Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Let's Play Darkest Hour: Der Untergang 卐Germany, 1945卐

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Cassidy, Nov 4, 2013.

1. WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
    Bump the fucker.

^ Top  
  2. Cassidy Arcane

Cassidy
    The style of narration in this update will be different, as it is the prelude for something. I hope you enjoy it

=================

[​IMG]
    Endspiel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: "Herr President, do you believe in these reports?"

[​IMG]: "As your father knew so well, the Vril Society was very real, Heinz-Günther Guderian, but nothing compared to the secret societies which inspired its formation. I admit these Intelligence reports might take some conclusions about NATO and Soviet policies more far-fetched than what would be rational, but after everything we have seen, everything we have faced, doesn't it make you wonder?"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: "Wonder about what, Karl?"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: "Why did the Soviet Union invade our country in 1953? They had a lot more to lose than to win when that horrible war started. And now, despite being put in the blink of nuclear annihilation back then, despite our vast nuclear arsenals, despite their awareness of the consequences of another total war, why are they obviously building up for Weltkrieg 4?"

[​IMG]: "Because they are, like most Bolshevik tyrants, insane?"

[​IMG]: "How I wish this was the only answer. I will spare you the details, Guderian, but you must know that Eurasia is only one of the many puppets of our true enemy, and that we must be prepared for anything, including total nuclear war. I have authorized the construction of vast Fallout shelters all over Germany, to ensure the survival of our country no matter what they send against us, because they will drag this world into atomic ruin to achieve their objectives if they find it necessary."

Meanwhile, somewhere else:

[​IMG]

Deus Ex: Intro Sequence theme

[​IMG]: Your appointment to the Politburo should be finalized within the week. I already discussed the matter with Mao.

???: I take he was agreeable?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: He didn't really have a choice.

???: Has the Communist party been completely infiltrated?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: We created those Communist Parties, most certainly! When I mentioned to him he would be eaten alive by his 'comrades' if he refused, he was so willing it was almost pathetic.

???: Germany is growing so powerful we may not be able to contain it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Why contain it? Let them spill over Siberia. Let them exchange their nukes with Eurasia. In the end, we will have their technology and they will beg for us to save them.

???: Intelligence indicates problems in Australia and Basque country, Spain, and of course, they still have almost complete control over Central Europe. The Neanderthals are not going down quietly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: A bunch of pretentious old fossils playing at running the world, but the world left them behind long ago. We are the future!

???: I hope you are not underestimating them. We have other problems.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: The United States? Our complete puppets after we took care of that annoying John Kennedy. I have the entire White House in my pocket. Independent Party? Never will win the elections there we rigged so perfectly. Public Opinion? We control every television broadcaster outside of Germany's Sphere of Influence."

???: I'm more concerned about the German Scientific projects.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: There is no valuable resource in outer space they could use against us, no inhabitable planet for them to flee to after the world is ours and their ethical inflexibility have allowed us to make progress in areas they refuse to consider.

???: The MK-ULTRA Project?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Among other things. But I must admit I am somewhat disappointed with the performance of the Soviet Union.

???: Their defeat in WW3 have made it necessary a fourth world war to ensure our New World Order, but the Secondary Red Units should be operational soon, and if necessary, Eurasia will be terminated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: We have to endure much, you and I.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: But soon, there will be order again, a New Age! Nothing those who stand against us have will be able to stop it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Aquinas spoke of the mythical city on the Hill.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Soon that City will be a reality.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: A reality constructed by many things: vast computerized surveillance systems such as Echelon-1 and other projects of our American puppets with

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: technologies we take away from those old Neanderthal fossils,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: an unstoppable tide of red tempered by nuclear winter,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: and if even they try to escape from our New World Order through Mars, they will fail.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Perhaps the setback in the previous world war was the will of our great snake god, for this will be the greatest human sacrifice in all of History, that will surely please our mighty god!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: And it shall be the Germans the ones who will be involuntarily praising our god with their mass murder of the Soviet conscripts, truly a masterwork plan that will soon reach its final stage with your influence in the Politburo.

???: I am waiting for their armies to grow even more massive first before the final stage, as you advised.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Everything like a clockwork! Our old Neanderthal foes are desperate. They can smell the death of their race and the sounds they make building bunkers will fall silent once it happens!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Look at those drones our spies discovered the Germans are researching! We could use them to ensure the complete subjugation of the Sapiens, have that Obama we plan to make president of America by the 21st Century ordered to unleash them! Like always, even now, the 'thals are working for us!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: I am so proud of all of this, everything fits perfectly, just as planned! The embargo is convenient to ensure the monopoly of computer companies we control over North America is not threatened by the Neanderthal computer technology, such embargo is such a minor detail in our great plan yet such a stroke of genius, far more important than Novgorod ever was.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: May the snake god have plenty of sacrifice delivered by the Luftwaffe,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: By the extermination of those disgusting hybrids of our kind with Neanderthals and of the always expendable sapiens,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: And by the blue screens of death consecrated to his name! HAHAHA!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: All that technology will be in our hands. We have no enemies in the end, because all are our puppets!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: For the world was always destined to be in our hands, and the only imperfection to this destiny will soon be over. The city on the Hill I quoted Aquinas about, it is not so far now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Now that the Germans invented it, do not forget to bribe some congressmen in the countries we rule over from the shadows about SOPA, PIPA, ACTA and all the other projects we have already drafted to ensure the Internet will not become beyond our complete control! We must have a totally perfect plan to achieve the New World Order.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: And once everything else succeeds, crush Poland. Their unwavering faith to the enemy of our god and their ability to go into space are an affront to us! Let us offer the sacrifice of Poland to the snake god!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Hurry up with the plan, the Neanderthals are growing more powerful than our plans accounted for, they even surpassed the economy of the United States, and we cannot allow them to reach Mars! Have you secured full control of Eurasia already? Should I summon the snake god to bring the Soviets reinforcements disguised as humans?

???: Enduring that bureaucracy is hard even when you control it, but yes, summon our great god around 1970, everything will be ready then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: If they put down our spy satellites Echelon-1 will be handicapped. Get on with it!

[​IMG]

???: Einstein must be rolling over in his grave for this. I am ready for the final stage!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Now, back to the City on the Hill, the time has come at last for it to become a reality!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: And we shall be crowned its kings,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]: Or better than kings, GODS!

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 10
    ^ Top  
  3. WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
    Sticks and Stones, baby.

^ Top  
  4. Insane Psychic Cipher Patron

Insane Psychic
    Mein Gott! Itz finally here.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  5. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    ITZ ITZ ITZ ITZ ITZ ITZ

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. LusciousPear Savant

LusciousPear
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    Infinite brofists for Deus Ex and manboon extinction.

^ Top  
  7. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    Zstereyotipical Zuperior German Science shall have the sharpest sticks and the biggest, heaviest rocks!

With all those divisions, I hope the Eurocorp has not abandoned necessary skills such as bayonet fighting, because the bullets aren't enough for that conscript ITZ horde.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  8. Cassidy Arcane

Cassidy
    I think you haven't grasped the inevitability of ITZ:

Even if Germany turn the tides in a conventional war, the Soviet Eurasia has a nuclear arsenal and ICBMs, and anything not involving the total annihilation of Bolshevism will simply delay the inevitable for another war. If they wait for that or the opposite: the reds being a few kilometers from Berlin, to happen, once they are on the eve of their victory or defeat, the Soviets will have even more nukes, and ITZ will be even worse.

I had some technical problems involving the AI not going ITZ-happy properly which made MAD change into boring unilaterally assured destruction and stupid AI flinging ICBMs with conventional warheads thinking the rest of the world can check whether those ICBMs are just common explosives or nukes so they won't launch their entire stockpile nuclear-loaded ICBMs in reaction. The only solution to the fact this game is shitty at simulating MAD dynamics I see is to make the Ultimate DOOM Expansion Set for Earth inevitable.

*Edit: I failed to fix those, which means it is pointless to continue this.

Sorry, but this is the only end left to show now, and what would actually have happened if this game didn't have nukes automatically used but instead set in a MAD system by default. This whole AAR gave me ideas for modding a mostly realistic rather than 50s pulp SCIENCE! post-nuclear scenario, but don't expect anything any time soon:

======================

Vierter Weltkrieg

[​IMG]

War, war never changes.

The Fourth World War was the shortest world war in the History of mankind. When the warnings of Eurasian ICBMs sighted heading towards Germany arrived to Karl Dönitz a few days after the beginning of the hostilities, The president ordered for all of the over 50 nuclear warheads of Germany to be launched against the most valuable targets in Eurasian territory, prompting the Bolsheviks to react likewise, and for NATO to finish the annihilation of Eurasia Germany started.

In a few days, most of the planet was reduced to cinders, billions of lives lost to the wind. The radioactive fallout has spread everywhere, killing crops, people and dooming even those not directly involved in the conflict. There were no winners in the Fourth World War, and the very continued survival of the human race was unlikely. In Central Europe only those few hundreds of thousands who managed to find shelter in the handful of already constructed German vaults have managed to survive in the long term. It was not like in the pulp comics and movies: those who survived outside were inevitably doomed to a third generation made exclusively of stillborn children because of radiation, and then extinction.

After the bombs, four generations of German Vault Dwellers have lived without knowledge of the outside world, but the scars of war have not yet healed, and the world has not yet forgotten. Life in the Vaterland, is about to change.

END???

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  9. WhiskeyWolf RPG Codex Polish Car Thief Patron

WhiskeyWolf
  10. Infantryman Scholar

Infantryman
    With Germany so much ahead in terms of technology, wouldn't they have developed anti-ICBM defence by then? Oh, well the game would have ended pretty soon anyway because of "Computer games industry" tech, which would inevitably trigger this weird "Hoiception" event.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Insane Psychic Cipher Patron

Insane Psychic
    FFS Cassidy, you damnable tease.

^ Top  
  12. Corporate_Jew_Master Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
  13. exe Augur

exe
    Couldn't you just load as Eurasia and make them launch all their nukes? I don't think they can be stopped once they get launched.

^ Top  
  14. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    There's not much point to the game once dozens of nukes start flying. HoI2 doesn't really model that sort of thing at all.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Cassidy Arcane

Cassidy
    Yes, which is why it's better to just fast-forward through ITZ instead.

What SwordOfJustice created is truly the most impressive mod/total conversion ever done and "completed" for old Europa Engine.

Of course creating a "realistic" post-apocalyptic scenario is arguably easier in the modding part, but harder in the design part of it. Maybe Grimoire will get released first than this mod... time will tell. It proved harder than I thought, but I already put enough into it to not want to throw it all away. Obviously the map will be different from the one used in this thread. Because detailing post-ITZ in an interesting and fun way would require way too many different playable countries, it will be exclusively centered on Europe like Fallout: Doomsday is centered on Kwa'.

[​IMG]

I couldn't have picked a more fitting start date. The Brotherhood ofSteel the Iron Cross, to have its real territories and etc done after I fix the terrain types to simulate climate change caused by ITZ and the map, will be the direct successors of the German government before ITZ, except they long abandoned all Demokwacy. They are successors in essence rather than form. Still need a lot of stuff done. I'll create a No Man's Land AI only "country" that has the same role it has in the Fallout: Doomsday mod, representing regions that are either completely depopulated after ITZ or devoid of any kind of societal order beyond the purest barbarism. Long, long way to go, as I mentioned.

Also I intend to make some radical terrain changes, mostly realistic. So I must ask if you had any ideas or suggestions about that, GarfunkeL:

Given enough Nuclear exchanges, could regions across Europe become deserts instead of plains? In the mod plains will simulate regions where enough flora/grassland survived ITZ and there is still enough rainfall and drainage for them to not end as the wastelands. I'm trying to depict in the map a really depressing, desolate, Earth 2150 esque Earth minus the silly orbit change.

The Brotherhood of Iron's objective, is far more applied than the one of the Brotherhood of Steel, for they are rediscovering technology not only for its own sake, but for the sake of eventually being able to carry on with the manned mission to Mars Germany was about to launch when WW4 almost decimated mankind, and then attempt to terraform and colonize Mars. They are basically descendants of military, civilians, astronauts and German Space Agency scientists who survived ITZ, organized themselves more or less like a military order and kept mostly to working German vaults within East Prussia from 1970 to 2039. tl;dr They want to go into space.

Sending a manned mission to Mars will be one of the ways to end the game, and I am tempted to make exploration and expansion mandatory for tech-centered factions by having certain techs only triggered as possible to research if the faction owns province x where pre-war research facilities existed, instead of the way it triggers in vanilla for secret projects.

Still lots of stuff to do.

I'm also interested in any ideas of post-nuclear factions in European countries, specially Central and Eastern Europe. Independent post-nuclear Crimea obviously will be featured so no need to suggest it. Defeat of melonheads who have no interest in the betterment of mankind sped human technological progress, with Germany having mid 1990s PCs, widespread Internet and supercomputers almost 30 years ahead of time and about to send a manned mission to Mars when ITZ happened, so real AIs are pushing, but not breaking the mood, therefore a kind of less advanced "Robot Nation" could exist. However, super-mutants, oversize ants/etc and "ghouls" are definitively out of question, although I might add skyways hunting for artifacts, specially the big one that grant wishes in a very troll way, where it is appropriate, specially because the specific region of Chernobyl is defined in the E3 Map and having whole Eastern Europe as a depopulated region would not be as fun, so while I won't export the silly 50s SCIENCE! from Fallout, I will try to put as much of a 1960s vibe as I can, some subtle Cleveology and some ALIENS! ... maybe.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  16. Corporate_Jew_Master Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
  17. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    Unfortunately not, if you want to remain realistic. The old models that predicted total nuclear winter and the resulting death of most flora and fauna, turned out to be flawed. They assumed that Earth is a billiard ball and din't consider atmosphere or the water cycle and so on. So, even a massive exchange of nukes would not turn Europe into a desert. What would/could happen, is that many forested areas would have been burned (as well as all the cities) down, leading to a lot more grassy plains.

So I would recommend throwing boring realism out of the window, and just plod down whatever terrain you want.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. The Brazilian Slaughter Arcane

The Brazilian Slaughter
    YOu know what lots of grassy plains tend to lure?
    These guys:
    [​IMG]

"Greetings, I heard all sort of foul unruly dogs have been unleashed by the devastation of Europe, so perhaps what you need is a... Tartar Yoke?"

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. CaptainAwesome Arcane

CaptainAwesome
    The Asiatic hordes of Eurasia return to plague the battered lands of Europe, for a final climactic struggle that will either save civilization or doom it forever, the vast collection of rape-gangs and fanatics laying waste to all before them in a vast orgy of looting and destruction as bandits and outlaws flock to their banner, a degenerate dagger aimed at the last remnants of sanity?

Neat. Perhaps the invasion could be modeled as a mix of the Mongol invasions in Crusader Kings and the return of the Chosen One in Fallout: Doomsday?

^ Top  
  20. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    Some ideas:

Cossacks utilise the chaos and destruction of nuclear warfare to establish a powerful Cossack state. Their traditional training, nomadic skills and preparation lends them well to the post-nuke environment and they form a powerful military caste with surrounding non-cossacks as slaves/serfs

A Dugin style Turko-Slavic-Central Asian Eurasia

Fragmented Britain (Ulster, Cornwall, Scotland, Wales etc) + obligatory Sultanate of London

Independent Lega Nord in Italy

Revived Islamic Caliphate

Australia and New Zealand fused

Independent Basque state where the Neanderthal genes flow purest

United States fragmented along ethnic and political lines

In honour of the good HHR, an independent and enlarged Quebec

Warring Scandinavia between a Muslim southern Sweden vs non-Muslim Norway and Denmark

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Corporate_Jew_Master Arcane

Corporate_Jew_Master
    Also have a 10 coastal/land fort area in southern Australia called "Cleve's Bunker" and make it the capital of Australasia.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  22. oscar Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

oscar
    Japan divided into many small and squabbling but technologically advanced regional states (led by former corporate leaders turned samurai forming the powerful Suzuki, Toyota, Canon, Mitsubishi and Honda clans). Or perhaps something akin to Hanachirasu.

North Korea that has united the peninsular and expanded into Manchuria while forming a unique blend of juche and divine monarchy under the Kim dynasty and is an industrial powerhouse of the region (though perhaps lacking good tech teams despite a high IC and big army). Could decide to head north to Siberia, push south and west into China or even take advantage of Japanese disunity to establish Kim dominance over the uppity samurai.

In China, Taiwan managed to take advantage of ITZ to retake some of the coastline but is still duelling with the CCP who control the interior and have much more manpower (but less IC) and in this timeline never got a chance to abandon their Maoist roots. The CCP also faces a long and bitter war with Muslim Uighurs in the west.

India divided along religious lines with Hindu traditionalists, Pakistani Muslims and Sikhs battling it out for control of the sub-continent. If Goa remained in Portuguese hands in this timeline perhaps many Portuguese fled there to avoid the nuclear exchange and Eurasian-Eurocorp war, establishing a Catholic enclave.

I think small but powerful and advanced city-states could be a fun idea. So we could have one province states like Hong Kong or Singapore but with a lot of IC, fortifications and small but advanced airforces and navies having to fend off (and perhaps establish their dominance over) larger and jealous but more primitive neighbours who rely upon their greater manpower.

Out of curiosity, what types of sliders are you thinking of using? The same left-right stuff or some new dichotomies? Could help in brainstorming potential states.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    ^ Top  
  23. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    Probably best to leave large chunks of the world deserted and/or destroyed, if you want to really reach that traditional post-apoc feeling.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Cassidy Arcane

Cassidy
    Sorry to disappoint you, but this mod will have no factions outside Europe for a multitude of reasons, first and foremost because it is too much for only one person and second because it will be more interesting to detail Europe in depth. Like those scenarios in Hearts of Iron 2, all outside Europe will be blacked out permanently(and that naturally includes Georgia, although considering how many times it was nuked, at this point it is literally a No Man's Land). Most of the provinces will belong to "No Man's Land", a "country" like the one called Wastelands in the Fallout mod, most of the "No Man's Land" provinces will be utterly devoid of any resources or manpower, and by events the minor pockets of civilization can have some chances to expand.

Furthermore many migrations have happened by 2039. For example I already am basing UK on the premise Britain was completely and utterly depopulated, the last survivors extinct after a third post-nuclear generation of stillborn children (Threads is Canon), and after radiation settled down, it began to be resettled by insular Irishmen who still spoke Irish rather than English. Because the last pockets of people who spoke the Celtic Irish language were far more likely to survive than denizens of large urban centers, they will become the new cultural basis for Britain, the nukes finishing off millennia of Anglo-Saxon occupation and allowing for several fragmented Celtic factions to arise and reclaim the clay from its ruins from the 1980s to 2039, but they are competing with some people from Iceland for that.

Thus I'm also considering a reenactment of the Mongol invasions in Eastern Europe, with all Eastern European post-apocalyptic factions having a hard time with kebab.

Switzerland have survived ITZ as a whole country, although it still hit them hard, and some of the tiny countries in Europe like Luxembourg, Vatican, San Marino, Andorra, Monaco and Liechtenstein will definitively be featured as they managed to survive ITZ without collapse of law and order within them. Liechtenstein will probably be playable with their surviving royal family having the dream of restoring the old Kaiserreich from the post-nuclear ruins of Germany and it may have become a feudal principality considering what happened. Switzerland will be either the second of the German Monarchists after Liechtenstein or the /pol/ of Europe with a strong survivalist and Lolbertarian culture that would have voted for Ron Paul were they Kwans.

Considering all the depopulation caused by ITZ and the migratory waves from survivors of the countries that were not directly hit by nukes, I'm also tempted to add Algerians in post-ITZ Southern France, Moroccans in Iberia, Libyans in Southern Italy and Jews settling a new Israel in a totally depopulated Levant because of Palestine and Jordan being Germany allies and got nuked hard by the Eurasian hordes. And ITZ made the Jihadi even crazier and more fanatical.

Finland was neutral during ITZ, survived through and Finns are expanding southwards through an almost depopulated Eastern Europe. The tables are turned and the last remaining Russians are losing territory to nomadic hordes and Finns by 2039.

Thanks to the heavy influence of Eurocorp over Sweden, they never allowed the diversity enrichment to happen in the first place. The world ended in 1970. I doubt Sweden was a hellhole of multikult in 1970, specially in a world where there was a clear ideological counterpart and superpower opposing the libruls of Kwanstain. North African diversity enrichers migrating to post-ITZ southern Europe is far more plausible.

Liberty vs. Authority (democratic <-> authoritarian) - not all societies that prize liberty in this post-ITZ scenario are "democracies", and depending on the slider below that might mean "liberty" to swing machetes, ride bikes, kill anyone on their way and rape the weak. Whether a society is authoritarian or not will depend exclusively on this slider rather than like in the default setup.

Survival vs. Morality ( Left <-> Right ) - Rather than ideological, it is far more philosophical. Survival-focused societies have abandoned any pretense of morality or standing for a greater ideal, being ruthlessly pragmatic and/or nihilistic, for they believe in neither a right-wing or left-wing ideal, because after ITZ such societies became barbaric and devoid of political, religious or moral values above survival and hedonism. They are bleak places to live at. I'll see if it's possible to add modifiers instead of it being purely cosmetic like vanilla.

Diversity vs. Supremacy (Open <-> Closed Society) - I think this one needs no introductions, but in gameplay diversity brings greater dissent problems, allows occupied provinces by enemies to become cores for the enemies if they remain under occupation for enough time, reduces industrial and supply efficiency and increases the demand for consumer goods, while giving an income bonus and easier time integrating "No Man's Land" and gaining cores, while Cultural Supremacy ensures a far more stable society, less consumer goods demand, impossibility of enemies ever gaining cores in occupied territories, increased industrial and supply efficiency, but reduced money income and a much longer time to gain cores. Unlike in FODD, I'm thinking of making cores matter a lot more.

Private vs. Public (Free market <--> Central planning) - Private means an economy controlled by individuals, whether feudal lords, small businessmen, self-employed workers, workers cooperatives, or a new generation of post-nuclear corporate moguls, obviously, while public has different meanings depending on the other sliders above, from the old planned economic model and mixed models to more decentralized forms of communal economics.

Military Order vs. Conscription (Standing <-> Drafted Army) - Military Orders like the Brotherhood of the Iron Cross have very selective, strict criteria for accepting new recruits to their ranks, which improves the quality of their soldiers at the expense of less manpower, severely less manpower actually, and the effects of each extreme of this slider will be far more extreme than the effects of the sliders in vanilla. I will try to balance them(the manpower system in Darkest Hour Full makes no sense for this mod so it will have oldschool MP system instead). Both options will be interesting for either low MP or high MP per IC factions.

Power vs. Wealth (hawk <-> dove lobby) - The money bonus from the latter will be much bigger than in vanilla, and I think I'll add a mercenary recruitment decision chain to this mod, so while Power factions can build and upgrade their forces faster and have more manpower, Wealth focused factions will be able to put out a fight with the mercenary forces they can afford much better due to their nature, but their units will have less morale. Sort like Wealth vs. Power ideas in Alpha Centauri.

Expansion vs. Reconstruction (Interventionism <-> Isolationism) - "Isolationism" means caring about rebuilding their own society and civilization first and foremost at the expense of expanding and intervening for or against other pockets of civilization and will have some far more useful bonuses than vanilla to the point the optimal choice will not be as obvious. While expansion reduces consumer goods demand and allow countries mostly with moved on Liberty slider to declare war as before, Reconstruction will speed up IC production and all other construction options and boost IC and supply efficiency.

I am also considering to make it impossible for AI or players to move the two first sliders except for events or decisions.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.