Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lets Play DoomRL! For Graphics whores!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
And here we are.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Epic update time!

DRLc0001.png

Bee shall be our new solider to defeat the hordes of hell.
DRLc0002.png

Hmm, things start off pretty rough. Getting ambushed a lot before intuition 2 even kicks in.
DRLc0003.png

Well shit. So much for Bee.
DRLc0004.png

Stasgard will be the one!
DRLc0005.png

Going for a different build again, we can't assume we'll get a nice pistol weapon when we need it.
DRLc0006.png

I used a light medkit but it wasn't really necessary, with intuition 2 and a shotgun, I can clear the arena without taking any damage at all, unless they spawn in in a really mean way.
DRLc0007.png

Shit. I underestimated this guy's damage again. :salute: Stasgard.
DRLc0008.png

Lindblum didn't even get to pick up the trusty shotgun.
DRLc0009.png

But our new hero is making progress! Juggler will help us adapt to situations quickly with the appropriate weapon. It's extremely useful on any non weapon restricted challenge. It also helps us avoid reloading in battle. So who is this gun slinging wonder?
DRLc0010.png

It is... CappenVarra ! A supercharge helps us wear down the arena master.
DRLc0011.png

But we're still getting outgunned pretty badly. I really should have used the rocket launcher. We get blasted next to a Cacodemon, so I instant swap to the shotgun to blast it away. It's still in firing range, but just barely, and it's shot pushes us even farther back.
DRLc0012.png

Back towards sources of healing!
DRLc0013.png

Arena master goes does under the guns of his allies.
DRLc0014.png

We snag the staff and use it to wipe out the formers around us along with our chaingun.
DRLc0015.png

Equipment is looking respectable now, finally. Interesting new feature in this patch: items can give a dodge bonus now. Note that dodge chance is what is applied when moving to avoid a shot, not random miss chance. But even 10% is rather nice.
DRLc0016.png

We take a lot of fire at the wall too.
DRLc0017.png

Reloading the rocket launcher is taking too long, so I switch to the chaingun.
DRLc0018.png

We take out the wall and proceed to the anomally. Standard shotgun+ run tactic works out just fine for the lost souls.
DRLc0019.png

This time, we are going to abuse the power of heavily modified equipment. Assuming we get enough mods.
DRLc0020.png

But I intend to complete the armory and probably the mortuary again, so we should have plenty of those.
DRLc0021.png

The armory is incredibly dissapointing however. Not even a plasma rifle for us.
DRLc0022.png

The shambler falls to our unmodded chainsaw. Our weaponry is starting to lag here.
DRLc0023.png

But the reward pack makes this trip well worthwhile. This used to be insanely useful all on it's own; before this patch weapons with this used on it regenerated 1 ammo per action, so you could fire a rocket launcher or shotgun endlessly without ever reloading.
DRLc0024.png

With the new patch though, the ammo regen is scaled to the clip size. Though it might have still be pretty effective on the missile launcher, especially with a bulk mod.
DRLc0025.png

Knowledge of an old secret helps us out here. We don't need an envirosuit any time soon, but this supercharge is a life saver. Now, to use that nanopack...
DRLc0026.png

Muahaha. Now THAT is some god damned armor ladies and gentlemen. Our offense may be lack, but or defense no longer is. But wait, there's more!
DRLc0027.png

The second level of Whizkid not only allows for even more mods to be used (unlocking the greatest assemblies in the game) it allows assemblies to be modified once even after they are completed! Now our armor even enhances our speed!
DRLc0028.png

We start getting some sort of error messages here.
DRLc0029.png

But we can continue on.
DRLc0030.png

It seems related to the movement of the lava. At any rate, this place is a joke for us. I kill most of the enemies with the chainsaw just for fun.
DRLc0031.png

What kind of shitty spawn location is this?!
DRLc0032.png

Though are offense is still lacking (though level 2 finesse definitely helps) I decide to work on making our defense even better. TaN will let us shrug off even armor piercing plasma damage fairly easily.
DRLc0033.png

Our chainsaw gets tricked out with some mods. Alas, we cannot stack multiple mods of the same type on a melee weapon.
DRLc0034.png

We manage to build a tactical shotgun as well though, and use it to clear the city of skulls with ease.
DRLc0035.png

We'll be putting those skulls to good use, and the BFG and it's ammo supply as well.
DRLc0036.png

Barrels aren't even that scary for us honestly. Though we lack berserker for defense, our armor is giving us 50% fire resist at all times anyways, plus the flat reduction.
DRLc0037.png

Further chainsaw modification. This is about as strong as we can make it.
DRLc0038.png

We are speedy fuckers now.
DRLc0039.png

Arachnotrons are strategically dealt with using a plasma rifle, shotgun, and chainsaw.
DRLc0040.png

And we accumulate ever more xp.
DRLc0041.png

Running out of ammo like this isn't a big deal since we have juggler.
DRLc0042.png

Instant weapon swaps are VERY useful. A pity it only applies to secondary or quick keyed weapons.
DRLc0043.png

A valuable item? About time. Hopefully a useful weapon.
DRLc0044.png

Hmmm, the Hell Staff. Interesting.
DRLc0045.png

The hellstaff is a reusable phase device that exhausts you when used. Definitely a nice find.
DRLc0046.png

Technically I could have nuked this level, but I decided not to.
DRLc0047.png

Fucker managed to hit me! I thought dodging was guaranteed agaisnt his rockets. I guess not at short range.
DRLc0048.png

We get into melee anyways though. He hits really fucking hard, but so do we. Though our armor is getting thrashed.
DRLc0049.png

But we are victorious!
DRLc0050.png

The powered armor regenerates in an odd way: you need to be out of combat for a bit first, but then it regens 5% per tick!
DRLc0051.png

We find some more special armor. Though the powered armor would likely have been good enough for the UC. If we still had the mods I could have made this into something as nice as the power armor, trading the fire resist for these and additional movespeed.
DRLc0052.png

We swing nearly twice per second with that chainsaw. Time to wipe out the Angel of Death.
DRLc0053.png

This time it is well used.
DRLc0054.png

I think I got about 8 corpses.... ~40 turns of berserk, and we only need about 15.
DRLc0055.png

Actually, we don't need any at all with this armor and weapon and challenge.
DRLc0056.png

But with this much move and attack speed on top of berserker speed.
DRLc0057.png

I'm so much faster than the Angel of Death-
DRLc0058.png

He can't even touch us.
DRLc0059.png

One swing, one backstep-
DRLc0060.png

Again
DRLc0061.png

FLAWLESS VICTORY. :yeah:

Pity there's no medal for that.
DRLc0062.png

Our arsenal grows steadily. Though I may as well ditch the chainsaw now. Pity I wasted all those mods on it, they were totally unnecessary.
DRLc0063.png

And what is behind this door?
DRLc0064.png

I do believe this calls for a shotgun.
DRLc0065.png

A shockwave pack. Cool. Unfortunately I didn't grab a shot where it wasn't totally obscured. We'll get a chance to show it off later.
DRLc0066.png

Our Armor + TaN makes all these imps a joke.
DRLc0067.png

And Hell is rife with strong powerups.
DRLc0068.png

Since Archviles, Mancubi and Revenants all do half damage to us, and the only other real danger is commandos, who we can shrug off thanks to heavy armor + TaN, we're in a really good position now.
DRLc0069.png

As you might have guessed by us entering a new floor both invincible and supercharged.
DRLc0070.png

Archvile goes down easy.
DRLc0071.png

As does pretty much everything else. Time to scrape the vaults. We're still looking for that nice weapon.
DRLc0072.png

Oh, more armor. :roll: That shit isn't even very good. ~5 armor renders pretty much any ballistic weapon nearly harmless anyways.
DRLc0074.png

Excellent.
DRLc0075.png

Hmm, not really the unique weapon I was hoping to find. Hopefully there's another, or a good exotic.
DRLc0076.png

The accuracy thing there is actually kind of pointless; this weapon explodes wherever you target as long as it doesn't hit anything along the way. You can detonate it on an empty square if you like.
DRLc0077.png

And another missile launcher. Cute.
DRLc0078.png

We don't need the shotgun or these rocket launchers. I stock up on energy cells like a madman.
DRLc0079.png

We can trade phase devices for small medpacks too, sicne they cure fatigue they can serve as both thanks to our hellstaff.
DRLc0080.png

Ironman 2. We're getting to be a really really diehard asshole.
DRLc0081.png

Some spear massacre for fun and good luck.
DRLc0082.png

Killed them with the secondary, along with the walls next to us.
DRLc0084.png

Mancubus blew itself up here trying to kill us. Our armor didn't really give a fuck.
DRLc0085.png

Not sure what that message mean. Maybe somethhing to do with all these damned imps?
DRLc0086.png

Said there was another unique here... we gotta find it.
DRLc0087.png

Huh, a pistol. We're not going to be able to use it properly. Oh well. I pull the lever just for fun. Actually, it serves another minor purpose: acid and napalm barrels can't corrupt water tiles.
DRLc0088.png

Wait, the pistol was the Trigun?
DRLc0089.png

:yeah:

Probably the only real contender among unique pistols the Cleric Baretta has. 3d6 damage is scary. As is that crazy accuracy. But it's real advantage is useful to anyone...
DRLc0090.png

Hmmm, level 6 already? We must have missed the mortuary stairs somehow. Lame. Though we didn't really need the armour.
DRLc0091.png

This is a trick against the AI called 'giftdropping'. Enemies that can use healthpacks will beeline towards them if they can see one but not you, letting you lure them through doorways into melee safely. It's pretty much required to do melee only challenges, but is obviously pretty cheesy and I usually avoid it. But this room had a ton of annoying cunts milling around and I didn't want to wait forever for them to do something they were going to do anyways, simply move into range.
DRLc0092.png

Lambs to the slaughter.
DRLc0093.png

One asshole didn't follow his buddies. He doesn't escape either though.
DRLc0094.png

Second bulk mod for our BFG. Each one adds 30% capacity, so while the first added 30 units, the second added 39. This can get pretty insane with multiple levels of whizkid and enough bulk mods. There actually used to be a glitch because the max ammo count capped at 255, but it can go past that now.
DRLc0095.png

Ah, the final unique level.
DRLc0096.png

Yeah... this is why we needed an envirosuit (or 3). Unfortunately I only got the one. But hey, at least it says there's a unique here, somewhere.
DRLc0097.png

Shit. I was really hoping that'd dump me far far away from here.
DRLc0098.png

I should have used a medkit and tried again, but I though this would be enough.
DRLc0099.png

Not quite.
DRLc0100.png
Hellstaff puts me backwards. Another dumb move. But I'm not going to abandon this level. We came this far, and we need something from here.
DRLc0101.png

Baddass mother fucker CappenVarra soldiers on through the lava, heedless of all injuries.
DRLc0102.png

Still no rest in sight. We need to carefully snipe the barons and knights fighting from the platforms here, getting knocked back and injured now could ruin us.
DRLc0103.png

Probably our last large medpack.
DRLc0104.png

Our boots are thrashed too. I stupidly take them off instead of waiting for them to regenerate.
DRLc0105.png

Finally, that is what we were looking for.
DRLc0106.png

We had another large medkit after all. Good thing we had such a large supply to begin with.
DRLc0107.png

That must be the unique armor next to us. I overlooked it in the green haze, so we don't get to find out what it was, unfortunately. Though I doubt it was a match for our power armor.
DRLc0108.png

We also find these exotic boots, which are fairly pointless. Maybe if we had that acid gun they'd be useful.
DRLc0109.png

Here is our foe.
DRLc0110.png

We unload plasma into him without mercy.
DRLc0111.png

He doesn't last long. He warps around and regenerates like the shambler, which is even more annoying here for obvious reasons. With his massive armor and those abilities he's nearly impossible to kill without crazy weaponry or the MC challenge. But we get lucky and he sticks around long enough for us to fry him without even firing back.
DRLc0112.png

Of course we came for a shiny object. Who wouldn't?
DRLc0113.png

Only unique item in the game that is that color. :M
DRLc0114.png

CappenVarra doesn't afraid of anything, not lava elementals...

DRLc0116.png

And definitely not a bunch of punk ass Archviles and Mancubi.
DRLc0117.png

Huh, was kinda hoping that'd clear some of them out. Shit.
DRLc0118.png

In retrospect, a BFG would have fixed that problem too. But we opt for the running the fuck away method, since we're close to the end.
DRLc0119.png

Finesse 3 bumps our offense up to a new notch. 45% reduction in time taken to fire weapons. :dance:
DRLc0120.png

We murder a few hell knights to show how badass we are.
DRLc0122.png

But then we bail from here too.
DRLc0123.png

Final destination.
DRLc0124.png

Oooh a lever.
DRLc0125.png

Nothing better to do right?
DRLc0126.png

We only have a single small medkit left for this encounter.
DRLc0127.png

We walk through the walls after hitting the lever. Graphics still need fixing there I guess.
DRLc0128.png

My bad, it was a large medpack. I decide to use it pre-emptively, since I've enver seen this fucker before and don't know if it can one shot us even with this much armor.
DRLc0129.png

Well fuck.
DRLc0130.png

Super chaingun? So that duelist armor and ballistics armor... would have let us rape this thing?

:rage:
DRLc0131.png

We are faster than it though, so we can simply back off and take potshots.
DRLc0132.png

But we have a different plan.
DRLc0133.png

A badass fucking plan.
DRLc0134.png

A plan involving the most dangerous weapon in the game.
DRLc0135.png

Yes. Yes we do.
DRLc0136.png

Using the Angel Arm drains 5 max hp from you permanently. It also deals 5000 damage to everything on the level, including you, just like a nuke would. Except the Angel arm does it without a countdown.
DRLc0137.png

:yeah:
DRLc0138.png

The damage is sufficient to wipe out all the walls in the level.
DRLc0139.png

We certainly are.
DRLc0140.png

:what:

That can't be right!
DRLc0141.png

Fire again!
DRLc0142.png

Muahahaha.
DRLc0143.png

Hmmm. Nothing else died.
DRLc0144.png

Either something with over 5000 hp is kicking around here, or...
DRLc0145.png

There are stairs.
DRLc0146.png

Cue extremely badass music.
DRLc0147.png

We prepare the mother of all weaponry.
DRLc0148.png

The logo showed up a lot better in tiles.
DRLc0149.png

No healing to speak of. No more lava element. Just a fuckton of power cells and some dangerous weapons.
DRLc0150.png

Who the fuck is that?
DRLc0151.png

Of course!
DRLc0152.png

Eat BFG fucker!
DRLc0153.png

Lightly wounded huh? Just shrug off 80 plasma damage like it's nothing huh?
DRLc0154.png

Fucker teleports, but hasn't used his rocket launcher on us yet.
DRLc0155.png

We are firing rather fast of course.
DRLc0156.png

We actually got rather lucky. He IS an extremely dangerous fucker after all.
DRLc0157.png

But he's not as dangerous as us.
DRLc0158.png

CappenVarra takes out the greatest evil of them all.
:applause:
DRLc0159.png

:brofist:
DRLc0160.png

A new rank is ours.
DRLc0161.png

:hero:
DRLc0162.png

CappenVarra makes it to 4th place on my hall of fame.
DRLc0163.png

I'd say that that was just the right number of kills.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
Baddass mother fucker CappenVarra soldiers on through the lava, heedless of all injuries.

CappenVarra doesn't afraid of anything, not lava elementals... And definitely not a bunch of punk ass Archviles and Mancubi.

We actually got rather lucky. He IS an extremely dangerous fucker after all. But he's not as dangerous as us.

CappenVarra takes out the greatest evil of them all. :applause:

:brofist:

CappenVarra makes it to 4th place on my hall of fame.

He killed 666 out of 700 hellspawn (95%)
:bro: :yeah: :love::incline: :thumbsup: :smug: :love:

intuition, finesse, juggler, whizkid, ironman, tough as nails
Do... do I know you? :?

Lindblum

Augur
:bravo:

Beautiful.
I couldn't get past the first stage.... how accurate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom