Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Yeah, let's vote 1 and charge blindly off track looking for a few guardsmen in a massive Black Hold when we have no vox communication, no visual communication, no audio and don't know where the fuck they are. We obviously will not get lost, and obviously will not be putting the mission in danger with our actions :roll:

Yes, I am voting for 1.

ironyuri

Alright, how about we ask Groshaw for some details on the Black Hold now that we're here.

Maybe ask him if he can make heads or tails of why we're so far off track of our mapped location, and ask him what the fuck is up with the maze of tunnels.

And I'm willing to flop to 3.

Kayerts

Arcane
Yeah, of the two of them, Groshaw seems the most likely to say something relevant to our decision process. Let's ask him. Though I don't expect either to have anything directly useful to say, it'll at least be interesting.

ironyuri

Yeah, of the two of them, Groshaw seems the most likely to say something relevant to our decision process. Let's ask him. Though I don't expect either to have anything directly useful to say, it'll at least be interesting.

I don't know, Groshaw knows the black holds, he might at least be able to deal us more about the black substance or more about wtf is going on with the winding passages/why we can't hear the other squads eventhough they're engaging enemies seemingly only a few hundred metres away.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I think you guys might be overestimating Groshaw's infinite knowledge. He lived in the Holds, true. But the black plastic thingie comes from DIRTSIDE. If we're gonna consult anyone, let's stick with the priest.

ironyuri

Well, I don't think Groshaw has infinite knowledge, but he knows a thing or two about where we are and we haven't taken the opportunity to talk to him about the layout of the holds.

Also, root said in the update that we remember vaguely hearing about the black substance and Groshaw mentioned the possibility of it being super-cooled fuel and that the hullghasts like nesting in the black hold where it's cool.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
2 for now. Limpwrist Mcfaggot died from not fighting off the forces of chaos when he had a chance. Can be persuaded to change.

1, mission comes first

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
If anyone should be out fighting the sorcerous powers, it is our captain. The emperor protects, and so he will keep watch over our Techpriest. We led him here to fix the coupling, and now Lieutenant Solus sounds like he's gotten in too deep for his own good.

If we tarry too long, things could turn very grim. I'm for 2 as well. :salute:

ironyuri

Oh, I won't be keeping track of this explicitly in the updates (though you should), but you earned +++respect from your men by correctly deducing the mutants were being followed by the other squads and not shooting into them. also for bravery since you charged like an ork, but for an actual reason. you did get -respect for having groshaw react to your bizarre interrogations, tho.

didn't think groshaw would turn out to be full retard

ironyuri

Well... he was smart enough to hack into our comm bead, so I thought he might have a working brain cell. :p

Mutants gonna mute I guess.

Baltika9

Arcane
2. We have witchesbane. We have a fatepoint. We have a company's loyalty to earn.

ironyuri

We chose 3 last time ound because misshun, now we're going to leave our Enginseer/techpriest with only a small bodyguard force in a hold we haven't fully cleansed, to go after a squad that disobeyed orders and went further than they should have... in a labyrinth of tunnels and passages which we could barely navigate just moments ago.

:hmm:

2, I guess?

ironyuri

they didn't disobey orders.

the rest is correct, however.

Well, they didn't directly disobey orders but:

"‘Captain? It’s Lieutenant Solus. We’ve followed the tracks into the sub-decks, we’re now at deck 3-E, the second Black Hold. A couple more Hullghast kills along the way, Captain, but…’"

we told them to purge the hullghast nest, the fact Solus just kept derping along instead of seeking new orders
from Schafer when he must have obviously realised he was crossing into the new hold (he can identify the
deck), indicates he should probably have requested further orders ie: do we wait, or perform recon, like a good
squad leader.

Yes, I'm very butthurt about Solus the fictional lieutenant.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Grumbles, Knew We should consult Batiushka instead of Trash Mutant. 1 of course :obviously: mission first then we can check what blasphemy our late Lt. Solus found. :salute: He still should stay put the moment He realised witchery is afoot. He is Imperial Guardman not Spahs Wolf after all.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Stumbled upon this picture while googling "the emperor protects" and felt the need to share:

71feff9f-91cb-4c0a-9d7c-ddf35f1dcc7d.jpg

:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom