Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Association Football Manager 2012 and Rage Together

4t4w42.jpg

~~~

Those who know, know. Those who don't know, don't know. I'm pretty sure by now Football Manger classifies as a Class A drug in most civillised countries.

~~~

I'm giving you four choices as to how the LP will play out. As a Prophet of Incline, there are not Biowarian and things will play out very differently depending on what you want.

1. Standard season.
A. Follow me through the managerial ladder as I climb to greatness after starting with nothing.
B. We take charge of a top club of your own choice, kicking ass and taking clean sheets.

2. League of Codexers
A. Using only the skeleton crew of players you yourself provide - we'll dominate the World Stage. Or more likely get relegated from the totally unbalanced team you create.
B. I take no prisoners. I'll wheel and deal and use proper talent, Codexers and professionals mingling shoulder to shoulder, until I decide to ship you off to Siberia just cos you had a bad game.

~~~

Being a fair man. I'll only provide the details after some interest has been shown :smug:

Mostly because hunting down the website that will describe every stat to you, as well as showing you the basics of the game, what you should expect from this LP and each update seems like a lot of work to do without any alcohol on hand.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
2B by taking over a Conference North/South club and playing till you reach the top, and keep track of the careers of all the Codexers who clearly must have world-class stats and shitty temperament. :smug:

:bro: Rock on Bros.

~~~

Moving on to choice number two:

1. Kids, you never win anything with kids.
- Surprisingly enough, the players you design will be bright little things with the whole world theirs for the taking.

A. Imagine someone summoned a MHD in the Barcelona Academy. You are the spawn. Here, I'll manage a Big Club of your choosing in any of the Big Leagues.

B. We all start together as one big happy family down in the lower leagues, until inevitably you leave one by one for better places than fucking Hull Town. Or another unknown team of your choice - snazzy kits is a plus.

2. Free Role.
- I place no restraints on your age and current skill. Same variants as the above with one addition.

C. There is no place for MMORPGs amongst the Codex. You start off unemployed and will probably give me some bullshit wage demand when I try to sign you.

~~~

We get this down and I'll move straight into Character Creation.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Sticking with 1B, but please do try to hire Codexers back whenever you can (even if it's to warm the bench). Fans absolutely love it when their hometown heroes and local boys come back to where they started.

newcomer

Learned
1B

Or make them coaches / other staffs once they reach retirement age. I don't know the mechanics to make that happen though...

And one more thing.. start as a team in the lowest level league in the English league supported by the system
Or heck, just create a club called "Codex" or sth, then begin from Conference North / South (or any other more amateur league out there?)

mondblut

Arcane
1B. Blue Square N/S all the way.

Also, if there is going to be a mondblut, mind it he is ought to be 20 at everything. Okay, you may set injury proneness at 1 :smug:

1B it is.
The LP will begin next week. Life has a wicked habit of throwing shit at you on the rare moments when you have your pants down :thumbsup:

Until then, here is a quality website that will explain the stats used in this game, what they do, what they mean. I'll be using it in the first proper post anyway so there's no reason outside of curiosity to have a look.
http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/players/player-attributes

Cheers.
:bro:

mondblut

Arcane
1B
banbury united (has the perfect name for a codex club)

Banbury_logo.png

The Puritans?! That's outrageous, although the Guy Fox likeness on their crest kinda fits. Either way, they are on tier 7, and the lowest FM has is tier 6. There is a mod adding tiers 7-8 though, but I haven't tried it.

For FM10 I used a mod that allowed all tiers of English football down to I think tier 9. Took my tier 8 local amateur side and had them winning the Premiership and getting a Treble in only 15/20 years - but then fucking forgot to save the .sav on my keystick before the harddrive went capput.

Won't be using mods this game. Not even sure whether I'll aquire a facepack, logopack or a kitpack or any other graphics enhancer.

We'll be taking a team from the Conference. I haven't had a look at the 2012 Editor, so not sure how powerful it is - but if I can, I'll change our kit when getting the personal details embedded into the game, something I'm taking suggestions for.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
The Puritans?! That's outrageous, although the Guy Fox likeness on their crest kinda fits. Either way, they are on tier 7, and the lowest FM has is tier 6. There is a mod adding tiers 7-8 though, but I haven't tried it.
ah... too bad... i liked the irony of it all

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom