Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Esquilax

Arcane
I don't think that you can consider any of these choices in isolation. For example let's say somebody votes 1BY: A gung-ho attitude combined with a more lenient attitude and a neutral policy towards Holt so that we make sure we don't either piss him off or get fucked over by him. I don't feel that this is a very consistent policy because if we're going to have a glory-seeking mindset, then it doesn't jive well with going easy on the men.

If we're going to go to do the most dangerous work, then we can't very well let the men think that we're weak - we'll have to use our reputation to our advantage at every opportunity. We'll have to let them know that if we're ready and willing to shoot our CO at the first sign of heresy, then we're sure as hell going to be willing to keep them in line to achieve victory.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
1) So far sheps been the EXTREME trooper as befit his namesake, let him not waver in his faith now

Edit: picking A due to
btw, 1AX is the most pious, Emperor-Fearing choice. Not 1AZ as some people seem to think.
The Emperor asks only that you hate.
Your Superior asks only that you obey.

X) I see this as being most in character tbh seeing how readily this shep deferred to the inquisitor and his overall "professional soldier" attitude means I don't picture him as the type to defy authority and the hierarchy of command.

So 1AX for a pious and loyal officer.

ironyuri

I think Y makes the most sense because Y seems to say we'd be using the baneblade strategically, rather than just giving it to the Commissar or keeping it for our own character. 1A fits with that. We're denying the Commissar his baneblade so that we might use it, as fits with A, ruthlessly and efficiently when the time is right. With Z it's just like YEEHAW RIDIN' MA BANER.

Baltika9

Arcane
You know, I've a feeling that if the Lord Commissar is as crazy as I think down there, we'll have to organize an accident for him, and rather quickly.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
^I won't argue that Y would be most sensible option, but just don't see any RP reason to pick it. Then again there isn't RP reasons against it either (maybe the experience in the hold made our shep more of a leader of men then he was before).

As for A and B, im torn because our shep up to now has been a bit of schizo regarding his approach to others. On one hand he was quite happy not to back up his buddies, on the other he not only lead mutants and stuck with them when he could have ran and took more risks then he should have, he even ends up vouching for them (which also had an element of risk involved for little apparent gain at the time).

2 - we are driven by faith, not blinded by it.

A - we do what must be done.

Z - if Holt were as competent as everyone thinks he is, this world would already be under Imperial control.

GreyViper

Prophet
1AY
Ill say this, we will need the Baneblade for final push. But Im curious can we equip or acquire some melta or flame weapons because they should be most effective, against the enemy.

Alex

Arcane
I think the cautious 2BY seems the best option as well. Although I really don't know which between A and B I prefer. Both can backfire and it is hard to say which one will.

Kayerts

Arcane
we are a Medicus afterall (how exactly did we become such a foaming at the mouth officer when we are a trained Medicus?)

We bring death or healing. We care not which.

Z - if Holt were as competent as everyone thinks he is, this world would already be under Imperial control.

Ooh, we could have a scene in which Shepard grabs the Lord Commissar's megacollar and tells him his failure could cost the Imperium this world.

Anyway, there's a reason why Golden Mean's last name is Fallacy.
1AY
1 - If anyone in this outfit has a reason for faith, it's us.
A - Holt's not an idiot; he doesn't waste men. If he's shooting guardsmen left and right, I trust things are dire and in need of Redemption.
Y - It won't endear us to Holt, but his job isn't to be our friend. His job is to shoot us if we fail. Conversely, he can have a Baneblade when he's punched Ghazghkull in the balls with his power klaw and the Black Templars consider him an honorary bro. Worthiness precedes reward.

Zaan

Novice

ironyuri

Fags who voted for SCOURGE AND PURGE in the Black Hold now voting 2 because they have pussified themselves. I hope you've all tucked your dicks between your legs, my mangina friends.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Fags who voted for SCOURGE AND PURGE in the Black Hold now voting 2 because they have pussified themselves. I hope you've all tucked your dicks between your legs, my mangina friends.
347795g.jpg

I'm personally not too worried about the first two, only one I think could potentially fuck us over is Z. Long live pragmatic mcfriendlyguy.

Alex

Arcane

The virtue of sacrifice is not about sacrificing others, it is about sacrificing yourself... and while mixing Ultima virtues with WH40k GRIMDARKNESS may not be such a good idea, it is at least bound to be an entertaining one.

Endemic

Arcane
Your work's pretty incline compared to the Dark Eldar crap I've been reading lately...

Endemic

Arcane
why thank you. which dark eldar crap might that be?

Something involving an overly angry and sadistic DE cult leader who keeps human female sex slaves and teleports randomly when the plot demands it, while Craftworld Eldar try to stop his raping and pillaging of a human colony before the inevitable anti-alien purge of the sector...I think that was the gist of it anyway.

The accompanying tabletop miniatures were pretty cool though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
COMPILATION COMPLETE!

Code:
Step 1:
Count all the votes. for multiple vote votes, split every vote into multiple rows. Note down names as well to spot duplicates. Empty choices are denoted with -

BABABBABBAABABBABAAAABAABABAABBAA
YYYYYYZYYZYZYYYYYYZZXZZYYYYZYYYYY
Jick_Magger_101, m4davis, Jaedar, ironyuri, Ulminati, Oscar, Esquilax, ZeroCred, Kzero, Treave, Azael, Saark, Azira, Hoodoo, Baltika, Storyfag, Renegen, Omicron, shoman, hellraiser, brotherfrank, Bloodshifter, UndeadPhoenix, Greyviper, Excidium, Roxor, Alex, Stygian, Kayerts, Zaan, Endemic, Longinus, Randomword

Step 2 - Discard names once you're sure no duplicates are tracked.

Step 3: Delete all instances of a given vote in a row

Step 4: Re-add the vote until the row length matches the other rows (works best in notepad or somewhere else with fixed-width characters).

Step 5: repeat to sort
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
XYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYZZZZZZZZ

Step 6: Count!
11111111111111111 222222222222222 3 -> 1:17, 2:15, 3:1
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB -> A:18, B:15
X YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZZZZ -> x:1, Y:24, Z:8

Result: 1AY

ALL GLORY TO THE MACHINE SPIRIT!

Kayerts

Arcane
Ah, so it's a man-machine hybrid! I was wondering.

Ulminati / root -- I could write a script to automate steps 2-6, if that's helpful to either of you; step 1 would probably require creating an Abominable Intelligence, though. (Or making people obey a rigid voting format, and then I'd have to parse shit, and it'd generally be irritating.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom