Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jun 22, 2012.

1. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Fags who voted for SCOURGE AND PURGE in the Black Hold now voting 2 because they have pussified themselves. I hope you've all tucked your dicks between your legs, my mangina friends.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

I'm personally not too worried about the first two, only one I think could potentially fuck us over is Z. Long live pragmatic mcfriendlyguy.

^ Top  
  3. Random Word Arbiter Patron

Random Word
    MCA Project: Eternity
  4. Alex betthurt

Alex
    The virtue of sacrifice is not about sacrificing others, it is about sacrificing yourself... and while mixing Ultima virtues with WH40k GRIMDARKNESS may not be such a good idea, it is at least bound to be an entertaining one.

^ Top  
  5. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    Your work's pretty incline compared to the Dark Eldar crap I've been reading lately...

^ Top  
  6. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    Something involving an overly angry and sadistic DE cult leader who keeps human female sex slaves and teleports randomly when the plot demands it, while Craftworld Eldar try to stop his raping and pillaging of a human colony before the inevitable anti-alien purge of the sector...I think that was the gist of it anyway.

The accompanying tabletop miniatures were pretty cool though.

^ Top  
  7. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected

Compiling...

^ Top  
  8. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    COMPILATION COMPLETE!

Code:
    Step 1:
    Count all the votes. for multiple vote votes, split every vote into multiple rows. Note down names as well to spot duplicates. Empty choices are denoted with -

BABABBABBAABABBABAAAABAABABAABBAA
    YYYYYYZYYZYZYYYYYYZZXZZYYYYZYYYYY
    Jick_Magger_101, m4davis, Jaedar, ironyuri, Ulminati, Oscar, Esquilax, ZeroCred, Kzero, Treave, Azael, Saark, Azira, Hoodoo, Baltika, Storyfag, Renegen, Omicron, shoman, hellraiser, brotherfrank, Bloodshifter, UndeadPhoenix, Greyviper, Excidium, Roxor, Alex, Stygian, Kayerts, Zaan, Endemic, Longinus, Randomword

Step 2 - Discard names once you're sure no duplicates are tracked.

Step 3: Delete all instances of a given vote in a row

Step 4: Re-add the vote until the row length matches the other rows (works best in notepad or somewhere else with fixed-width characters).

Step 5: repeat to sort
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
    XYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYZZZZZZZZ

Step 6: Count!
    11111111111111111 222222222222222 3 -> 1:17, 2:15, 3:1
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA  BBBBBBBBBBBBBBB -> A:18, B:15
    X YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZZZZ -> x:1, Y:24, Z:8

Result: 1AY
    ALL GLORY TO THE MACHINE SPIRIT!

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  9. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Ah, so it's a man-machine hybrid! I was wondering.

Ulminati / root -- I could write a script to automate steps 2-6, if that's helpful to either of you; step 1 would probably require creating an Abominable Intelligence, though. (Or making people obey a rigid voting format, and then I'd have to parse shit, and it'd generally be irritating.)

^ Top  
  10. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    Kayerts -- Steps 2-6 take less than a minute to do by hand anyway. root was asking me if I had a program earlier, but as I explained to him, writing a program that could parse from post #x to post #y, isolate and count votes while still accounting for people quoting each other, people musing about choices instead of voting and people not adhering to any kind of uniform formatting would probably take longer than total time spent collecting, sorting and counting votes for the entirety of this LP.

If we could agree that people had to encase their vote in some kind of tag, say [VOTE]1BY[/VOTE], you could probably write a pretty efficient parser that matches post with username and disregards all subsequent [VOTE][/VOTE] occurences in their posts in the span you're counting votes in, as well as telling it to disregard all instances of [VOTE][/VOTE] that occur inside quotations. But again, it's a lot of extra work for very little gain. I mean, seriously, if it bothers root that much to count votes, he can just go "voting closed, Ulminati, get to work!" and I'll tally them no problem. I'll even post my calculation steps as above so people can be all butthurt if I forget to count their vote.

^ Top  
  11. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Ulminati -- ha, all good and valid points. I take an inordinate amount of satisfaction from writing simple text-processing scripts, so I figured I'd offer, but you're def. right about efficiency.

^ Top  
  12. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yes but we're Renegade Shep much like famous Colonel Commissar is so:

1)The Emperor Protects, and I will do whatever is needed of me for the sake of the Imperium. Death or Glory! Victory is measured in blood; mine, or mine enemies’.

After what we did in hold... which I voted against no time for adeptus Kitchenus aproach.

A)Play up my reputation. The men will be more efficient under a ruthless commander who does what needs doing. They have been lazing about for too long; it’s time to instill a measure of resolve. It is better to be feared than loved.

Yes if we want our men fallow us into warp (and hopefuly back) we need whip them into proper Emperor aproved frenzy.... they're doomed but can achieve Redemption with our help.

Y) Be neutral towards him. Let him exert his authority within the bounds of reason, but be wary of when he urges you into too much carelessness. The Baneblade will be employed as it becomes necessary. This might lead him to believe you are being intentionally
    disrespectful, but such is the Commander’s lot.

Walk Softly and carry the Big Gun. Give him all respect His Rank and achievements require... But Baneblade will be needed to cover our assoult. Emperor protects... but having eleven barrels of hell is good too. :smug:

^ Top  
  13. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    I'm not going to add Commissar Dracos vote to the tally above. I assumed the point where root tagged me twice in 2 hours complaining about the Adeptus Mechanicus not providing him with a tallying servitor was the point where voting was closed and tallied.

You're more right than you realize. A lot of my early studies at university was mnemetic exercises to train us to emulate a computer so we could design and understand complex algorithms on paper.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Heresy Dont blame me for being sent into Adeptus kitchenus Ulminatibro.

^ Top  
  15. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Did you also drink sapho juice?

^ Top  
  16. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion
    It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Ha, yeah, same here. I even had an ex-Soviet prof whose mother was a computer. (I always felt like I was at a disadvantage in his class, since my mother was a person.)

^ Top  
  18. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    It's an extremely useful skill to have, so long as it's something you cognizant of doing and keep as a seperate train of thought. Doing it invoulentarily just makes you an autist :P

If you're doing some low-concentration task like gossiping, watching tv or whatever it's sometimes nice to run some background computations and solving whatever high-concentration task you happen to be stumped at at the time. It's like recognizing "I'm not using this part of the brain at the moment. I have this other problem that needs solving. Let's idly try analyzing it from random angles and see if a solution clicks in place".
    I frequently do my best programming when I'm not sitting at the computer. But it can be a bit difficult to explain in a socially acceptable way why you suddenly fist-pump and go "EUREKA!" in the middle of a boring dinner conversation.

^ Top  
  19. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor

but why, after all the virtue of compassion is a sword :(

^ Top  
  20. Ulminati Kamelåså! Patron

Self-Ejected
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    [​IMG]
    Nope we're the type One who shoots Commanders for heresy Imperial Hero.

^ Top  
  22. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    It's like I'm really playing a Sierra point and click adventure game!

^ Top  
  23. Random Word Arbiter Patron

Random Word
    MCA Project: Eternity
    But we sacrificed riding around in a Baneblade for the good of our men, and so it could best be used to carry out the mission assigned to us by our superiors. The Emperor is totally cool with that. X would have been violating the Imperial Creed by using the Baneblade to enlarge Holt's ego rather than accomplish His will.

^ Top  
  24. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    Three pages without an update? HERESY!

^ Top  
  25. m4davis Scholar

m4davis

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.