Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Albion! (PART 12A - I WANT TO BE A DUNGEON!)

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
does anyone know how to mass-resize screenshots? Dosbox capture gave pics in 320x200, and that's too small. There are 100 screens for the next update, and I don't feel like resizing everyone manually.

spekkio

Arcane
I'm sure AcdSee has this option (that's the program I use), same with IrfanView and Xnview.

hoverdog

Developer
DA-RA-RA-RAM, UPDATE!

CHAPTER THREE, OR A CUNNING PLAN!

The last time, we finished just after getting out of dread SUPPLY CELLAR.

First things first. We sell our loot.
main_000.jpg

Now for a bit of sightseeing.
The blacksmith:
main_001.jpg

main_002.jpg

However, apart from bows, nothing a human can use.

main_003.jpg

Trainer. We use our training points and teach Tom melee fighting and Rainer shooting.

main_004.jpg

The Dji-Fadh guild, or the Formers. They create all the plant-buildings. Let's go inside.

main_005.jpg

We agree of course.

tomm.jpg
Yes, we would like to have a little tour, Aliis!

aliis.jpg
Well then, please follow me. The east wing, where we are now, was built solely for presenting the achievements of the Dji-Fadh.

aliis.jpg
Large families are very fond of these sofas. They also are made of living plant tissue.
The surface is soft and elastic. If it is damaged it simply grows closed again.

main_006.jpg

main_007.jpg

aliis.jpg
If you like, take a look at the house's fountain, a cherished object in larger clean houses. It is found in the south part of the house. I will leave you alone now to explore our guild house.

tomm.jpg
Thank you very much for guiding us, Aliis. Surely you understand that we cannot buy any of the works of your guild.

We loot some chests.
main_008.jpg

main_009.jpg

And find the guildmaster.

main_010.jpg

tomm.jpg
A very impressive building. We are fascinated by your guild's art.

akiir.jpg
Your answer honors your sense of form. Personally, I believe buildings are the most important things a culture can produce, and creating them is the noblest art of all.

We ask him about his guild.

akiir.jpg
We see what we do here as a mixture of magic, art, and craft. We are one of the oldest guild in Jirinaar and, as you surely know, we are able to create, change, and permanently modify plants into a desired form through magic. This means we can produce complete houses out of living plant material which are not only beautiful, but also perform all the functions necessary for the well-being of its residents.

And about the second magic guild.

akiir.jpg
Oh, the seed throwers! I'm sure you've noticed that most of us do not have very friendly feelings toward the Dji-Kas. They often entice our greatest talents away with promises. Their craft lacks direction, dedication, and, apart from their healers, they are of no use to our society.

I gather they don't like each other very much.
So now let's go the Dji-Kas, magicians.

main_013.jpg

main_014.jpg

Their guildmaster.

main_015.jpg

tomm.jpg
I'd be glad to try, Fasiir.

fasiir.jpg
I thank you for your willingness to satisfy my curiosity.

Tom begins to speak.
tomm.jpg
We call it technology. There are advanced machines which enable us to travel through the air and from world to world. They are based primarly on simple principles, however...

It is a long explanation, often interrupted by Fasiir's surprisingly discerning questions. Then he says:

fasiir.jpg
That is astonishing. If I understand correctly, your machines draw energy from matter, without having to resort to spiritual or magical means!

Rainer interjects.
rainer2.jpg
Excuse me, Fasiir. I have heard you and other Iskai talk about magic, and it doesn't seem to fit in with otherwise open nature of your people. We have relegated magic to the realm of superstition hundreds of years ago and...

fasiir.jpg
Now I understand! So, you believe magic to be a superstitious belief which we use to understand the laws of the world! Believe me, that is not correct! You must come from a strange world, one that only knows about energy from matter. Let me demostrate something to you! Please follow me into our experiment room!

main_016.jpg

main_017.jpg

main_018.jpg

WHAT...
main_019.jpg

...THE FUCK?
main_020.jpg

tomm.jpg
That is really something! These guys are no fakes, that's for sure. That was beyond any growth accelerators!

rainer2.jpg
A kingdom for a couple of measuring instruments! They cannot poke fun at the laws of physics!

fasiir.jpg
I see, admittedly with satisfaction, that I was ableto eliminate your doubts. I hope you now think a little bit differently of our talents.
It was an honor for me to speak to you, Tom.Look around our place some more if you'd like, but for now I must return to my work.

tomm.jpg
In any case, thank you very much for the impressive demonstration of your abilities, Fasiir.

we also ask him about his guild...

fasiir.jpg
Our magic is deeply rooted in this world. For example, we use a specific type of seed, concentrated with our spiritual forces, to cast spells. We are proud of our diverse art. We know magic that can create and destroy, injure and heal.

...and their competitors.

fasiir.jpg
Oh, the builders. The relationship between our guilds is troubled sometimes. Many of their talented members feel attracted to our art, and transfer to our guild. I must also confess that I don't get along well with Akiir, the Stri of the Formers. There are old rivalries between us.

Again, we can feel some bad blood between them.
Let's go.

main_021.jpg

A healer. She can also give us a free potion from time to time.

main_022.jpg

Tavern "House of the winds". Unlike taverns is most RPGs, this one is mostly empty and boring. No fed-ex subquests.

main_023.jpg

Food shop. Rations are one of the things we don't lack.

After some time...

tomm.jpg
Oh, it's time. We should go to the festival the Sebainah invited us to.

We reach the council chambers. Everyone's waiting.

janis.jpg
Dsarii-ma, Tom and Rainer, welcome to our meeting. May I introduce you to Akiir: he is the head of the guild of the Formers, or the Dji-Fadh, as we say.

akiir.jpg
Dsarii-ma.

janis.jpg
And this is council member...

When suddenly...
main_025.jpg

The Sebainah is interrupted suddenly when a masked figure storms intro the room. Shocked, Tom and Rainer recognize that it is a human being!

main_026.jpg

Before anyone can react, the human shoots a small arrow. Akiir collapses!

main_027.jpg

THE FUCK IS GOING ON AROUND HERE? DID I MISS SOMETHING? LIKE, FOR EXAMPLE, BLOODTHIRSTY HUMANS?

janis.jpg
Stiriik! Seize the human!

janis.jpg
Akiir is dead. May he live with the Goddess.

stiriik.jpg
The murderer fled through a window, Sebainah! We will search the city!

janis.jpg
We must act swiftly. Send for Drirr, the Stiriik for Human Affairs!
Honored council members, Briid, my nephew: please go now. I am sorry that the ceremony has had such a tragic outcome.
Tom and Rainer, I must speak with you.

main_029.jpg

tomm.jpg
Janiis, no one ever told us that there are native HUMANS on this planet! We are just trying to get over the shock!

janis.jpg
You didn't know that? But I thought... You must have misunderstood our first conversation. You would have gotten to know your fellow humans on the island that we were going to take you to.

tomm.jpg
You speak as if your offer can no longer be kept after what has happened.

main_030.jpg

tomm.jpg
But we are still strangers on this world. How can we possibly find those guilty of this crime?

janis.jpg
I have already had a capable Stiriik sent for. He will help you with your task.

tomm.jpg
It looks as if we have no other choice, right?

janis.jpg
Unfortunately, no. I cannot overrule the laws. I can only wish you good luck in the hunt for the fugitive murderer and whoever gave him his orders.

tomm.jpg
You're sure this was ordered by someone?

janis.jpg
Without a doubt.The murderer belongs to a human race who are famous for their assassinations. These people seldom kills for their own interests. You should talk with Frill, I've heard he's in the palace again. Surely, he is on his way here.

main_031.jpg

Look who's here.

janis.jpg
Ah, here comes Drirr, the Stiriik who will accompany you.

main_032.jpg

janis.jpg
Dsarii-ma, Drirr. Have you been informed of Akirr's murder?

drirr.jpg
Yes. What a shock!

What can WE say about that!

janis.jpg
Indeed! Drirr, I'm sure you've heard of Tom and Rainer, our visitors. They are strangers here and they need your help to solve this crime.

drirr.jpg
I will stand beside them with everything I have, Sebainah.
Tom and Rainer, I am sorry we have to meet under such circumstances.

tomm.jpg
Dsarii-ma, Drirr. We are a little overcome by what has happened.

drirr.jpg
I believe what you're saying. We should probably talk with Sebai-Giz Frill first. He can certainly tell us something about the murderer's human tribe. Let's go to his room. I am sure he knows about all this.

Anyway, we get a new party member!

main_033.jpg

It seems I missed a screenshot here, but it's nothing important.

drirr.jpg
I am trying to help them in any way I can, Sebai-Giz Frill!

main_035.jpg

We can ask him some questions. Shitload of text commencing!

tomm.jpg
From your title, I take it that you have gone through the Sebai ritual 20 times. Therefore, are you actually over 600 years old?

frill.jpg
That is true. My interest in this world and its history keeps me from getting weary of life, as so often happens with Sebai. And it is my knowledge which keeps causing the council to make ma a candidate.

Talk about OLD.

tomm.jpg
What is the history between humans and Iskai on this world?

main_036.jpg

tomm.jpg
Do you have any idea who could have ordered Akiir's murder?

frill.jpg
A difficult question. A similar event happened more than 240 years ago. It involved a powerful Iskai merchant that became involved with human affairs. Akiir had no relations with human beings. Therefore, only an Iskai could have given the orders. But why anyone could have had a reason for such horrible behavior is a complete riddle to me.

We ask him about humans here:

frill.jpg
As far as I know, not all human beings live accordingly to the customs of their forefathers, the way those on the island closest to us do.
Then there the Kenget Kamulos, famous warriors, who are often hired as assassins. One of their members is responsible for carrying out Akiir's murder. Apart from them, I know of the Umajo and Beloveno's inhabitants.

And now about the different tribes, as the info will come handy later on. The Kengets:

frill.jpg
Kenget Kamulos can be loosely translated as "The Footsoldiers of Kamulos", Kamulos being their supreme deity. As far as I know, they are divided into two group: the warriors and the mages, who are supposedly very powerful when it comes to battle and destruction. Exactly where they are found is one of their secrets. Apparently, they are convinced that they are the only ones who maintain their forefather's true warrior ideals.

The city of Beloveno:

frill.jpg
Beloveno is a harbor city in the south of the great continent far northeast of here. We call this land Trenkiriidan, and the humans call it Maini. Both humans and Iskai live there. Beloveno itself is inhabited mostly by humans, but also some Iskai. If I remember correctly, Drirr's mother is from Beloveno. He can certainly tell you something about the city.

Umajo:

frill.jpg
In the dry land far to the east live some humans devoted to producing valuable metals. They know rituals for placating the Goddess, who is offended by this digging for metals. They produce weapons, many different crafted implements, and jewelry, and export these all over the world. We also get many metals from them.

rainer2.jpg
Frill, are you sure that digging for raw materials raises the Goddess' wrath?

frill.jpg
You know our language well enough that I can hear the doubt in your voice, Rainiir. This is not a question of belief, my friend. We have tried many times to get valuable metals from the earth. It has always caused catastrophes, earthquakes, or appearances of horrible beings. These are not rumors, but things I have actually experienced. No, be assured that I can tell superstition from reality very well.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? And I'm thinking about Toronto, of course.

rainer2.jpg
Strange, Driscoll, that someone who is as educated as Frill, would cling to such convictions.

tomm.jpg
Hmmm, I agree. He inspires confidence, but somehow I get the impression the old boy knows even more than he tells us. However, we better start talking Iskai again.

We say goodbye. Before leaving, let's see our new addition, Drirr:
main_037.jpg

He's one tough motherfucker. He's maybe not the strongest, but all iskai have additional weapon slot (tail), which means he'll be doing lots of damage. His HP are also nice, but he can't be as heavily armored as humans.
Let's go back to bussiness. When we exit Frill's chamber...

main_038.jpg

drirr.jpg
Hopefully, the Stiriik of the City Watch will spot the murderer soon.
Perhaps we should also search the city streets.

drirr.jpg
A trail! Let's immediately go to the Dji-Kas!

They all hurry to the guild house of the Dji-Kas.
The murderer can't be found on the street and so they enter the house...

main_039.jpg

drirr.jpg
Have you heard about the death of your father, Sira?

sira.jpg
Yes, I... never even got the chance to speak to him again. Oh, Goddess, it is...
Do you know who's behind the murder?

drirr.jpg
I grieve with you, Sira. No, we still have no clue. However, they say that the fugitive murder has been seen near this building.

Fasiir, the Head of the Dji-Kas, enters.

fasiir.jpg
Dsarii-ma. I have heard about Akiir's murder. What brings you to us?

drirr.jpg
The murderer was seen near your guild. May we look around a little?

fasiir.jpg
Of course. I have nothing to hide.
Come!

main_041.jpg

We search the facility.

main_042.jpg

And encounter the human speaking with an Iskai!

main_043.jpg

main_044.jpg

(I'm very proud of this shot)

All need some time before they can see anything after the blinding light.

drirr.jpg
I believe that the murderer has disappeared to the south! After him! Stiriik, take this accomplice!

We chase the murderer, but to no avail!
main_045.jpg

Hate those windows.
We go back to the Iskai traitor.

main_046.jpg

drirr.jpg
Well, who are you and why have you helped the murderer escape?

fasiir.jpg
His name is Kriis, he is, WAS, a member of our guild.
Kriis, you miserable skorrek, why did you let the murderer come into our building?

main_047.jpg

wut

fasiir.jpg
WHAT?
Are you out of your mind? drirr, don't believe a word of it! I had nothing to do with this thing!

drirr.jpg
I know the reason for the hostility between you, Fasiir, and Akiir very well. You have a motive for the murder!

fasiir.jpg
After all these years, would I choose this time to...

drirr.jpg
Stiriik, please take Kriis and Fasiir into custody until we have caught the murderer and have found out the truth!

sira.jpg
Drirr, I would like to leave. I cannot stay here any longer. I have to be alone and think everything over.

drirr.jpg
We almost had the murderer! In any case, he's no longer in this house. Perhaps we can still catch him somewhere in the city.

tomm.jpg
Good, Drirr, we'll go. Only one more thing:
What is the story between Fassir and the murdered Akiir?

drirr.jpg
Well, to make a long story short, Akiir was once married to Fasiir's sister. On a hunting trip with Akiir, Fasiir's sister lost her life. Fasiir blamed Akiir for the death of his sister since Akiir insisted on the trip in spite of bad weather. That is the reason for their lasting enmity.
Now, let us search the city.

THE PLOT THICKENS! We now exit the guildhouse.

main_048.jpg

drirr.jpg
The old Former building, or the old Argim as some say, lies to the northeast of the city, I believe.
I have never been there.
Let's go there immediately... Perhaps we can catch the guy there!

Time for our first REAL dungeon! But before, some backstory on the building (we can talk with party members just like with NPCs):

main_049.jpg

Coool.

But before chasing the culprit, we head to Giria's store and buy a blue music crystal.
main_060.jpg

We now leave the city.

We ask a farmer about the Former building:
main_059.jpg

and we go as he told us:
main_051.jpg

main_052.jpg

main_053.jpg

A krondir! With Drirr, he won't be such a problem.

main_054.jpg

Level up!

We enter.
main_055.jpg

it's dark in here.
main_056.jpg

some light-mushrooms to save us.

main_057.jpg

main_058.jpg

Sweeeet.

main_061.jpg

DUM DUM DUM DUM!

We fight some critters, find some stuff...
main_064.jpg

main_066.jpg

main_063.jpg

main_065.jpg

Tentacle raep!

main_068.jpg

The automap is priceless in such grim darkness. Notice the skull - it means a trap!

This is it, not very scary:
main_069.jpg

rainer2.jpg
An interesting creature. Notice the strong luminosity of the grasping arms. It is hard to say whether we are looking at a specimen of this world's flora or fauma, but this life form does seem to be carnivorous.

Rainer may be crap, but I like him. A true scientist.
Anyway, putting the torch off does the trick. We find a chest!

main_071.jpg

(with some crap inside)

main_072.jpg

Another room, this time with glowing floor!

main_073.jpg

We explore the southern part, some fights and stuff. Next.

main_074.jpg

These things are more dangerous than the collar-traps, in fact they can kill the entire party if we aren't careful.

main_075.jpg

main_076.jpg

But some krondir meat satisfies and closes the jaws.

We now find ourselves in a stranger part of the dungeon...
main_079.jpg

main_080.jpg

It can't be seen on the screens, but walls are moving! Trippy stuff.

main_081.jpg

It seems we found the assassin... or what's left of him.

But first we need to do something with the glowing thingie.
main_082.jpg

Drirr cautiously touches the surface of the structure...

drirr.jpg
Oh, I feel something!
It is as if I had touched the Trii of another person, only much stronger!
I... I'm getting distinct contact with...

main_083.jpg

It can talk!

drirr.jpg
Who or what are you?

argim.jpg
I am... here. I am now this place. A long time ago... I was small, I was single, alone.

drirr.jpg
You were once someone different?

argim.jpg
Yes...I was... once I was as you. Iskai.

drirr.jpg
Oh, Goddess! You... You were once... ARGIM!

HOLY SHIT, this thing is the long-gone crazy Former!

argim.jpg
Yes.

Drirr directs a short statement to the others.

drirr.jpg
It's unbeliavable! I have made contact with what was once Argim's consciousness!

We ask him a couple of questions.

drirr.jpg
We are searching for a man who came in here.

argim.jpg
Yes. There was a man here. He was a good predator. But he wasn't the only predator here. He has been incorporated into the cycle. He is no longer alive.

drirr.jpg
Did you look at his remains? We saw them in the room behind the structure through which we communicate.

argim.jpg
Yes, Drirr. I will move this structure after our contact.

drirr.jpg
Could you tell me about your past?

argim.jpg
I've been here so long, it is... hard. I'm no longer used to this kind of... thinking... remembering. I wanted to live. My life was so short. I was hot. So angry. Everything flowed out of me. I expanded. It's hard to talk about it.
But, everything became good. I live.

drirr.jpg
Can you tell me something about your current life, Argim?

argim.jpg
I live. That is wonderful. I live in this place. I am this place. I live in the animals here. I experience everything that they experience.
I am in them. I sense how they live, how they hunt and are hunted, how they love and die.
It's wonderful. I am happy. I only miss little. Talks like this. And music.

argim.jpg
That's too bad. I really enjoyed the contact. Please come again.
And I... I would like to ask you something. I often remember music, wonderful music. I miss music. I often dream of music of the crystal. Please bring me a music crystal. Promise me that.

drirr.jpg
We promise you, Argim. We'll bring you a crystal.

argim.jpg
I'm very happy. Let me show you my gratitude.
In the large room, there are two sources of color. Connect them with a path of light.
Then enjoy the sources of power. Now farewell. I await your return.

We give him the crystal we cleverly bought before.

drirr.jpg
We have brought you a music crystal, Argim.

argim.jpg
Music has returned to my life! I am happy, I am fortunate. Thank you.

Let's see what's left of the murderer.

main_084.jpg

main_085.jpg

Not much.
We explore what's behind Argim, bumping into two krondirs:
main_086.jpg

and a goodie chest
main_087.jpg

Now... remember what he told us about the large room?
main_089.jpg

We 'connect' the two sources of color (mushrooms) with a path of light (glowing floor), and...
main_090.jpg

A wall opens!

main_091.jpg

I see a light at the end of a tunnel!

main_092.jpg

rainer2.jpg
What a wonderful feeling! But what in the world was that?

drirr.jpg
There are stories about the 'Lights of the Goddess', which exist in particularly blessed places in the world. They elevate the discoverer and bring him luck. This is the first time I have seen such a light. What an experience!

rainer2.jpg
A nice tale, honorable Drirr. However, I wish I had a set of measuring devices so I could investigate the phenomenon...

Ever the scientist. There are three such lights here, increasing strenght, stamina and speed. But in fact I've loaded the game and came here a bit later, with our fourth character present.
The dungeon cleared, let's get back to Frill.

main_093.jpg

main_094.jpg

main_095.jpg

main_096.jpg

Interesting! Let's go see this Bradir guy.

main_097.jpg

main_098.jpg

main_099.jpg

Nigga please.

After the battle, Bradir drops to his knees. The pain drives the confuse look from his face and his eyes become clear.

drirr.jpg
We must take him to the healer, quickly. Otherwise we will never understand why he attacked us.

main_100.jpg

Let's find out what has really happened.

janis.jpg
Bradir, please explain to us your unusual reaction when you saw the antique weapon the murderer had with him.

bradir.jpg
Sebainah, the dagger was part of the murderer's payment. It belonged to me. Upon seeing it, I lost my nerve.
I am really happy it is all over.

janis.jpg
You're saying that YOU gave the order? YOU had Akiir, your admired friend, murdered?

bradir.jpg
No, by the Goddess! I did not hire the murderer!

janis.jpg
But you know the person who gave the order?

bradir.jpg
Yes, Sebainah.
It was... Akir himself.

drirr.jpg
WHAT?

janis.jpg
IMPOSSIBLE!

tomm.jpg
That cannot be!

sira.jpg
I know that Bradir was the closest and most honest friend that my father ever had. Let him continue.

main_101.jpg

bradir.jpg
The last few weeks have been the worst in my life. I will gladly subject myself to testing by a Tri-Nadh to verify my story.

sira.jpg
Bradir has been a friend of my family since my childhood. In my opinion, he could not have made all of this up. I loved my father, but I know how obstinate he could be. Under these extreme conditions...
He could really have reacted this way and that because of ME, oh, Goddess.
I believe Bradir's words.

janis.jpg
I also believe Bradir. He is free of suspicion.
Return to your guild. Bradir. You have a lot of explaining to do there.
Fasiir, who has been wrongly accused, will be rehabilited immediately.
Kriis, the bribeb Dji-Kas, will have to answer for this treason.

tomm.jpg
Does this clear us of our duty to solve the murder, Sebainah Janiis?

janis.jpg
Yes, it does. I thank you humans, and also you, Drirr, for clearing up this matter. Nothing more stands in the way of your journey.

drirr.jpg
We were a good team. Tom and Rainer, if you want, I will accompany you on the journey. I could do with a little excitement.

tomm.jpg
Gladly, Drirr! I'm happy to have you with us.

sira.jpg
Tom and Rainer, I've always made impulsive decisions.
I would also like to join you for a while. After what has happened here, I would like to get away from everything.
A trip will do me good, and my modest magical talents can certainly be useful to you. What do you say?

tomm.jpg
Naturally you are welcome, Sira! We probably have a long journey ahead of us and the more who join us, the better!

janis.jpg
Although Akiir's tragic plan has left a feeling of sadness, I am glad that everything is finally cleared up.
Tom and Rainer, you are still welcomed guests here in Jirinaar. When you are ready to begin your journey, speak to me. I now declare the meeting ended.

We have a new party member, and our first spellcaster!

this is it! for now.
next time, we'll at find some human beings, who aren't a) murdering Iskai b) eaten by krondirs, and it'll be a real twist!

Luzur

Good Sir
and i need to restart the game again, i stopped just before the ruined guildhall some 2 years ago.

Radisshu

Prophet
The setting is pretty cool. I should have kept playing it, I just didn't like the first map very much.

drexciya

Augur
Radisshu said:
The setting is pretty cool. I should have kept playing it, I just didn't like the first map very much.
The only problem is that you have to grind on the first island. Otherwise you'll be in bad shape when you get into fights on the second island and the accompanying dungeon. I guess that will not be shown in the LP, but it's more or less required. Getting Sira up to level 10 and the spells to get with it makes a huge difference later.

hoverdog

Developer
drexciya said:
Radisshu said:
The only problem is that you have to grind on the first island. Otherwise you'll be in bad shape when you get into fights on the second island and the accompanying dungeon. I guess that will not be shown in the LP, but it's more or less required. Getting Sira up to level 10 and the spells to get with it makes a huge difference later.
Yeah, that's the only weak point of the game I think. Without Sira's leveled frost avalanche (and maybe also thorn snare) you're screwed, either on the second or third island. I've somehow finished that dungeon without any grinding before, but after that I couldn't do shit, even roaming monsters would fuck me up badly.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's going to be pretty hard to avoid the furry jokes when one of the party members starts fucking Sira.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Azira said:
SCO said:
It's going to be pretty hard to avoid the furry jokes when one of the party members starts fucking Sira.

Not one of the human party members I hope..

Don't worry. It is ... tastefully rendered.

Bwhahahah.

hoverdog

Developer
Next update monday at best. Grinding made me leave the game for a while, and I have some life to take care of during the weekend.

Ashery

Prophet
A Monday update would hopefully give us enough time to bump to the third page.

Bring on the furry jokes!

...For the next six or so replies, at least.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
There is a crazy way to play it without a cd (only on dosbox unfortunately).

It's a really stupid game regarding the cd.

0) install the game in dosbox.
1) add this to the start of the batch file that starts the game:
mount D ALBIONCD -t cdrom -label ALBION_____E (yes the game expects to read from a real cd and i'm going to copy the structure)
2) create a ALBIONCD dir inside the game directory (strangely the name doesn't matter. It just can't be the root since that is where the game copies things to)
3) copy the albion cdrom dir to ALBIONCD dir (you can recreate the cd by recording this structure in a cd)
4) edit SETUP.INI on the installed game dir, and change the line
SOURCE_PATH=whatever to SOURCE_PATH=D:\albion\

Run the game with the batch file. Alternatively you can mount a image a mount with imgmount. It may be better for your peace of mind even since it's easy to make a burn. I used this trick also with syndicate wars to make a portable installation with cd music.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
To make the game much faster (and not incidentally disable disk caching, replace DOS4GW.EXE by dos32a.exe (google it) (delete the first, rename the second to the first). There are some annoying messages on game end and credits and probably on end movies that you can disable with a config tool in the dos32a package (ss.exe (fake) DOS4GW.EXE -> F2 -> Disable warnings -> save).

spekkio

Arcane
This game is another proof of Blue Byte's greatness in the 2nd half of the nineties.
Where did such great European studios as Silmarils, Team 17 or Blue Byte go?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom