Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date

Sunri

Liturgist
I had a nap and I dreamed that Darkstalkers 4 was announced with ArcSys quality animation. Then I woke up and realized none of it was real and tried to go back to sleep to bring it back but to no avail.

Will I ever see Morrigan's tits again, God?

Only in your dreams

Generic-Giant-Spider

Apparently BlazBlue Centralfiction got rollback or some shit. The only character that looks cool to me in that game is the weird mask worm thing.

Sunri

Liturgist
Apparently BlazBlue Centralfiction got rollback or some shit. The only character that looks cool to me in that game is the weird mask worm thing.

I don't think this game will live more than 2 weeks
maxresdefault.jpg

looks kinda bad

Silentstorm

Learned
One of many franchises Capcom forgot about, but hey, maybe it pulls off a Ghosts N Goblin's and gets a new game against all odds like that franchise did last year.

Speaking of Capcom and fighting games, while not the traditional 2D fighting game, i still want Power Stone 3, great memories of playing the first one with friends on a Dreamcast...the 2nd a bit less so thanks to cameras that were too zoomed out, but that one was still fun.

You'd think that in a world where Super Smash Bros is so popular, Capcom would revive their party fighting game but nope, i don't think the characters ever even came back for crossovers either, come on, Capcom, one guy is a pilot that literally turns into Iron Man, you'd think he would have gotten in one of the Marvel VS Capcom games before the relationship between the two companies went to hell and killed the franchise.

Silentstorm

Learned
Another fighting game announced, Phantom Breaker:Omnia with a trailer that has a very forced enthusiastic announcer:

It's so cheesy bad it steals attention from the actual game, as for it...seems ok-ish but it's very much a cute characters kind of game...and looking at it, they have announced it won't have Rollback, so no reason to pick this over KOF XV or DNF Duel when it comes to upcoming fighting games.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Just tell me which character is going to suck so I can skip ahead and just choose them like I tend to do in everything.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Is that DFO game this is based on any good or does it do that crazy Asian sweatshop bullshit?

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Is that DFO game this is based on any good or does it do that crazy Asian sweatshop bullshit?
Both, actually. It's been topping the charts for a decade and the gameplay is (was?) good, basically Anime Streets of Rage Online -which is a rarity by itself-

It's just the case that western journos underreport Eastern trends. The most played game in the world right now is some chinese MOBA or something like that.

Generic-Giant-Spider

For people that like to see ambitious ports done on inferior hardware, people have fixed Street Fighter Alpha 2's fucked loading times for SNES.

It's kinda tight. Video above has comparisons between the original game that was shipped vs. the fixed version on actual hardware.

I never cared much for Alpha 2 and thought A2 fans were real cringe with how they'd need to beat their chests like gorillas whenever somebody brought up Alpha 3. So fuck 'em.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Rollback shouldn't be a feature, it should be standard until someone finds a way to virtually replicate the arcade experience complete with bodychecking and knife stabs outside.

Generic-Giant-Spider

No pretzel motions? No original tiger knees? No 360s? 720s? HCB + F?

Whatchu' doiiiin, Cleon.

Sunri

Liturgist
No pretzel motions? No original tiger knees? No 360s? 720s? HCB + F?

Whatchu' doiiiin, Cleon.

I don't think thats bad thing at least for me I always pick characters with semi easy inputs Asuka in tekken Ram in ggs Tengu in Doa when i tried learn Demon Jimbo i couldn't play more than 2 hours because my hands hurted from doing electrics on pad

Latro

Arcane
probably late on this, but cvs2 is officially on fightcade now. really fun game, i'm always up for matches if anyone is interested.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom