Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date

Generic-Giant-Spider

Homosexuals on the KOF subreddit pissed at KOF XV Angel trailer reaching 500k views in only two days.

Ridiculous. Men spend so much sexual attention on things that are impossible to fuck.

First Shermie, now this. I'm telling you people. Horniness will sell your video games.

I'm definitively not against sexy girls but it's undeniable that most of the girls in KOF XV are sexualized in a way or another and people like this, in fact Shermie's trailer was the first trailer to reach 1 million views and it's still the most viewed trailer.

I just hope SNK doesn't make the equation sex=sells because even DOA was once a "serious" fighting game, then it became a waifu fighter and now no one takes it seriously, i don't even see the demand for DOA7.

The thing about Mai, Shermie, Angel, and Elizabeth, is that they were created for different arcs. Each were the fanservice girl. And they were all great in isolation. But then you get all of them in the same game, which also proceeds to add Luong, Isla and Dolores. Guess what the three have in common. On top of this, you get a waifu-ization of characters that aren't supposed to be that. Leona and King, notably, have no damn business constantly gaining in bust size, and Kula's crotch focus redesign is a goddamn eyesore. Even Athena got an even shorter skirt and lines to highlight her boobs. Whip and Chizuru are the only holdovers.

HAHAHAHA. "Oh no, SNK is trying to steal my boyfriend from me. WHY IS LEONA GETTING HOTTER? STOP IT." HAHAHAHAHA. Death to homocels.

Look niggaz, there's a simple way how fighting game rosters and even by extension other games used to run and it's a time tested tradition: cool and badass guys, hot as fuck girls. That's what you want in your damn game, boy. SEX AND VIOLENCE 4 LIFE.

just

Liturgist
im too much of a fraud to play angel but i will put together team coomer and hopefully invest enough time so i can trigger reddit homos

Generic-Giant-Spider

If they didn't like Angel before, they better hope they changed her climax super:

Silentstorm

Learned
Wouldn't homos...just ask for more guys to show off their chest and stuff?

Anyways, i like Angel...as a character, never was much one for grapplers and she is harder to use than normal at that, give me Mai Shiranui for fanservice and actually being able to play instead, but yeah, Angel is great, i mean, she is a mexican wrestler cyborg that is cocky and does a slow elbow drop just to show off...what's not to like?

I have high hopes for DNF actually

Gran Blue could've been a great game if it had honest to goodness rollback. Everything I heard about it's mechanics led me to belive it was another SF4. SF4 was a great FG

A new FG in the scope of SF4 but with rollback would be a great game. Let's hope that's what DNF will offer. Otherwise meet me in KOF15

OR quite frankly meet me in KOF 2002 UM on steam

Let's go.

it's like $5 isn't it about time this thread just fucking fights together in a steam FG with rollback

c'mon bitches

Sunri

Liturgist
I have high hopes for DNF actually

Gran Blue could've been a great game if it had honest to goodness rollback. Everything I heard about it's mechanics led me to belive it was another SF4. SF4 was a great FG

A new FG in the scope of SF4 but with rollback would be a great game. Let's hope that's what DNF will offer. Otherwise meet me in KOF15

At this point I have no hope for any fg they release and 2 weeks later no one plays it at least guilty gear survived

7yTwitW.png

let's just pick a game. this thread. as a whole.

idc if it comes down to smash. i have no smash in stating i've got and unbeatable smash ultimate Link. go ahead, try to beat me.

or if we decide on a real FG (with rollback) *actually* beat me. no fightcade. lets do it

idc if it comes down to smash. i have no smash in stating i've got and unbeatable smash ultimate Link. go ahead, try to beat me.

or if we decide on a real FG (with rollback) *actually* beat me. no fightcade. lets do it

Why not?

Sunri

Liturgist
I started playing SFV yesterday damm this game is fun, I wish I didn't avoid it for so long due to bad rep

DpDGCKg.png

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
This is a bit different to most fighting games but it was amazing, especially for the time: (it was on PC, Amiga, SNES, maybe some others)

I had the PC version called Panza Kickboxing. I loved the unique control method, very clever and easy compared to combinations. Also you get to pick each move for your fighter from a decent selection.

Last edited:

Silverfish

Arbiter

Clay Fighter 63 1/3.

I started playing SFV yesterday damm this game is fun, I wish I didn't avoid it for so long due to bad rep

DpDGCKg.png

I'll admit adding Rose piqued my interest. But they made her hair extra coily and I think it looks stupid, she looks like an ARMS character now.

Knowing nothing about SF5's gameplay, the one thing that annoys me is it's excessive hair and clothing physics. A lot of the DLC costumes have elaborate hairstyles flipping all over the place, obscuring the clear hitboxes and hurtboxes of yesteryear. I love a good costume DLC and DOA3: Ultimate for the 360 was a high point in my FG playing for its huge unlockable (in-game) costume list alone, but when a lot of what I've seen in SF5 is overdesigned

Sunri

Liturgist

DpDGCKg.png

I'll admit adding Rose piqued my interest. But they made her hair extra coily and I think it looks stupid, she looks like an ARMS character now.

Knowing nothing about SF5's gameplay, the one thing that annoys me is it's excessive hair and clothing physics. A lot of the DLC costumes have elaborate hairstyles flipping all over the place, obscuring the clear hitboxes and hurtboxes of yesteryear. I love a good costume DLC and DOA3: Ultimate for the 360 was a high point in my FG playing for its huge unlockable (in-game) costume list alone, but when a lot of what I've seen in SF5 is overdesigned

Many Fg's have problem with costumes Tekken Soul Calibur I think its super tame in sf

maxresdefault.jpg
\]
ronald.jpg

hska6jtbxcq21.jpg

t7u1k9ne2cg71.jpg

Generic-Giant-Spider

Call me the FUN POLICE but being able to make your character look like a walking gay rave is one of the biggest turn-offs with Tekken.

Sunri

Liturgist
Call me the FUN POLICE but being able to make your character look like a walking gay rave is one of the biggest turn-offs with Tekken.

Yea they should add option to turn off all customization, so you just see those clowns as normal character but still there is a problem with items why you can throw pizza in ranking mode and shit lol

Silentstorm

Learned
The best is when those costumes are actually distracting or make things hard to see...which has led to actual costumes, including DLC, being banned which shouldn't happen.

I do not mind customization though, but yeah, just give an option for some people to just look at regular characters and others can get to see everything, oh well, it's mostly Soul Calibur and some Namco games that really give you that many options, most fighting games don't, unless KOX XV has been hiding a major thing in every trailer.

Generic-Giant-Spider

I had a nap and I dreamed that Darkstalkers 4 was announced with ArcSys quality animation. Then I woke up and realized none of it was real and tried to go back to sleep to bring it back but to no avail.

Will I ever see Morrigan's tits again, God?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom