Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Areena 4, an old Finnish fantasy gladiator RPG.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What does Battles of Norghan have to do with this game? I've been playing Areena 7 since I don't speak Finnish, and it's obvious that the games are very similar in addition to being Finnish. was Norghan made as an Areena worship game, or ripoff, or do Finnish people really just like gladiators?

I actually found out about Battles of Norghan yesterday and downloaded the demo to try it out. It's a straight up Areena clone although it tries to be a bit deeper with more stats and such. These games fall into the "sim" genre which was really popular in the 90's. There were lots of games where you had to build up your band, your hockey team, gladiator team, whatever from scratch and manage their stats, equipment etc.. So, yeah, I wouldn't say it's that Finnish people really just like gladiators exclusively as much as they liked management and team building. Areena went beyond those sim games, though, by adding tactical combat as most sim games were completely text based and only focused on the team building aspects.

Edit: There might not be a new update today (10.9). I'm busy with some other shit now, but I might update later or I might not.

Last edited:

overtenemy

Augur
That's interesting. Finnish dudes make some decent games now and then. I would like to point out however that Battles of Norghan is pretty much way better than Areena. It has flaws, many of which were probably introduced by the variables introduced by the slightly more complex gameplay, but I don't think that's really a deterrent to a proper Codexer. It has Races, roles within the races, more diverse spells, actual RANGES on ranged combat and spells, way better maps, and a plethora of other options including clans and gamemode. Gamemode influences starting gold and the minimum amount of gladiators on your team before you can even purchase anything. The upshot is that you are forced to make a clan of lower end dudes with lower end gear and compete 4v4. in B, that is. In C, you just straight start out with 12 fucking dudes, to the max of 4 on Areena. I'm a little drunk. Am I making sense?

Basically, you should just turn this LP into Norghan. It's got its problems but it's also pretty fucking sweet for a quick turn based combat fix.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 9: Oh god what have we gotten into

e9G4CCY.png

The wait is over, we buy a Tulikeihäs for Azira. Just showing off the fact that it's nearly a top tier weapon.

5RiPSis.png

Our next match is a CUP match against the Lords of Chaos. They have pretty badass dudes, but we have one huge advantage over them..

glLtl3q.png

shiteatingnippledick tries to penetrate their heavy armor

iozS3qs.png

And here is the crux of our advantage. Jester is blessed. So he does double heals, so what? This is nothing new. Oh, and Elfberserker hits their dwarf for heavy damage but he's a stout lil' guy who doesn't fall down so easily.

53Z9Joj.png

And here is why we are so badass right now. Jester's Power buff is doubled as well! When they say everything is doubled when your race is blessed, they mean everything. Azira and Elfberserker are able to do obscene amounts of damage without being blessed themselves. Azira takes down their Knight with one mighty blow.

tBT4aTT.png

Things get heated as their Iceman flanks us

3rTTSpL.png

Azira brings down their Minotaur, which is good. He was the biggest threat.

ee7weoC.png

our Hobbit retreats and their Iceman knocks out Azira. Elfberserker knocks out their Dwarf. This could go either way at this point.

QmO9sts.png

Even shiteatingnippledick gets to feel the greatness of Jesters buff, for once

Pgoh5VD.png

The enemy Iceman takes out shiteatingnippledick AND Jester with one attack. This guy is strong as hell!

bqAjMvD.png

Elfberserker is stronger still. We win the semi-finals of the CUP match!

H09FpJg.png

We'll be competing in the finals against the Stars of Sun. We're doing great!

JxPVdgh.png

unfortunately shiteatingnippledick got hit hard last time and he has to sit it out for a few months

cnP3TUB.png

We're up against the Guards of Inca, nothing especially tough. Nothing that we can't handle.

QC8kUpz.png

First Azira brings down their Gnoll..

omAOSyL.png

Then their Dwarf..

Ql8lLon.png

And finally heir Hobbit

DVAV4sN.png

Elfberserker makes short work out of their Kaamio, although he sure did take his sweet time with it.

gNFlzaJ.png

Finally the finals. Just showing off the amount of gold we get just from the tickets.

DmOQDvW.png

Before we even get a chance to go their Orc KO's Elfberserker with his Bow

DuxHMeb.png

Jester struggles to keep himself alive

4dzVPa1.png

Azira tries to intercept their Kaamio, but he smashes Azira with such a force that he hits Jester and they are both knocked out, but not badly.

kdqUq0i.png

Sadly, this is the difference in strength between us and a 1st division champion. But, regardless, we made it this far and that is a feat in itself.

TBsRjrq.png

The seasons final match against the White Wolves. I think this one decides who goes up and who stays in the 3rd division.

iqYeocj.png

shiteatingnippledick starts chipping away at their health from a distance as we begin our attack

IFoychn.png

Elfberserker is immediately snared, but Azira is not. He intercepts their Bearman and shows what Prosper's Children are all about

BvFPLk9.png

Our Minotaur gets damaged and is still unable to move

1Y8CFUO.png

Jester heals him and Azira goes to block off their ranged attackers. He KO's their Wizard.

Tf59UHs.png

Elfberserker is finally freed from their snare and Azira takes down their Elf

kIJVawk.png

Suddenly their Sorceress scores a critical hit and Elfberserker is taken out in one attack

rLzaUa9.png

Our Hobbit then retaliates with a critical hit of his own, but this is not enough for the Sorceress to be brought down

oL8Qtv7.png

Azira was stuck in a snare as well for a few rounds, but the effect wears off and he engages the Sorceress and takes her out. Victory is ours!

e1lGJiU.png

Here is the final score for this season. There's no stopping us now, or going back for that matter.

Ejgkjgk.png

Azira is the undisputed gladiator of the month!

DsjGBtx.png

Upper management is ecstatic. They pay us a 500 kr bonus for Azira's achievement. Cool! I had forgotten that this game had that feature, I seem to have misremembered that it was only introduced in Areena 5.

V6wGCWa.png

The upper management also congratulates us for finally getting into the big leagues and hopes that we'll stay there as well

PrNGjO5.png

Just showing the new season. Yup, Prosper's Children really is in the 2nd division.

cNAfTmZ.png

And we have quite a lot of money right now. We could buy the 2nd best sword for Elfberserker, but I'm not too sure. Things are different now. We really, REALLY need to start training HP now. I've talked about it before as an option, but it's not anymore. Now it's starting to be mandatory. We are at a point where people are going to be randomly gibbing us even if we are at max health, if we don't start training. Not only are their weapons better, but they are starting to have higher level magic which our armor does not protect against. Our only protection against it is a larger HP pool. So, either we get the Tulimiekka (Fire sword) for Elfberserker and splurge all our money on that, or we get a Siunattu Miekka (Blessed sword) and have enough money to train a nice amount of max HP for Elfberserker and Azira. Or just grab the Fire sword and hope that we can win a few matches with our sub-par stats and then train immediately. Choices, choices...

Hobo Elf

Arcane
That's interesting. Finnish dudes make some decent games now and then. I would like to point out however that Battles of Norghan is pretty much way better than Areena. It has flaws, many of which were probably introduced by the variables introduced by the slightly more complex gameplay, but I don't think that's really a deterrent to a proper Codexer. It has Races, roles within the races, more diverse spells, actual RANGES on ranged combat and spells, way better maps, and a plethora of other options including clans and gamemode. Gamemode influences starting gold and the minimum amount of gladiators on your team before you can even purchase anything. The upshot is that you are forced to make a clan of lower end dudes with lower end gear and compete 4v4. in B, that is. In C, you just straight start out with 12 fucking dudes, to the max of 4 on Areena. I'm a little drunk. Am I making sense?

Basically, you should just turn this LP into Norghan. It's got its problems but it's also pretty fucking sweet for a quick turn based combat fix.

You forget that this is a nostalgia fueled LP. If I wanted to LP the superior game I would've started with Areena 5. It's possible that I might LP BoN some day, maybe, after I've played it some more and I'm done with the other LPs I have planned out first. But BoN is also a game that anyone else could play because it is in English. My mission is to LP the games that aren't translated, that non-Finnish speaking people couldn't normally play. But, yes, it has a bunch of nice additions that add more tactical depth that are lacking in Areena, although on the flip side it also has a completely dogshit UI and lacks the streamlined fast paced-ness that Areena games have. Oh, well. Not everything is perfect.

Jester

Arbiter
HP and firestarter. I cant guarantee that i will cast godhood next time we fight, i am healer not miracle maker. (Although some Gods own me a favour or two)

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 10: The 2nd division is no joking matter

Since I have nothing better to do I decided to record a bunch of a chapters in advance. I decided to publish one more today, so look forward to having a bunch of chapters to read tomorrow. Maybe 2 again, maybe 3. Perhaps more. We'll see. Do you guys prefer a more staggered release of chapters or do you like more at once?

kHTHYuL.png

We're back! Unfortunately I was currently recording this LP before I could see what people said here, so I bought the Fire sword instead of training. I weighed my options and thought that it would be more beneficial for us, maybe. Hopefully.

zRJnG6F.png

Our first match against the Lords of Chaos

YQt2u9J.png

Our Minotaur takes some heavy damage after the first round

LCFxugQ.png

Their Goblin is too good with the bow, Elfberserker is taken down fast

sXuBzqE.png

Azira bravely tries to fend them off alone

8vgxBJl.png

But they are too much for him

q3c1qAz.png

Jester and shiteatingnippledick are ran down shortly after. We had no chance.

tTX33gO.png

Next up the Knights of Cull. Azira took a bad hit last time so we have to make do without him this month. shiteatingnippledick takes down their Sorceress with one critical hit.

BaSnuCN.png

Next he focuses on their Elf

Beyn69W.png

Elfberserker crashes their Iceman against the arena wall

p0ZpVAD.png

Their Knight snipes our Hobbit. This doesn't look good anymore.

KFQBmJg.png

Elfberserker attacks their Elf and with a berserker's rage he hits him for massive damage and puts him in a coma

3X0BsCx.png

Then he gores their Knight. The first victory in the 3rd division!

Uv3jb2z.png

Showing off some stat gains since I haven't done that in a while

zA2ZkqG.png

shiteatingnippledick is out cold for this month, unfortunately.

31mTm2L.png

We have our first CUP match against the Masters of Sword.

fi8TjKi.png

We do some heavy damage to them and are in control of the situation

5f3bVsz.png

Er, not anymore. They take us out in one round. Shortly after Jester is shot and is out for a few months. GG.

1RsYovM.png

Showing the season programme. It seems like we have the rape cave after the anal rodeo.

VzTErnI.png

The next match is against the Dragonslayers. We bumrush them and Elfberserker obliterates their Kaamio.

SEGrYCr.png

Their Knight shoots Elfberserker, Azira manages to make it to the enemy before they can shoot him and takes their Elf down

7uYmlD4.png

Their Knight takes care of Azira next, sadly

KQxzIUA.png

Their Goblin shoots shiteatingnippledick with his crossbow aaaaand we lost again

w1pYkHT.png

I'm just hurrying this up since there really isn't much to show. Our Minotaur is out cold so we haven't much of a chance here.

mPSw1Dz.png

The first round Jester is shot down

cWkrVQt.png

Azira does a surprisingly good job at tanking the enemy for 3 rounds as he manages to beat their Dwarf

pvNKnYI.png

Even shiteatingnippledick gets excited and scores a critical hit against their Goblin

K5NFc4N.png

Their Iceman pushes Azira back with a mighty blow and knocks him out, their Goblin shoots shiteatingnippledick

maGY8vQ.png

We have a full house again. Our melee combatants attack the enemy head on while shiteatingnippledick tries to KO their Elf

FBUHbkh.png

Their Iceman attacks Elfberserker but is taken down within seconds

18DkNYR.png

Their Knight critically hits Azira for 30 damage. He hits a tree and takes another 24 damage and is out of comission 5 months.

WehDXcD.png

Elfberserker smashes their Sorceress in anger

mkOcSc1.png

And their Elf as well

oWsjYAh.png

Their Knight is a badass, though, and ends the Minotaurs rampage

oO0CgHG.png

One by one

A085QMl.png

He takes out the rest of our team

Jbl49Yg.png

This shit isn't going so well. We check the tavern and find a relatively young-ish Kivihirviö (Rockmonster). His stats are incredible and he's pretty cheap. We honestly cannot pass up on him, his HP is huge. We NEED him if we want to survive the 2nd and 1st division.

KIcWgUs.png

So now he's a part of our team! Mystinen haarniska (Mystic armor) is on sale so we grab that for our Rockmonster. We don't have money for a weapon, though. Doesn't matter, he can take a hit quite well so that's good enough for us, for now.

KR5ljlJ.png

Since Azira is still out we take him with us into the next match

Zdj5FNF.png

Elfberserker and Piper intercept their Kaamio

moII28j.png

They are unable to hit him, though. Eventually he KO's Elfberserker, Jester is taken out by ranged attackers, once again.

hcCIdXF.png

Even Piper with his massive health cannot take all the punishment directed at him

mRK5IdQ.png

shiteatingnippledick is the last one to fall

6GebJGM.png

Meh. 1 win in the whole season. It could've gone worse, honestly, but I think we need one more season in the 3rd division before we are ready.

4rQeXDT.png

Which is where we find ourselves again. Oh well! Now we at least know what we are up against. At least we'll get a ton of money in the 3rd division again. Until next time!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 11: The World's Strongest Saga part 1

lPkWu2H.png

Yeah! We're back in the 3rd division! Our good ol' friends the Guards of Inca. I remember when these guys posed a challenge for us :')

HhfHjWH.png

Elfberserker is overtaken by heartwarming nostalgia and critically hits their Kaamio for 120 damage. His armor absorbs 5 points of damage but unfortunately it just isn't enough to keep him awake.

xbMVVie.png

shiteatingnippledick shoots their Gnoll with ease

qDA60lb.png

At one point their Dwarf and Kaamio gave our team the cold sweats due to the HP disparity between them and our guys. That time is gone.

GTPhRJS.png

The train doesn't stop! Elfberserker makes sure everyone in their team will be sitting it out. Prosper's Children is back in the 3rd division and we're stronger than ever.

Gmq7PoY.png

Elfberserker sets a new record for highest amount of money gotten from fans. They practically paid the salary for our whole team this month!

NUTx7TF.png

Next up is the Rabid Raiders. These guys were supreme assholes, too, who gave us all kinds of problems with their damn trickery and magic. Their Liskomies (Lizardman) feels cocky and thinks he can handle Elfberserker and Azira.

87oipyI.png

He was wrong

mp2UdzE.png

While our melee fighters are snared shiteatingnippledick takes the situation into his little hands as he barrages the enemy with missiles. He takes down their Sorceress.

aKpn2FP.png

And then their Iceman. Easy peasy.

1KXp3bx.png

The first CUP match is against the Guards of Inca

ssI7vu5.png

Looking at their team it would seem like they still haven't recovered from the beating they got from us during the season opening

htPZHWx.png

Azira assumes a heroic stance and slices through their Gnoll with a beautiful flourish! Meanwhile our Minotaur is going for their Lizardman.

R50PVIJ.png

And sets an example of what the good people spectating this CUP match can come to expect from Prosper's Children in this seasons CUP match

cPKyAJV.png

We have quite a bit of dosh so we decide to train Elfberserker's Speed

2xO80Iu.png

We train it up to his maximum value. It's cheap, costing us only 90 kr, but the gains are fair enough for it to be worthwhile. Not only does he become slightly better at hitting and deflecting, but he also gets a slight bonus to Väistö (Dodge). This is the skill check you roll to avoid non-magical ranged attacks.

xurwgGT.png

Ah, the Holy Defenders. These guys wrecked us hard when we initially came into the 3rd division.

u8rQ2zb.png

Even without the Power buff Elfberserker is strong enough to push their Minotaur back with his might

pn80zxi.png

Azira calls out to Crom as he savages their Dwarf!

SBY0lFx.png

Our meaty Minotaur bashes their Kaamio and sends him off like a bean bag. shiteatingnippledick accidentally moves to the right.

ys9ESwO.png

The team closes in on their Elf

N3LD9kQ.png

And shows the Holy Defenders who's Top Dog now

tNoROA1.png

We have our 2nd CUP match against the Warlords of Olor. We take our Rockmonster with us this time, replacing shiteatingnippledick. He has a we might need to capitalize on his large health pool. The battle begins and the melee combatants engage each other in the middle of the arena.

GmEbd1N.png

Elfberserker slaps their Minotaur quickly. Elfberserker also gets shot, but Jester heals him.

smi4h7p.png

Azira KO's their Kaamio, Elfberserker and Piper close in on the Sorceress to try and block her from doing any more ranged attacks

oz1vFED.png

She shoots Elfberserker before he get's close. Piper is also taking heavy punishment, but Jester does a good job at keeping him alive to give Azira enough time to engage without being target to her ranged attacks.

2Pyl2f9.png

Azira comes in a hits her with a mighty blow! She'll be out of the game for a good while.

HxD7ks4.png

Once again we find ourselves in the semi-finals, next up the Stars of Sun

0Sdu8v0.png

But first we are against the Guards of Inca again! Free money! The melee combatants seek each other out.

JoKqmf2.png

Our Hobbit takes their Hobbit out before he can have a chance to do nasty things from afar.

YjctLsJ.png

Elfberserker easily dispatches their Kaamio

r78tW5M.png

And their Dwarf

mzDuK2Y.png

Jester and shiteatingnippledick scatter so they don't get targeted by the Gnoll. Azira attemps to attack their Gnoll, but he blocks Azira's attack. Elfberserker and Azira switch places, giving our Minotaur a chance to attack the enemy. He sends the enemy Gnoll flying, his unconscious body slumps next to the Hobbit.

sh1PPze.png

Next up the semi-finals against the Stars of Sun. Luck is on our side as Jester is blessed by the gods. He buffs our team with godly strength as they attack the enemy's front line warriors. Elfberserker does the honors by giving their Iceman a horrible injury.

CLhvU5R.png

Their Gnoll hits Azira and sends him flying, but he isn't badly hurt. Our Minotaur retaliates with beastly rage, their Gnoll simply had no chance. Their ranged attackers are focusing on Elfberserker, but Jester easily keeps him alive.

uDypPiS.png

Their Sorceress topples down

Nvlf808.png

And so does their Orc. Prosper's Children > Stars of Sun.

gEH40Xh.png

Prosper's Children made it to the finals!

kQlSDik.png

The final match will be against the Masters of Sword. One of the best from the 1st division. Whatever comes, at least we know it'll be something even stronger than what we were up against in the 2nd division. Find out what happens in the next exciting chapter of Areena 4 LP.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 12: The World's Strongest Saga part 2

WzZaPrt.png

We continue our tale with the next match, the one being against the Rabid Raiders. These guys were the most magic + ranged oriented team that gave us a lot of trouble early on since they'd snare Azira and Elfberserker and just attack us from afar. Elfberserker is snared immediately, but Azira is not so he makes his way as fast as he can to engage the enemy.

4xxJXHg.png

Elfberserker is still snared and Jester has been taken down by their team. shiteatingnippledick manages to KO their Wizard, however, making the situation a bit less dire.

s0CWETD.png

Azira was finally the target of their snares, which leaves our Hobbit as the only one capable of dealing with the enemy. He KO's their Sorceress. Our Minotaur is eventually freed from his magical shackles and charges the enemy.

Ml0NXq5.png

Their Iceman runs out of mana and attacks, but is taken back by Elfberserkers magical Fire sword and his mythical Minotaur strength

5qshLkt.png

shiteatingnippledick finishes the Iceman as he is low on health

76xrp4I.png

Finally their Barbarian is savored for last as Elfberserker crashes him as if the Minotaur was a whirlwind of violence and nothing more.

2xl38mb.png

We're finally here, now. The Finals in this season CUP match.

8Dx4I0S.png

We have a bunch of money so we use it. We train Azira's health. We bring up his max HP value from 15 to 18. It is quite the upgrade!

priI5Wi.png

It is also time for us to begin using our Rockmonster seriously. We are bringing out all the big guns. We buy him a Muinainen nuija (Ancient club). With it he will be destruction incarnate.

Uq7htvZ.png

shiteatingnippledick is going to have to sit this one out. The enemy has the best armor available and so his bow would be unable to penetrate, unfortunately.

kTUEf6D.png

it's on! First thing we realize is that luck (or perhaps a dark god) is, once again, mindful of the existence of Prosper's Children. The enemy has only managed to field 2 combatants as the rest of their team seem to be injured. Make no mistake, however! They are capable of taking out all our men with a single attack, except for the Rockmonster, perhaps. Our melee warriors grind their teeth and make their way as fast as possible. Jester does his best to buff everyone with Power, but he is taken down pretty fast. His poor armor does not do much to stop the enemy's incredible weapons.

qFZd30T.png

As soon as we close in, their Wizard attacks Elfberserker, but he manages, by some alien luck, to block him. He then uses all his might as he takes the mightiest, and most decisive, swing in his career. It pays off as he sends their Wizard zooming across the arena with a hit of such magnitude that people will talk about it even in years to come.

8RIL2jm.png

Their Hobbit, small as he is, is still wielding the best Mace available. He hits Azira and sends him off across the Arena. Eerily, Azira is still alive with 1 health left. The training we put him through to increase his health paid off, yes. But to such accuracy? Indeed, there seem to be forces beyond our mortal heroes at work. Invisible threads of fate are being woven in secrecy each time our champions strike at an enemy.

NdodPKA.png

The very next round our Rockmonster, despite his poor skill at handling his weapon, takes down their Hobbit. Gods or not, no one doubts the might of Prosper's Children anymore.

uKWkhM3.png

Prosper's Children did it! We finally made it as champions! The upper management is pissing themselves in non-stop excite. They are besides themselves. For our victory we are awarded 1500 kr. The people of Runecrag come together in the market square to meet our hero gladiators, as they wave to greet the populace, from their balcony. People begin singing songs in our honor.

ojkhd7U.png

And with that, one of the two victory conditions for this LP have been met.

1iujJIj.png

Enough celebration! It is time for us to continue. We are up against the Holy Defenders again. Never mind these guys anymore, they are small fries compared to us. We're the best!

rR4Lmga.png

Azira hits their Kaamio and he falls down with a shudder. Our Rockmonsters attempts to flank the enemy while our Minotaur and Barbarian are engaging their main forces.

ZTTq7Yr.png

A Rockmonster with a powerful club is a force unlike any other. Their Dwarf never stood a chance.

7kyU0AX.png

Our Barbarian is on a roll and takes out their Minotaur as well

eEGu7bM.png

Our warriors engage their Knight

sy2mO7y.png

Elfberserker ends it all in bloody violence

qiptNRV.png

Undisputed masters of the 3rd division, we're going back to the 2nd division and this time we won't lose.

asbMhur.png

Elfberserker is #1 and we get another 500 kr stipend again for having the top gladiator. shiteatingnippledick also makes his debut in the 10th place.

MIGUXKi.png

And that's it for now. We have quite a lot of money. Jester is also old. This will be his last season. We have to get a new Magic-User now. We haven't the luxury to be picky either. We might end up with someone mediocre or even kinda crappy, but that's just the way it might be. OR we might get someone amazing as well. Whatever happens, be sure to not miss out!

Last edited:
Damn, we lucked out even if the best gladiator wasn't in the CUP fight :smug:.

The age system is pretty good at keeping you from being the most destructive force of all time. Need slowly to crawl to the 1st division.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 13: The legend continues

qSlaazN.png

We're back in the 2nd division. We start it all off by training our guys a bit. We train Elfberserkers max HP value from 18 to 20.

61MsbNY.png

And we do the exact same for Azira as well.

ZgubUo7.png

Our first match against the Lords of Chaos. Since shiteatingnippledick's bow is rather weak we have to bench him for now, until we get enough dosh to upgrade him. Unfortunately it is more critical for us to upgrade our armor first so I dunno when our Hobbit will see an upgrade. Jester does his thing by buffing our warriors before they engage the enemy.

C0RGEwI.png

Azira and Elfberserker take out their Lizardman first before he can do some damage. Lizardmen are the blessed race this month, so letting him run amok will have quite dire consequences. Our Rockmonster attempts to flank them, but their Minotaur seems to be doing the same.

DyUIGzJ.png

Elfberserker easily dispatches their Dwarf

cKoDomY.png

Their Minotaur engages Elfberserker but gets thrown back by a swift and strong blow

RXeGaKj.png

Piper takes out their pesky Orc before he can cause more harm

ftPDcbZ.png

Their Minotaur tries to engage us again, this time Elfberserker makes sure he doesn't come back. Victory!

8Q8uwwG.png

Stats, stats, stats. Everyone is getting better at their craft.

Rq6hclv.png

After the match is over we head off to check out the tavern for a new spell caster. Nothing. We check the store and see that they have Mahtikeihäs (Mighty spear) on sale. This is the best spear in the game. All the best weapons seem to do the same damage, but have different Hit and Parry bonuses, spears quite obviously being the most defensive ones. Regardless, we buy the spear for Azira. We have finally equipped our first guy with a piece of ultimate equipment! It will surely be a great boon to our team's success.

Kqb04yA.png

Next up is the Knights of Cull. Their within the first few rounds their Elf casts a deadly spell on Jester and he is taken out. Our warriors engage their melee, hopeful that they can take them out before their casters cause any more damage.

yCYWkCJ.png

Azira easily deals with the Gnoll thanks to his new weapon

QPiL94I.png

Elfberserker puts their Iceman in his place, Piper intercepts their Elf who ran out of mana

7BSjzZZ.png

Since he isn't quite good with his weapon yet he doesn't KO their Elf. Azira comes up and takes the situation into his own hands.

y8eaTwe.png

Their Sorceress is no match against the combined efforts of Prosper's Children

wiw1shf.png

Yes, in fact, we are leading the 2nd division right now.

Tud8QHW.png

Here's a programme for this season. Next up will be a CUP match against the Dragonslayers followed up by a regular match against them. If we can injure their combatants we'll have an easier time against them next time.

yVWr2gT.png

We begin the fight. Elfberserker rushes to block their ranged attackers while Azira and Piper handle their Bearman. The Bearman attacks Azira, but Azira blocks the attack. Their Bearman has a poor 22% chance to hit due to Azira's awesome weapon.

vQi82rb.png

Piper takes him out

1t6qoeF.png

Their goblin shoots Jester down. Jester would really need some better armor, but it'd be a terrible waste of money right now.

ZIpLtSB.png

Our Minotaur knocks their Knight, but he isn't finished yet

yJEVHfz.png

Their Goblin hits Azira and he falls back quite a distance and takes heavy damage, but isn't necessarily in critical condition quite yet

5jhh9iq.png

Elfberserker is shot down by their Goblin. Piper hits their Elf so hard that he slams against the enemy Knight, they are both KO'd.

cGaVgOo.png

Azira is mightier than their Goblin, he falls

lBhwkhO.png

Once again a buffet of stats for out guys

qrBnNBv.png

Jester comes into our office and lets us know that his idol is Snowball from the Masters of Sword team. Elfberserker is injured this month and cannot fight.

ew3KzFD.png

So we field the rest of the team. Luckily we crippled the Dragonslayers quite a lot last month and they are unable to assemble a full team.

12UdjFQ.png

As always, Jester provides valuable back up in the form of magical aid

9Cx7Kxl.png

Our Hobbit shows us that he still has his deadly accuracy

fHnFbpr.png

Piper attacks their Bearman but doesn't KO him

22CnIA9.png

Jester keeps Azira alive, their Iceman runs out of mana and comes charging

4cKI5AE.png

Azira ends their Kaamio to even the numbers

G8UkfNw.png

shiteatingnippledick critically hits their Iceman and nearly takes him out

ziWoL0d.png

Azira finishes the job

RFtQUdP.png

Piper finishes the match. An easy victory comes to us like second nature.

xTTc9d2.png

We are the current leaders of the 2nd division and on our way to the 1st division at this rate. Notice the Stars of Sun are the champions of the 1st division.

LP9BMh4.png

Because next time we'll be up against them in the next CUP match!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 14: A late goodbye

hx43PAf.png

We continue where we left off: against the Stars of Sun. Jester gets shot down in the first round.

RLnWNl9.png

Then Elfberserker

STtSW81.png

Their Kaamio easily takes care of Azira

jQn07R1.png

Even Piper falls down. We didn't even touch them. What a miserable defeat, but what is victory if there is no loss as well? Anyway we're out of the CUP match for this season.

OUuOygj.png

Next up we have the Lords of Chaos

PFd0FLl.png

Jester doing what he does best while the front line warriors take the enemy head on. Minotaurs are blessed this month so we need to take their Minotaur down asap.

E6vov3Q.png

Which is quite soon. Elfberserker is truly a magnificent force of pure power.

2j9zTBZ.png

Their Wizard keeps trying to cast magic on Jester but he easily resists his attacks

6nXUyo4.png

Oops, Azira is taken down by their Lizardman. Meanwhile, Piper is flanking the enemy.

nzPmYGE.png

Their Wizard is pretty strong though! He manages to knock back our Rockmonster. Once again I remind you all that height does play a factor in knockbacks as it is easier for bigger guys to knock back smaller guys, but it is still possible for little guys to do it to the big guys.

K74Bwrt.png

Their Lizardman is taken for a spin by Elfberserker

ieBD21H.png

Jester heals Piper as our Rockmonster gets back into action

8NorBAV.png

Their Orc is splattered all over the wall

48uBpXL.png

And their Wizard won't be waking up for quite a while either

gWnZPeD.png

So far we have the 2nd division pretty much in our hands right now. Also, stats.

1rZucin.png

We have been checking the Tavern each turn, but finally we found someone promising. He may not have quite as much mana as Jester (although he isn't THAT much more lacking), but he has a whole lot more health! 6 points more. That's a HUGE difference, much more important than the 6 mana. 25 is quite enough.

PzSyFAt.png

We thank Jester for everything he has done for our team as we would've never made it this far without him. Unfortunately it is time to let him go. Prosper's Children salute and thank you. :salute:

SjuzZ50.png

We hire the new Druid and name him Jester II. We buy him the strength buff again, and we also get him Mielenrauha (Peace of mind). It is one tier above the previous heal spells, healing 9 HP for 3 mana. We also check the store and see that the Mystic armor is on sale, so we grab that.

Su5u9sK.png

Great! Say hello to Jester II. Mana was less of an issue at this point as the fact that Jester could easily get sniped during very first round. Now with 6 more HP and much better armor we do not have this problem. Things are looking good! Although he is still very poor at casting his spells reliably for now.

GoMDr10.png

So far we've won every single non-CUP match in the 2nd division. Looking good for Prosper's Children!

ou537hf.png

Although I'd say that if the Stars of Sun is anything to go by with we aren't quite ready for the 1st division yet. Maybe it is very unsportsmanlike, but I think we should lose the next two matches on purpose so that we'll stay in the 2nd division for one more season. We can still go and beat the enemy so that we'll be #1 in terms of KO's again, and to train skills, but then we'll let the enemy win after we've done our thing. There really isn't much to gain by going into the 1st division now, much like when we went into the 2nd division before we were ready. We'll lose money and a whole season worth of stat gains. What do you guys think we should do? Agree to forfeit the next two matches in favor of rolling over these 2nd division chumps one more season or go into the 1st division guns blazing? Whatever choices we choose, we'll see how it will all pans out next time!

Last edited:

Jester

Arbiter
Sorry guys had to hit druidic fountain of youth, messed my spells a bit but i never felt healthier in my life. As for matches i dont mind selling them as long as i can train magic and get cut. Don Alfredo will be pleased.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Chapter 15: Honest sportsmanlike conduct

6oLMPPd.png

We continue where we left our heroes, against the Knights of Cull

yAvmFgY.png

Right off the bat Elfberserker gets hit for heavy damage

qC5JJq3.png

Jester II is still inexperienced at casting magic and fumbles his spells. Our Minotaur is out.

HfcYhu5.png

Azira KO's their Orc, their Elf decides to come take us head on

sQ0xv8n.png

But the Elf is no match against Azira

wBqo8ft.png

Piper slams their Knight with his club, Azira engages him in hopes of knocking him out

Gq98Uqd.png

Their Knight gets a lucky hit (only 22% chance to hit against Azira) and is taken out. Note that the Knights attack alone wasn't enough to take down Azira, but he was slammed against Piper which caused enough extra damage to KO him.

ofLgnIR.png

Piper ends their Knight

2MGLddC.png

Then our Gladiators stop still and do nothing. Jester II is taken out, slowly

eb8Tp1a.png

Eventually the Sorceress runs out of arrows and comes and attacks Piper with whatever weapon she happens to have. Eventually Piper falls down, too.

3ipKxhb.png

The season finals against the Dragonslayers

YKx77qC.png

Elfberserker is going to try and block their ranged attackers giving enough time for Piper and Azira to KO their Bearman and then flank the enemy

Z19RABs.png

But he is snared and cannot move. Piper hits the Bearman but his weapon isn't strong enough to finish him off.

5RWv79F.png

Their Goblin snipers Elfberserker

tj1ribN.png

Azira wrecks their Bearman, hard

deDgbd5.png

They attack the enemy, Jester II practices his healing spells and improves

HKSivsO.png

Piper attacks their Elf and once again doesn't do enough damage to finish him. Jester II keeps improving with his heal spell at an impressive rate.

6pU9YmJ.png

Azira is taken out

5Z60qyw.png

And so is Piper

5tF6B9M.png

They manage to hit Jester II with a spell and he's KO'd as well. And with that we should be staying in the 2nd division for one more season.

VtBFHsJ.png

We still improve a lot with our stats

KRBpVhK.png

Since Dragonslayers was the last one to win against us they get the "honors" of going into the 1st division. Good luck ya idjits!

WJdTStL.png

Here's the new programme for the season

e6oGnVJ.png

King's Champions, a 1st division dropout, has joined us.

sA8xJjf.png

We begin the first match against the Lords of Chaos

VHfUT8R.png

Azira is under heavy magical attack and takes lots of damage since armor does not offer any protection against it. Jester II does his best to keep him alive, but he fizzles his spells a few times.

Sg09DRk.png

Since Jester II didn't have the opportunity to buff our guys at the beginning, our Minotaur isn't strong enough to take down their Lizardman with one attack

sP0gprs.png

But he is still strong enough to stomp their Dwarf

EcPlRVJ.png

Jester II fizzles his heal and Piper is taken down

mbQFBVl.png

Azira finishes off their Lizardman

8dDy4u7.png

Their Minotaur attemps to flank Jester II, blocking him from using magical aid

vtzsHiP.png

Azira is saved from the razors edge by Jester II

zlj8xpS.png

But it's not enough, he still gets taken out

fsajBcz.png

Our Minotaur is better than theirs

dmTg29o.png

Elfberserker tries to close in distance ASAP while the enemy Wizard shoots him with his crossbow

8RCWwxk.png

Our Minotaur finishes the job. We win!

W8ch8hm.png

Afterwards we check out the store, the Mithrillihaarniska (Mithril armor) is on sale. We buy it for Elfberserker. I've a feeling that it will be a good investment! And that's it for this update. Next up will be against the White Wolves, the weakest of the 2nd division. Azira will be sitting this one out in the hospital, so let's hope we'll be ok without him!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom