Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play Football Manager - Full-time

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Zdzisiu said:
And Yay, I'm in Olimpique.

Yah, Lyonne. I'm Marsaille. ;)

So, for a defensive mid that can't jump, I guess that's pretty good? ;) Seriously though, being slow and not much of a jumper needn't matter much, if you're good at anticipating the play and position yourself accordingly. That's from watching football avidly for the last 10 years or so, with my focus on the defenders.

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Jumping matters a lot to Central Defenders in this game during defending of corners and such. If the opposing striker can jump 2 feet higher then your defender he'll get his head to the ball and chances are you'll find yourself a goal down. Also the defender won't be able to clear long balls and corners coming to the target man's head.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
It's a poor game if only defenders matter in corners. In modern football, proficient jumpers amongs midfielders and strikers participate in the defence on own corners as well. In the recognition of the fact that not everyone jumps as high as the other person on the field.
Still, this is a simulation, and I'll respect that fact. Still doesn't invalidate my point in real life games. ;)

Azira said:
It's a poor game if only defenders matter in corners. In modern football, proficient jumpers amongs midfielders and strikers participate in the defence on own corners as well. In the recognition of the fact that not everyone jumps as high as the other person on the field.
Still, this is a simulation, and I'll respect that fact. Still doesn't invalidate my point in real life games. ;)
True, but it's nice to know you can rely on your defenders to handle any situation thrown at them.

Don't get too attached to your teams though, as I will have to restart the game to edit in more players.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
True, and if my player sucks, I expect him to be subbed out after a few games, due to being sucky. :) This was just my take on making an interesting player. Still hope to see him have some modicum of succes before burning out though. ;)

Come on people, we need at least 13 (12 once The Barbarian is ready to grace us with his presence) more players before we're able to start; feel free to volunteer a friend in case you don't want to risk getting a broken wrist yourself.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
There is no such thing as soccer, when you play a ball with a foot it is football.

Okay... well, in that case.

My position: Diver

Skills: Diving, Whining to Refs

Edit: Alright, and that's all I'll do. Continue the LP gentleman.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Undead Phoenix said:
Come on people, we need at least 13 (12 once The Barbarian is ready to grace us with his presence) more players before we're able to start; feel free to volunteer a friend in case you don't want to risk getting a broken wrist yourself.

Since you're strapped for players, I'll lend you my cheerleader from my Blood Bowl LP
bb2010073104292921.jpg

Full Name: Cultist Chan
Nickname: The Transvestite Terror
Data of Birth: Dec 24, 1989
Preferred Ethnicity: Codexian
Preferred Hair Colour: Purple, or black
Height: 169 cm
Weight: 53 kg

Left Foot: 10
Right Foot: 15

Adaptability: 4
Ambition: 10
Controversy: 1
Loyalty: 20
Pressure: 15
Professionalism: 3
Sportsmanship: 7
Temperament: 16

Positions:

Defender Left: 20
Wing Back Left: 15
Sweeper: 15

Favored Moves:

Runs with the Ball Down Left
Marks Opponent Tightly
Stays back at all times

Abilities:

Tecnique: 200
Corners: 14
Crossing: 15
Dribbling: 17
Finishing: 9
First Touch: 11
Free Kick Taking: 7
Heading: 11
Long Shots: 12
Long Throws: 18
Marking: 20
Passing: 20
Penalty Taking: 9
Tackling: 20
Technique: 17

Mental: 191
Aggression: 8
Anticipation: 19
Bravery: 17
Composure: 11
Concentration: 16
Creativity: 10
Decisions: 18
Determination: 14
Flair: 7
Influence: 10
Off the Ball: 13
Positioning: 17
Team Work: 16
Work Rate: 15

Physical: 132
Acceleration: 20
Agility: 19
Balance: 14
Jumping: 18
Natural Fitness: 16
Pace: 19
Stamina: 15
Strength: 11

Goalkeeping: 17
Areal Ability: 2
Command of Area: 1
Communication: 1
Eccentricity: 1
Handling: 2
Kicking: 2
One on One: 3
Reflexes: 1
Rushing Out: 1
Tendency to Punch: 2
Throwing: 1

Total: 540

My encyclopedic knowledge* of football tells me that a sweeper will be issued a broom, with which to practice kung-fu moves on other players. :thumbsup:

*22 players try to kick a ball. That about covers it.

Got a first team now, just waiting for reserves! Okay, I've stuck everyone in so far and started a new game to check everything out when I see this:
:shock:
xxhex.jpg

andhaira.png
: Death to Israel!
mantouk.jpg
: I didn't plan on doing a match before getting my full squad, but what the hell. Just don't expect me to explain anything :M

I use one of my old tactics. I don't quite have the players to fit it but hey, I'm not making one up right now.
2poqhs9.jpg

2lvl013.jpg

I've beaten both Barcelona and Real Madrid 5-1 with this tactic, so I know it works (can't beat Chelsea for love nor money with it though)

brianmoorecommentator.jpg
: And its off! Patrinho and Fumbles kick off with Codexia playing from left to right in their striking all-pink strip.
6hneza.jpg

: Patrinho knocks it back to Village Loon, who passes it to Little Dagon, who plays it Left to Cultist Chan

n2iqdz.png

2lsfk2w.png

2uj0b9j.png

30bplpe.png

mantouk.jpg
: :smug:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
If you want me on the reserves, randomize all my skills. No way in hell am I making an effort at typing all that shit in.

Name: Andyman Messiah
Nickname: Unicorn Boy

I'd prefer a defensive position. Harkens back to my IRL football playing days.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Aww yeah! Did you see the way I touched those balls? That is a ball-touching artist at work! :smug:

Ulminati said:
Aww yeah! Did you see the way I touched those balls? That is a ball-touching artist at work! :smug:
Don't count your chickens before they've hatched :smug:

359bwk5.jpg

: AndhairaX crosses and the ball is cleared from the 6-yard line by Strul, but only as far as the Village Loon.

117cob4.jpg

: vStrul out-jumps Zdzisiu and clears the ball again - once again clearing it only as far as Village Loon (is this football or is this volleyball?), who once heads it back high into the penalty box... cleared again by Strul... back to Village Loon, who wins his aerial challenge to head the ball back into the box towards AndhairaX

2n03jgk.jpg

fxi6g.jpg

: Fumbles is in the clear. He has to score!

t8srns.jpg

:rage:

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Ah, I see you're using the good old "Christmas tree" formation. :smug: Worked wonders with it back when the game was called Championship Manager.

But... What the hell am I doing playing DC ?! :x

Sovard

Sovereign of CDS
Those sneaky heebs have turned Fumbles against us

ghostdog said:
Ah, I see you're using the good old "Christmas tree" formation. :smug: Worked wonders with it back when the game was called Championship Manager.

But... What the hell am I doing playing DC ?! :x
Sorry bro, but I only have 11 players and I needed someone to fill in for centre-back.

Anyway, what do you think of the updates? Too much information or too little? Too many pictures or too few? Also I'd welcome any suggests as to what image hosting website to use - uploading them 1 by 1 is taking ages

34oc938.jpg

: A poor pass from Amram is intercepted by Lefty, who moves the ball forward to Fumbles

242w.jpg

: Fumbles has space to move into down the left flank. Fumbles takes the ball forward

243ge.jpg

: Fumbles' cross finds Lefty free in the box!

244v.jpg

: But it's right at the keeper. That should have been a goal!

281h.jpg

: A poor clearence from Blondie is incercepted by Katan who plays it first time to Bozaglo in a dangerous position. Blondie herds him towards the edge of the penalty area.

282ek.jpg

: It's a penalty! Bozaglo was tripped by Blondie!!

2exrpro.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
In my Blood Bowl LP (shameless plug), I'm usng Fraps to grab a bunch of screenshots, irfanview to batch resize+convert to jpg and imageshacks uploader thingie to mass-upload all the screenshots.

Liking the plays, but I'd rather see one massive update with a full match than have t spread over several posts

Ulminati said:
In my Blood Bowl LP (shameless plug), I'm usng Fraps to grab a bunch of screenshots, irfanview to batch resize+convert to jpg and imageshacks uploader thingie to mass-upload all the screenshots.

Liking the plays, but I'd rather see one massive update with a full match than have t spread over several posts
Aye, so would I. This match is only really a test and I still need more players, so we're not ready to get into the full swing of things yet.

I'll have a look with the programs you suggested. I'm just really only using MS paint at the moment, which is horribly, horribly inefficient

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom