in vain or go along with him.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.