Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's play - Afterfall: InAnity

dextermorgan

Arcane
In all honesty, it doesn't look like it's worth the time. Thank you for your sacrifice of LPing it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
lUFW9h.jpg

xZnich.jpg

ENERGY LEGS

DjHs4.jpg
Easy does it. I gotta be careful

Huh?

4une3h.jpg

Cannibals inc.

axxozh.jpg

Let's take a stroll down this lovely alley, Albert

jAJEzh.jpg

Or wait, maybe not. Someone is throwing explobarrels down from a roof.

DjHs4.jpg
Shit! I have to do something about this asshole

ffyAnh.jpg

We take a detour through the booze villa

umBBeh.jpg

AngelOfRetributionCover640.JPG

rqY7Nh.jpg

A random cannibal kicks down a door and receives three bullets to the face

1SasRh.jpg

Move that gear up

HFk9Vh.jpg

Another dude comes for a lead feast

9zN61h.jpg

Here's Johnny.

g1yENh.jpg

This just enables a shortcut out 'cause there were some electrical instakill cables lying around the ground floor, so we don't have to take the ladder.

FNwrIh.jpg

And here's the fucker with the explobarrels. He also has an smg. And a fuckton of explobarrels next to him.

rbfxQh.jpg

I guess... his plan backfired :yeah:

gfCUXh.jpg

The alley is now safe to pass through

K5NWGh.jpg

more faggots on the way

oqhd6h.jpg

dum de dum

VHBX4h.jpg

Osnap

Albert quickly eliminates the junkies

Also, I like how in this place

Y2m8Vh.jpg

This playground is right next to

tK5pch.jpg

This :thumbsup:

of1Azh.jpg

Curses! This door is locked!

7S6fCh.jpg

But some kind of cranelevator catches Albert's attention.

GrPSnh.jpg

The dude inside is taken out

qvLXuh.jpg

And Tokaj activates the lolevator

9YUFUh.jpg

WE'VE GOT HOSTILES

uQWuWh.jpg

But two chimeras break through the walls and attack the incoming cannibals. The manfools are confused and don't know whether to attack Albert or the mutants

yrfw9h.jpg

And by the time they shake off the surprise, Albert is on the other side.

7Sf0vh.jpg

Great, more chimeras

OwDvFh.jpg

Those fuckers are actually quite dangerous when you have to reload every two damn shots.

7VCw3h.jpg

Cool.

uFggBh.jpg

Dumdedum

eqrbih.jpg

WHEN SUDDENLY

b4BnNh.jpg

The 'building' on the left cracks in half and drops on Albert's head.

m32r8h.jpg

*dramatic shot*

JZawKh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
It's all one big set! Everything's fake! But why...? What for?

S0QtZh.jpg

Another area, another fight

ZmnARh.jpg

Sum more ladders

JNLW8h.jpg

Let's see if shoopin' this winch does anything

r9PAeh.jpg

Indeed it does! It makes everything collapse, but at least Al can now get over the fence.

fGj18h.jpg

And shoop some madmen because that's what he does best

eufxjh.jpg

HTupvh.jpg

Moar like glass houses, amirite : x

ZhMYIh.jpg

Dum de dum

rt5lyh.jpg

OSNAP

xVivWh.jpg

Let's see what's over here

p8cI9h.jpg

A supahmarket. Time to do sum shoppin' ^__________^

dB9c6h.jpg

But first we need to clear a way through by pushing some shelves

B9FVqh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
who created them or what for... But the city IS inhabited, so maybe present dwellers erected these structures. Out of the longing for the lost past, they tried to recreate buildings, places they remembered from before the war. To re-live memories and feel like home one more time. They're aggressive and display strong territorial instincts accompanied by xenophobia and hatred towards the people of the Shelter. They think that we had it easier... I don't know. Life here seems like a constant fight for survival among the ruins of what once was home... Guess this is how civilization looks like after a head-on collision with a nuclear warhead. Maybe the Shelter wasn't that bad after all?

Yup. It definitely wasn't. Especially with all those mutants and nazi guards, all after your arse.

GFUNUh.jpg

Others had to die

2ivEdh.jpg

:yeah:

Dy6s9h.jpg

4E0Jyh.jpg

Let's press on. Time to pop some moles with the revolver. But I guess I'll be conserving ammo for now.

1hrpvh.jpg

Sup

Q5fI1h.jpg

A0mC9h.jpg

Clean up on aisle 1!

O9HENh.jpg

After selling the cannibals some bullets, Albert leaves the mall.

Damn right, Tokaj. A van! Maybe it's working! Who cares that you already passed a METRIC FUCKTON of various other cars and it never occured to you that some of THOSE might be working, right? Right?

sigh...

XFLIfh.jpg

BLAM!

EESylh.jpg

Let's see...

Kalooh.jpg

Tokaj has some problems with opening the door, but he finally gets in and the screen goes black

P3zKYh.jpg

40g5Mh.jpg

Gs2VLh.jpg

Uh-huh. I wonder whether someone also left the keys inside, or Tokaj used his natural talent for hacking pre-war vehicles to start it.

Not to mention the driving part. I'm sure he had many occasions to drive a van in the shelter when he was doing house calls... oh wait

jJLOhh.jpg

This car could use some bitchin' tunes

Jbb9ih.jpg

C7UmQh.jpg

There's a large cave-in other there

5900Mh.jpg

dtHtOh.jpg

uh...

BfktPh.jpg

The van falls straight into the cave-in :thumbsup:

32vbNh.jpg

ug8QKh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
I ain't drinking and driving ever again

DfSL3h.jpg

Now what is this place?

DdV7jh.jpg

Looks p. cool in any case

XWy3Fh.jpg

And comrade PDA says it's the (or right next to) the AiD building where we are supposed to rendezvous with Karolina.

Also, remember when I said I'll be conserving ammo for the revolver?

Well,

I LOST ALL MY GUNS AGAIN :rage:

rfgp3h.jpg

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
It is so annoying that you lose all your stuff whenever a new chapter begins. Especially since stuff that fits in slot #3 seem to only appear in the first two chapters.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
There's only one item for slot #3 and it's shit anyway (the telescopic baton), so who cares.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
32vbNh.jpg

man, this potato vodka is good stuff; i just wish i wasn't so dizzy and i could get up to piss... oh well, i smell bad anyway, nobody cares - ahhhh...

Johannes

Arcane
Just read this start to finish, good work. Seems like a shitty game to play yourself but the psychedelic plot twists keep me entertained, whether I actually understand what's going on or not.

It has quite a :hero: feel to it

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Right, short update todeh, but I think it's p. cool. Generally, the part we are starting now is, I think, the best part of the game, and will go on to the end.

mw1Pah.jpg

O1EyNh.jpg

Albert shall try to brave his way through the AiD building

k9YRJh.jpg

Huh. Now THAT'S a familiar-looking door.

sRrvah.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
Hope it still works

2nLbEh.jpg

morfoh.jpg

The elevator starts.

P cool music is played in this whole building, but I couldn't find it anywhere on utub. If you want, you can check it hier (also, what the fuck, it's like all uploading sites now require accounts :x)

VPLnYh.jpg

Yup, this elevator sure takes a long time to reach the top

gPV60h.jpg

But it finally does so. Another familiar door. And another familiar thing is that its operating console short circuits, so we have to use two valves on the sides to get it open.

NThA3h.jpg

The door opens, revealing another door. Durp.

Another door that is also familiar in a way...

S7G4Ih.jpg

Last time Albert had to hack anything was all the way back in Glory.

Mlpb1h.jpg

Intriguing.

BzdHth.jpg

Big Brother is watching you?

0pXLrh.jpg

'Completion of the 'City of Shadows' project - 1960-2000
An extended plan financed from the state treasury'

Wat

loo9lh.jpg

'Outline of the division of the zone into sectors'

'Ordered by the chief staff of the REPUBLIC, for the glory of her and her armed forces'

LKKffh.jpg

Pw7KDh.jpg

Some screens, showing places that Albert has visited

64aqmh.jpg

I wonder what this button does

p9DM9h.jpg

The shutters start raising

JlwONh.jpg

Well, that's a nice panorama

Let's push another button!

BNvGsh.jpg

8k3Auh.jpg

bKPC6h.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
It's a cave. A cave...

zIXxDh.jpg

This was actually a jaw-dropping moment for me in the game, if I have to be honest. In all that sea of inanity, this was simply great. Completely didn't expect an outcome like this, but when you see it, suddenly a lot of stuff starts making sense.

DjHs4.jpg
A life-sized fucking model!

TOl6zh.jpg

Gk73Lh.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
... for... Oh, fuck.

Guess Albert was left speechless.

94l00h.jpg

A note from Karolina. Stupid bitch can't settle down for a few hours and wait :x

Sigh. There's nothing left to do here, unfortunately. Tokaj seeks the exit

WF8rfh.jpg

f4568h.jpg

DjHs4.jpg
Would be low even if we stayed together. Goddamit, Karolina, you brought it on yourself. Lies, everyone is lying, everything is a lie. I'm looking straight at the greatest of them all. A fake city... But life in it was real. Death was real. What for? A simulation of post-apocalyptic urban environment? Maybe this is where soldiers were training, preparing for the return to the surface once the Colonel decided it's time. Why didn't we know about this project? Why... Questions and lies. I'm so tired.

The 'training' thing seems to be it, since the area right outside Glory was called 'the proving grounds' in the Colonel's computor.

3kzTrh.jpg

Albert goes to the end of the corridor, the screen goes black and invokes a loading screen.

9hLu3h.jpg

Let's see what this wacky place can further surprise us with...

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
At this point in LP the reveal was kind of expected. I do see how it might have been surprising while playing.

Anyway, :salute: to Darth and awaiting further updates.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
So did the apocalypse even happen!?

Also Karolina has some impressive survival skills, way she keeps running around everywhere.

Johannes

Arcane
So, the whole thing is just practice area in preparation for the real apocalypse? Or maybe it's all just a second dream sequence.:M

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Thank you, Mario Albert! But our princess Karolina is in another castle!

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ZL4ylh.jpg

4sl0lh.jpg

Last time we left dr Tokaj, he's just discovered that the devastated city he was traversing was nothing more but Albert Show.

CcvCXh.jpg

Ah, a sawn-off. The most important part of any self-respecting electrician's toolbox

M8G23h.jpg

Also, for some reason, Albert has a heavy pistol with him. The same we last time used way back in the Shelter. Wut.

s3OgMh.jpg

That hasn't stopped you for the last few days, now has it?

NdEPah.jpg

Albert hears music ahead.

Tpg8Uh.jpg

Meh, just a gramophone.

But... who turned it on? It can't have kept playing since the war, y'know. Unless it's SUPAH DURABLE

QxLEEh.jpg

Ah, close quarters and a fire axe. How I missed thee, old friend.

EjeM1h.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK HUSSARS

0CCk8h.jpg

This shit is quite possibly the last thing I expected to find here (well, actually no, because this part was featured in the demo, but you get my drift)

jdHK1h.jpg

Seriously, what? Were they some of the forces sent out to find Fist? But the archives said nobody was sent there yet.

Maybe these hussars were actually a scouting party from the Fist to find Glory? But that doesn't explain the mutashunz. So many questions, so little answers. I also like how Albert doesn't question their presence here, for fuck's sake.

Or, if you ask me, the reason they are here is because the whole Albert Show city was added last, and this stage was supposed to happen right after leaving Glory, but they've run out of time to 'fix' it :M This would explain the heavy pistol and hussars, right? :M

TkYO9h.jpg

Still, that's nothing but speculation. Let us press on

27sflh.jpg

Can't see shit, cap'n

4OysDh.jpg

Still can't see shit

pWyxZh.jpg

Oh hello there

C9tWfh.jpg

4dClPh.jpg

Let's see what we can break here.

5H9Toh.jpg

Excellent thinking, dr Tokaj!

XSOYth.jpg

Albert finds a generator and places the battery inside

JLXe8h.jpg

Hai cutscene ^_^

The generator has activated some floodlights across the place

dXbJAh.jpg

And lured in hussars. Oh snap

EMSITh.jpg

Kq80Yh.jpg

Camera switches to first person, with some jerky head-bobbing

3TtjHh.jpg

Which was supposed to emulate the hussar that just jumped over that fence, I guess

EaInPh.jpg

Dayum, another generator. But we're out of batteries :(

d4t6Zh.jpg

I wonder what this button does

k4W57h.jpg

N5Hkmh.jpg

Well, it dropped a container, alright

7DWiXh.jpg

Another similar button

33oXnh.jpg

zmKjHh.jpg

Hohoho

bJjHVh.jpg

One ugly mofo

bdOGmh.jpg

SPLAT!

Not only did that container splat the hussars, it also crushed sum fences, clearing the way.

a4P5ah.jpg

Another battery. Convenient!

1GHFgh.jpg

Placing inside generator

lRYTrh.jpg

And it opened some gate-thingy

3qpIvh.jpg

zdaiSh.jpg

Huh

BIC7Bh.jpg

Turnin' a valve

o6YCCh.jpg

Well, damn, Albert, I don't know. I'm not an elevator expert

i1wOsh.jpg

Funny piece of trivia: Doesn't matter which one you shoot. Even if you shoot all three down, the elevator still starts

dvEVeh.jpg

And start it did

jqnjTh.jpg

And it starts moving at supah high speed

b4yjmh.jpg

HIGH SPEED DIRT

yyAb6h.jpg

HkPYoh.jpg

cIWXih.jpg

sXIy9h.jpg

'All limbs in order? Looks like it. Guess I'm a man of steel after all'

wfbJwh.jpg

How many times do you think Albert's already said 'never again' in this LP?

bYXk6h.jpg

Well damn, it looks like there's some mighty fine stuff out here

71eDTh.jpg

*dramatic drumroll*

Actually, the music in this whole stage is very good. You can grab it Hier

AKUZLh.jpg

8iyMUh.jpg

The whole chapter is called 'City of Light'. Geddit? The Albert Show city was to be called 'City of Shadows'

eFIjmh.jpg

Still

Iavokh.jpg

Devastated Potato looks p cool, I guess

0tmPUh.jpg

But then again, it looks very much lke present-day Bytom :troll:

zhtrbh.jpg

XLu9Rh.jpg

WHEN SUDDENLY

HuTE8h.jpg

HAVE YOU COME SEEKING THE LIGHT?

CFkqAh.jpg

L1lE0h.jpg

Yup. Throughout his whole stay on the surface, Albert will have to walk among the shadows, the vampire that he is. Standing in sunlit areas actually kills you after like 3 seconds.

Guess the hussars who were down there might have mutated from the radiation on the surface, or something? Shrug.

XhvIzh.jpg

Und hallo thar

VmMurh.jpg

What the fuck

BK8Nxh.jpg

What is THAT THING

K6OCeh.jpg

Well, a full auto burst chases it away, whatever it was...

9kCWIh.jpg

Yet you don't even COMMENT about the fact that you've just seen a spectre that tried to KILL YOU, right, mr psychiatrist commando?

This is also another reason why avoiding the sunlight is necessary. Each time you go out into it, you spawn a spectre

1RJV2h.jpg

A last look through the 'window' before we move on.

1EfeIh.jpg

Albert clears the way by pushing sum shelves

Nzz8Sh.jpg

Wat

79xByh.jpg

The guy turns around, looks at Albert, and throws himself out of the wreckage

p9tR0h.jpg

o4gLhh.jpg

But as Tokaj goes to the other side to check up on him, the plane stirs

AFv8zh.jpg

Oops

cKkzZh.jpg

ihZsnh.jpg

fFlqVh.jpg

Fq0rth.jpg

NPwE8h.jpg

Is this the end of poor dr Tokaj?

b8iMZh.jpg

kTaZ6h.jpg

The streets are covered by figures of ash, much like those in Pompeii

AA40lh.jpg

oeTUPh.jpg

ORLY NOW

am5wyh.jpg

I don't want to say anything, Al, but Tomaszewski has no grave

TBxTNh.jpg

Dramatic pose

What horrors can we find in this wasteland?

lightbane

Arcane
ZL4ylh.jpg0

Sounds like the average Imperial technology in Wh40k. That's it: The entire planet is actually a training zone for future Inquisitor agents, our psychiatrist is actually a brainwashed acolyte, that would explain everything...

CcvCXh.jpg0

More proof for my theory. Or the electrician once worked at Kirkwall.

Yup. Throughout his whole stay on the surface, Albert will have to walk among the shadows, the vampire that he is. Standing in sunlit areas actually kills you after like 3 seconds.

That's actually a cool way to use BLOOM, even if it's a bit shoehorned.

9kCWIh.jpg

And here's a random spirit directly spawned from the Warp. Or Andrejz has finally gone full retard.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sounds like the average Imperial technology in Wh40k. That's it: The entire planet is actually a training zone for future Inquisitor agents, our psychiatrist is actually a brainwashed acolyte, that would explain everything...

That... WOULD actually explain everything :(

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Andrzej didn't utter a single litany to the Emperor during this whole LP, therefore it is impossible for this to be set in wh40k :obviously:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Maybe Tokaj is simply from a world where they say 'god' instead of emperor. Emprah worship is hardly uniform, even amongst the core worlds ;)

lightbane

Arcane
Well, He is the God-Emperor of Mankind, so...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom