Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
1h2s2wgjkm681.png
joAxDJc.png

There is old version.
BTW, the old version is from 2019, why are these numbers with exception of the first line the same?

SEGA shat the bed in an incredible way by not investing in rollback. All of their (good) efforts to port FS into the RGG engine are moot if the initial momentum they garnered (millions of downloads on PSN) was killed completely by people realizing that you can't play it online against people who live more than a town away.

The Japan-centric focus of the franchise has always been the greatest impediment to its growth, and all fans (myself included) have had to deal with it over the years. But there's no excuse for it anymore.

In this interview, Aoki (the producer on VF:US) lists cross-play as the most important feature on the developer's minds when considering a PC/Steam version. This is, again, incredibly misguided. Rollback should be the number 0 priority and it's not even close. A PC release featuring rollback, even without crossplay, could mean something. But of course it won't happen, and SEGA will continue giving bullshit excuses like (oh, rollback on a 3d game is too hard). A fat independent nerd managed to get rollback working on Flycast Dojo on Fightcade in their sparetime while wiping Doritos stains off his pants, VF3tb works perfectly.

As a fan of the game, and someone who wants it to do well, it's painful to see this level of corporate cluelessness, especially after the port turned out so well in other respects. It truly is.

Adon

Arcane
I’m not worried about it. I’m sure plenty of people will bombard them with messages and soon enough they’ll cave just like everyone else is. I see this as nothing but good news since despite hindering themselves with VF5:US, it still managed to “exceed expectations”.

So apparently Bandai Namco is making the new Killer Instinct for Microsoft. Or at least that's the rumor going around right now, and it seems like it might be true.

Wonder if that means Microsoft is going into the platform fighter game with KI, or if they just went to them for something that plays like what came before. Guess it could mean the new KI could be some 3D fighting game too.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
I'm playing a bit of KoF98 from the EU these days, and I'm decent at it. Does anyone wanna learn/practice with me?

Lotta jabber about KOF XV

Hope to finally face (lose) to you folk.

I'm not good at it but I enjoy KOF2002UM. Hopefully XV doesn't have anyone as annoying to fight as BAO

Jason Liang

Arcane
bfx8lt38g7l81.jpg

... HELP. I can't decide whether to post this in the Alicesoft thread or the KoF/ Fighting Games thread :/

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

we playing KOFXV or not bros?

steamID is golgi with a red birdknight avatar. let's go don't guilt me for playing vanessa she's my degenerate waifu

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's an alpha move for SNK to make the character that would have made them the most money from DLC into a free character.

Big dick drip where I'm from.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I wouldn't be surprised if Rugal was originally planned to be a miniboss in the game's initial release, but they pushed up the release date. The boss rush mode almost confirms it, since many factors indicate that XV was planned to always have some sort of boss rush.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom