Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Let's play Door Kickers -- top-down tacticool SWAT team sim -- Extreme Police Brutality Edition

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Good shit! We got a bit lucky there a few times, but generaly this was a sound plan and sound execution!

ValeVelKal

Arcane
And OF COURSE Officer Judy Hopps is left out of the first mission, because she is a rabbit and rabbits "can't be police[wo]men"
And OF COURSE after Officer Judy Hopps jumps through so many, errr, hoops to get assigned to a mission, she is put into harms way with no way to be really useful, because look the rabbit is a terrible policewoman !

The Mayor wll hear of this. I was graduated first from the police academy !

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Mission Four: Busting Execution Cells, 808 Longshore Drive

The fourth mission is objectively the same as the previous one: raid a terrorist compound and kill all the bad guys.

PsMk6Wg.png

tXItIuP.png

Our target is a derelict 3-bedroom house with an enclosed courtyard. With three entrances to the house and lots of windows, we have a lot of options for deciding how to take this place down.

The intel indicates 5 hostiles, just like before, but we obviously know now that it can't be trusted and to expect a lot more resistance. Fortunately the game has given us another 8-man deployment.

I was able to clear the mission on the first try again, so here's the recap.

The plan will be to split the roster into two assault teams. A five-man team comprised of White Knight, Grom, Professional, Parsimonious cook, and Ghulgothas will enter through the main gate and attack the front door, while the three-man team of boot, the Auk, and Kikeschreck sneaks through the south entrance into the courtyard.

Our two Pointmen will use bolt cutters to clear the exterior padlocked gates. We'll stage everyone outside, then launch the assault using go-code Alpha.

In the main area, Grom will blow open the front door using his shotgun, with White Knight as the first man through. The team will pause briefly in the foyer before splitting off. Grom, Parsimonious cook, and Professional will raid the living room and kitchen on go-code Bravo, while White Knight and Ghulgothas slowly navigate through the south hallway and make their way toward the back bedrooms.

Meanwhile boot and Kikeschreck will clear the south bedroom from the outside through the windows, ensuring White Knight and Ghulgothas aren't flanked. The Auk will proceed along the south wall and clear the small shed in the southwest corner, before taking a position to watch the western part of the yard. Once they've cleared the bedroom, boot will guard the exterior door that connects to the hallway, and Kikeschreck will move up to the southwestern corner of the building.

I'll call go-code Charlie once Knight and Ghulgothas have turned the corner in the hallway and begun making their way north. This will mean it's safe for boot to enter through the locked exterior door and join them. Knight will continue down the hall to watch their backs as boot and Ghulgothas move into position to assault the two western bedrooms on go-code Delta, while Kikeschreck and the Auk circle around back to shoot through the windows. Finally, Kike and Auk will clear the northwest corner of the yard, enter the house through the top left entrance, and clear the bathroom at the end of the hall.

Here's the map.

81mSLt3.png

The mission starts off hot as the main assault team is spotted by terrorists as soon as they enter through the north gate.

Di9tgs5.png

Our guys win the gunfire exchange without taking any hits, but I wasn't anticipating the terrorists knowing we're here right from the outset. The south assault team needs a few more seconds to get into position.

wqMK3YA.png

Several tense seconds tick by, until suddenly the front door flies open and a gang of terrorists opens up on us. Luckily White Knight is in position to absorb their fire.

2ttEAlR.png

The main team is able to clear the foyer safely, and with the south team in position I call go-code Alpha to begin the raid.

The south team makes a few contacts in the yard and cleans them up, but the Auk catches a bullet in the process.

7vTl5Ug.png

Grom exchanges fire with a gunman in the hallway and his shotgun is outranged, causing him to absorb several bullets. Knight and Ghulgothas move in and finally take the bad guy down.

1jEuoc3.png

Meanwhile the Auk has posted up in the outdoor shed and is doing work clearing the backyard.

H8r7q2l.png

I call go-code Bravo to move everyone up. No more bad guys are left in the living room and kitchen, but White Knight makes a contact at the end of the hall and puts him down, which turns out to be the end of the mission.

ik82BD4.png

9238WrU.png

OZDWwZc.png
I have noticed the terrorists have a tendency to be overly aggressive, and will often allow themselves to be drawn out into a gunfight (which tends to favor us) instead of using blind spots and other traps to ambush us.

Regardless, our lucky streak continues, and despite racking up several wounds no one has actually died yet.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
intel: 5 targets. Considering last time I'm betting on at least a dozen of actual dudes.

Edit: well, I wasn't too far off the mark! Though what's the point of providing intel, if it's that inaccurate?

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I have noticed the terrorists have a tendency to be overly aggressive, and will often allow themselves to be drawn out into a gunfight (which tends to favor us) instead of using blind spots and other traps to ambush us.

ALLAH AKBAR

Demo.Graph

Arbiter
Enlisting for duty!

Name
Maximilian von Nuttenkopf
Callsign
BeBack
Preferred Class
Breacher
Preferred Primary Weapon
Just look at me
Portrait
xNL11FO.png

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!

Well there are no caveats on those virgins, so I guess its all the same to them.

Also, damn... White Knight showing some mad skillzzzz with that magnum, 6 shots, five kills, 100% accuracy :salute: Also blocked plenty of bullets. This is why I like shield bearers, even that ones that tend to whiteknight!

Still, no pussy is forthcoming, I suspect. Such is the life of a white knight :dance:

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Hey, could I propose that you tag who is who on some of the screenshoot so we can all follow the action. It is pretty tough to follow.

Well, Judy Hopps wasn't part of that last mission, and we all know why. Because she is a rabbit. It needed to be said.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Hey, could I propose that you tag who is who on some of the screenshoot so we can all follow the action. It is pretty tough to follow.

Well, Judy Hopps wasn't part of that last mission, and we all know why. Because she is a rabbit. It needed to be said.
Capture.png
Capture2.png

Diversity hires, no chance of truly fittin' in with the rest of the team. :argh:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Sorry for the delay on the next update. Mission Five turned out to be a huuuuuge difficulty spike and... well... I haven't actually been able to beat it yet.

:negative:

It's a hostage rescue and you guys are gonna shit when you see the map compared to what we've been faced with.

Sure I will mark the screenshots up so you can tell who is who.

Capture.png
Capture2.png

Diversity hires, no chance of truly fittin' in with the rest of the team. :argh:

Well, let's put it this way... I don't give you guys a taser because I'm afraid you'd pull it out by accident instead of your gun. :M

Andnjord

Arcane
Sorry for the delay on the next update. Mission Five turned out to be a huuuuuge difficulty spike and... well... I haven't actually been able to beat it yet.

It's a hostage rescue and you guys are gonna shit when you see the map compared to what we've been faced with.
:shredder:

Ooooh yeah, bring on the Incline.

Ghulgothas

Arcane

Precisely why I voted for it. Drug Bust's too easy, Narcos don't put up much of a fight. But Suits and Ski Masks is practically assisted suicide. The Cell's a fine middle ground.

I'm not afraid of death... no better way to go than ahead of my brothers in arms...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Maybe post some of the fails then :D

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

:salute:

Good luck

SeraphimOfDusk

Barely Literate
Newbie to RPGCodex here.

I went and google up the game after seeing it. Looks promising and somehow reminds me of Hotline Miami and SWAT4. Keep the updates coming pal~

Zanzoken

Arcane
Mission Five: Assassination Attempt, The Old Court

Sorry for the delay everyone. The LP isn't dead but this will unfortunately be a mini-update, since I still haven't been able to beat the next mission yet. But at least you guys won't be in the dark as to what's going on.

Our fifth mission involves trying to prevent an assassination attempt on what is assumed to be some kind of noteworthy public official. I seriously doubt this dude is worth all this trouble, but as diligent officers of the law that isn't our call to make.

The venue for this operation is a huge step up in complexity from what we've seen so far, requiring us to assault two buildings -- one of them with multiple floors -- separated by a wide courtyard.

Intel indicates two hostages. We have a visual on one of them, who's being held at gunpoint in the foyer of the second target building. We've got three minutes to rescue this guy before he will presumably be shot, but as you'll soon see this time constraint is the least of our worries.

Here's the upper floor of the building, which may or may not have a second hostage. We know the intel on enemies is never reliable, so it remains to be seen if the same is true for hostages.

As far as personnel, we'll have everyone on board except The Auk and Grom, who are both injured.

Due to the immense size of this mission, I don't think it lends well to planning the whole thing out from the start like normal. There are just too many variables and moving pieces to make a comprehensive plan from the beginning using the game's limited toolset. So I'll be breaking this plan into three or four key sections.

First things first, we are entering through the complex's south building. This is a relatively straightforward clear, so I won't go into too much detail here.

KvBD06Q.png

The team uses lockpicks to breach the outer doors and flashbangs to clear a couple of odd angles. Otherwise, it's simply a matter of shooting the bad guys before they shoot us.

dX0DDW8.png

ZzHUM8e.png

With the first building clear, the easy part is out of the way. There's no telling what's awaiting us on the other side of the door, so I send the team through en masse, with a spy over on the right to provide cover.

ZVWryuc.png

As soon as we enter the courtyard, all hell breaks lose. The enemy is fortified and ready for us, with several troops in cover and zeroed on our position. These guys are also better equipped than the ragtags we've encountered thus far -- they're sporting high-quality body armor and M4 rifles.

4wlbG4R.png

It's a blazing gunfight, but before it really even gets going I get a notification that the mission has failed because a hostage has been killed. Apparently the terrorist that has our hostage at gunpoint is scripted to cap him at the first sign of trouble, which is certainly a complication for us.

SXu9scB.png

It looks like I am going to have to rethink our tactics in order to have a chance.
It looks like catching the bad guys off-guard as much as possible is a key here, so I decide to respec everyone for a stealthy approach. This does mean changing many of your classes and loadouts, which I apologize for, but I think the circumstances demand it.

Our three best marksmen -- Parsimonious cook, Kikeschreck, and Ghulgothas -- will be switching to Stealth class and wielding silenced HK416 rifles.

We're having to engage tougher targets at much longer ranges than usual, so we need equipment that can cover the additional distance and still pierce body armor.

m7K2q6m.png

Our three best assault shooters -- boot, Professional, and Rogue -- will also reclass to Stealth, but they'll be equipping silenced MP7 submachine guns.

The MP7 is an excellent suppressor host, highly accurate, and specifically designed to defeat body armor, so it's a solid CQB choice based on our mission requirements.

K3d77g7.png

Finally, I've decided that because of the inevitable deathtrap that occurs when exiting the first building, the only way we're going to get through it without massive casualties is to create our own cover. So White Knight and ValeVelKal will be taking up shields and forming a wall to protect our shooters.

And because the Shield class for some reason doesn't allow us to equip suppressed pistols, the only weapon I can give them that doesn't go BANG is a taser. That leaves them with no real means of offense, so it'll be incumbent on the shooters to protect the shields as much as the shields are protecting the shooters.

fzOoX5g.png

Here's what the lineup looks like now. Based on Vale's suggestion, I marked up the screenshots with each character's initials to signify who is who.

Pc = Parsimonious cook
R = Rogue
WK = White Knight
K = Kikeschreck
P = Professional
b = boot
G = Ghulgothas
V = ValeVelKal

ub39vbJ.png

Okay, mission start. As expected, we clear the first building without incident. I've got the main force formed into two columns ready to burst through the door behind the shields, as well as a couple of guys around the side to flank.

Their goal will be to clear the courtyard of hostiles, then move up to more defensible positions in preparation for assaulting the north building.

sZXQXNe.png

I say a quick prayer and give the order. The team is immediately ransacked by a hail of bullets, but are able to give as good as they get.

rh619yM.png

The fight is over in a flash. Many bad guys are dead and somehow all our crew is still standing, but White Knight, ValeVelKale, boot, and Ghulgothas have all sustained serious injuries.

1yj2lOI.png

At least we're all still alive, and the mission is still live which means the hostage hasn't been...

XakLRdB.png

:x
So that's the current state of things. I've run the mission around a dozen times at this point with similar results.

I'm rather annoyed with the game because (a) this is a bullshit mission design that is way too easy to fail and (b) it doesn't actually allow you to fail and continue the campaign, which would at least be meaningful C&C.

If anyone has any suggestions for how to move forward I am all ears.

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I see there are mostly baddies on the left and there's roughly 10 seconds between when the gunfight erupts and the hostage is whacked. Isn't the answer to distract the baddies with half your dudes and rush others right from the crate and behind the car in the middle to rescue the hostage?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
you have fehled

the emprah

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom