Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jun 22, 2012.

1. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    We chose 3 last time ound because misshun, now we're going to leave our Enginseer/techpriest with only a small bodyguard force in a hold we haven't fully cleansed, to go after a squad that disobeyed orders and went further than they should have... in a labyrinth of tunnels and passages which we could barely navigate just moments ago.

:hmm:

2, I guess?

^ Top  
  2. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    Well, they didn't directly disobey orders but:

"‘Captain? It’s Lieutenant Solus. We’ve followed the tracks into the sub-decks, we’re now at deck 3-E, the second Black Hold. A couple more Hullghast kills along the way, Captain, but…’"

we told them to purge the hullghast nest, the fact Solus just kept derping along instead of seeking new orders
    from Schafer when he must have obviously realised he was crossing into the new hold (he can identify the
    deck), indicates he should probably have requested further orders ie: do we wait, or perform recon, like a good
    squad leader.

Yes, I'm very butthurt about Solus the fictional lieutenant.

^ Top  
  3. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Grumbles, Knew We should consult Batiushka instead of Trash Mutant. 1 of course :obviously: mission first then we can check what blasphemy our late Lt. Solus found. :salute: He still should stay put the moment He realised witchery is afoot. He is Imperial Guardman not Spahs Wolf after all.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
  5. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Yes fail teh mishiun and lose all men to chaos... briliant.

^ Top  
  6. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    Hey, let's not forget our character has been in the Holds before and survived alone against a mutant horde... 2 squads is enough.

^ Top  
  7. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    The Emperor Protects! :salute:

^ Top  
  8. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Stumbled upon this picture while googling "the emperor protects" and felt the need to share:

[​IMG]

:lol:

^ Top  
  9. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
  10. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    the machine gods have abandoned image shack

^ Top  
  11. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    Heh. Hosting fail yes. Fixed it now I think.

^ Top  
  12. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
    Speaking of emperor protects, I found this one:

[​IMG]

I'm confused, who is she supposed to be? :?

^ Top  
  13. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    For now, consider my sort of vote rescinded. I'll vote whatever Darth Roxor votes.

^ Top  
  14. Jick Magger Arcane Patron

Jick Magger
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
    I'm less concerned about leaving two squads to the mutant hordes, and more over the fact that we're going into fucking R'lyeh with only five or so guys to look for a squad that's obviously had their brains sucked out and body's used as marionettes by the bloody vagina snot-monster from Starship Troopers. I read The Traitor's Hand, I know what really happens to people who read evil writing on the walls.

Leaning towards 1 now, but will flip-flop if given a good argument.

^ Top  
  15. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    yes, but being that this is a root lp, half of those 20 men are probably jeanstealers in disguise, and the priest will probably turn into a champion of khorne after going on a flamer rampage, and then chestbusters will probably bust out of the other half of the 20 men's chests and they'll all turn on schafer and the rape will be glorious.

^ Top  
  16. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    So, we're going with a boozed-up priest into a fuel spill? :troll:

Any chance of leaving him here?

^ Top  
  17. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    :mhd:

^ Top  
  18. CappenVarra phase-based phantasmist Patron

CappenVarra
    But but we have a fate point! :D

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Hoodoo It gets passed around. Dumbfuck

Hoodoo

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Longinus Educated

Longinus
    We didn't go to rafinery once when we were a private, now we are in charge and we make the decisions and is high time to help the little ones in their troubles (especially since they asked so nicely)

^ Top  
  21. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Can't we really summon the reinforcements now? They're not doing anything important ATM, are they? Just standing near the SEALED door to the rest of the ship. They might as well advance to protect the Enginseer now. OR move to support Lt. Souls - I think they might be closer than we are? But I'd rather just tell them to move to the power coupling and have Schafer deal with KHAYOSS.

^ Top  
  22. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    The mission comes first. As captain, it is our duty to ensure that everything is performed successfully. We should stay with the techpriest, basically the only one able to actually get the power couplings to work again. So far we've lost not a single man (correct me if I'm wrong here) which is not surprising seeing how so far we've only faced lowly mutants, but we're going to lose men some day and we can't save them all. Going down there now would put the techpriest in more danger since we're not around and he is more important than Mr. Solus and the rest of the squad combined. I'd rather delegate another squad, possibly the one stationed at the bulkhead to move out, if that's possible. That would be more captainly in my book.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  23. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    Saark's convinced me, flipping to 1. Whole crews can get trapped in these quarters, and we don't come out until the power couplings are connected. I don't want us lost and forgotten.

^ Top  
  24. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    1 The mission FOR THA EMPEROR!

There is a witch nearby playing with Souls mind more then likely

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.