Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Multiplay Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri (PBEM) - Game 1

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
0NlKsxB.png

Fascist Gendarmes and Spartan probe team swatted in one single strike!

As an added bonus, lack of police causes drones to riot, wrecking the base even more.

gP2bDEu.png

Eco-defilers purged as well! V3-rockets may cost more than crawlers, but it is for the greater good.

Only eco-certified Gaian "Garden Gatherers" can safely be allowed to harvest resources.:M

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Fungal missiles would be great fun. To be fair though, we are all lucky we aren't playing SMAX, the original with Kyrub's patch is so much better.

Also, mini-update:

QwpYQOh.jpg

:x:x:x

W75pK54.jpg

EphAUKq.jpg

iMPDWyw.png

0N2elWp.jpg

auzsuSN.jpg

2GK6RIt.jpg

:yeah:

9DxJS2Y.jpg

:lol::salute:

Last edited:
Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
tfuQLbD.jpg

Mission Year 2274

After years of conflict and bitter warfare, the grand vision of Lady Deirdre Skye to unite all of mankind under one single government had at long last been realised. In accordance with the long-standing tradition of proportional representation, the vast amount of votes of the booming Gaian population, as well as their allies among the Lord's Believers and the Peacekeeping Forces, were finally enough to enforce the creation of a new world order: A bright and beautiful Planetary Government, formed around the sacred principles of environmental caretaking, harmonious coexistence with nature and reverence of Mother Planet.

vQk6DQf.jpg

Faced with the technological superiority and constantly growing military might of the Gaian Army, Chairman Yang of the Human Hive, ever the pragmatist, quickly opted to sue for peace and submit before the will of the Planetary Council. CEO Morgan and his fellow shareholders, seeing no profitability in a suicidal vendetta against the overwhelming majority of humanity, soon followed suit as well, trading the greater sovereignty of their corporate state for their survival and the guarantee of prominent positions in the new hierarchy to come.

The Spartan Federation, completely consumed with hatred following the war crimes of the Gaians during the last seventy-five years of vendetta, staunchly refused to accept the decree, thus being the only faction to openly defy the Council. In response, a coalition was formed in which all five remaining factions agreed to stamp out the last hindrance to world peace together, united as one for the first time since Planetfall.

As the combined armies of Planet set their sights on Terra Sparta, Deirdre Skye and the Gaian Council no longer took notice of the losses suffered at the front lines. This time, the tide of progress would not be turned no matter how hard Santiago would fight to prolong the inevitable. Come M.Y. 2283, the Unity would be all-encompassing. There would be only one race, one goal and one people to move forward to our destiny. Love, peace and understanding — forever!

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
YUSSS

Druidfags win!! :dance:

happy little gaian with her best friend
url

pocahontas!
dance with fungus!

hurrah for catgirls!

no wait the last one is wrong i think

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:updatedmytxt:

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
No planetbusters fired? :decline:

None were even built. Aside from Yang, Miriam was the closest to getting one, being some 10 years away. Sparta had a good opportunity to build a nooka since they get free prototypes, but they lacked the minerals and were under semi-regular Gayan pressure. Lal was working on a planet bustah as well, but he switched production to the Supercollider.

There would be only one race, one goal and one people to move forward to our destiny.
"One vision, one purpose!", eh?
Based it off the Master's speech from Fallout, seemed appropriate given the übermensch angle. Oh, and M.Y. 2283 would be the 350th anniversary of Machtergreifung. :)

As for the game, I must say the Empath Guild is the best project by far, free infiltration is ridiculously powerful, and since it also gives +50% votes it helps to secure the planetary governorship, denying the only other source of free infiltration to other players. Once it was combined with the Hunter-Seeker Algorithm, I couldn't even be infiltrated anymore, so throughout most of the game I knew exactly what the others were building and researching while they had to guess what I was up to. It should probably be a priority to build probe teams (foil or rover) and send them out to explore and infiltrate other factions before anyone gets Pre-Sentient Algorithms. Infiltration status never goes away, and it really is a game-changer.

Also, Human Genome Project is often underestimated, but provides not only easier drone management but also an economic boost, since each base gets another worker that would otherwise have to be cured from leftard dronism. The Weather Paradigm is also extremely useful, half terraforming time is a godsend and early access to condensers ensures super-groovy expansion (would have built boreholes too, but the hippie LARP ruled it out).

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Oh yeah, we are also going for a rematch, so if anyone wants to join in (The Brazilian Slaughter JoKa Dayyālu Ulminati Azira + any bros I likely forgot) this would be the perfect time to stake a claim for a faction. Just keep in mind that we need to play at a fast pace. In this game our average speed was around 4 turns per night, and while we probably can't match it with more players, we still need people who can play daily.

In the new game, Hellraiser has called dibs on the Human Hive, Cassidy would like to go with the University of Planet and I am thinking of maybe trying the Lord's Believers. Still, if you want one of these as well, Hellraiser figured we could roll for it using the dice system. Personally I wouldn't mind giving up Miriam if anyone wants her, just looking for a break from playing the Gaians.

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
I'll grab Gaians. Been a few years since I've played so I may be a little rusty.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sorry, will bow out of the opportunity, though I appreciate the sentiment. Can't really live up to the schedule though, between work and children. :salute:

Will follow another LP with gusto though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If I thought I could live up to the schedule, I'd be in. But I'll probably slow the game down. (I'm fucking tempted to stake a claim for Morgan though). As it is, I usually have 2-3 nights of the week where I'm out of the house until late-ass in the evening.

I'll follow the thread religiously and brofist the fuck out of the players though, as per protocol.

Last edited:

Hellraiser

Arcane
LAST STAND

The Colonel stands in front of a holo-mesh field displaying an overview of military and administrative status of the Federation. Points hovering in the air above the mesh glow red, pulsating seemingly with hatred. The Command Bunker at Parade Ground is the last one remaining. Ironholm, Sparta Command, Bunker 118, all seized by the undisciplined masses of sheep following Fuhrerin Deidre, regardless if they flew Believing, Peacekeeping, Hive or even Morgan banners.

"Is it ready?" The Colonel asked, in a tone implying worry.

"Ready as it will ever be." Captain Jirou Himura answered. *Overdrive* Himura was by now the highest ranking member of the engineering corps alive. Even Major Strauss was dead, having fallen in the locust raid of Sparta Command a year earlier. Most of the Men, Women and Children of Sparta gave their lives in a hopeless struggle, knowing all to well that all they can do is delay the inevitable. But being forced into adhering to the queer Gaian way of life was a fate worse than death.

Himura's project consumed all the remaining resources of the free people of Sparta. It took the form of a crimson long shape, the Lance of Sparta as it was called. Atop it was a colony, pod unlike those that made Planetfall over 170 years earlier. Much more sophisticated though, the legacy of the Engineering Corps ensured as much. Also a lot smaller, carrying a mere 50 citizens, along with the genetic material of most living and dead Spartans. Enough to revive the Spartan people elsewhere, but no longer for the Colonel to lead them, as the Colonel's place was here, on Planet, in the last Spartan outpost, regardless of what her fate might be.

The Lance came to life with a thunderous roar, streams of superheated plasma frantically filled the silo. It made its way towards the heavens on wings powered by a heart of a star itself. Locust, helicopters and other hostile aircraft tried to intercept it, but the few remaining Zeus II interceptors and Pegasus SAM Gunships held them at bay. It pierced the clouds like a divine javelin, thrown by the greatest of mythic heroes of Ancient Greece.

Minutes later an artificial voice cried, "escape velocity reached". The Lance was now well beyond the low orbits of Gaian satellites, safe and beyond the reach of all weapons known on planet. But the mood remained somber in the Bunker, Case Green protocol called for one last action.

"Captain Himura, execute order Omega-8."

The Captain used his neural link to send the command while also releasing the analogue manual safety. A loud hissing noise filled the room as it did in every home, children creche, network node, shooting range, holo theatre, recycling tank, pressure dome, command center and every street in every base that ever flew the Spartan banner. The invisible clouds of Medusa-6 were everywhere, corroding standard military-issue breathing masks, making their way towards mucous membranes and denaturating living tissue. If Medusa wasn't enough the other part of the lethal combination, the silent kiss of death known as Orion-3, would finish the job.

Mindworms and "peace warriors" alike, former Hive Guard and Morgan CorpSec as well as the few who still fought against the Gaian menace in the streets, all fell victim to Case Green.

The Colonel's lifeless body lied on the floor on top of a plasma steel plaque reading:

CELEBRATE YOUR VICTORY CONQUERORS, BEFORE YOU REALIZE THAT WHAT YOU BROUGHT WAS NOT VICTORY BUT DEFEAT FOR ALL OF HUMANITY.

JoKa

Cipher
I'd love to play but am a bit unsure if I could keep up with the speed. It really depends on the time zones you're mainly active, I think. I'm at GMT+1, and could be active in the morning and late evening.
I would play the Spartans, I'd prefer the Gaians, but will get crushed anyway, as I'm not on as good a level of play compared to what was shown here. Will try my best to fuck everyone else up though.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Awesome, welcome aboard bros! We used to play the turns in the evenings, around 18:00-00:00 Central European Time (and sometimes send off a turn in the morning) so it should work perfectly. Of course, we won't be able to keep the same speed with twice as many players, but I think we should at least manage one or two per day.

I have already set up the game and started a new turn-tracking conversation, so we are ready to go!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom