Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play by Mail: Hyborian War

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Alright, sorry for the delay but it looks like it took months for enough people to get together and start a game. We are just getting started and already the news has been mixed:

Our wizard Gorehk Longaan has prepared a spell of Force March for our army invading the Jungle Fens. Other than that, the siege train has been prepared and the country will be invading shortly. We have also raised 6 spearmen units, 1 archer unit, and 1 horsemen unit.

Chief Malowi Lalibeha did an adequate counter espionage job but did not find signs of enemy activity in the kingdom. Anglu Segayeha cast his Diplomacy spell on Tyrina Madula to good effect, as she successfully signed a peace treaty between Punt and Zembabwei. We are now protected from that flank and there will be no invasion along our eastern and southeastern flanks. This is the best news of this turn and it means that no armed conflict can occur between our peoples until the next Peace Years session.

Asoza Shakuluzu is with the 2nd Army, which we'll keep to counter possible invasions. Chief Macuta Lalibeha, Gorehk Longaan, and Negek Shakaluzu have joined or remained with the 1st Army, which is the one we are invading with. Chief Irangi Lalibeha, Warchief Kitu Maputa, and Gambila Maputa have spent their time governing the provinces and kingdom.

Our province of Southern Punt is in a bit of chaos though, account of the people not appreciating that their newly assigned ruler of Philiza Segayeha is a corpse. This is the problem with Peace Year turns, as long periods of time can go by and your older court members have a chance of dying. We lost Agent Tyrina Madula and Philiza Segayeha this turn, which is even more unfortunate due to how hugely successful they were for us. Tyrina got us that Peace Treaty and Philiza would have been a strong ruler for the troubled province of Southern Punt. In return we have a new, young nobleman enter our court named Tanalu N'Koseh, but he is rather mediocre and doesn't come near to making up what we lost:

Tanalu N'Koseh
Priest
Prime of Life
Personal Combat: Adequate
Diplomacy: Poor
Rulership: Adequate
Military Command: Poor
Heroism: None
Intrique: Adequate
Magic: None

Our provinces had the following revenue returns: Kasaii was Excellent, The Gold Hills was Superior, and Southern Punt was Adequate and needs a new ruler. Despite the strong revenue returns, we had a slight dip in our treasury due to our war preparations, but we still have a Treasury rated as Good. Our provinces of Kassai and The Golden Hills have High and Very High loyalty to the throne, but Southern Punt now lacks a leader and is down to Low loyalty.

The next turn is the Spring War Season. The loss of two of our best noble members really cripples us and I would expect enemy actions if it were not for the fact that we just came out of the initial peace turn, our Superior counterspy detected no foreign activity, the two seemed to have died of natural causes, and courtiers due sometimes die naturally in peace turns. I lean towards the RNG gods being most unkind to us.

I propose the following:

- Raise the same amount of troops as last time.
- Have the troops we just raised join the 1st Army. If they can't meet up this turn, then they'll plus up the Army afterwards.
- Negek Shakaluzu is a horrible general and he's with the 1st Army in Southern Punt. He may as well drop everything and become the province ruler of Southern Punt in order to fill that gap. As a bonus, he's from that province. Warchief Maputa should rule Kassai, Gambila Maputa the Golden Hills, and Chief Lelibeha rule the kingdom this turn.
- Chief Malowi Lalibeha should Spy on the Kingdom of Kesh.
- I'm tempted to send Anglu Segayeha out to Adventure. Adventuring is dangerous, but can bring lots of rewards such as increased skills and treasure. He's already a badass with Superior Heroism and Excellent Personal Combat, but I'd hate to lose him due to his Excellent intrigue and good list of spells. Alternatively, I can stick him in an army though his generalship is poor and the Army already has Force March prepared by another courtier.
- I may send Tanalu N'Koseh to Southern Punt to help rule there for now, with plans to make him the new ruler of the Jungle Fens if that invasion is successful.

Speaking of the invasion, we have are about to invade that province. Getting out into Open Terrain should be simple. We can elect to go with an Open Field, Set Piece Battle, or Commander's Discretion. Chief Macuta Lalibeha should be the commander with his Excellent military command skill. Gorekh Longaan shouldn't be trusted with any command since he sucks at it, and he's just there to cast his Force March spell if needed.

Thoughts?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So I know that hope is not a plan, but if we go directly for Keshan right now our two sides are likely to battle to a stalemate and exhaust one another. I'm making an attempt to outpace Amazonia and Keshan and grab the Rain Forest and Grasslands of Amazonia before they do. I am also hoping that the Keshan forces get diverted by action to their north and west, allowing us to reach our goals to the south first, then make a grab for our goals to the North. Keshia is also a big goal for us, but if we get lucky and Keshan is run by someone incompetent or someone who falls into bad luck against Stygia or Darfar, then just maybe we'll be so powerful that they won't be able to stop us when we make a final attempt at their capitol.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Man, a lot of stuff went down in Turn 1. We came out on top against Keshan, but now we are in a bind over what to do next. Let me explain.

First, our Golden Hills province was successfully raided by Keshan forces:
"My Lord, I am afraid to report that the Gold Hills has been raided. Gambila Maputa writes that their raid was successful, but informs us also that the province defenses responded valiantly, killing many in the bitter conflict. Her report is as follows: We made advance with caution, at last finding them in a River region. We were 8 troops strong. The Keshanis numbered 6 troops. In support, they had their chariots."

Punt forces:
44th Bloody Spearmen
Royal Spearmen
Jopah's Elite Spearmen
Last Spearmen
Labshaku's Argent Spearmen
Tabanoa's Spearmen
6th Maroon Lion Spearmen
Middle 15th Spearmen

Keshan forces:
4th Green Chariots
Red Crystal Spearmen
Hyrvelat's 36th Spearmen
3rd Cold Knife Spearmen
Lord Sedrat's Blue Chariots
3rd Mountain Chariots

"Our armies met in the early afternoon near a hill. Predcitably, the battlefield near and far became a swirling and confused mass of screaming warriors bent to the task of slaughter. We swept down upon the Keshanis, and suddenly their raiding stopped, and our revenge began!"

There is some flowery language about the battle, but ultimately we lost the Tabanoa's Spearmen and 6th Marioon Lion Spearmen. The 44th Bloody Spearmen unit was damaged, but will recover over time. We destroyed Hyrvelat's 36th Spearmen and 3rd Cold Knife Spearmen. We didn't destroy any Chariot units unfortunately. Since Keshan has chariots, we can't afford to ever fight them on open terrain. This was a loss... but what comes next was excellent.

"Hear now my Lord, the report of thy captains who have been ordered to take the field against the barbarians in the Jungle Fens. My Lord, by your order, it is the 1st Imperial Army which has undertaken to carry out this invasion. Thy host, in glittering array, has crossed the borders of the Jungle Fens and has manuevered to seize the land and bring the Jungle Tribelanders to battle! Know, Lord, that our captains inform us that our warriors are not the only troops foreign to the Western Jungles who yet bivouac in the Jungle Fens. What twisting strands of fate! The Jungle Fens bears the weight of other invaders who would contend with us and the Western Jungles for control of the province! An army of Keshanis stand ready to engage in bloody battle."

Yeah, that's right. Our army had to take on the tribal defenses of the province and then take on the Keshan forces that have invaded at the same time.

Our wizard accompanying the army, Gorehk Longaan, cast Force March, which helped us maneuver our forces to the enemy flank. Our commander, Chief Macuta Lalibeha, expertly engaged the enemy forces. I guess even our new noble, Tanalu N'Koseh did well during the fight. But we outnumbered their forces by 19 units to 4. Likely because the defending army was split between us and the Keshan invaders. Anyway, we destroyed 3 of their 4 units by the end of the battle and their final unit was destroyed during the rout, but then we had to immediately engage the Keshan forces.

The Keshanis had 15 units against our 19, but somehow our wizard and our general managed to hit them from the rear. Looking at the overhead battlemap, our spearmen first engaged their archers while their melee units were out of position. This of course was very bad for Keshan. "War howls like a raging beast from the throats of thousands locked across the battlefield in mortal strife. Completely destroyed in the space of this time were 2 troops of Keshan bowmen. Utterly destroyed in the same space of time were our own Kilastu's Indigo Horsemen."

The battle continued again. "Smashed and sundered from the field during the hour were one troop of Keshan Spearmen and one troop of Keshan Bowmen. Utterly destroyed in the same space of time were our own 48th Serpent Archers.

The third round doesn't go as well, as the Keshanis lost one troop of Keshan Spearmen, but we lost Abeli's Disciple Spearmen and Rat Spearmen.

The fourth round of battle goes better. The Keshanis lose a troop of Keshan Spearmen and a troop of Keshan Bowmen. We lose the Thulpala's Yellow Spearmen and the 22nd Spearmen.

"It was finished. The Keshani host, recognizing defeat, now began to sound the horns for withdrawal. Everywhere those enemy warriors still living began to stream away from the battlefield, attempting to keep good order. Eagerly, we swept forward to catch the enemy on the fly. From what records we have, my Lord, I would estimate that our forces exacted 30,200 Keshani lives as the toll for their retreat. Thus ends the report of our battle with the forces of Keshan. May the heralds long remember the glory of this great victory!

So the Jungle Fens are now ours, and the First Imperial Army of Keshan is crippled for now. Do we push on towards the Grasslands of Amazonia, and if so, what route shall we take? I imagine they will be focusing on defense and rebuilding after their recent losses.

Other news:
Anglu Segayeha died adventuring in an attempt to steal riches from a wizard's tower in a far-away land. Honestly, I don't know why I ever set people to adventure even when they have incredible heroism and combat stats. It's always a fucking suicide mission. You would think it would succeed every so often.

Should we make Tanalu N'Koseh ruler of the Jungle Fens for now? It needs a noble ruler.

Our treasury took a hit from the invasion expenses and the raid, but I hope we can recover.

I guess invading Keshan lands is a no-no right now. They sent an ambassador to agree to a peace treaty with us so we can't attack them. That takes some balls to raid us and then make that proposal, but their ambassador was pretty sly and pulled off the treaty. After getting their asses kicked by us, that means we might just have enough time to outmaneuver them to the Jungle Fens.

Chief Malowi Lalibeha successfully spied on the Keshan military and found the following:

Keshan is planning invasions of the Marshlands Region (not going to happen since we just fucked them in the Jungle Fens and are blocking that move) and the Rain Forest Region, so they are a step ahead of us. They are also planning to raid Taia (not ours...looks like they might poke Stygia). They have 33 spearmen, 16 bowmen, 3 chariot, and 1 darfar savage units. Their troop types have the following ratings:

Spearmen: Good melee, missile, and morale. Movement rate of 3.
Bowmen: Excellent missile, poor melee, good morale. Movement rate of 4.
Chariots: Poor missile, good melee and morale. Movement rate of 5.

The following are their best commanders:
Noble Headman Kabban Gwarlaya (KESH-1)
General Chief Baroni Gadrem (KESH-6)
Hero Seybana Mopsan (KESH-7)

Looks like we need to build up our imperial army once more, find a ruler for the Jungle Fens and build up a defensive militia there, and push on towards the Grasslands of Amazonia. Keshan already has a jump on invading the Rain Forest, so we might have to go for Kchaka if we have any chance to beat them to it. Right now we 55 spearmen, 2 horsemen, and 3 archer units.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
We can swing north to the Parched Lands now while Keshan goes south. After the next peace turn our treaty will be null and void, so we can see if they get bogged down against Stygia and then maybe try to take Keshan or the Rain Forest. Because we have a treaty with Keshan, if they take the Rain Forest next turn and we try to attack the Rain Forest the following turn, the game won't let us invade that territory due to the treaty and it will be a wasted move.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
The Keshan's were trying to cut off our southern expansion options. I like the idea of taking Kchaka to nip that in the bud. Heading into less contested goal territory to the north as Elegy mentioned has its appeal too.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
If I can ask, what HW game number is this game, and also, is it a slow game, a regular game, or an organized game?

We are playing in HW Game 960. I believe I signed up for a regular game. And if there are enough people interested, I do agree we should all get together sometime and do a combined Codex game and share a thread so we can cooperate with one another, talk smack, and so on. I'm pretty much fucked in this game, so I'd be willing to quit it and start a new one soon.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Alright, folks. We are in Turn 3 and are pretty fucked. I'll relay what happened this turn, then explain the geographic situation around us and why we are so screwed.

Gorekh Longaan successfully prepared a Force March spell, so we'll be able to benefit from it the next time our Imperial Army invades a province. Our Imperial Army is set to invade the Parched Lands, but it looks like we will have to cancel that attack as our ally, Zembabwei, has just taken it and we cannot risk alienating them.

I also raised some troops and sent others to guard the Jungle Fens province. This turn I plan to send a few more. We've been burning through our treasury pretty quickly and are now down to an adequate amount of funds. We cannot keep this level of expenditure up for more than three more turns. The biggest cost was our encampment in the country's capital, bordering the Parched Lands.

Our Chief Lalibeha has done wonders in his rule over the entire kingdom of Punt. Gambila Mupata also did well in the Gold Hills. Our other rulers had mixed results.

So I sent Chief Malowi Lalibeha out to do some World Spying, which is usually pretty safe and he did learn a lot to our benefit.

Far away in a land to the west is Zingara. They are currently engaged against Aquilonia and things aren't going well. They tried having one of their members cast a Curse spell on the Aquilonian province of Tarantia, but that failed badly. They are also trying to reincarnate one of their members that passed away, but I am unsure of the cause of death. They are at war with Pictland and have invaded one of their territories, of the Panther Tribe. They also had one of their heroes capture Borus Galargus of Argos. Really, Zingara seems to be having a three-way fight with all of its neighbors and I can't see that ending well.

Zembabwei is spying on our province of The Gold Hills. They may be considering an invasion of our territory after these upcoming peace years are over. A character from Zembabwei spied on his own court, which is one way to identify how good your chancellor and adjutant general is as they are the only characters you are never given stats on. They also have been spying on the large nation of Iranistan, so we can hope that they'll keep their attention to the east and to the north. Zembabwei has taken over the Zembabwei Desert and Parched Lands.

We also learned that a place far to the northeast called Zaporkska (an NPC province) has no plans to make any alliances and that another far off place called Uttara Kuru is avoiding the influence of its neighbors at a good level. Uttara Kulu is another small player kingdom far to the east.

The most important piece of intel we gathered is that we have 7 more war season before the peace years.

We captured an assassin from Kesh. The Keshani Imperial named Impashu Gorulga attempted to kill Chief Malowi Lalibeha, our current spy chief. We have to decide whether or not we'll allow Keshan to get him back, and if so we can dictate the ransom level (poor to superior). I'm leaning towards asking for an excellent level of ransom.

So back to why we are screwed. We are completely blocked off from advancement to the north, as Zembabwei has taken the Parched Lands, preventing us from breaking out that way. This especially sucks, since I decided to forget the south and pivot that way, so our army is oriented to a northern invasion we can no longer go on, which means I wasted both time and a good chunk of our treasury.

Keshan has now taken The Rain Forest and the Black Jungle. Amazonia who is way to the west has taken East Amazonia and the Grasslands of Amazonia. I am guessing that Keshan is going after the Grasslands of Amazonia next, which was our goal, but we have a peace treaty with Keshan, so we can't take the Rain Forest. At this time, our best bet is to take one of the three provinces still available for us to attack, and then spend some time attempting to restore our economy. We can try for Kchaka to the southwest, the Jungle Tribes to the south, or the Marshland to the southeast.

GrimFinger

Literate
We are playing in HW Game 960. I believe I signed up for a regular game. And if there are enough people interested, I do agree we should all get together sometime and do a combined Codex game and share a thread so we can cooperate with one another, talk smack, and so on. I'm pretty much fucked in this game, so I'd be willing to quit it and start a new one soon.

HW-960 is apparently a slow game. See here: https://www.warbarron.com/rok/index.php?threads/hw-960.5307/
You do have to be registered there on The Road of Kings forum site, in order to read and to participate in threads, if memory serves me correctly.

As far as being pretty much fucked in this particular game of Hyborian War, one should keep in mind that Hyborian War is a long term game. You can always build up, and you can also pursue alliances, so that you can move through provinces. If alliances are broken, then you run the risk of your outer-lying imperial armies being cut off, if you send them off on distant military operations.

I recommend trying an organized game of Hyborian War. They even do organized slow games, if you prefer more time between turns. But as a typical game can last a couple of years or more, the time between turns can seem to drag for some.

Finding this discussion thread is truly like encountering a lost tribe of Hyborian War. It's interesting to watch the discussion develop, and even the maps with hand drawn arrows and such is fabulous. On the one hand, the Prime Directive from Star Trek came to my mind. I hate to see contact with a lost tribe result in losing the beauty of the newness to the game quality that permeates this thread. On the other hand, newness carries with it its own set of disadvantages, primarily as it relates to experience deficiencies, which can lead to destruction of your kingdom by conquering opponents before you may even realize what is happening. On the other hand, like most any play by mail game of the postal variety, Hyborian War could always use more players, and the existing Hyborian War player community loves it when fresh blood arrives. You guys are great! You truly are.

A number of years back, I wrote a few Battle Tactics articles to try and help even the playing field for new players. These can be found here, if interested: http://grimfinger.net/BattleTactics.html

I don't recommend that you drop this game, as drop outs always tend to diminish the enjoyment of the remaining players. Rather, I recommend that you continue on, at least for a bit yet, and to use it as a learning position to help you to better grasp the mechanics and rules of the game. I haven't revealed the location of this thread to the Hyborian War player community as a whole, but I also didn't want to leave you all at the mercy of being completely new to the game. Like all games, it has a learning curve, but it really is a great feeling, when new turn results arrive in the mail. Over the course of the game, one tends to experience both good and bad. I recommend taking it all in stride, and don't despair whenever bad luck or misfortune strike. Again, the game is a long term proposition. I hope that you guys hang in there.

GrimFinger

Literate
Also, a group of you can join an organized game together. A number of people who play Hyborian War have been playing the game for more than three decades. They, more than anyone else, really love it when new players flock to the game. Not because you are new, per se, but because they get to play against individuals that they have never played against, before.

If you can get enough players together, then you can even have an all RPG Codex organized game. That would be lovely to watch. You can also join in on games already under way as standby players, for those who like that sort of thing. I joined HW-955 as a standby player in the kingdom of Shem. I am also currently playing in HW-957 as Hyperborea. HW-957 is a special variant game of Hyborian War, the first of its kind. RSI created it, and what makes it special is that 50 turns were run with aggressive kingdom maintenance BEFORE any players issued any turn orders, at all, just so that the map might be changed from a typical starting map, and all kingdoms in the game, both player kingdoms and NPKs (Non-Player kingdoms) alike, would see virtually all of the typical starting characters die off and new characters for the various kingdom courts would inject the game with a hefty dose of freshness.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
The Great ThunThun , if we have four or more people interested in doing a RPG Codex organized game, then yeah, it would be great to have one and have you join us.

GrimFinger , thanks for the info and kind words. Can we create an organized game without joining the Hyborian War forums? I'd like to keep as much of the game experience on the RPG Codex forum as possible, so that our community have an easier time of following our actions.

GrimFinger

Literate
GrimFinger , thanks for the info and kind words. Can we create an organized game without joining the Hyborian War forums? I'd like to keep as much of the game experience on the RPG Codex forum as possible, so that our community have an easier time of following our actions.

Actually, you can. A organized game typically has enough players to fill all of the player kingdom positions in the game, which is 36. It can be hard to get 36 players, sometimes, which is why doing it via the warbarron.com forum (The Road of Kings) can speed things up greatly. You could try to get a handful of players, and ask RSI to put you all into the same game. The problem that you run into going that route is that if everyone else in the game are in as individual players, and not as groups of players of their own, then it could end up with your group ganging up on players.

You have the option of organizing the game on The Road of Kings forum site, but nothing requires you to post there afterwards. The more flexible that you are, the easier and quicker that it tends to be to get a new game of Hyborian War started.

There's also privacy games of Hyborian War, where players don't communicate at all with one another. That always struck me as a boring way to play, personally, but to each their own.

If you like, I could also try to get a group of RPG Codex players inserted into an organized game that is forming currently, but without giving the ROKers (Road of King-ers) your info, which would allow you to play with those guys, but your group could just post about the game on this site's forum.

If you really want in the thick of things, then choose kingdoms in the Northwest portion of the map. Lots of battles there, but you can still get stuck in peace treaties, no matter what kingdom that you play.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Interest seemed to die out on this so I stopped posting. Currently we've been surrounded on all sides and our treasury is just about empty. I threw all our remaining resources at trying to break out north into the Parched Lands, even though we had a peace treaty with Zembabwei, who owned it. After this turn, I converted our First Imperial Army into a defensive army and am planning to stay on the defensive until we can take advantage of one of our neighbor's falling into bad luck. We just can't afford to go on the offensive anymore. On the revenue side, I am setting up a raid of Keshia for next turn. I also had a Keshan assassin up for ransom in our dungeons named Impashu Gorulga, but he escaped with aid of a Keshan hero despite my attempt to Counterspy. I'm sure he'll try to assassinate our court members again. Here is what happened during our last battle:

--

"Reviewing the Ebon Otter Spearmen's standard, Chief Lalibeha readied himself for combat. Assuming charge of the Burak's Horsemen, Gorehk Longaan made a final review of his troops. The fate of the battle would rest on superior courage, not on numbers alone. The moment now broke upon us, as with a roar our lines leapt forward to engage the enemy!

To the right and to the left, our troops began to race forward, fanning wide in an effort to outflank the advancing Zembabweans. At the extremities of our lines began the first clashes with our foes. Steel flashed brightly only to dull with Zembabwean blood. Like a battle of opposing waves, the skirmishers on both sides of the left struggled, with neither emerging at a clear advantage. My Lord, Priest Chief Macuta Lalibeha is to be commended for his service. To his command we must credit much good effect on the conduct of our warriors.

Having waited patiently for his moment, Chief Macuta Lalibeha now signalled for his archers to loose their barrage. Instantly the air became alive with the hiss and scream of our barbs as they fell in sheets towards the Zembabweans. They returned fire and for long minutes a whistling destruction played havoc amongst the front line of both sides. It is accounted, my Lord, that perhaps 100 enemy warriors fell prey to our darts before our lines engaged. Shrieks of the wounded and dying had begun to fill our ears like the massacres of old.

Eager to close the last gap between our ranks, both sides raced forwards in a headlong charge! With a great clatter of steel, the front lines now smashed together, throwing the ranks of both sides into disarray. Sword now rose and spear stabbed as a great slaughter commenced."

Punt sent its entire left line forward in an awesome, brutal assault that spread death throughout the opposing Zembabwean ranks. The chaos in the left flank of the battle line is transformed by the Puntan advance. Smashed and sundered during the hour were 1 enemy troop of Southern Archers. Forever removed were also 1 troop of Southern Archers and 1 troop of Northern Cavalry (enemy forces). Completely overwhelmed were our own Faithful Mantis Spearmen and our Fox Spearmen. (The enemy brought bows to a spear fight).

Punt then sent its whole right line forward, while the Puntan left flank continued to shake off attackers. Forever removed were 1 troops of Southern Archers and 1 troop of Northern Cavalry. We lost our own Thulpala's Blood Spearmen, Ezeon's Fighting Spearmen, Snake 41st Spearmen, and Hill 44th Spearmen. (their cavalry was heavier here)

Our flanks surged forward once more as chaos reigned supreme. Destroyed were 2 troops of Southern Archers and 1 troop of Zembabwean Spearmen and routed were another troop of Southern Archers. Completely overwhelmed were our own Warchief Usan's Spearmen, Akil's Sentinel Spearmen, and Kilastu's Indigo Spearmen.

Finally our center roars as one and joins the battle. During this hour Zembabwei lost 1 troop of Zembabwei Spearmen and 1 troop of Northern Cavalry while Punt lost its Sabertooth 45th Spearmen and Kantak's Spearmen. During the counter-attack, Zembabwei lost 1 troop of Zembabwei Spearmen and 2 troops of Southern Archers, while we lost Jimal's Archers, the Ghost 21st Spearmen, and Toad Spearmen.

Our right flank had been taking the most damage from the Zembabwei cavalry, and other they lost many of their expensive units, they have broken through the Puntan right flank. Zembabwei loses 1 troop of Southern Archers while we lost our Ragged Sapphire Spearmen and Bakah's 29th Spearmen. Our right flank collapses and in the final hour Zembabwei loses 1 troop of Zembabwei Spearmen, but our archers start getting cut down and we lose our 45th Flaming Archers, the (badly named) Unstoppable 2nd archers, and our Gold 12th Spearmen. Our reserve forces of cavalry and infantry (2 each) were on the way, but never arrived in time to make a difference.

"My Lord, our wounds were too grievous, our pride humbled. Across the field our horns of recall were sounded. Falling back by degrees, our captains barking orders to maintain disciplinem we made every effort to withdraw in good order. Bearing down upon us now came the swiftest of the victorious Zembabweans, eager to spill what remained of our blood. No more is there to report. Let us await our day of vengeance. The Parched Lands Region this season rests squarely under the dominion of Zembabwei."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom