Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's LARP the Emperor's Finest - a wh40k IF

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by Holy Cow, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    4. Remove chaotic kebab.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Smashing Axe Arcane Patron

Smashing Axe
    Divinity: Original Sin
    4. The Emperor Protects

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Storyfag Perfidious Pole Patron

Storyfag
    Official news: this thread has caused me to re-install Dawn of War and re-download Dawn of Steel :salute:

^ Top  
  4. Bloodshifter Educated

Bloodshifter
    BAH TOLD YE TO BLOW THAT TRAITOROUS WALL

4 FOR THA EMPEROR!!!!!!!!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    5)
    You close your eyes and go through many options in your head. In the end you reach the only one conclusion. There is only one option the rest are just a illusion and irrelevant, BECAUSE IN THE END IT IS YOU WHO IS IN CONTROLL!
    NOT Kirchhoff nor Groshaw or any kind of voice, they are pawns for you to control and to use as you see fit.

You reach inside of yourself mentally and gather all your inner strength into mental barrier. Then with a effort shape it in your mind into keep, no something more a TOWER OF IRON WILL!
    You open your eyes and your back in the reality of Black holds.
    And now understand that no voice will fight the victory for you.
    You are Shepard a medicae, a soldier, a champion for emperor and you have always known The Emperor Protects those who protect them selves. Its crystal clear to you these men need hope for the upcoming battle. They need to know you have a plan and YOU ARE IN CONTROLL.
    “Kirchhoff I trust you carry flask of Holy water with you all the time?” you ask with smile on your face.
    “And would you be so kind and bless some of our canteen water to, because I think we are going to need it,” you say chuckling.
    You turn to your men addressing them with a loud voice that echoes through corridors.
    “Brothers, comrades, we face a strong enemy who thinks he has already won.”
    “It thinks we have only choice, yet I say, its wrong there is only OUR choice, we are the makers of our own fate and it can’t control that”.
    “In truth it fears us, because we have the power and means to destroy it and it knows it.”
    “It will try to play mind games, it will try to turn us against each other, it will try to kill us and you will come to know that it fears Emperors light.”
    “ Our dear priest Kirchhoff should be done with blessing soon, so take up a song of courage and show our undivided faith into HIM WHO SITS ON GOLDEN THRONE and feel no fear.”
    “Sing SING, like you have never before, let all know here in darkness are men who bring emperors light to far corners of abyss, never faltering.”
    “We will going toward Gellar field that is where lies our salvation.”
    “When we encounter our enemy, you will take up covering fire arcs. You WILL use ANY COWER in combat. Concentrate fire on one target if possible, the ones who are using lasrifles, start using hotshots, make every shoot count. And finally if enemy gets close use the holy water our dear priest Kirchhoff provided you with.”
    “Now move out”

^ Top  
  6. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    Um... nice story, but what's your plan? Give an inspirational speech and charge into the Gellar Field? I've gotta be honest, I kinda skimmed through it.

Voting (1) at the moment, given that the priest seems to be the one most likely to keep a clear head here. Don't like (4) because I think fucking with Tyrant Star related nonsense at a time like this (or actually, any time at all) is a terrible idea. Willing to flop to any cunning plan (tm) you bros come up with.

(1)

^ Top  
  7. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    On the other hand a Keeper of Secrets (since I dont expect to run into a lesser daemon with that amount of power) might also feed on Groshaws blind devotion and courage while the other option is impossible to outsmart anyway. I'd say we go with Kirchhoff. Groshaw might have his uses, but fighting mental influences isn't one of them. As far as I recall he was under the witches spell before we could slay her, and a daemon is a whole other calibre. If there is one guy whose mental barricades should still be up it is ourselves, and even we got to see a strange vision. The daemon has plans for us, and it was happy to see that we didn't went for the geller field without the techpriest. Why? That he was uncertain of what choice we would make is the only thing that makes me believe we're facing a slaaneshi daemon here. Also, what about the blue halo?

Edit: On the off-chance that we are in fact facing a Lord of Change, being random might be our best bet. He already kind of thanked us for being rational, so maybe it is time to be unrational?

^ Top  
  8. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    well it sounds like from the dream that the daemon might be a keeper of secrets, but the maze sounds like a lord of change

maybe we're facing both at once. double penetration of shepards.

^ Top  
  9. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    Either way, it still needs a body to run around in. Lets burn each and every single one except ourselves, that's the only way we can be safe. Unless Malcer simply sacirifices the techpriest. Might be the reason why root said "they might all be dead, except for flavion" earlier.

^ Top  
  10. Esquilax Arcane

Esquilax
    I really doubt it's a Lord of Change or anything Tzeentchian. If that were the case, why would it be afraid of us going into the Gellar Field to begin with? A Tzeentchian demon would have a shitload of contingency plans and it wouldn't rely on such a gamble.

^ Top  
  11. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    Well, it expected us to react in a reasonable manner, something we did for the past 20 updates (with a few single exceptions). So it really wasn't that much of a gamble. And when facing tzeentzcian daemons you must always consider that tzeentzch might aswell be bored and wants some of his minions to fail miserably.

Edit: I just realized, didn't we have a choice between several names, one of them being Stern? Arvann Stern is a Gay-Knight captain that managed to banish a Lord of Change... Might be useless trivia, might be some actual relations there.

^ Top  
  12. ironyuri Guest

ironyuri
    I wish we'd used our fate point. Like I voted for. (After 2 flip flops.)

^ Top  
  13. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    And miss out on this? The update was great and I wouldn't want to miss out on what is going to happen next, do you? We might still use the fatepoint to pull a tesseract labyrinth out of our ass to imprison whatever daemon we're going to face. Or beat it fair and square and earn a second one. Or die horribly to a slaaneshi-tzeentzchian daemon mutant that was created by the black mold.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Commissar Draco Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar Patron

Commissar Draco
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
    I am shocked of the lack of faith in our Divine Undying Lord teh Emprah of all Humanity among Codexers, keep acting like rational men using secular Jew Science! it sure did helped Primarchs fighting off the Chaos influence during Horus Heresy. :roll:
    "My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive."

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Isn't that whole quote from the Spess Mehrens? They can get away with believing their armor is contempt, because their actual armor is armor. In contrast, our armor is mostly foreplay for our painful deaths.

• Brofist Brofist x 7
    ^ Top  
  16. Computer Gamer Refugee Learned

Computer Gamer Refugee
    Project: Eternity
    wow, I actually laughed when I read this. Wish I could brofist you.

Also, great LP. I've been enjoying it quite a bit.

^ Top  
  17. GreyViper Erudite

GreyViper
    Pretty much. Wasn't sleepy at that time so found something to occupy my time then.
    *give an inspirational speech
    *ask the priest to bless the water
    *give orders for men to use hot shoots and cover for maximum effect
    *use concentrated fire and holy water if enemy gets to close
    *and charge into the Gellar Field

I don't have rule book at hand, but would these actions make sense in Dark Heresy and the IG supplement?

^ Top  
  18. Endemic Arcane

Endemic
  19. Saark Arcane Patron

Saark
    2 - Let the daemon have its will. Ours is stronger.

^ Top  
  20. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
  21. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    For one thing, the daemon seems Tzeentchian (blue aura shows that, doesn't it?)

Second, I believe Kirchoff might be full of shit. He was the first to read the script, and all he claimed was 'lololo rogue ecclesiarchy'? But now, suddenly, his dudeguy starts translating the thing and runs off possessed?

Third, all those anti-psychic auras could mean Shepard is some sort of a blank, just like Ezekiel, who also happened to be influenced by the Tyrant Star. Aaaaaaand it might also explain the inquisitor's interest in Shepard, since psykers get naturally freaked out by blanks. It doesn't explain the voices at all though.

Fourth, I have no bloody idea what to do. 1 seems bad because Kirchoff is sleazy as all fuck, 2 is bad because lol let's go around in circles, 3 could be bad because Groshaw will just freak out again with 'OMG I THOUGHT YOU WERE REDEEMER :(((((((((((" and it's not like his darkholder instincts did fuck all earlier in the maze. 4 is the only one that doesn't appear completely horribad but I have no doubts it might just as well be the Outsider (or some other friendly star god) and will eventually lead to DEVOUR SOUL. As for 5...

We still have contact with the team securing the areas behind us, right. And I believe the Inquisitor is still on board the ship, right? Contact them and tell them to try to get the Inquisitor into this place ASAP and bring in many heavy boys with him. It will probably be too late when he arrives and the daemon will be freed, but he's probably the only one on the ship who can get rid of it once it's out of the box.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Well, so much for a risk-free assignment and a peaceful vacation off the surface.
    Root, you've done it again.:troll::salute:

^ Top  
  23. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    There is no peace amongst the stars

^ Top  
  24. Kayerts Arcane

Kayerts
    Good point. Yes, it does.

Also, the witch was able to briefly affect our mind, and the inquisitor used his psyker abilities on us, too. I don't think Shepard could be a blank.

There's also Ezekiel; I think that proximity to a pariah (that pariah, actually) was how the Lorekeeper dealt with the Lord of Change possessing him in root's other 40k LP.

Anyway, I'm in favor of calling for backup, but that takes about 30 seconds and won't keep Team Shepard from dying horribly. It seems like a thing to do in conjunction with our own plan to navigate the maze.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.