Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets play Crusader Kings as a Pagan

curry

Arcane
The fighting goes on

My forces quickly crush the Sambian army and begin besieging their only province. The Prussian forces decide to move into Galindia
instead of fighting my army directly. This is great because if nothing goes wrong, I'll be able to annex Sambia soon.

Meanwhile I receive news that Arunas and Maija are expecting their third child.

24w8q43.jpg

I successfully capture Sambia and force their Chief to give into my demands! My realm is now one province larger but I'm still
fighting the nefarious Tribe of Prussians. I'm not sure if I should engange their main army so I'm thinking of besieging their capital instead.

The problem here is that they have now a claim on Sambia and probably won't give up fighting easily.

2iiwtba.jpg

curry

Arcane
Who's your daddy

The Tribe of Prussians offers me a peace but demands Sambia from me in return. It's not going to happen so I turn their insulting offer down.

Luckily I gain the support of a warband and gain the upper hand in this war. I quickly order my troops to engage the Prussian army.

23haagp.jpg

I manage to defeat the Prussian armies and liberate my provinces from their occupation. The Prussians now offer me a white peace but I turn it down and instead lay more claims on their lands!

I now have a claim on Chelminskie. Lets see teach those pesky Prussians who's the Boss Pagan.

jfeloz.jpg

I manage to completely crush their army and occupy their provinces - and finally force them to give me Chelminskie.

I'm now 6 provinces strong which means I've doubled my size. Not bad, but still not enough.
I will now take a while to plan my next move but needless to say I must keep expanding before I crushed by the greedy Christians.

3vi2e.jpg

That's it for tonight. Please don't hesitate to leave comments, questions and suggestions.

Luzur

Good Sir
i always invade the Finnish/Estonian/Polish pagans as Sweden as soon as possible.

once i even created the joint Kingdom of Finland/Duchy of Norrland Empire.

curry

Arcane
Kashmir Slippers said:
What is your efficiency and income? Wouldn't it be better to give your wife or a son a province or two so that your income will be higher?

My income is around 3 and efficiency 50%. :lol:

Yes, I intend to grant titles but at this point it's not useful. I'm running against the clock here, if Poland attacks me, they can still kill me in one go because they are of different religion and don't need claims to take to provinces.

Norfleet

The thought occurs to me that you are going to be so utterly boned as pagans when the Mongols show up. Since the first Mongols are pagan as well, you will not be able to take any provinces from them without going through the entire claims shindig...but they are Mongols and do not have this problem!

curry

Arcane
Titles again

There are three types of titles;

- 1st tier titles are tied to a single province, which for Pagans is Chief and for Christians Count
- 2nd tier titles are tied to a group of usually 3 to 5 provinces, High Chief for Pagans and Duke or Prince for Christians. Having a 2nd tier title allows having 1st tier rulers as vassals
- 3rd tier titles are Kings and they can have 2nd tier rulers are their vassals.

The 2nd and 3rd tier titles can be created with gold if you own atleast 66% of the provinces tied to the title.

In addition to the creatable titles there are a titles that are no tied to land and these titles will be gone for good if the realms
are destroyed without the title changing hands when negotiating peace.

I'm now capable of creating the Duchy-level title of High Chief of Prussia with 100 gold because I own 3 of the 4 provinces required.

Unfortunately I can't afford it right now.

20qclu0.jpg

I decide to get rid of the Tribue of Prussians before someone else makes a move against them. I spend some of my
newly gained prestige to lay a claim and attack them with my now superior army.

9064uq.jpg

Oh no! During the siege of Marienburg, Arunas dies leading his troops and is inherited by the 4-year-old Traidenis.
He is certainly too young to lead our glorious nation during these troublesome times but he will just have to do (because there's no way to replace him...)

20qanwi.jpg

Marienburg is captured and the Tribe of Prussians no longer exists. We are now 7 provinces strong and by far the strongest Pagan nation in the North.
We are still too weak to be a match for Poland but we are no longer helpless either.

xfw7if.jpg

curry

Arcane
Alliances

Young Traidenis of Yatvyagi has ruled only for a short time when he receives an unbelievable offer of alliance from the powerful Principality of Kiev.
The offer is accepted without hesitation and the future of our glorious Pagan nation suddenly looks much brighter.

Alliances are good because when rulers decide who to declare war on, they take alliances into account when calculating the odds.

It is possible that the ally doesn't join a war on your side, though. It's even possible that your ally declares war on you.

Nevertheless, being allied to a powerful neighbour is better than not being allied.

1zejsqe.jpg

The Prince of Kiev is arguably the most powerful Russian Prince in the East, located right East of Poland and South of Polotsk. It looks like they are fighting some minor Muslim nations.

They also have a claim on Polotsk which means if these two get into war, we might be able to grab some land from Polotsk.

znk48l.jpg

curry

Arcane
Northern Expansion

It looks like the Prince of Polotsk has declared war on my dear neighbour High Chief of Lithuanias. I decide to quickly jump in and take some land before he takes it all!

n9zr8.jpg

Meanwhile it's time to decide how the bastard brother Jogailas will be educated. We need good commanders for our Pagan forces so he will be edcated to become an officer.

2napcbc.jpg

As we capture and annex the province of Zhmud, the High Chief of Lithuanians unexpectedly signs a peace with the Christians who unjustly attacked their nation! Now it's just us and them in a one on one war.

nzkf4l.jpg

I get informed that a claim holder of Aukshayts named Narymuntas wishes to join my court. If I defeat the Tribe of Lithuanians, I will be able to install him as the new Chief of Aukshayts. Since I don't have a claim on Aukshayts myself and can't afford one, I accept his offer.

14nzh39.jpg

Right before Aukshayts falls, I have enough prestige to lay a claim on their title after all. Poor Narymuntas won't become a Chief - atleast not yet.

Meanwhile it looks like the Principality of Polotsk is having a hard time fighting Pagans. They've even lost some land to the Pagans.

35n3mn6.jpg

curry

Arcane
Head Pagan in Charge

It looks like our hated enemies - the Christians of the Principality of Polotsk - are neck deep in a war and temporarily weakened.
It is time to launch a surprise attack and cut off the snake's head!

6s8gb9.jpg

Polotsk falls without much trouble. Now it's to turn attention to the Polotskian vassals. We are losing a lot of money and gaining
a lot of infamy but it will hopefully be worth it in the long run.

It won't take long until we have adult dynasty members to grant landed titles to.

2u7muso.jpg

On no! The traitorous Tribe of Zemigalians declares war on us while we are still fighting in the south.
It's time to end this war quickly and then teach those nasty Zemigalians a lesson. :obviously:

2wg9ezp.jpg

I manage to deafeat the Zemigalians and take their lands but unfortunately the Principality of Kiev has also expanded and they now surround me from every direction.
It's inevitable that we'll have to fight them later but now I just need to recover for a while.

Two more provinces and 2600 gold and I will be able to create the Kingdom of Lithuania. :salute:

34h7teb.jpg

curry

Arcane
Gondolin said:
How are you going to get out of that debt?

I'll probably just wait. Eventually I will

a) grant titles to dynasty vassals and lose the efficiency penalty for having oversized demesne
b) research new technology that allows me to raise higher taxes
c) hopefully get events that give gold

It's also possible to beat someone big and force them to give me a mad amount of gold for peace. Too bad there are no rich but small neighbours around. :roll:

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
curry said:
It's also possible to beat someone big and force them to give me a mad amount of gold for peace. Too bad there are no rich but small neighbours around. :roll:

Just wait about ten to twenty years. Random count vassals that break away from me routinely offer me 5000+ gold for peace the moment that I start occupying their provinces. If you can keep them from fighting in wars they should be swimming in gold because they can't seem to build more than one building in a decade.

curry

Arcane
The First Vassal

My next move will be taking myself another title of a High Chief instead of just capturing provinces for myself.
I decide to challenge the High Chief of Curonia and launch an attack on them.

Having titles is useful because they generate prestige which in turn allows me to lay more claims that I need for wars.

25yxg2c.jpg

The constant warring has again taken its toll on my economy. Every now and then I get a bad event increasing my debt.

My Kievan allies have started a war of their own but I must politely refuse taking part in it.

b48as1.jpg

The Curonians are subjugated and I'm now their leader. Too bad their former High Chief is still the Chief of Memel and Kurs - and his
loyalty is rapidly decreasing due to our massive infamy from all these wars. He will most likely rebel soon which means we will gain claims on his titles.

2s8mlxl.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom