Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive Let's Play Final Fantasy VII!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
FF8 >FF7 Period.

Thats aid, it's funny eharing about FF7 being 'button smashing' combat when all you do in FO is mouse click click click click repeatedly. L0L How repetitive. HAHAHA!

Mamon

Scholar
I agree with her/him a lot. But not in FF8, I think it sucks. Although I agree with her/him that FF7 is not buttom mashing.

Is Volourn a girl or a man? I asked him/her and the only answer I got was: MYSTARRYSZZZ

1eyedking

Erudite
Volourn said:
Thats aid, it's funny eharing about FF7 being 'button smashing' combat when all you do in FO is mouse click click click click repeatedly. L0L How repetitive. HAHAHA!
What the hell? In Fallout you can aim specific body parts, switch between primary and secondary weapons, reload, move, grab items, toss grenades, sneak, lock doors to trap enemies, take cover by strafing behind obstacles, etc.

In FF7 all you do is press Circle Circle Circle until the other guys die. Every fight feels just like the one before.

obediah

Erudite
Mamon said:
Is Volourn a girl or a man? I asked him/her and the only answer I got was: MYSTARRYSZZZ

Stop asking questions you don't need an answer to and enjoy what it does to you.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Volourn is he. solved this mystery by finding his old defunct myspace page using his email which left to some 33 yrs old canadian.

now quickly remove all evidence before more people will learn the truth about this "MYSTARY"

Volourn said:

at least in fallout you do something intelligent using mouse.
ff does not have mouse support at all which it needs.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
1eyedking said:
In FF7 all you do is press Circle Circle Circle until the other guys die. Every fight feels just like the one before.

Holding down circle makes it a whole lot less painful.

Radisshu

Prophet
Mamon said:
FF8 is ff7 but prettier. However, it is 10 times more broken. And the story (especially, the "childhood friends" revelation) made no sense. Oh well, at the very least it made less sense than ff7's plot anyway.

THAT ruined the storyline for me. Unlike most members of this board I really like FF7, althouh I don't really consider JRPGs to be actual RPGs, but the whole "We were childhood friends.. then forgot about i!" plot was so bad I quit playing 8 altogether. "So.. you forgot about it huh? Some kind of amnesia thing? Evil magic? Traumatic experience?" "Nope, just forgot." "Oooh-kay."

I mean they lived on a fucking ORPHANAGE together WITH the first villain for THEIR ENTIRE CHILDHOODs and just FORGOT? Damn. It's getting me annoyed even thinking about it.

EDIT: This thread is good though, seeing someone playing a game I'm so familiar with is pretty hilarious.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
skyway said:
as do FF7

it's like deciding what shit tastes better.
FF7 ain't that bad of a game. FF8 is unplayable and has no redeeming features like storyline. It has the best music out of them all, but only in the sense of the redone and orchestrated versions that didn't appear in the game, so it barely gets credit for that.

MetalCraze

Arcane
kingcomrade said:
skyway said:
as do FF7

it's like deciding what shit tastes better.
FF7 ain't that bad of a game. FF8 is unplayable and has no redeeming features like storyline. It has the best music out of them all, but only in the sense of the redone and orchestrated versions that didn't appear in the game, so it barely gets credit for that.

FF7 was bearable for me until I got that... lion (wtf?) in my party and Aeris OMG DIED!!!!
after that the storyline went too emo but I still decided to finish the game because of the meteor.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"What the hell? In Fallout you can aim specific body parts, switch between primary and secondary weapons, reload, move, grab items, toss grenades, sneak, lock doors to trap enemies, take cover by strafing behind obstacles, etc."

All done by pressing one mouse button (right click). L0L Don't need the keyboard. Don't need left click. It's just right, right click, and on, and on.

Just like FF7 which allows you to do different things as well from physical attacks, spells, special abilities, and items. Woopity do dah.

P.S. FF8 > FF7 This is fact.

P.S.S. I do agree the whole orphanage thing was silly.

Section8

Cipher
Untitled45.jpg

imperial city lol

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Who the fuck are you? No, seriously, who the fuck are you?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
plot wise? we r kids in saym orhpangage we 4got each ohhter cuz we used guardian farce
draw system? keep that boss alive till we have all the magic we needed
stipend cash system? afk for money yay

ff8 saving grace is the graphics

Radisshu

Prophet
RK47 said:
plot wise? we r kids in saym orhpangage we 4got each ohhter cuz we used guardian farce
draw system? keep that boss alive till we have all the magic we needed
stipend cash system? afk for money yay

Oh right, that's how they tried to pull that one off. Stupid bastards. If anything like that had been hinted at it might have come off as not so... TERRIBLY STUPID, but now it just felt like the writer came up with it on the spot. "OH yeah maybe it's because we use GFs and mash our buttons a lot to charge them and stuff, because I heard they could cause amnesia once?"

afewhours

Scholar
RK47 said:

FFVIII's saving grace was Quistis. Oh, I loved Quistis - I have a little model of her on my desk. Squall has no taste, but then he always struck me as a massive closet case because everyone's gay in JRPG land.

Edit: The orphanage thing remains the single worst moment in any game ever. Someone should do a let's play FFVIII just so the whole Codex can witness it.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I loved how broken FF8's junction system was. If you junctioned something awfully powerful in the early game to your HP stat, you could keep your HP low, low enough to give you your Limit Breaks, while not actually being low enough to be a danger. That's pretty much how I beat that game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom