Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play: Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein - VetBoB

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gfZnWVoqZ8
Let it run in the background =P

The church was the main strategic point. Even the AI decided so and started running to
it since the beginning of the match. I didn't expect it do so because I've never seen it
doing it so they took the church first. It was recaptured. For a price.

1.jpg

We Germans, descended from Thor himself, taught never to retreat, never to
surrender, taught that death on the battlefield is the greatest glory you could achieve in
your life, Germans - the finest soldiers the world has ever known!

- "Be afraid, Berlin will burn to the ground, the thousand nations of the Allied empire
descend upon you!"

- "What can a man do to save his world?"
- "Instead ask yourself: What can't you do?"

- "You threaten my people with slavery and death!"
- "This is madness!"
- "Maddness?! This is Courage! We will stand and FIGHT!
A NEW AGE HAS BEGUN, AN AGE OF FREEDOM, AND ALL WILL KNOW THAT 300
GERMANS GAVE THEIR LAST BREATH TO DEFEND IT!!! SOLDIERS! TONIGHT WE DINE
IN HELL!!! GIVE THEM NOTHING! BUT TAKE FROM THEM EVERYTHING!!!

piece.jpg

One of the rare eye-candies on the maps.
See the 3 tanks all close by each other? The AI doesn't check what their friends are
doing so in the beginning of the match all 3 tanks fire at the same target. It kinda
defeats the purpose of having a lot of tanks. They do concentrated fire even if you set them all to shoot at a different target.

3.jpg

On this map there is a sweet height advantage for me but i don't know how good it
really is because the LOS is shit. The game gives you line of sight as a line, but instead it
should do something like this with kill-probability percentage. Cant be that hard.
Commandos had a hearing range wave! in pixel grafix fo gods sake...

4.jpg

One of the last major battles. If only the retarded "15 units" limitation wouldn't be there.

7.jpg

Final push for absolute victory.

5.jpg

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Sovard said:
Ultimately, we're all dead men. Sadly, we cannot choose how, but what we can decide is how we meet that end, in order that we are remembered as men.

:salute:

Gladiator

poocolator said:
Do an Operational Art of War (III) LP!! NAO!

I'll settle for earlier iterations, as well. Bah humbug.

Ehhh. No?

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
entertainer said:
Most peoples heads here would explode after you post a screenshot of TOAoW i think

We poor people...

1 - I wanna play TOEE
2 - TOAOW has no campaign
3 - AACOTA has better AI
4 - I have to buy it
5 - LP needs effort and time

Do it yourself

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
And finally the patch is out! It took them a damn long time but now we can all enjoy the German AI calling down artillery upon us.

It's pretty hefty at 400 mb but while the readme is a bit sketchy it does seem to improve the AI.

"This update includes a sizeable amount of graphical improvements and tweaks to units and maps, a few AI improvements in both the tactical and strategic portions of the game, and a variety of bug fixes."

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
They were on "offensive".

untitled3.jpg

That turned out shitty. I thought 5 cm would take Shermans any day. I thought wrong.

untitled5.jpg

Now this map is somewhat realworld like - fucked up terrain, only one road. Technically you have to send infantry to spot shit cause tanks cant and than infantry dies, a lot. And your supporting armor eats bazookas.

untitled7.jpg

Close up, cause its pretty.

untitled8.jpg

Symbolic

untitled.jpg

BethesdaLove

Arbiter
Last but one update.

I actually planned to end it all with a big bang, melodrama and all that but it came like in real life - boring and as expected.

The last of the Mohicans.

lastmohican.jpg

Who has the honor?

untitled1.jpg

И вновь продолжается бой!... (In school I used to sing that in chorus, it was awesome)

ivnovboi.jpg

И Ленин - такой молодой,
И юный Октябрь впереди!

Kill em all! With the gloves off!

allout.jpg

And so it ends...

end.jpg

At least I got some nice archive footage to watch. German Total Victory. On to France! Comrades!

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=21dexrm&s=5

Leave nothing alive.

Barmale_fountain.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom