Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Inactive Let's Play Final Fantasy VII!

1eyedking

Erudite
Stop pilfering my thread, goddamit.

Update coming tomorrow.

Lemunde

Scholar
kris said:
xantrius said:
The potential of the medium of anime rocks! Josei and Seinen ftw ... okay Josei is vertually nonexistence within anime, but that is just the cruel world order's fault .... ;P

What makes anime have more potential than other other form of medium?

For me it was the sheer amount of originality and deep psychological story lines. At least at first. Then I found out that half of anime is either school girl uniforms or awkward giant robots or both. So just like any other form of media you have to sift through the shit to find the good stuff.

1eyedking said:
Stop pilfering my thread, goddamit.

Update coming tomorrow.

So you ARE updating. I thought you had given up on it.

vrok

Liturgist
Playstation kids and anime fags... Almost worse than furries.

Mamon

Scholar
1eyedking, good thread btw. I would replay the game too, however I replayed ff7 not so long ago.

Lurkar

Scholar
I forgot how much I missed those delightful popeye tumors that served as limbs.

Andhaira

Arcane
FFviii is the most overhyped piece of crap around. There are also a couple of things that make no sense:

For instance, when a pc dies, you can use phoenix down to bring 'em back to life. But when that girl dies in a cutscene, you can't bring her back to life.

Stupid.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
:rolls eyes:

Actually, in Final Fantasy V, and that's the best part of it, they try to use Phoenix Down on Galuf/Garuf, which was neat. I always hoped they'd do that.

Section8

Cipher
I tried using Phoenix Down on Gorion. Doesn't work, but it's probably the coolest easter egg in Baldur's Gate.

DraQ

Arcane
ghostdog said:
Ghost In The Shell , Cowboy Bebop
I've never been into anime, but with these I can agree.

xantrius said:
The potential of the medium of anime rocks!
Since when is anime a whole fucking medium? The medium is cartoon, anime is a style.

skyway said:
I don't find those anime girlz with ridiculously huge eyes any hawt.
does that mean I'm normal?
You might be.

vrok said:
Playstation kids and anime fags... <s>Almost</s> worse than furries.
Fix'd.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
ghostdog said:
Ghost In The Shell , Cowboy Bebop
Ah yes, the classics.

skyway said:
I don't find those anime girlz with ridiculously huge eyes any hawt.
does that mean I'm normal?
If yes, then I'm not normal - tell me something I don't know...

Fyz

Scholar
Andhaira said:
FFviii is the most overhyped piece of crap around. There are also a couple of things that make no sense:

For instance, when a pc dies, you can use phoenix down to bring 'em back to life. But when that girl dies in a cutscene, you can't bring her back to life.

Stupid.
That's because her essence integrates itself into the intergalactical materia flow.

xantrius

Liturgist
afewhours said:
xantrius said:
What a constructive approach to your own existence and your surroundings :roll: Yeah in that sense.

Heh heh! I was being flippant, dear. :D Perhaps you were as well, but it can be difficult to tell with this internet malarky, hey? Maybe I should use more emoticons? Hmm...

My response was a result of my whimsical playfulness, triggered by your ambiguity, by building further on the structure of ambiguity created. I’d like to blame my weary self; weary due to being in the progress of changing my day rhythm, but that is naught but an excuse, that I don’t take seriously… There was though no intentional ill-will or some such targeted at you.

kris said:
xantrius said:
The potential of the medium of anime rocks! Josei and Seinen ftw ... okay Josei is vertually nonexistence within anime, but that is just the cruel world order's fault .... ;P

What makes anime have more potential than other other form of medium?

I’ve not said such a thing ;P
I ‘m fond of my creativity hence my interest in speculative fiction; which spreads to different mediums as, for instance, crps and anime, moreover it is one reason, albeit amplified by others, for my fondness of Nietzsche.
Another thing I like is diversity.

Concerning the anime scene contra the jrpg one, equating these two is unfunded. The anime scene in Japan have a functioning and thriving genre, senien, aimed at a target group from 18-30+ (which of course doesn’t rule out decadent aspects per default), backed up by a senien manga scene. The adult PC scene in the west is worse of within mainstream, i.e. ruling out the indie scene, in this regard of having a niche dedicated to adults which will be capable enduring and deliver in the long run. Any adult scene within consol jrpgs are nonexistence, as far as I know, regardless it would be limited by its medium - the consol.
The anime Berserk, as has been mentioned is a work of sheer brilliance, its dominating theme of, a specific flavor, of elitism is eloquently brought to the fore implicitly thought-out the anime and perfectly rounded of in the end in an explicit manner. Primarily achieved by the psychological development of the protagonists’ / antagonist, i.e. by all the factors that make up who they are and what they become, plus, coupled with the setting, the very reality, they’re part of – munch.

DraQ wrote:
Since when is anime a whole fucking medium? The medium is cartoon, anime is a style.

Perspective ;p in Japan anime does note denote what anime means in the West - bit me.

A user named cat

Staying on topic -- my post got buried in heaps of anime chat, so I'll repost what I think you should look into 1eyedking before you go on.

You can make FF 7 look a lot better than that. Use Pete's OpenGL2 renderer and use some shader effects/2x Sai. You can get rid of the jaggies the same way you can using anti-aliasing for PC games. Also, If you really want to see some whacked out shit, make sure you do the Honey Bee Inn thing correctly (when you get to the wall market area). Not something you want to skip at all.

http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=67660&rid=62607

MetalCraze

Arcane

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've been following the Animamundi thread on the Let's Play forum for a while and I always expect those boys to have sex each new update, but it hasn't happened yet. I feel cheated.

Sovy Kurosei

Erudite
Jasede said:
I've been following the Animamundi thread on the Let's Play forum for a while and I always expect those boys to have sex each new update, but it hasn't happened yet. I feel cheated.

Now I have wasted a few hours reading through it.

Jasede said:

There, there... do not feel bad.

First, Georik with Mephistopheles.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2857/animamundi120wt6.jpg

Then, St.Germain with Bruno

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5200/animamundi126ed3.jpg

And just for kicks... Mikhail and Georik - This should appear in the next "update" or the one after that one, if memory does not fail me.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4918/animamundi064mi6.jpg

Have fun. :wink:

kris

Arcane
afewhours said:
No! It means you are a freak of nature with serious psychosexual problems! Don't worry, though, I am an expert at "handling" such cases. All will be cured when you take a butchers at this

In the future the deviants will be the normal people and the normal people will be the deviants.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The Rambling Sage said:
Jasede said:

There, there... do not feel bad.

First, Georik with Mephistopheles.

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2857/animamundi120wt6.jpg

Then, St.Germain with Bruno

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5200/animamundi126ed3.jpg

And just for kicks... Mikhail and Georik - This should appear in the next "update" or the one after that one, if memory does not fail me.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/4918/animamundi064mi6.jpg

Have fun. :wink:
OMG what's this Bishonen avalanche? :shock: 1eyedking do something quick or you'll lose the momentum... :lol:

Something like this:
Also, If you really want to see some whacked out shit, make sure you do the Honey Bee Inn thing correctly (when you get to the wall market area). Not something you want to skip at all. http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.h ... &rid=62607

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom