Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Areena 4, an old Finnish fantasy gladiator RPG.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
What, you thought this was about anything else?

I play a barechested warrior who derives pleasure from sticking a long pointed object into other people... :roll:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 5: Whatever

I told my brother about doing an Areena 4 LP yesterday and he asked me if I had tried out Areena 7 yet. I had no idea there was a 6, let alone a 7. Turns out that it's a browser based game and you can play it in English. I played it for a bit and although I thought the management UI was kinda rubbish, it is pretty much the exact same game, except improved with more of everything. If you are interested in trying it out then check the link below. It's still being made by the same one guy who has been making this same game series since the 80's starting with the commodore 64. That's dedication.

Areena 7

ADMk3Nl.png

We begin our first match against our old friends, the Soldiers of Set

CIgjOX6.png

We crush their Lizardman while shit snipes their hobbit

JfLYRJu.png

Elfberserker goes in for the goblin since he's an easy target while Azira engages their Iceman

gihq2oq.png

It is an easy victory for us

aFqZvf9.png

Since there isn't much else we can do at the moment we go directly into our next match against the Bear-Men of Batu

tqyNus7.png

Our Hobbit snipes their minotaur down. As you can see by Jester's health he has taken quite a beating. The enemy Wizard is shooting at him with a bow.

5UHjrnx.png

And he manages to KO Jester the next round since Jester failed to cast his healing spell

QUMY8so.png

We make short work out of their melee combatants

1XMWSYR.png

shiteatingnippledick takes down the Wizard before the rest of our team gets to engage the Wizard

s3CkkAB.png

We go directly into the next fight against the Redwood Hunters. Welcome back to the 4th division assholes! We'll see if they learned in new tricks while in the 3rd division.

TDCsDnc.png

It's a difficult fight. Our fighters are split but so are theirs. Elfberserker gets a beating but he manages to KO their Minotaur first.

upDgj6N.png

Azira gets a beating as well but Jester manages to pull off a heal on him,

0Io3Ley.png

Unfortunately this isn't enough as their Gnoll critically hits Azira for more than his max HP value and he's out

NwdpXQV.png

Elfberserker KOs their Gnoll is righteous fury and their Wizard decides to at us up and personal

Mz6pwZQ.png

Elfberserker snorts at this pasty white nerd and instead decides to stomp out their midget first. He smashes him with such force that he flies and hits a tree and takes an extra 5 collision damage

tv3SQvC.png

Our Hobbit shoots their Wizard and he slumps down on the ground like a pathetic geek and cries for his mommy

FflzdKo.png

shit has an impressive skill at handling the bow. We'll have to buy him a new one soon enough, though, since the enemies in the higher divisions come with stronger armor and we won't be able to penetrate them with our current bow. But for now it is good enough.

38BunNN.png

We have a bunch of money saved up now so we go and buy a new weapon for Azira, the Suurkeihäs

3kqbwD3.png

We also invest 110 kr into training his strength up to 12. He gets a +1 bonus to his damage now, which is sorely needed against heavily armored foes.

HqS5uSS.png

After all our shopping is done we go and fight against the Soldiers of Set

hoMJYMi.png

As always Elfberserker attacks their midgets first

oVz4fMp.png

Azira finally gets into the action as well but Elfberserker has taken down 2 of their guys already

gwVM6Gh.png

Jester heals our Minotaur since he has taken a beating trying to fight against their whole team alone

HxyTule.png

Azira KOs their Barbarian with ease and then we turn our eyes on their Lizardman

9mVfuTM.png

Elfberserker KOs him as well

am4ZRZs.png

With nothing else to do, once again, we head straight to the next battle against the Bear-Men of Batu

qGAGuuF.png

Jester takes heavy damage by getting shot but he heals himself

9WJK7EF.png

We wait for them to come to us so that we get the first strike. Jester keeps trying (and failing) to heal himself.

tfyL8yI.png

He has 1 HP left but he manages to pull of a heal spell

OTTiCE6.png

Unfortunately he gets KOd by the enemy Wizard regardless. He seems to have a pretty decent bow.

IbyZYPD.png

After Elfberserker takes down their Minotaur and Azira their Iceman we go for their Wizard

AJIYz7N.png

shiteatingnippledick drops him before we get to him, however

YoNGOrW.png

After which shit comes into our office and tells us that we don't appreciate his skills enough! Hardly! He's done 1/4th of all the KO's in our team. That's impressive given how Azira and Elfberserker out class him in terms of equipment.

WR3TvXX.png

I keep checking the shop to see if there are any good discounts, but they only keep selling the best gear at a discounted price. We still won't be able to afford them for quite a while. So we head off to fight against the Redwood Hunters in the last match of this season. Payback time.

kUOGUbR.png

Their Minotaur engages our Minotaur, however the gods seem to favor Elfberserker more. With a combined effort of raw power and divine intervention he smashes the enemy Minotaur with the power of a moving locomotive. He's out of commission for 4 months.

lsY16pi.png

Feel the fury, faggots! :x

HYXZex4.png

Elfberserker slams their midget at a force that it his their Barbarian. He takes 3 points of damage.

sjkOuL5.png

Azira critically hits their Barbarian and he's out. We win.

o9tSRy2.png

And here is the current ranking for this season. We didn't lose a single match this season.

WQL72dI.png

Checking the store they are selling Studded leather armor at a discount. We buy one for Jester and one for shit. Honestly this whole season Jester has had it rough with the ranged attackers. This armor was much needed.

jTXPE6L.png

The upper management is relieved to hear that we have left the shameful mud division

LgMypWS.png

Yup, Prosper's Children finally made it to the 3rd division! We'll see how this shit will go down.

C1SISeo.png

The programme for this season. Our first opponents are the Holy Defenders. A drop out from the 2nd division. This can only end in tears, but we'll see for sure next time.

Last edited:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
First thought; better equipment and a strength increase? :yeah:
Second thought; third division, facing off against the 2nd div dropouts? :rage:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Azira gonna get raped by some ugly orc! And he wont like it at all!

Jester

Arbiter
Fight bare chested they said. Its manly they said. We will sell more tickets they said.
Where are they now when i getting my ass shot at? One joke about wizard unable to use wand correctly, suddenly guy takes archery classes and learn how to disturb my casting. Frigging wizard at least im tanking. Must check if that was in my contract. BY THE GODS I AM BLEEDING.

YoNGOrW.png

After which shit comes into our office and tells us that we don't appreciate his skills enough! Hardly! He's done 1/4th of all the KO's in our team. That's impressive given how Azira and Elfberserker out class him in terms of equipment.

I want appreciation goddammit! I want additional bonuses like free tranny hookers after match and free flowing caviar every morning!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Updated the OP with a translated list of all the Attack spells. Also wanna ask you guys what do you guys think of video LPs? I'm quite happy with this picture format since it's fun to make, but it is also rather time consuming. I'll see this LP claw its way to victory with the same format, but I'm thinking that in the future when I LP Areena 5 I might do it with videos since I can create more content and at a faster rate. Regardless, there are other Finnish games that I plan on LPing that have to be done in video format since they aren't turn based. Just wanna know what you guys think.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
Whatever is best for you. I like the picture format because it is easier to go back and forth after looking up the Finnish to see what exactly happened in each shot.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
You make a good point that I did consider. I think if you do a good enough job narrating the turns and explain what is going on and not rushing things then it should be easy enough to follow, which is exactly what I'd do. I'd do the same kind of narration as I do with the pictures, except maybe a little bit deeper since it is easier and faster to talk than write.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Personally, I much prefer still picture LPs, as I often check them at work. At work I can't just take a 10-minute break to watch a video, but it's easier to pack in several short pauses of about a minute or so during work.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 6: Sorry it's late, I've been drinking. Oh yeah and Jester saves everything.

ccjiTbP.png

The wait is over, it is time for us face off against the 2nd division dropout

dHnNXvx.png

They try to apply magics and ranged combat against us, but we preserve and engage their Kaamio

tt8r7Bx.png

shit shoots their Kaamio for 3 points of damage, but his Mithril armor deflects 8 points of damage

kvgEWBk.png

We fight against them bravely, but Azira is taken down

9h1DmxI.png

Elfberserker keeps trying his best while Jester heals him

hDtrnzx.png

But it's simply not enough

uAlHetF.png

Jester and shit leg it, but they are ran down one by one

JuXK5df.png

Not the strongest way to start the new division

E1wN2Fs.png

We do get a bunch of stat gains so not all is lost. Honestly speaking though it wasn't such a bad fight on our end. In terms of character skill we were on equal footing, they simply out geared us. We could've had a realistic chance at taking them on with just a little bit better equipment. Wouldn't even have to be equal to theirs.

RvpMSzX.png

Sorry for the leap here, guys. I took a few pictures in between but accidentally saved over them. I'll explain what has happened. First thing you may see is that Jester has a new spell. We bought him the best Voima buffing spell called Tosi Lihas (True muscle) for 400 kr. It is an excellent spell as it buffs 12 Power which translates to +6 flat damage. Since we are dealing with heavier armor now we kinda have to have it. We can't upgrade weapons fast enough and it is a cheap spell for such a huge benefit. After buying the spell we headed off to the next match and wrecked their Örkki (Orc) and Velhotar (Sorceress) thanks to this new spell.

moPAWY0.png

It takes us many rounds before we are able to engage their Wizard and Barbarian. They did a good job keeping our Warriors at bay with snare and distraction spells and shit isn't much use since his bow is sorely outclassed by their armor

YObZ8pe.png

Elfberserker KO's their Wizard, but their Barbarian takes down Azira. The winner of this match is about to be decided within a few rounds.

pUHjPL1.png

but suddenly shit manages to pull off a critical hit and KO's their Barbarian. We win our first match in the 3rd division!

iNGcOr6.png

Once again we do good with our stat gains

0KBberJ.png

Just showing off the current rankings for this season

QPjfC8W.png

Our next match is a CUP match against our old friends the Soldiers of Set from the 4th division

fEjYXxK.png

Since these guys aren't all that impressive we rush it

9roQNXE.png

Showing off the effect of Tosi Lihas. Elfberserker has a natural +8 due to his Power, but now it's a whopping +14.

FIse7oJ.png

Unsurprising to anyone he smashes their Goblin

VbzYkzy.png

Azira also gets to feel the benefit of this wonderful spell

wPQDUrC.png

shit snipers their hobbit before Azira gets to take him down, however

CLDmKDR.png

Elfberserker is going on a rampage

HkZZmgj.png

Azira KO's their Barbarian. It is an easy victory, but a good one nonetheless! Winning CUP matches nets more money than usual ones.

RHM0hif.png

Our next normal match in the 3rd division against the Warriors of Fate. Please note that we have 900 kr already. You really rack up the dosh faster the higher up you go.

2jWgx4b.png

Their Orc engages Elfberserker, but our Minotaur pushes him back with a mighty blow

27BExXw.png

He doesn't learn. He comes back and this time Elfberserker makes sure he won't get up a 3rd time. Unfortunately Elfberserker has taken some damage by their ranged guys and is close to being KO'd himself. The reason Azira doesn't seem to do anything is because he is mesmerized by their magical tricks.

U8dOfdJ.png

A few rounds go by and Jester heals Elfberserker, but it isn't enough. Their Hobbit is blessed by the gods and takes him down. Azira manages to close some distance.

rQ6PzAe.png

Azira first takes care of their Hobbit since he's the biggest threat now due to Hobbits being blessed this month.

gaQlhxl.png

This fine Barbarian goes to town on their Wizard next

1YNxu08.png

Ouch! Their Sorceress hits Azira with a mighty blow and he's taken back a step and has 2 HP left. I feel sweat running down my neck as this could prove to be the end for this match.

3zGRUZB.png

shiteatingnippledick pulls through right at the last minute and takes down their Sorceress despite her being armed with rather good armor.

YROIq0N.png

This is our 2nd victory in the 3rd division. :yeah:

HstEwWH.png

We check the store and find a Levyhaarniska (Platemail) on sale. We buy it for Elfberserker, doubling his armor value (from 3 to 6). Looking good!

tF541oF.png

Our 2nd cup match against the Guards of Inca. I do believe they are the 3rd division dropouts currently in the 4th division.

uh19cZJ.png

Jester fails to cast Tosi Lihas, Elfberserker and Azira advance

HLsJnhm.png

shit is having problems with even rather basic armor. To be fair he has a 2nd tier weapon which is essentially rubbish outside the 4th division.

JBSrWg0.png

Jester buffs Elfberserker with strength. Our awesome Minotaur hits their Kaamio with such a force that the Gnoll behind him as well as the Kaamio both suffer 3 points of damage.

6dZYX9k.png

Jester buffs Azira next and then he finishes the Kaamio. Our melee guys have 18 HP and 15 HP. Their Kaamio had 33. We still beat his ass, hard.

DGoU4SC.png

Their Gnoll gets buffed with strength as well by their Hobbit. This could hurt.

l47EdxN.png

Oh, wait, no. Elfberserker uses his titanic strength to slam him into the KO'd Kaamio, causing them both to suffer an extra 5 points of damage. Their Gnoll is out cold.

KfERKCn.png

Their Kääpiö (Dwarf) has decent armor and a high HP value, but Azira brings him down to his knees with a single mighty blow.

xKIy5x4.png

Our Minotaur finishes him off

1Zfnduj.png

Finally the Minotaur whacks their Hobbit so hard he hits a tree and slumps down unconsciously. Victory is ours.

O1PFlZe.png

Prosper's Children is not only doing well in the series ranking, but we made it to the semi-finals in the CUP match. I very much doubt we'll get further than this, but we have made considerable progress AND made a shitton of money.

hx0Uo8P.png

And before we leave it off here I'm just showing you guys that the next thing we will do is arm shit with a new bow. This one, the Elfbow. Or maybe we'll save a bit more for the Mestarijousi (Master bow). That Elfbow will probably be outdated by the 2nd division, the Master bow will probably be fine there.

Our team is shaping up quite nicely. We got some good stuff and we have managed to plant our feet in the 3rd division. Usually you can flip flop between divisions before getting permanent residence, but at least we have managed to assert ourselves here in such a way that we aren't at least going to drop out the 3rd division after this season is over. Next season should be easier when the 2nd division dropout rises back up and someone from the 4th division comes to us. So we'll have 2 seasons in the 3rd division to make money for the items that we need for the big leagues. Honestly speaking, as the chapter title implies, the only reason we were able to make it this far in the 3rd division is because of Jester and his buff spell. Without it we would've been in deep shit.

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Those pamphlets "how to support awsomly" help a lot. There is something magical about sending mountain of flesh, tendons and muscles to do tons of damage while chilling at back. I knew that taking cleric levels will pay up.

Zwist

Learned
Chapter 5: Whatever

I told my brother about doing an Areena 4 LP yesterday and he asked me if I had tried out Areena 7 yet. I had no idea there was a 6, let alone a 7. Turns out that it's a browser based game and you can play it in English. I played it for a bit and although I thought the management UI was kinda rubbish, it is pretty much the exact same game, except improved with more of everything. If you are interested in trying it out then check the link below. It's still being made by the same one guy who has been making this same game series since the 80's starting with the commodore 64. That's dedication.

Areena 7

Its fun.
But if you start your own team, you can buy the highest strength spell from the start, which turns your team into a rape train.
I had quite a lot matches, where I Injured all combatants for 1-4 rounds.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Yeah I agree, you start the game with 500 more money than in the earlier Areena games. It's a bit too much. I thought 1500 was a good amount since you have to make some important compromises. Do you get one guy with really good starting gear, a couple of guys with ok gear or a full house with sticks and rags? The balance works even better in Areena 5 imo since the creator increased the gladiator team from 4 to 6 combatants at once.

Zwist

Learned
I think you should be forced to start without access to the highest level gear or spells, some of those really skewer the balance.
But I really like the type of game, so I might start a new round where I do not abuse the system as much.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 7: Prosper's Children are here to stay

1poXOfN.png

We start off the new chapter against the Holy Defenders again

mpjmg9U.png

During the first round their Knight destroys Azira with his Magic

SDAQX7u.png

Elfberserker tries attacks their Kaamio

UbGodmw.png

But their Kaamio provides to be too strong. He hits Elfberserker with such a force that Elfberserker is lammed against Azira

BKGHZNw.png

Jester is knocked down next by their ranged attackers

EyLenhy.png

They also take down shiteatingnippledick. Their might proved to be too much for us.

3jObtTa.png

Next up is the semi-finals for the CUP match. Jester took a bit of damage last month and he's still recovering so he's sitting this one out. Really, he's the key to all our victories thus far this season so we haven't really much of a chance against these guys. At least we made a ton of money from tickets so it's not like all is lost!

jOnLbET.png

Once again Azira is KO'd right away

DclQ6AW.png

Elfberserker bravely tries to take on all of their guys

iIpmzAn.png

It doesn't go well

AQIdH8X.png

In the end they run down our Hobbit

2VsTnK8.png

Next up is the Rabid Raiders

m4KWWtB.png

shiteatingnippledick finally manages to do some damage

b6fOnZZ.png

Their Orc comes at us alone while the rest of their team sit back throwing all manner of snare and ranged attack possible

o4PKvmS.png

Thanks to Jesters buff Elfberserker sends their Orc flying off at a force that causes him to slam against a rock. Good thing too since Orcs are blessed this month. He could've made short work had we missed our attack rolls.

N5JLjSm.png

We stand there getting hit by their ranged attacks and keep getting shackled by their shitty spells. Azira dips down quite low but Jester brings him back from the razor's edge

fBB4JbT.png

Their Sorceress runs out of mana and comes at us

LMrNNcD.png

Elfberserker makes short work out of her as well

hEG2qzv.png

shiteatingnippledick reminds us that he's still a part of the team

wyOYoXn.png

Finally after what seems like an eternity the snare spells ware off and we can go crack some bones

slSpogr.png

Azira stabs their Barbarian who falls down

Z8P7NEX.png

Then our raging Barbarian goes and KO's their Wizard as well. We win!

3W8z5lI.png

Since we are saving money for a new expensive bow for our Hobbit we continue on. This month Minotaurs are blessed.

xaRZdd7.png

Meh. Even a 3rd tier armor is proving difficult to penetrate. Well, Bows aren't that damaging anyway. Crossbows do slightly heavier damage giving them more armor piercing capabilities, but I really don't like the fact that you have to reload them every other turn. Being able to perform a ranged attack each turn is far more valuable imo. It's better for increasing the stats as well.

TSVsgeg.png

Azira attemps to go block their ranged guys so they cannot cast spells or use their ranged attacks, Elfberserker and their only melee guy engage in melee combat

bjjyXxR.png

Of course someone forgot to tell their Orc that Minotaurs were blessed this month and that it's not a good idea to try to 1-on-1 them. Perhaps they'll tell him when he wakes up from his coma.

YevMysP.png

Azira cuts their Hobbit

TzwZAFi.png

As well as their Sorceress

B2FFUjE.png

Elfberserker ends their Wizard. We win the final match of this season.

WGStC98.png

The rankings for the season. Prosper's Children did pretty damn well considering that we were essentially doing it with 3 guys: 2 melee and 1 caster. And EVERY team had 3 guys who could snare so we spent essentially 12 rounds trying to out last their ranged attacks before we could get at them. It was pretty infuriating at times. No offense to our little Hobbit.

OzUEjmB.png

The top 10 KO's of the season. Elfberserker manages to make it to #2, Azira makes his debut as #6. Not bad, guys.

Ci0JqoC.png

The season ends and a new one begins. We finally bought a Master bow for shiteatingnippledick and we decide to go try it out in the first match of the new season against the Rabid Raiders

bmlqUlL.png

Showing off the damage of the new bow, doing pretty good!

RJJD41e.png

shiteatingnippledick damages their Orc the whole way as he advances, Azira deals the final blow that brings him down.

dE3MSwJ.png

Unfortunately I everyone was snared during the first round so we are stuck sitting here and rely solely on Jester's ability to outlast them by healing us. Their Sorceress runs out of mana again and decides to be up and personal.

OGcVnLy.png

She engages Azira as she perceives Elfberserker as the greater threat and would rather not get bloodied by him

jKt7Qf5.png

Unfortunately she failed to realize that BOTH our melee combatants are excellent at fighting. Azira teaches her that it doesn't matter which one you pick, you're still gonna get KO'd.

ogvV6jL.png

Our Hobbit gleefully shows off how he can do damage again.

C7SYspR.png

The snare spells are less annoying now that shiteatingnippledick can take down their annoying ranged attackers without problems

THTg4K0.png

And their Barbarian is down

TgXvJXh.png

The snare effects finally end, and so will the Rabid Raiders

0vdYxK5.png

Azira does the honors of giving us our first victory in the new season

9VjJUtK.png

We take off with a great start. Here's hoping that it'll be a successful season.

kD5ve09.png

Showing off shiteatingnippledick with his new Bow.

And that's the end of that chapter. Prosper's Children has come far, but we still have to go even further than before. Things we need to do is get Azira a new armor like we got Elfberserker. We can also start thinking about training stats. Elfberserker is OK, but Azira has rather mediocre stats. 15 HP and low Power. It'll be relatively cheap to bring his stats up a bit so I'll look into doing that sometime soon. I'd like to bring his HP up to 18 at least, and maybe add another 2 Power for another +1 in damage. Also, Jester is 31 years old now. He has 4 seasons left before he retires. We need to start looking for a replacement now because if he retires. Failure to do so could potentially cause us to drop down a division given how valuable his spell casting is. Also 4 seasons time trying to find a new replacement is good because it gives us lots of time to cherry pick a good caster and not just any mediocre one. The next caster has big shoes to fill in as Jester is a really, really good caster. His stats were amazing for a recruit, and they still are Top Tier.

Anyways, see ya next time.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I think you should be forced to start without access to the highest level gear or spells, some of those really skewer the balance.
But I really like the type of game, so I might start a new round where I do not abuse the system as much.

Yes it's easy to abuse this game. What I'm essentially doing in this Let's Play is playing the game on Normal - Hard mode. Recruiting a full house of gladiators and trying to keep them all relevant with gear updates can get challenging and difficult, but it is a lot more tactical in both resource management and combat. The easy way would be to recruit a young Kivihirviö (Rock monster) with high strength and simply buy top grade items for him without spending money on other recruits and their equipment. You don't need to spread your resources thin and you can start off with gear that out classes the 4th division and even the 3rd division. You'll have to get more people eventually, but you can easily get to the 2nd if not 1st division with one beefed out Kivihirviö. A geared up and trained Kivihirviö simply the best character in the game bar none. But really where is the fun in that? Areena 5 kinda fixed this by having up to 6 party members in combat. You can still kinda do it by creating an übermesnch gladiator, but you won't get so far anymore.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
If I can find the full version and get it to run properly. The only full version I found was a buggy version of the game where you don't get the final weapon needed to kill the final boss so it's impossible to complete. The game also runs like shit on DOS box. Really slow. If I can figure these two things out in the future then I wouldn't mind LPing it. Despite the strange intro it's a good game.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 8: Choices & Consequences

w268meB.png

It's been a long time, but once again we are against the Guards of Inca

6fzLobu.png

Our gladiators sigh in relief to see that these guys don't solely rely on magic faggotry. Finally they can do some good old hand-to-head skull bashing again!

1D5GfJJ.png

Boom!

8pnU2FC.png

Even Crom is feeling it as he blesses the powerful strikes struck by Azira the Barbarian!

7DzynNY.png

shiteatinnippledick wrecks their knight!

IdPYKkl.png

Elfberserker slams their dwarf but he's a study fellow and doesn't fall

lWIac9X.png

Until Azira hits him with his spear with a force that would split boulders. Game over, for them. Welcome to the 3rd division bitchlords!

739q7cO.png

Our first CUP match this season is against the Bear-Men of Batu. We begin the round with shiteatingnippledick pelting them with arrows

w1Wjn71.png

Unfortunately they've learned a new trick and can snare with magic. Elfberserker gets left behind as Azira makes his way to the enemy.

4L8tKs8.png

Our Hobbit finishes takes down their Goblin, the Barbarian their Iceman. Elfberserker finally joins the fray.

wOeNHF1.png

He knocks their knight out. Victory!

AgBWPUP.png

After the fight shiteatingnippledick expresses us his feeling that he deserves a better melee weapon. No. You fight with your fists.

GfljZy2.png

We keep checking the Tavern but there's no one especially good

dRCHfiW.png

So we head off into the next battle against the White Wolves, the team that got into the 2nd division but then dropped out

fAer35c.png

Azira whips their Gnoll with his expert spearman skill

PzfC9tX.png

Elfberserker makes short work out of their Kaamio

aIQ6Kv5.png

shiteatingnippledick is trying to kill their Wizard

ZcBrgFn.png

Their Wizard shoots Jester and he is out

L34CPf0.png

our Hobbit continues doing a good job damaging the enemy with his new bow

qKwEoyZ.png

In the end Elfberserker finishes him off

pAzhvwb.png

We check the store for sales and see the Platemail on sale again. We buy it for Azira.

whAPPdA.png

2nd CUP match against the Holy Defenders, bane of our existence in the previous chapter. This cannot end well..

4HlLJ95.png

Their two melee engage us while their ranged attackers attack Jester

vfaw9pO.png

With the might of a thousand exploding suns and the blessings of Crom, Azira hits the enemy Minotaur with such titanic force that the blow could be felt all across Runecrag. Elfberserker hits their Kaamio so hard that he has to take two steps back.

ljgH1kj.png

Jester heals himself, essentially causing the ranged attackers to waste their efforts on focusing him. Azira advances toward the enemy, Elfberserker is still fighting against the enemy Kaamio.

2BCDeZZ.png

Not for long, though

CAaYi0G.png

shiteatingnippledick shoots their Haltija (Elf)

OaSlafr.png

Azira's rage doesn't end. It cannot be contained. Feel the fury motherfuckers! :x
After we redeem ourselves with sweet, sweet victory (and oh how satisfying it is to give them such a beat down after them humiliating us several times in the past) we leave the arena. 2nd CUP match won! We are entering the semi-finals again. I think this is a testament to how good Prosper's Children are becoming.

U5Nr9PG.png

Azira comes and asks us why we haven't taught him any spells. It seems that he's still high on adrenaline and isn't thinking clearly.

xNRcyPC.png

We head off to the next fight against the Rabid Raiders

CPiznIq.png

Once again they snare everyone except for Azira who intercepts their Orc before he can come and block Jester or shiteatingnippledick from using spells or ranged attacks

0VZZ4nY.png

Azira proves his might to the filthy sub-human scum

B1fQrkl.png

The rules are different this time. We aren't just helplessly sitting and getting killed by their ranged attackers. We have better armor now and better missile weapons. shiteatingnippledick KO's their Sorceress as we are stuck being snared.

fCs6m1H.png

The snares wear off eventually. Their Barbarian attacks Azira only to be easily taken down.

Og8Dp4y.png

Elfberserker also gets a piece of the action

IwIya9d.png

We're almost done with the season. Here are the current rankings so far. As you can see we are clearly top dog of the 3rd division now.

Jt9Ueew.png

We check the Tavern and find someone of interest! Druids this young are rather rare to come by. He has less Mana than Jester, but a bit more HP. He's good, someone worth adding in to the roster.

l4qFHgz.png

We also check the store and see that the Tulikeihäs (Fire spear) is on sale. We could afford this as well

NBnGnx9.png

I check out the swords and realize that Elfberserker is still running around with a Low-Mid tier cheapo sword. Looks like someone is getting an upgrade very soon. Next time, soon!

And we leave off here with a difficult choice. Do we take the Fire spear for Azira, passing up on this offer? Or do we hire the Druid? Keep in mind that you can have only one character of the same race in your gladiator team so we would have to fire Jester, then we'd have to buy the new Druid all the spells back as well. But we could afford it and he'd be with us for a very long time. Of course we still have 3 and a half seasons left to find a new spell-user, but it is a juicy offer to be sure.

Also what do you guys think we should do? Should we continue winning as we are and go into the 2nd division (and possibly get spanked hard there)? Or do we pussy out and intentionally lose the next two fights and stay in the 3rd division for one more season. The money is good and we've done some significant upgrades. Personally I'm leaning towards trying out the 2nd division. If we get new weapons for Azira and Elfberserker ASAP, I think we could do it. I think we could compete there. That would mean we'd have to pass up on the Druid offer, though. C&C, bitches! Just let me know what you guys think is best for Prosper's Children and I'll take all suggestions into consideration, as always. Thanks for reading and being interested in the game! I hope you guys enjoy it half as much as I enjoy LPing it.

:happytrollboy:

overtenemy

Augur
What does Battles of Norghan have to do with this game? I've been playing Areena 7 since I don't speak Finnish, and it's obvious that the games are very similar in addition to being Finnish. was Norghan made as an Areena worship game, or ripoff, or do Finnish people really just like gladiators?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom