Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Eternal Dagger!

DaveO

Erudite
I'm using a different recorder to continue the LP and provide an update at month 19 on my channel. If that's too boring, maybe some of my other videos would be up your alley.

DaveO

Erudite
One more game video showing my party versus some big bugs in the ruins. I know that my updates have been infrequent, but I do intend to see this LP thru to the end.

DaveO

Erudite
I moved my party on towards the Dwarven lands for the next video update. I cleared almost all of the deep desert with some exceptions(due to lack of regeneration items). I'll clear the Dwarven area of resistance, and if the patrols dare to attack it will mean more money for my party and the extermination of all Dwarven patrols.

DaveO

Erudite
My party reached the start of the third game year, and I posted a video update to my YouTube channel. If you ever wanted to see a sequel to one of the current RPG Spotlights from Gamebansee, check out any of the combat videos.

DaveO

Erudite
I'm putting this LP on hiatus due to much more important personal projects coming up at the start of next year. Once my projects are completed, I may return to this LP and finish it up.

sportinmorton

Novice
Newbie here. Fond memories of this one, and planning to replay after 25 odd years. I'd like to make a starting party similar to yours. Could you share the specs from creation in Wizard's Crown, if possible?

DaveO

Erudite
I picked up my LP from the point I left off at. Sorry for the almost nine year delay in returning to this. I WILL be finishing up this game finally. I posted a year 17 overview, and a dwarven patrol attacked my party on the Dwarf island. The Dwarves encountered zero return on investment from their ambush. Meanwhile my party profits AND ALL Dwarven patrols will be executed on sight. That's my revenge for being ambushed. Greedy, greedy Dwarves!

New Dwarf annihilation video is at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riLhLFR8wdE

P.S. - Whoever is maintaining the LP database, please add this as active.

DaveO

Erudite
I have played further along in the game since my last update. I have cleared out multiple Dwarven patrols, and I have used the funds to enchant items in my party. I have cleared the southeast area of the island(it is the "safest" by far, although Dwarf patrols can be a surprise if you let them be). The Fireball spell is rapiply approaching uselessness, although it is ~ 50% effective against the Dwarves. The fights against SRI and the Demon Bear Arcturus? Forget it. Fireball is useless for those. I have TWO characters very well protected against physical attacks thanks to the unintended "generosity" of the Dwarves. I will use as many characters as substitute sorcerers that I can in the upcoming difficult fights. I've sold fireball potions and scrolls, but kept any wands and staves as a backup option. I've reached month four of year 17 and I recorded a video that I will upload most likely in the week before Christmas. I'll have bonus game videos of another game I discussed in another thread.

DaveO

Erudite
I did get a comment in my YouTube video section where some person gave the whole party Dwarven Hammers and massively mashed the oppostion. I was not planning on doing yet another video LP of the series, but this approach definitely deserves it with my Apple party that I finished Wizard's Crown with. :yeah:

DaveO

Erudite
I will try to defeat Anawt at the end of Eternal Dagger.

DaveO

Erudite
I'm closing on the end of my LP. I have to go through Alvis' Tower again, so I'll see if there is stuff to enchant first.

DaveO

Erudite
And so I made three attempts at the optional fight against Anawt and the demons. SSI made the fight unwinnable. No Dust of Disapperance or anything else to try to make you win. And so if anybody is still tracking this LP it is finally complete after years.

DaveO

Erudite
I've uploaded the videos of the finale to my YouTube channel. They won't be released until the end of 2022. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

:rage:

DaveO

Erudite
I moved my finale videos up to the middle of June in 2022. That's still almost a year to wait, but I have no intent to release them sooner.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom