Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive Let's Play Final Fantasy VII!

Fyz

Scholar
My first jrpg was ff7, and i really enjoyed it. Although I was 14 by the time i played it :p
Anyway, if it wasn't for ff7, i probably would have never played former ff games, like ff4 and ff6, or other jrpgs.

Also, i can only agree with those who say that ff has excelent music. Even my favourite boss theme ever is ff6's "decisive battle".
Squirting Shy Gay-Sex Couple Solo Student Busty-Teen Speculum Facial Pale Model Natural-Boobs Secretary Femdom MILF Smokin-Movies Stripper Lick Plumper Juicy Coed Monster-Cock Cowgirl Sleeping Masturbation Throat-Fucked Frog-Sex Beauty Group-Sex Tricked Legs Hairy Uniform Tanned Messy-Facials Banging Black-Teen Foreplay Vintage Mature

1eyedking

Erudite
In the next area I need enough gil (money) to buy 99 Iron Banglesfor a Level 8 perfect save.

I feel my IQ dropping already...

PS: Is there a point where I can change my character's names?

Is venatus certus vultus hellagayuys!

Twinnus Susainius
icon_salut.gif
icon_salut.gif

DraQ

Arcane
Niektory said:
DraQ said:
How do all those genuine jRPGs compare to Anachronox
They usually have less minigames (FF7 being an exception here) and puzzles and more combat. And less lulz.
I thought more along the lines of less tangible elements - for example Anox was basically a rip off of a jRPG in terms of mechanics, but was an awesome game.

(which starts with 'U')?
Huh?
Anachronox injoke.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
1eyedking said:
In the next area I need enough gil (money) to buy 99 Iron Banglesfor a Level 8 perfect save.

Why? That isn't power gaming. That is just dumb.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
How can you powerplay any game, if you haven't finished it even once and don't have ritch knowledge of gameplay mechanics? Powerplaying is all about exploitation.

1eyedking

Erudite
The game doesn't offer much in the powerplaying department. It's just 'get better items', 'level up more', 'get all materia', etc., and not about 'choosing the right stats', 'building up the right skills' nor 'making sound tactical decisions'.

The more I play it, the more I'm compelled to letting it go. I'm not even an hour into the game and it's already starting to bore the fuck out of me.

I'll pick it up someday this week, when I feel creative enough to provide lulz-worthy captions.

1eyedking

Erudite
By all means, yes. Hell, when you tire up, maybe I could follow. This is one of those games where I need to take pauses.

MetalCraze

Arcane
^you've burned out really quick.

Things that kept me through FF7 are actually it's setting and dark atmosphere, especially in the last part of the game. I'm speaking about that meteor thing.

I don't remember clearly my first jrpg though. I think it was secret of mana 2 or ff3.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
DraQ said:
I thought more along the lines of less tangible elements - for example Anox was basically a rip off of a jRPG in terms of mechanics, but was an awesome game.
There's a problem with less tangible elements - it's hard to write anything tangible about them. :P
Anachronox feels a bit like an adventure game because of fair amount of puzzles and witty dialogue. I guess that's what distinguishes it from jRPGs.
Anachronox injoke.
*slaps himself* How could I forget that one?

Lesifoere

Liturgist
It was my first JRPG also (my first western RPG ever, however, was PS:T--but never here nor there), and I liked it enough to have played it twice. Despite the dubious translation, it was still fairly compelling.

FF8, now... ah, hell. 1eyedking should've put that up as an option.

MetalCraze

Arcane
FF8 was the very same emo game with stereotypical characters...
well at least they looked less uglier there.

but the final boss fight that takes up to 40 minutes is so boring.

Mamon

Scholar
FF8 is ff7 but prettier. However, it is 10 times more broken. And the story (especially, the "childhood friends" revelation) made no sense. Oh well, at the very least it made less sense than ff7's plot anyway.

Mamon

Scholar
FF8 or FF7. I stil love the post industrial pre-rendered backgrounds of ff7. FF8 had a lot non-sensical arquitecture.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
FF8 has junctioning. Fucking junctioning. I never did finish it because of that. (Plus, Rinoa was annoying.)

Lemunde

Scholar
DraQ said:
Lesifoere said:
FF8 has junctioning. Fucking junctioning. I never did finish it because of that. (Plus, Rinoa was annoying.)
Junctioning?

Conjunction junction, what's your function?

Ok, a more useful response would be sucking magics out of enemies and shoving them inside summoned beasts that somehow miraculously modifies your stats and gives you super powers. Like most modern jRPGs the combat system isn't very logical or realistic.

Mamon

Scholar
This is the most coherent review of FF8 out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiToL55zwRI&feature=related

Feel free to watch the other parts.

This comment agree with:

"A long incoharent plot,a Cloud clone in Squall,
hours of life my wasted,mixing Final Fantasy
with school,I hate school,a broken ass battle
system,at least Square whent back to basics with
FF9 only to mess up again with FF10 and FF10-2
and that stupid movie The Spirits Within."

Murk

Arcane
Junctioning was a bold move to a very fresh system that didn't revolve around "shinier armor = better armor".

It unfortunately was a gigantic clusterfuck of fail.

The storyline was like a deep-throated cock being vomitted back up.

The characters should have all been shot by Steve Buscemi in the ending scenario.

And it was broken like all hell. With three characters and "aura" you automaticallly win the game, no questions asked.

In fact, they should have just skipped everything and when you got Irvine to join and gained Aura, some little dialog menu would pop up and say 'The rest of the story sucks fat choad and none of the enemies are a challenge except for one retarded superboss that you won't be able to fight because there's some retarded annoying puzzle you have to do to even get there, want to just quit and go play a game that doesn't toss ass?'

and your options would be one of three: "yes", "no (but it's actually yess)", the third one would be a heated glass spike to your frenulum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom