Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's play - Dragon Age: Origins (finished)

Discussion in 'Codex Playground' started by Twinkle, Dec 2, 2009.

?

Whom to choose as a companion at the endgame. Options are mutually exclusive.

1. Alistair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Loghain

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Excidium P. banal

Self-Ejected
    Oh, glorious child killing.

[​IMG]

We need some DA avatars.

^ Top  
  2. lightbane Arcane

lightbane
    For what I have seen, it seems that despite everything DA has true "EXTREME" moments... Of course, I vote to purify the child, the Emperor's Mercy will free his soul of the demon.

^ Top  
  3. Volourn Pretty Princess Pretty Princess

Volourn
    "Nobody tells him what to do! Nobody! Ha-ha!"

Don't you mean noooooooooooooooooobody? :lol:

Like this thread. I've seen some shit I didn't do/see first time through.. Coolio beanio.

^ Top  
  4. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    Armor suits suddenly become animated.

[​IMG]

A group of enemies behind the door. Possessed chamberlain is among them. Key from his body is very useful.

[​IMG]

Gift for Alistair in arl Eamon's study.

[​IMG]

Time to go to the bedrooms

[​IMG]

Lying zombies awake.

[​IMG]

Moar zombies in narrow corridors.

[​IMG]

And here's the vault, unlockable with chamberlain's key.

[​IMG]

Decent stuff there, including a shield for our royal bastard.

[​IMG]

Oh, boy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Connor: Go away. She won't like you being here. She'll just try to hurt you.

[​IMG] Bro: I'm not afraid of being hurt.

[​IMG] Connor: I know. I think the scary lady is afraid of you. She says you'll ruin everything. I can't hear her now, but she's never very far.

[​IMG] Connor: I tried to stop her but I can't. She said she'd help Father. I didn't think she'd hurt everyone, honestly I didn't.

[​IMG] Bro: I'm not here to coddle you.

[​IMG] Connor: What does that mean? People always say things I don't understand.

[​IMG] Bro: I'm afraid this has to end now.

[​IMG] Connor: Is that why you're here? Are you going to kill me?

[​IMG] Connor: She said you would. What's going to happen to me? When I'm dead?

[​IMG] Bro: I'm not here to answer stupid questions.

[​IMG] Connor: Oh. I heard the priest's songs about the Maker, but I don't know Him at all. I wonder if He's nice.

[​IMG] Connor: Is it... going to hurt much?

[​IMG] Bro: Probably, yes.

[​IMG] Connor: Oh.

[​IMG] Connor: At least nobody will be hurt anymore, and maybe Father can be helped. That's all I wanted. Just... just do it, then.

[​IMG] Bro: Close your eyes, Connor.

[​IMG] Connor: You'll never win! You'll never take him. He's mine!

Well, if it's a fight you want, my horny friend, then a fight you'll get.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Demon takes her "true" form. All doors are blocked.

[​IMG]

After receiving some damage she disappears and summons several zombies

[​IMG]

then she reveals herself again...

[​IMG]

and summons more demons

[​IMG]

It's officially over.

[​IMG]

The boy now is in his normal form. Isolde runs to him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Isolde: Stop! Stop! Don't hurt him!

[​IMG] Isolde: Please, have mercy on him! He's just a boy! He doesn't deserve this!

[​IMG] Bro: Get out of my way before he recovers!

[​IMG] Isolde: There must be another option! The Circle must know some spell, or... we could bring him to the cathedral in Denerim! They could exorcise him!

[​IMG] Leliana: An exorcism will not help him, my lady.

[​IMG] Isolde: Maker help me, there must be some other way! DON'T KILL MY BABY; I'M BEGGING YOU!!

[​IMG] Bro: Move aside. We must destroy the demon.

[​IMG] Isolde: No, it doesn't have to be this way! I know what's at stake, but you can't tell me it's worth his life!

[​IMG] Isolde: What... what if he was your son? Surely, you would move mountains to save him!

[​IMG] Bro: This need to end -- now. (Knock her out. Kill Connor.)

[​IMG] Isolde: No! Please; I--!

[​IMG]

K. O.! Bro wins perfect! :twisted:

Sadly, child-killing itself isn't shown. :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Isolde: What have you done?

[​IMG] Bro: Isn't it obvious?

[​IMG] Isolde: He was just a boy. He didn't...

[​IMG] Isolde: I tried so hard to save him. And what am I left with? Nothing.

[​IMG] Isolde: I wonder just how long Eamon will survive, now that the demon cannot sustain him. Will I lose my whole family, do you think?

[​IMG] Isolde: Enough. I wish to mourn my son, now. Give me that, at least.

Burial cutscene plays.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the castle

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Bann Teagan: So it is over.

[​IMG] Bann Teagan: Connor is dead and the demon gone with him. With its creatures vanquished, the castle is back under our control. I thought I'd never see my brother again.

[​IMG] Isolde: My son, your nephew, is dead. Do not forget that in your great relief, Teagan.

[​IMG] Bann Teagan: How could I, my lady? Eamon has much to mourn, if he recuperates.

[​IMG] Bann Teagan: But our task is not done yet. Whatever the demon did to my brother, it seems to have spared his life... but he remains comatose. We cannot wake him.

[​IMG] Isolde: The Urn! The Urn of Sacred Ashes will save Eamon!

[​IMG] Bro: The Urn is a legend. It might never be found.

[​IMG] Bann Teagan: That is a possibility, but there is a reason it's still an option. I am not simply grasping at straws.

[​IMG] Isolde: My husband funded the research of a scholar in Denerim -- a Brother Genetivi. He has been studying the inscriptions on Andraste's Birth Rock.

[​IMG] Isolde: When Eamon fell ill, I sent the knights to speak to Genetivi. I hoped that he had finally discovered the location of the Urn of Sacred Ashes itself.

[​IMG] Isolde: They were unable to locate Genetivi. In desperation, I sent more knights in search of the brother or some clue of the Urn's location.

[​IMG] Bro: I have the darkspawn to contend with.

[​IMG] Bann Teagan: Eamon is well-respected and powerful. He can pull Ferelden together. If you wish to fight the darkspawn, you will need him.

[​IMG] Bro: I will see if I can find this relic.

[​IMG] Bann Teagan: No one else can. Even if I wished to do it myself, I cannot abandon Redcliffe to its own devices.

[​IMG] Bann Teagan: Perhaps you could seek out the brother's home in Denerim and see if any clues remain on his whereabouts. It is the only place to begin the search, I think.

[​IMG] Bann Teagan: I must go to the hall and begin rebuilding. I wish you luck and may the Maker go with you.

Morrigan approves +4
    Sten approves +4

Bro leaves the castle.

[​IMG]

Evil plans cutscene

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] Rendon Howe: I bring word, sire. There are demands from the Bannorn that you step down from the regency.

[​IMG] Rendon Howe: They are said to be gathering their forces. As are your allies. It appears it will be civil war after all, despite the darkspawn. Pity.

[​IMG] Rendon Howe: I also have an interesting report. There seem to be Grey Wardens who survived Ostagar. How I don't know, but they will act against you.

[​IMG] Rendon Howe: I have arranged for a... solution, with your leave.

[​IMG] Zevran: The Antivan Crows send their regards.

[​IMG] Loghain: An assassin?

[​IMG] Rendon Howe: Against Grey Wardens we will need the very best, sire.

[​IMG] Zevran: And the most expensive.

[​IMG] Loghain: Just get it done.

[​IMG]

Bro decided to pay Redcliffe village a visit just out of curiosity. It's dead for the most part.

[​IMG]

That's ugly wench Bro rescued in the castle

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Valena: I had no idea that my father, the village, everyone was gone. I thought it was only in the castle.

[​IMG] Valena: I'm glad I'm alive, but I suppose there's... no point staying here any longer, is there? I have an aunt in Killarney I can stay with, I hope.

[​IMG] Valena: Thank you ever so much for saving my life! I'll never forget you!

Arrgh! No reward at all. :evil:

Well, fuck that village. I'm leaving.

[​IMG]

At the camp butthurt Mr. Paloldin questions Bro's neverending wisdom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Alistair: Now that we're back at the camp, I want to talk about what happened. At Redcliffe.

[​IMG] Bro: You were there. You saw what happened.

[​IMG] Alistair: Yes, I know. I've had some time to think about it now.

[​IMG] Alistair: You killed Connor. You killed him. A little boy. How could you do that?

[​IMG] Bro: Maybe you missed tthe part where he was possessed by a demon?

[​IMG] Alistair: No, I didn't miss that. But if magic put that thing in him, how do you know magic couldn't have taken it out? There must have been some other way!

[​IMG] Alistair: This is the arl's son we're talking about here. What do you think he'll say when we revive him?

[​IMG] Bro: He'll see that there were larger things at stake.

[​IMG] Alistair: I just don't know how you could do it, how you could make that decision. I owe the arl more than this.

[​IMG] Bro: (Cunning) So this is about you and him and not me at all.

[​IMG] Alistair: No. Well... maybe. I don't know. I suppose it's done, isn't it? And it'll have to be enough.

[​IMG] Alistair: Ahhh, why am I getting on your back about it? You did what you had to. It's just... all this death...

[​IMG] Alistair: Never mind. Let's just stop there before I do more that shove my foot in my mouth like an idiot.

Alistair disapproves -14.

However, despite "hostile" rating he gets warm and fuzzy if you present him mother's amulet.

[​IMG] Alistair: This... this is my mother's amulet. It has to be. But why isn't it broken? Where did you find it?

[​IMG] Bro: I found it in Redcliffe castle, in the study.

[​IMG] Alistair: Oh. The arl's study?

[​IMG] Alistair: Then he must have... found the amulet after I threw it at the wall. And he repaired it and kept it? I don't understand, why would he do that?

[​IMG] Bro: A thank you would be nice.

[​IMG] Alistair: Thank you. I mean it. I... thought I'd lost this to my own stupidity.

[​IMG] Alistair: I'll need to talk to him about his. If he recovers from his... when he recovers, that is. I wish I'd had this a long time ago.

[​IMG] Alistair: Did you remeber me mentioning it? Wow. I'm more used people not really listening when I go on about things.

[​IMG] Bro: Sorry? Did you say something?

[​IMG] Alistair: Ho, ho, ho. See this gesture I'm making. Can you hear that?

Alistair approves +6.

After more gifts to different party members we get the following approval rating:

Alistair -39
    Leliana +34
    Morrigan +27
    Sten +23
    Shale -6

===================================================

So, what location to shepardize next and why?

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  5. lightbane Arcane

lightbane

THIS IS THE NEW EXTREME!!!! At least DA learned how to make a proper over-the-top character... Also, Games Workshop didn't noticed the constant warhammer rippoffs (Lame copies of slaneeshi demons are indeed lame)?

Random question: the totally non-recycled Golem character, how you can improve your "relationship" with her? By deliberately killing people in front of it as HK? Also, the golem has sex scenes?

^ Top  
  6. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Hah. Carryover line, since you didn't actually decide to stay and help him

Same here. I mean, when was this then? All you've done to prove yourself "formidable" is run away from a fight and return to bandage him up.

I did like this line. Assuming only dwarves get it. It makes sense for demons not to be able to see dwarves as well considering they're severed from magic.

Pure Shepardage.

They probably noticed but are used to it. I mean everyone rips off Warhammer nowadays. I was LOLling like nuts when I saw all the WH40K enviroments and vehicles in Borderlands.

It's a she? Anyway, you can give Shale interesting bits of rock, and he responds to actions and conversations like everyone.

^ Top  
  7. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    Being a cold-hearted bastard is not always profitable. :D

^ Top  
  8. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    Bro decided to continue his quest for finding the Urn of Sacred Ashes. Denerim is our next stop.

As you see, Lothering is gone. Good riddance.

[​IMG]

Random encounter on the way. Totally not a trap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Traveler: Oh, thank the Maker! We need help! They attacked the wagon; please help us!

[​IMG] Traveler: Follow me! I'll take you to them!

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Zevran: The Grey Warden dies here!

[​IMG]

The area is full of traps. Annoying.

[​IMG]

And now everybody's dead. Wait, not everybody.

[​IMG]

(The elven assassin is wounded and unconscious, but alive. You could tie him up and talk to him, if you wished.)

An inner struggle in Bro's heart.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NO! MAEK LUV NOT XP!

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

[​IMG] Bro: (Wake him up and talk to him.)

[​IMG] Zevran: Mmm... what? I... oh.

[​IMG] Zevran: I rather thought I would wake up dead. Or not wake up at all, as the case may be. But I see you haven't killed me yet.

[​IMG] Bro: I decided I wanted to torture you, first.

[​IMG] Zevran: Ohhh, so you kept me around to have a but of fun, did you? Hmm.

[​IMG] Zevran: But the purpose behind torture is usually to interrogate, yes? In that case, despite the potential for fun, perhaps I'll save you a bit of time and get right to the point.

[​IMG] Zevran: My name is Zevran. Zev to my friends. I am a member of the Antivan Crows, brought here for the sole purpose of slaying any surviving Grey Wardens. Which I have failded at, sadly.

[​IMG] Bro: Who hired you to kill us?

[​IMG] Zevran: A rather taciturn fellow in the capital. Loghain, I think his name was? Yes, that's it.

[​IMG] Bro: How much were you paid?

[​IMG] Zevran: I wasn't paid anything. The Crows, however, were paid quite handsomely. Or so I understand.

[​IMG] Zevran: Which does make me about as poor as a chantry mouse, come to think of it. Being an Antivan Crow isn't for the ambitious, to be perfectly honest.

[​IMG] Bro: When were you to see him next?

[​IMG] Zevran: I wasn't. If I had succeeded, I would have returned home and the Crows would have informed your Loghain of the results... if he didn't already know.

[​IMG] Zevran: If I had failed, I would be dead. Or I should be, at least as far as the Crows are concerned. No need to see Loghain again.

[​IMG] Bro: That's all I wanted to know.

[​IMG] Zevran: Then unless you're quite stuck on cutting my throat or something equally gruesome, perhaps you'd care to hear a proposal?

[​IMG] Bro: I'm listening. Make it quick.

[​IMG] Zevran: Well, here's the thing. I failed to kill you, so my life is forfeit. That's how it works. If you don't kill me, the Crows will.

[​IMG] Zevran: Thing is, I like living. And you obviously are the sort to give the Crows pause. So let me serve you, instead.

[​IMG] Bro: You must think I'm royally stupid.

[​IMG] Zevran: I think you're royally tough to kill. I'm only hoping that you're stupid.

[​IMG] Zevran: That was a joke. Let me re-phrase that. I'm hoping that you're the sort of fellow that takes a chance every now and again. Ha, ha. Yes?

[​IMG] Bro: Why would I want your service?

[​IMG] Zevran: Why? Because I an skilled at many things, from fighting to stealth and picking locks.

[​IMG] Zevran: I could also warn you should the Antivan Crows attempt something more... sophisticated... now that my attempts have failed.

[​IMG] Zevran: I also know a great many jokes. Twelve massage techniques, six different card games? I do wonderful at parties, no?

[​IMG] Bro: Very well. I accept your offer.

[​IMG] Alistair: What?! You're taking the assassin with us now? Does that really seem like a good idea?

[​IMG] Bro: You're here, aren't you? Collecting cast-offs is what I do.

[​IMG] Alistair: Ow. Maybe true, but... ow.

[​IMG] Alistair: Oh, whatever. I'm sure you know best.

[​IMG] Morrigan: A fine plan. But I would examine your food and drink far more closely from now on, were I you.

[​IMG] Zevran: That's excellent advice for anyone.

[​IMG] Leliana: Welcome, Zevran. Having an Antivan Crow join us sounds like a fine plan.

[​IMG] Zevran: Oh? You are another companion-to-be, then? I wasn't aware such loveliness existed amongst adventurers, surely.

[​IMG] Leliana: Or maybe not.

[​IMG] Zevran: I hereby pledge my oath of loyalty to you, until such time as you choose to release me from it. I am your man, without reservation... this I swear.

Alistair disapproves -10
    Morrigan disapproves -2
    Leliana approves +2

There is a document on a body of that bitch who led us into ambush. After visiting the Circle Tower it will trigger a quest.

[​IMG]

Nothing interesting here anymore. To Denerim.

[​IMG]

The new guy is talkative.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Zevran: You know, Alistair, Antiva has a long tradition of royal bastards.

[​IMG] Alistair: You don't say?

[​IMG] Zevran: Oh, yes. They've led wars to claim the throne. Some of them have become kings. In fact, I'd say the current royal line in Antiva stems from bastard blood several times over.

[​IMG] Alistair: Well aren't you just chock full of useless trivia today.

[​IMG] Zevran: Sadly, whenever a royal bastard rears their head in public and declares themselves, it often goes poorly for them.

[​IMG] Alistair: Let me guess: they get assassinated?

[​IMG] Zevran: Only the very popular ones.

[​IMG] Alistair: And the unpopular ones?

[​IMG] Zevran: Well, they get by somehow, I'm sure. There was one fellow who did quite well working as a prostitute based on his uncanny resemblance to the king. Charged a fortune.

[​IMG] Alistair: Couldn't afford him, I take it?

[​IMG] Zevran: That cynicism will serve you well, my friend. Hold onto it.

Moar "fetch-n-kill" boards.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One quest (collect the corpse gall) is already finished. Several gold pieces as a reward

[​IMG] Chanter Rosamund: And after much sweat, blood, and toil, her labors ended. And the world marveled at what she wrought.

Why videogame guards suck so hard at performing their duty?

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: You here to report another crime? I swear, we should just cordon off the entire district.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Oh, uh. Can I help you, Warden?

[​IMG] Bro: Don't even try to arrest me.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Me? You must be kidding. Even if I believed the "official story" of what happened at Ostagar, I'm no fool.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: If I asked my men to apprehend you, they'd all run and cry big, sobby tears in theirs courtesans' bosoms and leave me all alone to be skewered.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Don't distrurb the peace in the market and that's well enought for me.

[​IMG] Bro: Is the Market District really that bad?

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: The lower market isn't deemed important by the captain of the guard, even less with Arl Howe in charge.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: So when I finally get the new men I request, I get the delightful surprise of discovering they're Lord Such-and-Such's illegitimate, untrained, moronic whelps.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: But lords keep sending me more of them. It's decent pay, no expectations, a uniform.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: And Arl Howe's specially picked men are the worst of the lot.

[​IMG] Bro: Actually, do you need any help?

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: What? You're serious?

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: I mean, yes. Yes, I could use help.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: I got a pretty popular... establishment... that's crawling with mercenaries.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: If I send my boys in, someone might get -- Maker forbid -- hurt. And I'll have to explain to their noble fathers that being a guard is actually dangerous.

[​IMG] Bro: What's the pay?

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Do a good job, and I'll see you get some silver in your pockets... maybe even some gold.

[​IMG] Bro: What do you need me to do?

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: The name of the whorehouse is the Pearl.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Beat down any mercenaries that are out-of-line and send them a message.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: I said beat down, not kill. Let me make that really clear. Not on fire, or exploded, or Maker knows whatever type of grisly death you can dream up.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Sorry... used to giving orders to my boys. Just leave them breathing, and I'll be happy.

[​IMG] Bro: Sign me up, Sergeant.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Thank you, Warden. Happy hunting.

Strange-looking dude stands at the back alley. Nobody cares.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Mages' Collective Liaison: You're the Grey Warden, aren't you? Exactly who I was hoping to meet.

[​IMG] Mages' Collective Liaison: I represent a collective of mages interested in going about their lives without the constant scrutiny of the Chantry.

[​IMG] Bro: Tell me more.

[​IMG] Mages' Collective Liaison: The collective is a self-policing guild of mages who simply want to be left alone. We mean no offense to the Chantry, but we would rather live on our own terms.

[​IMG] Mages' Collective Liaison: Next to me, and in every major settlement, you will find an inconspicuous sack containing requests from mages all over the land who need the asssistance of someone skillful and discreet.

[​IMG] Bro: Give me a reason not to turn you in to the templars.

[​IMG] Mages' Collective Liaison: Me? I am not a mage, my friend. And those members who have submitted requests are anonymous... save one or two more arrogant clients.

[​IMG] Mages' Collective Liaison: I assure you, we are doing the Maker's work. Magic is not ruling man under our watch.

[​IMG] Bro: I'll take a look at these requests.

[​IMG] Mages' Collective Liaison: Thank you, my friend. We have agents in every major settlement to reward you for work done on behalf of the collective.

[​IMG] Mages' Collective Liaison: Maker's smile upon you.

[​IMG]

Paint doors with a blood. Wow, Bible reference!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh look, somebody wants to challenge me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Ser Landry: I recognize you... from Ostagar.

[​IMG] Ser Landry: Andraste's blood, you're a Grey Warden! Duncan's apprentice.

[​IMG] Ser Landry: You killed my friend -- and good King Cailan. I demand satisfaction, ser.

[​IMG] Bro: (Intimidate) Lower your voice, or I'll silence it permanently.

[​IMG] Ser Landry: I have... heard of the Grey Wardens' prowess. And you seem... more capable than you did at Ostagar.

[​IMG] Ser Landry: I won't throw my life away; too many people depend on me. And I doubt guards would pose any challenge to you.

[​IMG] Ser Landry: But by word and deed here you condemn yourself, ser.

Pussy with a shoulder pads.

An old friend! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Gorim: Dwarven crafts! Fine dwarven --

[​IMG] Gorim: My lord! My lord Aeducan? Is-is that really you?

[​IMG] Gorim: I knew you survived. I never stopped believing it. And neither did your father. Before I left for the surface, King Endrin sent for me. It was almost more than I could endure, seeing him so.

[​IMG] Gorim: As if he were long dead and rotten, and now merely an empty husk collapsing in on itself. He could not even rise from his bed, and the room stank of decay.

[​IMG] Gorim: He asked me... to give you the Shield of Aeducan. And this letter.

[​IMG] Bro: I'm not sure I want anything from him now.

[​IMG] Gorim: I cannot blame you for your anger. I hated the king myself, for what he did to you. But when I saw him that day...

[​IMG] Gorim: His eyes have haunted me since. If it were possible for a man to die of regret, I think King Endrin did.

[​IMG] Gorim: But... we shouldn't dwell on the past. I can hardly tell you how good is to see you alive.

[​IMG] Bro: And now you can take your place again as my second.

[​IMG] Gorim: My lord, I will be loyal to you until my death, but don't ask me to come with you.

[​IMG] Gorim: I was injured in my travels here. My leg healed crooked and I will never fight again.

[​IMG] Gorim: And... I have a new life now. I married into a surface family. My wife is lovely and her father is the best smith in Denerim.

[​IMG] Gorim: We're... expecting our firstborn before the spring.

[​IMG] Bro: Well, when can I meet the lucky girl?

[​IMG] Gorim: I would love to introduce you.

[​IMG] Gorim: But you must have more important business than hearing about me.

[​IMG] Gorim: Have a look at my father-in-law's crafts. All fine work, and I'll cut you a discount.

[​IMG]

Ah, Gorim has become a typical jew. :(

A tavern. Let's see what's inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Bartender: What can I get you, stranger?

[​IMG] Bro: Anyone need help? Maybe with something not strictly legal?

[​IMG] Bartender: (He glances around for prying eyes, then produces a few notes on behalf of "interested parties".)

[​IMG]

Poorly done - to present such secrets to a total stranger. Bro could easily be working for a guards and turn him in to authorities.

Moar letter delivery from Blackstone Irregulars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Zev has an itch to talk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Zevran: Your mother is supposedly the one called Flemeth, the very witch from legend, is that not true?

[​IMG] Morrigan: There is nothing "supposed" about it. Flemeth is my mother.

[​IMG] Zevran: Hmm. I was more doubtful of the legend rather than your relationship to this woman. Anyone can claim a name, after all.

[​IMG] Morrigan: You're welcome to ask her, if you ever meet her. You're just her type.

[​IMG] Zevran: Oh? Elven and handsome?

[​IMG] Morrigan: The sort that will never be missed.

[​IMG] Zevran: Sounds intriguing, if you ask me.

[​IMG] Morrigan: You assassin types have a death wish, I see.

[​IMG] Zevran: (Laughs) Only the really good ones.

A warehouse nearby.

[​IMG]

One of the "rogue" quests - collecting the body bags.

[​IMG]

A shop here

[​IMG]

Lots of Xp to be harvested from the books but Zevran is disappoint

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Tranquil Proprietor: Welcome to the Wonders of Thedas. We carry items crafted by the Circle, as well as a variety of antiquities. Is there anything you would like to see?

[​IMG] Bro: (Browse his wares.)

Decent magic stuff.

[​IMG]

And now the goal of our visit - Genetivi's home.

[​IMG]

His "assistant".

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Weylon: Yes? What are you doing here?

[​IMG] Bro: I am looking for Brother Genetivi.

[​IMG] Weylon: Brother Genetivi? Why?

[​IMG] Bro: I shall make my purpose known to Genetivi, and no other.

[​IMG] Weylon: Then I am afraid you will leave with your purpose unfulfilled.

[​IMG] Weylon: I haven't seen Brother Genetivi in weeks. He's sent no word; it's so unlike him.

[​IMG] Weylon: I am afraid something has happened. Genetivi's research into the Urn may have led him into danger.

[​IMG] Bro: What do you think he discovered?

[​IMG] Weylon: I don't know. He was very excited when he left, and said he would be back with all the answers.

[​IMG] Weylon: Perhaps the Urn has been lost for a reason. I pray for Genetivi's safety, but hope dwindles with each passing day.

[​IMG] Weylon: I-I tried to send help, but some knights came from Redcliffe looking for him not long ago. I sent them after Genetivi and they too have disappeared.

[​IMG] Bro: I'll succeed where they failed and get Genetivi back.

[​IMG] Weylon: No, don't ask me where they went. You'll go after them, and what if ill-luck should befall you, too?

[​IMG] Weylon: This search is a curse, on all of us. Some things are not meant to be found. I know that now.

[​IMG] Bro: Ugh, just tell me before I lose my patience.

[​IMG] Weylon: All right, all right!

[​IMG] Weylon: All he said before he left was that he would be staying at an inn near Lake Calenhad, investigating something in that area.

[​IMG] Bro: What exactly was he investigating?

[​IMG] Weylon: I don't know. All I discovered from going through his research was that he was staying at the inn.

[​IMG] Bro: (Cunning) But you just said that he spoke to you and told you that.

[​IMG] Weylon: Y-yes, of course he told me, but I also went through his things to see if I could find other clues to his whereabouts.

[​IMG] Bro: (Intimidate) You sound nervous. Hiding something?

[​IMG] Weylon: That's n-not true. I told you everything I know. Brother Genetivi told us -- t-told me about the inn and that's all.

[​IMG] Bro: You're lying; we both know it.

[​IMG] Weylon: I gave you a chance to turn aside and forget you ever heard of Genetivi and the Urn. But you persisted.

[​IMG] Weylon: Now it has come to this... Andraste forgive me. I do this in Your Name.

A death sentence to you, dumbfuck.

[​IMG]

In the backroom lies the body of the real Weylon.

[​IMG]

A diary in the chest nearby mentions a village called Haven.

[​IMG]

Bro explored the quarter a little more and discovered a strange poster.

[​IMG]

Poster: (Don't believe they lies! Friends of the Grey Wardens assemble.)

Poster: (The hidden pearl holds the key to resistance. The griffons will rise again.)

A glorious letter delivery.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sara: Yes?

[​IMG] Bro: I have a letter for you from the Blackstone Irregulars.

[​IMG] Sara: All right... let me take a look.

[​IMG] Sara: I feared this day would come.

She runs away.

[​IMG]

This part of Bro's adventures is finished. Of course he'll be heading to a whorehouse. :wink:

^ Top  
  9. Reject_666_6 Arcane

Reject_666_6
    :lol:

I killed Zevran without any second thoughts on my first playthrough just to escape his cheesiness. Is his accent supposed to be Italian or East European?

Anyway, I like his dialogue so far. His banter is ok but it drifts a lot towards mediocrity.

^ Top  
  10. RK47 collides like two planets pulled by gravity Patron

RK47
    Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
    You need to get Oghren to the party for him to deliver the condolences.

He goes something like "Hey, You know your husband? Well, he's dead! Bye!"

^ Top  
  11. Erebus Arcane

Erebus
    So, how long do we have to wait before the dwarf-on-elf gay sex ?

More seriously, what happens if you don't play a noble dwarf ? Is there still a son of the dwarven king who got exiled and another who got killed because of their brother's plots ?

I guess CRPG rules say you can trust Zevran as much as your other companions, but in real life, would anyone be so stupid as to trust an assassin who tried to kill you just because he says that his failure to succeed means that his gang will now try to kill him as well ? Morrigan pointing out that you should watch your food and drink from now on is a nod to common sense, but not sufficient to make this believable in any way.

^ Top  
  12. BirdsCanFly Educated

BirdsCanFly
    Yes, every other origin story has happened. The only thing that's different is that they all died and weren't rescued/recruited by Duncan.

^ Top  
  13. poocolator Erudite

poocolator
    The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
    Gahahahaha Connor the little boy turned into a fuckable demon-wench! Gahahaha fap fap fap fap fap fap

^ Top  
  14. Luzur Prestigious Gentleman Good Sir

Luzur
    i saw no nipple on that demon slut thing, DA isnt gritty and mature enough.

^ Top  
  15. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    The whorehouse is here.

[​IMG]

Thankfully, no "not-so-random-encounters" on the way.

[​IMG]

A kewl bitch scares away several pathetic thugs.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But we'll do business first.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] White Falcon Veteran: Turn around and walk, stranger. This affair is for White Falcons only.

[​IMG] Bro: The festivities are over. (Attack).

[​IMG]

[​IMG] White Falcon Veteran: Maker protect me, mercy. Mercy!

[​IMG] White Falcon Veteran: We'll leave. We'll do whatever you want. J-just no more.

[​IMG] Bro: Empty your pockets and leave.

We'll need these money soon. Time to get acquainted with that woman.

[​IMG] Isabela: And look who we have here. Come to apologize for leaving me bereft of my lord husband and then vanishing without a trace?

[​IMG] Zevran: You know it was just business, Isabela. Business that turned out well for you, I see -- you inherited the ship, I take it?

[​IMG] Isabela: Hmph. I suppose I never did like the greasy bastard. And the Siren treats me far better than she ever did him.

[​IMG] Bro: Perhaps some introductions are in order?

[​IMG] Zevran: Indeed. This is Isabela, queen of the eastern seas and the sharpest blade in Llomerryn.

[​IMG] Zevran: And Isabela, my dear, you will no doubt be amused to discover that I am traveling with a Grey Warden.

[​IMG] Isabela: A Grey Warden? Charmed.

[​IMG] Bro: Your fighting skills are impressive.

[​IMG] Isabela: I assume you saw that little drama? None of these poor brutes has ever proven a match for me. They are too clumsy and predictable.

[​IMG] Isabela: I fight with quickness and wit, rather than with brute force and strength.

[​IMG] Isabela: I call myself a duelist because I honed my skills in duels with warriors I encountered over the years.

[​IMG] Bro: Could I duel you?

[​IMG] Isabela: As I said, it is better to avoid being hit. And it is best not to get into fights at all.

[​IMG] Bro: Then will you teach me what you know?

[​IMG] Isabela: Ha! An unusual request coming from a fearsome slayer of darkspawn. I am flattered that you wish to learn from me, sweet thing.

[​IMG] Isabela: But I have watched you and you seem to lack a particular... grace that is required. You are accustomed to doing battle a certain way, yes?

[​IMG] Isabela: I can teach you basics; perhaps you can pass it on someone who might be interested in what I have to offer.

[​IMG] Isabela: I do, however, wish to get to know my potential student better, so we shall call for a drink and you will honor me with a game.

[​IMG] Bro: Are there no other ways for us to get to know each other?

[​IMG] Isabela: Do you have... something else in mind?

[​IMG] Bro: (Persuade) We could board your ship. I'd like to see what's below deck.

[​IMG] Isabela: Ooh, and now you're piqued my interest. It would surely be rude of me to decline such a... delicious offer.

[​IMG] Isabela: And what about you, Zev? Shall we, for old times' sake?

[​IMG] Zevran: Oh, Isabela, you and your ridiculous appetites... perhaps we should leave it up to our friend here?

[​IMG] Bro: Hey, the more the merrier.

[​IMG] Isabela: Ah, this brings back memories...

[​IMG] Isabela: Come, my ship is down by the docks, and I am sure you will find my cabins quite... comfortable.

Cut

Nothing is shown. Seriously, :rage: EA Edmonton.

[​IMG] Isabela: Well, that brings back memories, doesn't it, Zev? Pleasant ones even.

[​IMG] Zevran: For you, maybe. I still remember the time your husband tried to kill me. I had to flee across the rooftops completely unclothed.

[​IMG] Isabela: Ah, yes... those pleasant memories.

[​IMG] Isabela: Now, wasn't there something you wanted from me? A lesson, perhaps?

[​IMG] Bro: Can you teach me now?

[​IMG] Isabela: Come, we will need some space for this.

Cut.

Achievement unlocked.

[​IMG]

Zevran approves +7.

Remember, business is first.

[​IMG]

A closed door. And you need a password to get inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Paedan: What's the password?

[​IMG] Bro: Err... sausage?

[​IMG] Paedan: Sausage? Bloody no.

[​IMG] Paedan: Go away.

Try again.

[​IMG] Paedan: What's the password?

[​IMG] Bro: The griffons will rise again.

[​IMG] Paedan: Come in. Quickly.

Moar liek cum in. Oh, wait, itz a trap :shock: ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Paedan: Another Grey Warden supporter.

[​IMG] Shaevra: Not just a supporter, Paedan. That's a Grey Warden.

[​IMG] Shaevra: He's the one Arl Howe is looking for.

[​IMG] Paedan: Our trap landed a Warden? You've got one chance to surrender.

[​IMG] Bro: You work for that bastard? You're all dead. (Attack)

So much for the warden "supporters".

[​IMG]

With all work here done, Bro needs to relax a bit and embrace the diversity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sanga: Welcome to the Pearl! I'm Sanga, the proprietor. Have a seat, get comfortable, and tell me what you need. Every one of my people here is a skilled craftsman, and don't let anyone tell you different.

[​IMG] Sanga: You'll have to go one at a time, I'm afraid. Our rooms aren't quite big enough to share between so many.

[​IMG] Sanga: But we can discuss than in a moment.

[​IMG] Sanga: So what would you like me to show you? The men of the women? Of some of both, if you prefer.

[​IMG] Bro: The men.

[​IMG] Sanga: Wait just a moment, then.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sanga: Here they are. Aren't they beautiful? Now, before you pick one, let's go over the guild rules.

[​IMG] Sanga: You see these lovely gentlemen by the door? If you don't play nicely with my people, these boys will have words with you.

[​IMG] Sanga: You'll pay up front. Forty silver. I'm getting tired of throwing soldiers off the pier for "forgetting" their coin. We're a crafthall, not a public charity.

[​IMG] Sanga: So, shall I let you get acquainted?

[​IMG] Bro: (Persuade) Forty? I'm not paying more than twenty silver.

[​IMG] Sanga: Make it thirty and we have a deal.

[​IMG] Bro: Very well. (Pay 30 silver.)

[​IMG] Sanga: Go ahead and choose, then.

[​IMG]

Male Companion: Follow me.

[​IMG]

Male Companion: Well, aren't we the hardened adventurer.

Male Companion: (Pleasured groan).

And Bro goes for another round.

[​IMG] Sanga: Welcome back! What can I get for you, honey?

[​IMG] Bro: The women.

[​IMG] Sanga: Wait here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sanga: Here they are. Aren't they beautiful? Remember, thirty silver up front.

[​IMG]

Female Companion: Right this way.

[​IMG]

Female Companion: Fell me like the darkspawn and make inroads in the south.

Female Companion: (Pleasured groan)

Womyn are so last-gen and redundant. Moar.

[​IMG] Bro: Some of both.

[​IMG] Sanga: Very good! Wait here a moment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sanga: Here they are. Aren't they beautiful? Remember, thirty silver up front.

[​IMG]

"Female" Companion: Excellent! Right this way, sweetie.

[​IMG]

"Female" Companion: Like they say, you have to slay the dragon before you get the princess.

"Female" Companion: (Pleasured groan)

Now shemales are much more exciting partners. But Bro craves for some EXTREME entertainment.

[​IMG] Bro: Surprise me.

[​IMG] Sanga: Oh, adventurous, are you? I think we can accommodate you. Come with me...

He was "surprised" by a tranny dwarf

[​IMG]

a weird tools

[​IMG]

and furries. It seems that Bro enjoyed this part the most.

[​IMG]

But every good thing comes to an end. Back to work.

[​IMG]

Totally not a random encounter on a way back to the market.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: I was hoping I'd find you. I heard about the Pearl.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Scraps, bruises, and a few broken things... but no deaths. You showed restraint.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: The Pearl's "workers" will --

[​IMG] Cristof: Some of these men were mine, guard dogs. Anyone hurts one of the White Falcons, they answer to me.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: I see. Don't bother sparing these louts. Things are about to get messy.

You'll have to kill mercs either way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: And people actually voluntarily attack you? Are they just stupid?

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Here's the payment I promised. I might have more work, if you're interested.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Bit I'm heading back to the Market District. The back alleys are just too dangerous for me.

This encounter is over.

[​IMG]

The last body bag.

[​IMG]

The dump site is a well just near the Cathedral and a Chantry Board, under a watchful eyes of Templars and Sisters. Irony or shitty design?

[​IMG]

Dump Site: (This is as good a spot as any to dump a corpse. Just another bag of garbage flowing out of the city.)

[​IMG] Bro: (Dump the bags.)

Time to collect a promised payment at the tavern.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Bartender: What can I get you, stranger?

[​IMG] Bro: I've finished a favor for one of your "interested parties".

[​IMG] Bartender: (He nods discreetly, and makes note of the recognition you are owed.)

[​IMG] Bro: (Nod and leave.)

New quest is available.

[​IMG]

City guards offer another "drive out mercs from tavern" quest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Good to see you back.

[​IMG] Bro: Need any more help?

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: I've got compalints in the Gnawed Noble Tavern that some mercenaries have "invaded."

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Nothing violent has happened; the sellswords are probably just disturbing the nobles' rarified conversation.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Just drum the louts out of there. The barkeep doesn't mind some blood -- or "sport", as she called it.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Captain said, "Denerim won't miss a few dead mercenaries." Do what you will, and good luck.

Gnawed Noble Tavern

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Crimson Oars Leader: What are you looking at? We're the Crimson Oars.

[​IMG] Bro: I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Now.

[​IMG] Crimson Oars Leader: We are veterans of many battles. What are you to us?

[​IMG] Bro: (Intimidate) Hundreds have died in my wake. You're just a number to me.

[​IMG] Crimson Oars Leader: I, um... We... we were just leaving. Yes. Oars, we go to the docks!

Smart lad.

Collecting the payment.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Edwina sends her thanks for getting rid of the Crimson Oars.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Mind you, she's disappointed there was no fighting.

[​IMG] Sergeant Kylon: Here's a payment. You've helped out a great deal.

Pre-Landsmeet Denerim is boring. Time to move on.

^ Top  
  16. Brother None inXile Entertainment Developer

Brother None
    Again, the obviousness of pretty much every trap and the fact that you still have to walk into them really hurts this game. There's hardly any trap in the game I didn't call and yet you still have to enter dialogue and thus start combat in a disadvantageous situation. Sucks.

Also whoring out made me lulz. I never wasted my money on it.

I'm surprised you haven't slept with any followers yet. It seems almost impossible to get this far and not have done that. Morrigan threw herself at me the moment we left Lothering :/

^ Top  
  17. Junior Boy Educated

Junior Boy
    I have a tough time playing an evil character in RPG's, which makes me a mammoth pussy.

That said, I realllllly want to experience Isolde getting donkey punched. I hated her.

-Oh, and Brother None, you mentioned thinking the Ostagar battle was retarded? After playing DA for dozens of hours, no video game people have ever proven to be as contemptuously moronic than the hillbillies of Ferelden. Everything from their cockney accents to their terrible choice of clothing just makes me hate them. I wouldn't expect them to mastermind a logical battle plan.

^ Top  
  18. PrzeSzkoda Augur

PrzeSzkoda
    Project: Eternity
    IIRC you can have a foursome with that duelist chick if you're romancing Leliana.

^ Top  
  19. Begriffenfeldt Educated

Begriffenfeldt
    Can't wait till the next update. There's a truly eXtreme Shepardesque dialogue option (or action) later in the Urn of Sacred Ashes quest.

Also:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Bro is a Jason Anderson look-alike.

^ Top  
  20. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    Party camp. Sten questions Bro's leadership skills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Sten: The Blight -- How will you end it?

[​IMG] Bro: I thought we'd just ask the darkspawn to please leave.

[​IMG] Sten: If you hope to slay the archdemon with wit, you may want to arm yourself first.

[​IMG] Sten: You say you are a Grey Warden. I have heard stories of this order.

[​IMG] Bro: Wait, you doubt I'm really a Warden?

[​IMG] Sten: Great strategists and peerless warriors. That is what we hear of the Wardens. So far I am not impressed.

[​IMG] Bro: I'm not here to impress you.

[​IMG] Sten: Evidently not. It remains only to see what you are here for.

Sten approves +4.

Civil war? Must be an interesting location.

[​IMG]

"Random" encounter. You'll definitely stumble upon this abomination if you accepted quest at Mages' Collective.

[​IMG]

The journal on Renold's body explains everything. Like if we care.

[​IMG]

Ugh, the whole "civil war" thing appears to be a small field with a bunch of decorated dumbfucks shouting at each other.

[​IMG] Bannorn Knight: Get your arses off of Bann Telmen's land. We won't bend knee to Loghain.

[​IMG] Loghain Sergeant: Loghain is the regent, he demands your--

[​IMG] Bannorn Knight: We're not Orlesian lick-spittles; we owe no man our allegiance. Leave!

[​IMG] Loghain Sergeant: Take their lands by force, men. Regent's orders.

This fight pretty much plays itself.

[​IMG]

Also, zero reward.

[​IMG]

Time to move on and help the refugees.

[​IMG]

Another random encounter. Obvious Superman reference is obvious.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Jon: How did a child survive that? The crater is still smoking.

[​IMG] Jon: It's a boy -- five fingers, five toes, that's all that matters to me. The Maker has answered our prayers!

[​IMG] Jon: Let's go home, Marta, and raise the tyke as our own.

Meteor ore from the crater is needed to craft a mega-sword at Warden's Keep.

[​IMG]

Finally, refugee camp. This one is challenging...

[​IMG]

...thanks to enemy mage throwing fireballs.

[​IMG]

But he lost anyway after taking down two members of our party.

[​IMG]

Several refugees made it through.

[​IMG]

Bro returned to Denerim without any obstacles aiming to reap the rewards of his hard work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Chanter Rosamund: Blessed are the peacekeepers, champions of the just.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] Mages' Collective Liaison: Take this. You've earned it.

^ Top  
  21. Twinkle Liturgist

Twinkle
    Spam more comments, I need a fresh page for the next update.

^ Top  
  22. sportforredneck Cipher

sportforredneck
  23. sportforredneck Cipher

sportforredneck
  24. sportforredneck Cipher

sportforredneck
  25. sportforredneck Cipher

sportforredneck
    Mork from Ork.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.