Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets Play Endless Space... BETA

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
zYYau.jpg

Let's Play Endless Space
I. Introduction
A month ago while browsing around steam to see if there's is anything interesting, my eyes suddenly stopped on this little gem, "preorder for just 15bucks and you can play the alpha right now" or something like that was mentioned, so I said whatever and decided to bite the bullet and see what's all the fuss about. After about 40 hours sunk into the game I can honestly say that I'm hooked. The alpha was in a far more polished state then some other games were an year of patching after official release. There is nothing overly complex about it, no 3D map, no complex gameplay systems, just what we have come to expect from a solid 4x title, with a few little twists, but it is addicting. The "just one more turn" feeling is definitely there.​
Or maybe I'm starving so much for a good 4x that I'm becoming delusional.​
The beta came out a few days ago adding the rest of the races and multiplayer. Since then I've played a few SP and MP games and I think that the game is more than ready for release apart from some small issues, so decided to make an LP of it and see if it really lives up to everyone's expectations.​
Without further ado:​
II. Galaxy Settings:
I've decided to go with a standard galaxy setup: 4 legged spiral galaxy will will include all 8 empires, 2 in each leg, large size normal age.​
ybqku.png
If anyone has any other suggestions about the galaxy settings I would like to hear them.​
III. Game Settings
Again I've decided to go with the standard settings: normal difficulty, normal game speed.​
mT75M.png
IV. Empires
Now comes the most important part of the game setup. Lets choose our empire!​
The possible choices are:​
wLELO.png
RN7AF.png
6MVf3.png
eTLjU.png
73noz.png
aFCYL.png
tJTYZ.png
ZrraA.png
5HxdD.png
FZH3n.png
KS0V3.png
gtank.png
o89Zq.png
2cG8d.png
lVZWX.png
cCOw5.png
Jrl9I.png
i2od5.png
ugEpo.png
k1wWy.png
TSPCk.png
m2hoU.png
1SXdX.png
oZLHZ.png
fPm2F.png
yd9cv.png
Z1qo0.png
ORIFF.png
vZDml.png
kOJy7.png
F8ttD.png
zHjOr.png
So which one would it be? The jews? The eggheads? The Reapers? Or maybe the religious fanatics?​
The choice is yours.​

Ashery

Prophet
Man, that +5% weapon damage for 15 turns could be overpowered as hell if you're able to get into frequent skirmishes.

Cravers or Sowers.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
So far sowers and prosper/horatio are even.

I'll leave the vote open until tomorrow morning.

Ashery

Prophet
I saw you playing it for several hours earlier while in the CDS chat, so where's our update? :smug:

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
I saw you playing it for several hours earlier while in the CDS chat, so where's our update? :smug:
I was playing mp with a friend. I'm going to start working on it right now. :smug:

Since prosper and sowers are even again, I'm going to pick sowers for my playthrough, stay tuned.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I was playing mp with a friend. I'm going to start working on it right now. :smug:

Since prosper and sowers are even again, I'm going to pick sowers for my playthrough, stay tuned.

now that my guild guildwars2 weekend ended i can join you.

Muty

Prophet
Patron
Wasteland 2 BattleTech
3dfXw.jpg

I. Birth of Codexia.

The year is 3000AD. A group of young sowers have just colonized their first solar system.

Behold mighty Codexia:
NLh69.jpg

We got an ok starting system. Sowers produce only 50% of the food possible and get the other 50% from industry which is a huge bonus since we can use our mighty industry to expand the population on our planets, so having a desert and a tundra planet will help when we build a few things in this system.

On to starting our first building project. Let's zoom to the planet Codexia I:
9a8tZ.jpg

A good starting point would be to build the Industrial zones improvement to increase our food and industry output.

Next, let's select our first technology to research. Here's the the whole technology tree:
dySKA.png

Let's zoom a bit more to the starting techs:
qCjqf.png

The best choice here is the N-way fusion plants:
zEcQX.png

This tech will allow us to build Heavy isotope refineries which give a good boost to industry in the system especially when you have certain types of planets in it, but I'll get back to this when we finish this research.

Next thing to do is to send our Factory(colony) and seeker(scout) ships to the neighboring stars:
n2dM2.png
pmcsG.png

We have a few choices here. 2 binary systems, a yellow sun, a red dwarf and a blue star:
ytSXN.png
Q7ViS.png

D0Djc.png
q9Mfx.png

After some thought I decided to send the ships to the binary systems. We'll see how this is going to work out:
cSF15.jpg

One last thing, let's have a look at our emerging empire:
TNO31.png

And on to the glorious next turn
TgWSO.png

Our seeker arrives at the next system and it is
3onqY.png

Shit...
Arctic planets and asteroid belts are the hardest planets to colonize. You need some serious improvements built in the system before you can get anything from them and having only those 2 in this system makes it utter crap for now.
Let's move on.

Turn 4. Our factory ship arrived at the second system and it is:
wX7D3.png

Shit...
The planet itself is not bad, but single planet systems are not worth the investment in the beginning.

On to the next system, the blue star. It is a bit far and will take a few precious turns to get there, but let's hope that it is not going to suck so badly.

Our current research was also completed this turn so let's choose the next one. It will be:
9UKju.png

Xenology will reveal a couple of good luxury resources on the map. Let's hope that we will get some in our system.

Turn 5. The industry improvement we were building on Codexia I is completed. Let's build an isotope refinery there:
9GqUf.png

Turn 6. The xenology research is completed. Of course we didn't get any luxury resources in Codexia. Well, nevermind let's start our next research, which will be:
FJQvz.png

Turn 7. On our way to the blue star we meet another ship.
ICO0X.png

It looks like united empire design, but I'm not 100% sure and it doesn't matter anyway,we will conquer them soon enough.

On to the next turn.

Turn 8. Our factory ship arrived at the blue star and...
kiSQ6.jpg

JACKPOT! A huge 6 planet system with tundra, desert, lava and ocean planets in it!
:yeah:

It even has luxury resources on 2 of the planets:
qJo5j.png
gqzzT.png

Pure awesome.

We promptly colonized the large tundra planet and established this system as a codexian outpost:
zmN7O.png

We got enough dust(money/spice) to hire our first hero.
Who are we going to pick?
hAUE2.png

Kef looks like the best choice for a governor:
M97Yl.png

So we hire him/her and appoint it as a governor of our newly established outpost.

One last thing we can do this turn is to lower the taxes in order to make the drones fervent, which in turn gives us +15% industry and +15% food:
CHXWU.png

And this concludes our first chapter.

How should we name our new system?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom