Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play IWD 2, #24 Motherfucking snakes in this... Tree?

desocupado

Magister
As the intrepid party advances, a feeling of dread takes over them. The previously inocuous cemetery, is now fraught with danger...

wiz-1.jpg
- Mortimer, stop this sillyness.

Hearing the bossy wizard shout orders, the elegant dashing rogue wonders to himself, what possibly could have made that woman so bitchy.

Wizerella casts Fire Arrow.

With a ballet-like pirouette, gracious, and yet assertively manly, the ruggedly handsome knave dogdes the flaming projectile.

liz-1.jpg
- Oh, Wizzie, leave him to his fun. It's not like the undead are going to jump out because of the noise.

wiz-1.jpg
- Fine. But don't call me Wizzie.

Screenshot258.jpg

sir-1.jpg
- So, you went with "heads on pike" anyway?

Hiepherus - Yeah, couldn't think of anything else. I should have read the book.

sir-1.jpg
- There's a book for thrash talking?

Hiepherus - Yes, "Threats and Curses: What to shout at Bane's enemies.".

Hiepherus - It's 3 volumes big.

Screenshot268.jpg

As you can see, a shitload of Neo-Orogs spawn.

Screenshot271.jpg

Haste on Dwarfington so he can deal with the mob. I think I tried Circle of Death too, but only a few died I guess. Shitty spell. Well, actually no damaging spell does enough damage to kill a target on one cast, so if it kills even one enemy, it's superior to a lot of spells. But for some reason, I still find it underwhelming.

Screenshot272.jpg

A nice Flamestrike disrupts whatever the Banite was casting.

Screenshot274.jpg

But it isn't much use, since he heals himself afterwards. The melee guys are thinning the numbers quite well.

Screenshot277.jpg

Wizerella uses a Flame Arrow on the Banite

Screenshot279.jpg

The Orogs are almost all dead.

Screenshot282.jpg

And I kill Hiepherus before he finishes casting whatever that was.

Screenshot284.jpg

The party quickly cleans up and loots the place. Nothing special found, a somewhat decent flail that was going to be replaced pretty soon.

Screenshot302.jpg

We move to look for that Iselore guy.

Screenshot304.jpg

Red Yuan-Ti - How do you think the Banite was slain?

Green Yuan-Ti - Probably an arrow to the throat while he trash talked.

Red Yuan-Ti - That's actually the most common cause of death for Banites, after hemorrhaging due to severed tongue.

Screenshot311.jpg

Those guys are push-overs

Screenshot314.jpg

Very soon they're dead. The archers give some arrows, which I was sorely needing. Decent arrows are expensive as fuck in this game.

After we move a bit...

Screenshot318.jpg

Iselore - Kuldahar is under attack by the Yuan-Ti. I sent for you because I had hopes you could stop it.

Iselore - I need you to slay the Guardian, he commands the invasion.

sir-1.jpg
- And why would we do that? Our business is with the Legion of the Chimera.

Iselore - The Legion has contacts with the Yuan-Ti, thus weakening the Yuan-Ti would weaken the Legion too.

Iselore - Besides, we need the help, and I can tell you the best way to the Severed Hand, as I'm sure Oswald mentioned.

sir-1.jpg
- But why are the Yuan-Ti attacking?

Iselore - Well, things started when a farmer killed a snake while tilling his field.

Iselore - That's normally a harmless incident, but that snake was the aunt of a High Priest of Seth.

Iselore - The diplomatic relations further soured when the farmer showed up in front of the high priest and was asked where the snake's corpse was.

Iselore - He then proceeded to look at his brand new snake skin boots, and then uneasily looked at me and the high priest.

Iselore - I have to say, he looked really fashionable in those.

Iselore - Anyway, are you going to take my offer?

sir-1.jpg
- Yes, fine.

Screenshot361.jpg

Here's the portal.

Screenshot363.jpg

And lo and behold! Snakes!

Screenshot364.jpg

We are missing a plane, though.

Burning blood disables one priest.

Screenshot367.jpg

I just let the guys hit the enemies. Not a really dangerous fight.

Screenshot369.jpg

The last priest starts casting Unholy Blight. That shit fucked me up in the early levels.

Screenshot370.jpg

But he dies before the spell goes out.

Screenshot373.jpg

Screenshot378.jpg

Some sight-seeing

Screenshot379.jpg

That's an efficient method of teaching right there. "Learn or I'll snap your necks"

Knowing myself, I would probably end up with a broken neck, though.

Screenshot397.jpg

They dropped those cloak things. We're going to use them to disguise ourselves. Why? There's a temple there, and we have enter it.

Screenshot024.jpg

Those are very pretty backgrounds. An Aztec vibe. We enter.

Screenshot029.jpg

We move around, without finding any Yuan-Ti, but a few traps, which we go disarming along the way.

Screenshot030a.jpg

mort-1.jpg
- Guys, uh where does Seth embraces the unbelievers?

sir-1.jpg
- How would Seth embrace the unbelievers, isn't he a big snake? How you embrace without arms?

barb-1.jpg
- Well, those fuckers are snakes with arms, so their god...

barb-1.jpg
- What really doesn't make sense to me, is why would Seth embrace the unbelievers. He should embrace his followers, right?

mort-1.jpg
- Maybe there was someone in his life he loved very much, but didn't believe in him.

mort-1.jpg
- Like his mother. She would see little Seth playing with his toy followers, and she would think "This boy will never amount to anything", then light a cigarette, grab the boy, and put him in his cradle, with scales painted on it. She would then embrace him lovingly, but still be bitter that he reminded her too much of his father, a deadbeat who used to hit her. She never allowed herself to show him affection, other than that embrace in his cradle of scales.

wiz-1.jpg
- Mortimer what the hell are you talking about, that makes no sense...

sir-1.jpg
barb-1.jpg
- - Start sobbing a bit -

sir-1.jpg
- Excuse me, I have to wash my face, I have dust in my eyes.

barb-1.jpg
- Me too.

Yuan-Ti Guard - You two don't move, you have to answer the question, where does Seth embraces the unbelievers?

Screenshot030b.jpg

Screenshot031.jpg

sir-1.jpg
barb-1.jpg
- - Both start to move faster, as they start to sob louder -

Screenshot035.jpg

We move a bit more, to find those guys. We are still using the initiate cover, so they don't attack us. They are praying here. We leave the place.

Screenshot045a.jpg

sir-1.jpg
barb-1.jpg
wiz-1.jpg
liz-1.jpg
- - Look at Mortimer -

mort-1.jpg
- - Shrugs -

Screenshot047.jpg

The Yuan-Ti are now hostile.

Screenshot049.jpg

But there are only a few initiates and the guard in this area, no problem at all. We move.

Screenshot051.jpg

A room filled with Yuan-Ti.

Screenshot052.jpg

Fireball. I keep the chars outside the room, to have some sort of bottleneck in the doorway.

Screenshot053.jpg

But they sort of spill out of the room.

Screenshot055.jpg

I don't have much of a clue on what's happening in that blob, but Chain Lightning was picked so there would be no friendly fire.

Screenshot057.jpg

Their numbers are thinning.

Screenshot058.jpg

I'm getting better at aiming Flamestrikes. I never used them much in the other playthroughs. I think I always had 2 wizards or sorcerers, so my cleric/druid was always relegated to buffing and healing.

Screenshot061.jpg

Uneventful. There's only the clean up now, a few sorcerers that were outside of range.

Screenshot070.jpg

That lever raises a platform...

Screenshot072.jpg

...That is full of Heartless Dead. They are not heartless because they kick puppies, they had their hearts removed. Why they still move about is anybody's guess.

Inside that room is the reason we needed to get inside this temple. Not SSed, but there was a column there that is needed to summon the guardian.

The Heartless Dead move towards whoever has their hearts, and attack them, in this case, some Yuan-Ti. They might attack the player characters if you slay those Yuan-Ti and decides to carry those hearts thinking they're some part of a puzzle or something.

Screenshot081.jpg

This puzzle is annoying as fuck. You gotta press all the stones and the door opens, but some stones keep raising themselves after you press others. There's no indication on how that works, it's trial and error.

Screenshot083.jpg

Of fucking course I looked the solution on the net. I hate that kind of puzzle.

Screenshot085.jpg

Histachii Cannon Fodder.

Screenshot091.jpg

After we deal with those creatures, we find:

Screenshot093.jpg

:yeah:

And a three other level 7 spells.

Screenshot102.jpg

Look, dead Heartless Dead on the ground.

Screenshot104.jpg

Those guys are tougher, as the "Elite" in their name suggests.

Screenshot105.jpg

In numbers they are dangerous.

Screenshot105.jpg

I'm casting Circle of Death

Screenshot106.jpg

It goes off, as evidenced by that little skull there, but their HD is too high, they're unnafected.

Wizerella is being target. That's always a pain in the ass.

Screenshot109.jpg

I don't remember what I was casting here, sorry. Probably Fire Arrow, since the icon is greyed out in the next SS, but I didn't see the damage.

Screenshot111.jpg

The big guy finally dies, 66 damage, that's a lot. Shame it's piercing damage.

Look, it's a Seth statue. It has wings, but no arms! Hmm, it probably uses its wings to embrace things.

I wonder why it likes to embrace things so much.

Screenshot112.jpg

We move up a bit and find those guys.

Screenshot113.jpg

That thing protects against low level spells

Screenshot114.jpg

It doesn't cover Flame Strike, though.

Screenshot115.jpg

I got a Halberd for Barbaric!, never used those before, but the thing did huge added cold damage. It ended up with a damage potential of 11-35 before buffing/power attack and without the 10% chance of 1d10 cold damage.

1d10 piercing damage, 3d6 cold damage, and 10% chance of additional 1d10 cold damage.

Although if the target resists cold, then it's pretty shitty, so I kept his former weapon.

Screenshot116.jpg

They die laughably easily.

I use Mortimer to loot the place, but it doesn't wield anything good.

There was another tough fight, but it was way messy, I didn't understand/remember much of what happened, so I decided to omit it.

So we leave the temple to summon the Guardian.

After we put the columns in place...

Screenshot160.jpg

Screenshot162.jpg

Screenshot164.jpg

Screenshot165.jpg

Screenshot166.jpg

Guardian - WHO SUMMONED ME?

liz-1.jpg
- No need to yell, I have sensitive ears!

Guardian - Sorry, I'm a bit deaf, I tend to talk loudly sometimes.

Guardian - How can I help you?

wiz-1.jpg
- We were sent to slay you.

Guardian - Slay me? But why? Who sent you?

sir-1.jpg
- Iselore.

Guardian - Iselore?

Guardian - Jesus! Just tell the guy I've got his money already.

sir-1.jpg
- His money?

Guardian - Yeah, we played poker last week, and I lost, and ended up owing him some money.

Guardian - But he's an impatient jackass.

Guardian - The other time this happened, he told some adventurers that I'm an malign creature and that they should break my legs, because those are my evil bones.

Guardian - The idiots fell for it, and I had to spit acid on their heads so the morons stopped running around me with a Sledgehammer.

Guardian - The asshole thinks it's funny.

sir-1.jpg
- What about the Yuan-Ti invasion?

Guardian - What about it?

sir-1.jpg
- You're not commanding it?

Guardian - Commanding it? No, no man, what the hell? I just live in a bad neighborhood, I don't have anything to do with these guys.

Guardian - In fact I hate those fuckers, keep me awake all night with those "Seth this, Seth that" chanting.

Guardian - - Sighs - I gotta stop gambling...

sir-1.jpg
- - Whispering - He seems sincere.

mort-1.jpg
- - Whispering - Hey, I don't want to fight a dragon unless I'm absolutely sure I need to.

wiz-1.jpg
- - Whispering - For once, I completely agree with him.

sir-1.jpg
- - Whispering - Fine by me, we killed enough Yuan-Ti to stop whatever invasion they might be doing, anyway.

sir-1.jpg
- Hey man, sorry about bothering you.

Guardian - Hey, no problem. Tell that fucker I got his money already, and I pay him next time I see him.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Awesome! :thumbsup:

The Guardian dragon sounded like a sincere and reasonable guy. Also, Mortimer's story. I LoLed when the actual in-game dialogue turned out to be "in his cradle of scales".

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Nice! :salute:

Can you actually answer the question about the "black flower of the world" correctly? Or are you forced into a fight?

desocupado said:
She would see little Seth playing with his toy followers, and she would think "This boy will never amount to anything", then light a cigarette, grab the boy, and put him in his cradle, with scales painted on it. She would then embrace him lovingly, but still be bitter that he reminded her too much of his father, a deadbeat who used to hit her. She never allowed herself to show him affection, other than that embrace in his cradle of scales.

:what:

desocupado said:
Of fucking course I looked the solution on the net.

:rage:

desocupado said:
Hey man, sorry about bothering you.

:roll:

desocupado

Magister
You can get the answer correctly.

About the next update... I have a busy week, with one difficult test on the 11th.

I promise a new one on the 13th.

Hoodoo

It gets passed around.
Dumbfuck
cliffhanger, jeez :)
plus you cant reason with dragons
your a intrepid band of adventurers your sposed to kill it! :decline:

desocupado

Magister
Sorry guys, but I haven't had the motivation and creativity lately, it has become a chore to do it.

So, this is one is abandoned.

laclongquan

Arcane
Imma retrying it. First time I never even try the Ford. This time looks good, half way to the Dam.

Insane difficulty. But no unofficial patch. plump forgot.

Leader/Diplomat: Asimar Bardess, with Diplomacy and Concentrate. Hot leader chick is hot.
Designated Jock: Asimar Paladin. Concentrate, just because. Doting boyfriend of the leader chick, and the straight man of the group.
Mother: Human Dreadmistress of Bane. The chaperon of the whole setup, obviously.
Ugliest Sister: Deep Gnome Rogue. She's so ugly it's rare to have her in sight. Roguish Virgin, poor lass. Scout, Disable Trap, Open Lock, Messing with Monk Device, you said it, she did it.
Big Sister: Asimar Rogue. The social butterfly. She can argue and intimidate with the best of them, but something tell us she gonna change her job in future.
Family Witch: Human Mage. The highpower career-woman old maid.

As you can see, several weak points introduce to rebalance the game. 2 Rogues, one Bard. Insane. I also squatting levels abit because just dont find the need to levelup. The Spider Queen and the Malarite ambush forced my hands abit.

One thing I want to ask: Random lootdrop is determined by challenge rating right? Is that continuous, during-battle, or start-of-map. Is luck (from Luck spells) affect it?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom