Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Kerbal Space Program 0.9: Spaceplanes First

Quicksaving and Mission Reversals?

• NEVER! Ironman or bust!

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Yes. Spaceplanes are the hard

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters

Cassidy

Arcane
TXiENJE.png

Custom "Afrikan Union" difficulty (Note: Full Ironman* was also added)

*Except for shitty bugs.

Index

1. Last Days of the Kongo Space Program
  2. Reaching Orbit from a Dirt Launchpad
  3. Gathering Funds for the Mun Landing at any costs
  4. Worth less than five bucks
  5. Zulu Program
  6. Satellite Rain
  7. Preparing to Kolonize Minmus
  8. Beyond the West: no men left behind
  9. Orbital Logistics
  10. Epilogue

Better late than never. This will probably be less detailed than previous LPs of this game because I don't tend to overdo with screenshots, probably, more disastrous and I hope to establish self-sufficient colonies all across the solar system in this game because I installed mods for that and for life support simulation, some which latest versions were released this month. It was the result of getting bored with vanilla and adding successively complex simulations without much aid. No MechJeb because if I wanted a screensaver in Space I would play EVE Online instead.

:M

List of mods:

Toolbar: Handy UI extension

Active Texture Management(Basic Version): If you have more CPU power than physical memory, a must have for reducing lag, specially if you play with several mods.

Astronomer's Visual Pack: Either a must have or something to avoid of depending on whether your PC can run it or not. If you can't have both it and gameplay-enhancing mods that don't add overpowered parts to the game, always pick the latter unless you really are a graphicsfag.

Chatterer: Needed for some audio extras in the mentioned AVP.

CollisionFX: Adds SFX for collisions, whether from landing gear tires braking hardly during takeoff/landing, rover wheels going down too quickly or from other sources.

Contracts Window: Handy UI upgrade that also offers customization for mission rewards. It is a lot better than the default list for contracts.

Crowd Sourced Science: More descriptions for scientific experiments in-game.

Custom Asteroids: I hope they will not bounce like giant rubber balls upon colliding with a planet the way I saw in a certain video. Never got to the point in the game where asteroid mining happens(I have mods covering that)

Deadly Reentry: With only what it provides + stock parts mostly, it will be FUN.

Ferram Aerospace Research: Microsoft Flight Simulator would be better if it featured building custom planes out of junk and duct tape. This provides something like that. In a certain way.

:hero:

Karbonite: Kethane doesn't have a 0.90 compatible version, so I picked this one instead because I want to reach all the way to the farthest reaches where Pluto Eeloo lies without ruining the Zimbabwean Dollars budget of the Afrikan Union.

Kerbal Alarm Clock: Must have between optimal moment for making an interplanetary transfer to its other features. Without it you can forget simultaneous space missions as well.

Kolonization: Exactly what the name means, meant to be used in combination with life support simulation because it essentially adds modules that together can allow orbital and planetary colonies eventually able to become self-sufficient closed ecosystems. An Icy Prison Colony for every Stereotypical Villain in Pluto Eeloo will happen... eventually

Planetshine: Adds lighting from albedo in addition to direct sunlight.

RCS Sounds: Self-explanatory

RemoteTech: Putting satellites in orbit will be useful for more than just rewards from contracts. Without a line of communications between the command center and an unmanned probe, control will be lost, and the farther away without a nearby control base, the greater the lag, meaning orbital communication relays are important to transmit signals across the farthest reaches, and permanent manned bases will actually be useful for that as well.

SCANSat: And the other mod that makes satellites useful. It features surface mapping and works with both Kethane(which lacks a 0.9 compatible version) and Karbonite as well for mapping the same resources.

TACLifeSupport: Long manned missions will be a lot more complicated with this one. To be honest the only reason I have decided to install it was because of the Kolonization mod.

Universal Storage: Between FAR And Deadly Reentry, I had to make an exception with the preference for stock parts, and this is such exception, for it provides aerodynamic fairings covering sensitive equipment and additional life support modules for TACLifeSupport.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Flags of Greatest Space Programs Ever: Of course I added the Kongo and Afrikan Union flags to the game. I decided the latter, because of all Dear Leaders it encompasses, is just too good. It cannot be mere coincidence after all how similar to Africa the continent where the Kerbal Space Center lies is.

Sign up either as Pilot, Engineer or Scientist with one detail: In early game only pilots will fly(and probably die).

PS: If anyone adds KFC logos to TACLifeSupport parts and mails me the edited files, it will be perfect for this.

PS2: If most vote for full ironman in the poll, so be it. But be warned that might mean a failure rate between 50% and 99.99% , specially because I shall follow a stupid, unconventional strategy of trying to go with spaceplanes ASAP instead of vertical launch most of the time, doing ridiculous improvisations whenever possible.

Last edited:

Cassidy

Arcane
Very well, ironman it will be. Regarding Spaceplanes, it is impossible to start immediately with them in Career Mode because there are some minimum advancements in the tech tree needed first.

Having only 1000 as starting budget ensured a very glorious maiden flight, as you will see.

I was thinking of changing the Kerbals' skin to a darker shade of green, but let's assume lieberals see everyone as green and the entire Space Program was funded by Kigerian scam mails and light green guilt over the once oppressed dark green Kerbals.

On the roster:

tindrli is the first pilot. Average courage and stupidity.
Hellraiser is an engineer. Incredibly stupid and courageous.
Whitewolf is the second pilot. A lot smarter than the first pilot, but not as courageous.

======================================

O6y6H72.png

Last Days of the Kongo Space Program

Soundtrack: Baba Yetu

IvLFNjw.jpg

In the year of 2042, after a decades of failures yet never giving up while the rest of Kerbin gave up the dream of reaching beyond the orbit of their home planet, the continent of Afrika was about to cross a watershed. With the decline of the powers that once oppressed Afrikerbals and a finally matured consciousness, finally the dream of an Afrikan Union could be achieved, and even as it did not yet happen, one brave nation insisted on trying the impossible, and after multiple successive attempts, they were finally getting close. And they had too, for a 20-year old economic depression outside of Afrika led KASA, KSA and all other major space agencies of Kerbin to shut down, while an orbital disaster destroyed the International Kerbal Space Station and the existing satellites are beyond the reach of Afrikan budgets and of Kigerian hackers. They will have to do it from scratch.

YCSJ7bd.jpg

This was an entirely new space program, starting from zero because of how wrong the previous one went. All preceding Troposphere models have been labelled with a F for FAIL, and a new line of Troposphere rockets began. The Council of Keuropean Awareness to Afrika offered a substantial patronage, but, having learned from the disaster of the diversity enrichment in the last 30 decades, this was no welfare where nothing was expected in return. The Kongo Space Program had to achieve certain milestones first to receive the bulk of the valuable Keuropean funding, having gained nothing but some pittances initially. The first milestone was something none of the previous Troposphere models achieved: climbing past 5,000 meters. For that, the maiden voyage of the new Troposphere I, which 1F predecessor never could dream of achieving.

dVXlUdp.jpg

Unfortunately, it became obvious this would be a true challenge for the Developing Afrikan nation and its fledgling space program, for Troposphere I proved too expensive.

GqAXO15.jpg

PROBLEM SOLVED! Parachutes are a luxury our Developing Nation's NEW Space Program obviously cannot afford for their maiden voyage. Now we can only hope tindrli's rocket will have enough liquid fuel for decelerating into a soft landing, but the Kongo Space Program is in such a dire need of funding that this brave Kerbonaut will have to risk his life for Mother Afrika.

:salute:

yCZfCVM.jpg

And there the great Troposphere I goes! Onwards to 5,000 meters, higher than any Afrikan nation has ever achieved!

8OkaGhu.jpg

A thousand machetes are raised to the skies in salute of this great feat! Success! The first manned flight of the Kongo Space Program worked! Now it only needs to land successfully to get better!

CwK5jcR.jpg

Deceleration begins when the descent is still going too fast.

77DTZRD.jpg

The fuel run out about ten meters away from touchdown, and the impact destroyed the expensive engines, but still, most of the craft was recovered, the pilot survived against all odds and now there is enough budget for future flights to have parachutes!

U33gNfy.jpg

As the news reached all of Afrika, the current President of the Afrikan Union, Robert Mugabe Kerman Jr, addressed a huge crowd in a festive event to honor such great feat, and promised:

AFRIKA WILL GO TO SPACE THIS CENTURY!

YOU THINK ONLY YOU LIGHT KERBALS CAN DO IT? YOU FAILED!

YOU NEVER GOT FARTHER THAN THE MUN!

robert6.jpg

THE COMING AFRIKAN UNION SPACE PROGRAM, BASED ON THE VALIANT KONGOLESE SPACE PROGRAM, WILL OVERSHADOW THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE EMPIRES THAT ONCE OPPRESSED OUR PEOPLES BY A LONG STRETCH

UUuXi67.jpg

The next milestone was flight past 11,000 meters, and the same Troposphere I could easily achieve that if its pilot did not have to worry about having enough spare fuel to decelerate the landing. Thus, with more funds than before, it was finally fitted with a parachute, and this time, another pilot of the Kongolese Space Program would have his chance.

EnE4AFW.jpg

nelson-mandela.jpg

Success! 11,000 meters, where no Afrikan has ever been! Now hopefully the parachute made in a former sweatshop of the Light Kerbal Devils now nationalized for the glory of Kongo will not fail.

vza6vqO.jpg

The parachute did not decelerate enough to ensure the integrity of everything, but it should be enough to ensure the survival of the command pod. Hopefully.

VFKWkzl.jpg

Mission Accomplished!

y3nAhL6.jpg

Together, the King of Kings of Afrika Muammar Al-Kaddafi and the Great Leader and President Robert Mugabe Kerman cherish yet another great small step for the Kongolese Space Program, which will become the foundation of the Afrikan Union's once the Afrikan Union is officially formed. The next milestone: 22,000 meters. To achieve it an extra fuel tank was added and the new design became the Troposphere II.

vNiK3P7.jpg

Troposphere II is about to do it!

zxIyxtC.jpg

The Mun, it is there! Eventually Afrika will reach it!

WnhADxH.jpg

With the help of the remaining fuel and of the Parachute, TIndrli managed to do a perfect landing near the Kongo Space Center, where the flags of Kongo and of the mighty and about to be born Afrikan Union were proudly displayed.

v1680Pm.jpg

With all these achievements, Kongo could finally afford to develop more advanced rocket science, and the milestones were getting closer and closer to the dream, the ultimate dream. Unfortunately, the Kongolese budget was stretching thin, and even the Keuropean grants weren't helping.

PwfwLfi.jpg

Having a single, larger fuel tank instead of merging two smaller tanks with duct tape and superglue was a very handy upgrade to the Troposphere II, and to make the best of research potential, four canisters from the ruins of the long burned Kill Kates Institute of Afrika(which was accused of being a thinly veiled biological warfare research center), regardless of risks of the mystery goo including Kebola, were glued to this vessel for SCIENCE! Hopefully they will not interfere too heavily with that tutu they call aerodynamics.

QnQJQdx.jpg

Unfortunately excessive thrust and the Mystery Goo canisters caused aerodynamic stresses that shattered the Troposphere II Technical GTO apart soon, just like the Troposphere 5F. Fortunately the command pod and its parachute survived and none of the canisters were contaminated with KIV, Kebola or KITZ. Whitewolf thus survived and landed, but the economical loss of this disaster for the shoestring budget of the Kongolese Space Program was high. Another one or two failures like this, and the dream of Afrika reaching space will die until Kigerians manage to convince more dumb Light Kerbals to help "princes in exile" with lots of money.

Therefore, no more Goo! Enough was lost already because of those damn canisters! The same design is fixed with the removal of the same and a second launch attempt to get through the limits of atmosphere, the intended purpose of the failed Troposphere rockets of old, begins.

fkASkUq.jpg

It is always dangerous. Deploying parachutes at the wrong place and wrong time means certain death, for example. Fortunately while Keurope has 0.5 Kerbal children per family in their inevitable demographic death, Afrika remains growing a lot, both in population and economy, thus casualties, as long as there is budget, are acceptable.

1b4TDkH.jpg

Whitewolf ate some KFC from the Life Support supplies of the Command Pod as he gazed upon the clouds beneath him, amazed he was still alive. Mission Accomplished! 38 km, two thousand past the goals of the original Troposphere rockets! Afrika will go to space! It is close now, very close!

vzjlJwR.jpg

The descent is risky and air pressure is heavy all around the Troposphere II Technical GTO.

lj4YcI1.jpg

The parachutes lacked enough drag to save the fuel tank and the engine

k08ojtI.jpg

But the Command Pod and Whitewolf survived! Kongo has gone far beyond the goals of the previous Troposphere program! Space is very close, very close!

congo-flag-2.jpg

Across the streets of Kinshasa, celebrations soar over this unbelievable achievement! Yet, such was only the beginning of this great day in the history of the Afrikan Continent.

cXsikwH.jpg

This may sound cheap, but some great words need not to be reinvented... only quoted whenever they are appropriate:

The Process Towards Afrikan Unity Through Robert Mugabe Reborn: A Journey to Mother Afrika - A recorded address paid for by the Afrikan Union

ifNcQ.jpg

"Dear friends of Afrika. I am a tired man. We are all tired. We are tired of tyranny masked as a friend. We are tired of the West's disregard for the rest of the world. We are tired... but we will awaken with the drug of Triumph!"

*Loud cheering, exuberant screams are heard*

bClk9.jpg

"For far too long the Light Kerbal Devil and his lackeys have forgotten that they came from Mother Afrika, that they came back to steal from their own mother with their so called colonies"

*Loud boos are heard at the true words of Robert Mugabe Reborn*

"They pay us to keep us quiet, all the while turning Afrikan Brother on fellow Afrikan Brother through their stranglehold on the media. This cannot be! It shall not be!"

*Cheers of joy, women weep with hope and undying love for this dream of a reborn Afrika*

vYL3R.jpg

"But what can the poorest of poor hope to achieve? It is hopeless"

*Gasps*

9XqkA.jpg

"Just playin! Afrika is going to space. Yes, it is true, we too can play this game of space, we too have the capabilities to be in space. As I speak, the Afrikan Union is researching advanced technologies that the rest of the world will envy and only dream of having. We must be vigilant though! Our enemies will surely try to steal what is ours, as they have always done in the past.

That is why I am asking you all to believe. Believe with me in this dream of dreams. Afrika is Haile Selassie
QDIdf.jpg

Shaka Zulu
vMmJd.jpg

With Afrikan science we will reach the stars and beyond
9wlNB.jpg

We will bring our rich culture to the rocks of space and bring soul to the cold wastes of all them planets up there."

*Out of control cheers*

"BELIEVE!"

*end of recording*

(Phelot is alive! Believe!)

f9JhHW2.jpg

Half-way through the design and construction of Troposphere III, Kongo officially joined the just born Afrikan Union, and thus, Troposphere III would not represent Kongo, it would represent the collected dreams and hopes of all Afrikan peoples, for its goal was truly bold: to reach outer space, even if for a while, to finally prove to the world Afrika can into Space. And for that it shall display the proud flag of the Afrikan Union beyond Kerbin's atmosphere. An ingenious design yet far more cost-efficient than previous Tropospheres by ditching expensive liquid fuel rockets for a far more powerful and cheap solid rocket, with a girder strapped to the parachute with superglue and duct tape and soldered into a mystery goo that would be shielded, together with the parachute, with a heatshield placed above them, ensuring the extreme heat caused by the immense thrust-to-weight ratio of the Troposphere III once it is at the edges of atmosphere will not destroy the parachute, and giving a more or less aerodynamic placement for one goo, differently from the disaster of the first version of Troposphere II Technical GTO. Hopefully all those things above the parachute will not make it get stuck during descent... hopefully. According to the maths of the Kinshasa Technical University (Note: they don't manufacture Technicals) it will work, as the girder is mostly hollow.

It was his turn, and thus TIndrli will have the honor of such achievement that will forever change the history of Afrika.

10, 9, 8.... 1, LAUNCH!

Xu2ybGW.jpg

Despite all the care to ensure flight stability, Troposphere III proved to be somewhat aerodynamically unstable and started pitching westwards instead of flying in a perfectly vertical angle. Fortunately the instability could be controlled with the reaction wheels of the command pod, but it would sacrifice the maximum altitude it would reach.

WpF2zF0.jpg

At 19,600 meters of altitude, the trash can filled with solid rocket fuel ran out of fuel, and it was thus decoupled from the rest of the vehicle as reached an immense climb speed. According to the maths, inertia alone would put it into outer space once the solid rocket was ejected.

yAF8CA7.jpg

Because of how extremely fast it climbed, the upper heatshield proved to not be superfluous at all, and it ensured the safety of the parachute and of the goo. While the scientists ensured none of the mystery goo canisters contained any deadly biological weapon or virus inside, it is better to not destroy them whenever possible, and so far things are going well.

vQoejZy.jpg

2iuse1.jpg

Will that count as outer space? There is a hope because Troposphere III will be so close from the limit, it will be considered so, the few hundreds of meters away ignored because of Light Kerbal guilt, and so the Keuropean grants will come for this unbelievable achievement. Had Tropopshere III managed to fly in a perfect vertical direction all the time, it would get past 70 km, but now... maybe only the other goal of going past 55 km of altitude will be officially achieved and a second launch will be needed... or maybe not.

pNsLwSN.jpg

The studies of the goo in the limits of the atmosphere will be useful in future research, very useful.

yTFdPUS.jpg

oSccE4F.jpg

VS5Tb96.jpg

The landing seems to be going exactly as planned. For a brief moment TIndrli became the first Afrikan in outer space, just a brief moment but still...

Ci26RaR.jpg

Ovfv4Rg.jpg

robert-mugabe-2.jpg

AFRIKA CAN INTO SPACE!

To be continued...

Last edited:

tindrli

Arcane
HOLY SHIT IM A FIRST AND I LIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and she was waiting in our mudhouse
2znLmT.jpg

Last edited:

Cassidy

Arcane
Now, behold a very realistic depiction of how an Afrikan Union Space Program would work:

=========================

9ezs0vD.jpg

Reaching orbit from a dirt launchpad.

Soundtrack - I never asked for this sequel: Icarus

FJqQp8i.jpg

bClk9.jpg

OUR NEXT STAGE IN THIS GREAT AFRIKAN DREAM HAS BEGUN: TO CIRCLE AROUND THE ENTIRE WORLD FROM OUTER SPACE!

5kQKLcC.jpg

U33gNfy.jpg

TROPOSPHERE IV IS THE LARGEST ROCKET EVER MADE IN AFRIKA AND IT WILL ORBIT KERBIN!

vU3j4mi.jpg

First separation happens without any sudden aerodynamic failures, the ascent is working well so far. Regarding the design, it was made with 8 batteries placed inside a girder and protected by a heatshield above them, plus one mystery goo, three vertically staged solid rocket boosters, one large fuel tank and one LVT-45 vectored thrust liquid fuel engine the Afrikan Space Program had a contract to test . All engines will be ejected before atmospheric reentry as they would never survive it.

7q3zNdv.jpg

Second separation, and unfortunately the lack of control surfaces hurts, making it totally impossible to commence a gravity turn, while the very low thrust to weight ratio at the beginning made inclining towards east a potentially very bad idea during the beginning of the launch.

Q31vbKD.jpg

After all solid boosters were spent, the trajectory was far from orbit and instabilities shifted it away form a perfectly equatorial orbit. Hopefully there will be enough liquid fuel to correct that.

(Note: I don't give a fuck if you think manually activating engines you are supposed to test in a specific situation by using the next stage once that situation is achieved even after the engines were already activated so you can still check the contract is cheating, because that totally works and I'm totally going to do it for every boring "test x in y" contract)

bYo3SPi.jpg

Hopefully it will work.

t96hrKl.jpg

Sadly, the first version of Troposphere IV ran out of fuel long before it could get even close to a stable orbit, but the high altitude it reached at least was useful for some scientific studies that could help the Afrikan Space Program into developing a better rocket.

W2KLXCd.jpg

Reentry was furious and ballistic, but the heat shield endured.

9CJb1PN.jpg

Afrikan Space Program 0 - 1 Gravity

2nyNf08.jpg

At least it was not completely useless, but still a failure, an expensive failure. Some engineers from the Kigerian University of Aerospace Engineering explained a simple fact: The longer it takes to escape atmosphere, the more delta-v is wasted fighting gravity and air drag and less thrust is available at maximum efficiency in the vacuum: Therefore, if all boosters are activated in the same stage, it will get much farther than it would otherwise. While Kigerian universities have lost much credibility because of the atrocities of the anti-intellectual Boko Haram regime between 2017 and 2037, their redesign of Troposphere IV was accepted and constructed, ready to launch in the humble launchpad of Kinshasa. Heat shields were placed above the two other boosters just in case as well.

2aCN8rM.jpg

Hopefully the damage caused by Boko Haram in the past won't mean this will fail in a most terrific way.

5LtZiiE.jpg

ifNcQ.jpg

UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE NO OPTION LEFT BUT TO HONORABLY DISMISS ALL KIGERIAN SCIENTISTS FROM THE AFRIKAN SPACE PROGRAM.

Afrikan Space Program 0 - 2 Gravity

At least the command pod survived. The limitation of being unable to launch anything heavier than 18 tons really hurts the Afrikan Space Program, but they were certain orbit was possible even in that launchpad with its very poor and unpaved infrastructure at this moment that was very fitting for the overall state of the young union it represented, like all of Afrika was made of Developing countries, that launchpad was also a "Developing launchpad".

lgrh15D.jpg

Fortunately, with the knowledge gained from these mistakes, the technology of this humble Space Program advanced another time, and these new simple aerodynamic surfaces could make the Kigerian redesign practical, with some changes: First, instead of launching all the boosters at once and of gluing them to each other, the next version of the Troposphere IV would have the three boosters attached through radial decouplers, and initially only the two outermost boosters would be activated at the launch stage, with the last booster being activated once they are empty as the radial decouplers ejects both. Finally, winglets sadly lacking in control surfaces and nose cones were also added to improve stability. In the end, Troposphere IV became almost a VTOL spaceplane... almost.

1BfJUBg.jpg

It seems to be stable enough unlike the last time. Maybe two boosters will put it out of atmosphere faster, and there will be more thrust remaining for the orbit.

CJMe4U2.jpg

The radial boosters were ejected without incident as the last booster was activated. Sadly it was only 17 km of altitude, and maybe this will be another shameful display for Afrika, maybe, but there is no shame as long as they never, ever give up, no matter if they lose 0 - 13 to Gravity. They will never give up.

IJMy3V1.jpg

It reached outer space successfully. Some historians would consider this particular version of the Troposphere IV the first Afrikan Union spaceplane, but such became a heavily controversial subject because while it had enough lifting surfaces to barely be considering a spaceplane, the fact most of its fuselage was disposable made such categorization dubious at best

XFhveqy.jpg

The Tropopshere IV "spaceplane" got closer to a stable orbit than the previous attempts, yet sadly, it failed, and these successive failures were putting a heavy toll on the budget of the Afrikan Space Program.

Afrikan Space Program 0 - 3 Gravity

68opHBK.jpg

At least some scientific knowledge was gained from the expensive flight, but again, that did not mitigate the financial loss of another failed orbit attempt.

slT30Tb.jpg

A South Afrikan scientist finally had his chance to suggest something that was obvious all along. He boldly claimed the original design for the Troposphere IV was the best, all "upgrades" utter failures because they added more drag to the rocket, and had Whitewolf done a better orbital maneuver in the last stage, considering he reached over 400 km of altitude in his first launch, he might have achieved orbit... might. In what would hopefully make the original design even better and more stable, winglets were added to its launch stage.

Because Whitewolf's life was risked long enough already with the previous three attempts, TIndrli was called for this flight.

dbWEVOn.jpg

The first two stages went relatively well, but during the final booster stage, TIndrli pitched to the east too much and tried a too quick gravity turn, and the rocket lost all control, spinning and pitching wildly, wasting most of its Delta-v and thus almost certainly ruining this mission.

6vI60PB.jpg

Afrikan Space Program 0 - 4 Gravity

RWo9x7w.jpg

Afrikan Space Program 0 - 5 Gravity

SdIjHDV.jpg

Such second attempt with the same design, because there was nothing else to be done with the existing technology, ended even worse as a too soon gravity turn in low altitude almost caused the death of the pilot, saved only by rushed decouplings as the boosters flew all over the skies and blew up more of the thinning budget. It was estimated that if none of these mistakes were made by a pilot, it would have just enough for orbit.

81T0cHE.jpg

There is not much budget left for further mistakes, but with all contract possibilities filled because of the rudimentary infrastructure of the Mission Control, it was do or die now. The point where failure will no longer be an option is very, very near now. Hopefully this third attempt with the latest redesign of the Troposphere IV will work, unlike all others.

Wu0gv7v.jpg

This time Troposphere IV managed a much better inclination, but unfortunately not perfectly equatorial... maybe this time it will work.

b59SqWU.jpg

mugabe2.jpg

WE CANNOT DIVERT FUNDING FROM CRITICAL SOCIAL, HEALTHCARE AND EDUCATION PROGRAMS TO THE SPACE PROGRAM. BUT BELIEVE! AFRIKA WILL REACH ORBIT AS MUCH AS IT REACHED SPACE.

Afrikan Space Program 0 - 6 Gravity

0hpp6am.jpg

article-0-01b826fc00000578-703_224x280-1.jpg

WE HAVE ACHIEVED INCREDIBLE SCIENTIFIC PROGRESSES, EVEN IN THE FAILED MISSIONS TO ORBIT. GOD IS WITH AFRIKA SO MUCH THAT SUCH PROGRESSES HAVE BECOME EXACTLY WHAT IS NEEDED FOR THE AFRIKAN SPACE PROGRAM'S LAST CHANCE TO SUCCEED.

KMtdVXF.jpg

Better solid rocket boosters were finally available. They would be used now, in what could be the last spaceflight of the Afrikan Union.

RNqHTyY.jpg

Because near all venues of research with the Mystery Goo ran out, Afrika's last, best hope of going farther than suborbital flight, the Troposphere V, will not have one interfering with its flight stability. Without one, and because winglets have proven to have more drag than lift in previous attempts, it will have none winglets either. Two boosters, the smaller stacked over the bigger and more powerful, the same LVT-45 liquid engine with an extra fuel tank, which may prove essential now.

If this fails, there will be no more Afrikan Space Program. Maybe for a long, long time, maybe forever.

Godspeed, TIndrli! May Troposphere V reach orbit from the humblest launchpad ever imagined to be able to launch something into orbit.

XjcA5KV.jpg

The beginning is much more stable compared to all previous designs, but the critical moment of the gravity turn is what will define everything, and the lack of control surfaces will limit how much Troposphere V can turn while in atmosphere. It is only a matter of having enough thrust and fuel now, and hopefully this will have them, otherwise it will be all for nothing.

jpDe6FO.jpg

The suborbital trajectory remains more elliptical than what was hoped for, but with an extra fuel tank, maybe this time, this last chance, it will work. Only when Troposphere V is at the very close to its apoapsis, the highest altitude of its orbit, the LVT-45 liquid engine is used at full power, and in a mistake, it is activated through staging, meaning another orbital flight will be needed to formalize its successful test because of that damn fine print the Light Kerbal Devils have put to keep the brutha down, if this one succeeds after six consecutive failed attempts to achieve orbit.

himspeaks.jpg

JhrgmAD.jpg

mandela_16x9.jpg

WE DID IT! AGAINST ALL ODDS, FOR THE FIRST TIME IN HISTORY AN AFRIKAN SPACECRAFT HAS REACHED ORBIT! THE AFRIKAN UNION SPACE PROGRAM LIVES!

Now hopefully, because the fuel tanks are almost completely empty, there will be just enough to return home.

JxaUd39.jpg

The last fuel was spent, and it gave just enough deceleration to begin a long aerobraking until the command module finally lands, ensuring nobody shall die in orbit. This is an even greater day for Afrika than the day Troposphere III reached outer space!

z0EYImZ.jpg

Good thing there is plenty of batteries in this finally functional orbital rocket and no risk of the life support running out any time soon, for in the next pass through upper atmosphere it will probably decelerate enough to initiate descent.

vg574j2.jpg

The Troposphere V and its pilot TIndrli will be forever remembered for what they achieved!

rVZiPJo.jpg

The flag of the African Union circled the entire world twice, a proud day, a great achievement, regardless of how many tries it required, a proof the 7th time is the best time.

3RbrC77.jpg

The parachutes worked and it landed safely on the ocean.

rhXKR1X.jpg

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

mugabe-and-mandela.jpg

WE HAVE REACHED OUTER SPACE! WE HAVE REACHED ORBIT! NOW BELIEVE AGAIN! FOR AFRIKA IS GOING TO THE MUN!

To be continued...

(Note: After losing so much budget to so many epic fails, I will have to grind many contracts first to upgrade that 3rdworld-standard launchpad to something better before even dreaming of going to the Mun, but I will try to do the Mun landing as low tech as possible.)

Modron

Arcane
It's amazing after all those unforced errors tindrli is allowed to pilot a rocket; while white who walked away from numerous exploding test rockets held together by ductape gets to sit out of of reaching space/orbiting the planet. How long until WW becomes a drunk with just a minor footnote in the African space programs books?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Further proof that MORE SOLID BOOSTER is always the answer. Even when a saner man would've swapped the LV45 for a LV30 and more liquid fuel.

Cassidy

Arcane
This will be the last one in this page. And I think I forgot a very important individual in this thread, but that will be corrected now as well.

It's amazing after all those unforced errors tindrli is allowed to pilot a rocket; while white who walked away from numerous exploding test rockets held together by ductape gets to sit out of of reaching space/orbiting the planet. How long until WW becomes a drunk with just a minor footnote in the African space programs books?

Don't worry, Whitewolf, TIndrli, Ulminati, Data4 and Modron will be remembered equally for their deeds and courage.

They all died as heroes and paved the way for someone else to land on the Mun through their successes.

:hero:

Imgur messed up this upload so some images may be disordered, not sure, but this update was much more annoying to do than the previous ones because of it.

=============================

deepimpact4001.jpg

Gathering Funds for the Mun Landing at any costs

Soundtrack: Deep Impact - Goodbye and Godspeed

PlD0eVq.jpg

Reaching the Mun required a much better infrastructure than that currently available, and thus many contracts were sought with Afrikan and multinational corporations, contracts which income would slowly allow for the Space Center of Kinshasa to become as advanced as the long forsaken Cape Kanaveral once were in its greatest days, from where the first Mun landing of Kerbin began. The two tests were trivial once orbit was successfully achieved again by the Troposphere V.

KGaMHk1.jpg

For his persistence and consistent demonstration of excellent piloting skills even when flying poorly designed space rockets, Whitewolf was already chosen as the one who shall eventually take a small step for a brutha, but a huge leap for all Afrikans.

kAWP0xp.jpg

Because of how shitty this radial liquid fuel engine was, it was decided to "cheat" a little on its testing, just a little, for instead of it a much more efficient and small engine would be the final one during this flight.

hRJ9Yz0.jpg

They did not complain and sent the payment for the successful test.

Gj12SKY.jpg

Good thing the Command module has a good heat shield, otherwise it would blow up like the rest after this almost successful attempt to set a reentry to land very close to the space center.

QphJ4q1.jpg

FINALLY AN AWESOME CONTRACT!!! 200,000+ forwarded and more 60k once this succeeds! Putting this Akademy into Orbit can't be that hard. In fact, for propaganda purposes, it was insisted the dirt launchpad could do it.

YBq6ANG.jpg

More boosters than those would go beyond the maximum limit of the precarious launchpad. May this actually work, because it does not look like that.

XyUWYV2.jpg

Sheeeit!

H311tA2.jpg

At least the parachutes worked, therefore the pilot and this Training Akademy, the most expensive component, survived in one piece.

zBmUUml.jpg

The Akademy is not that heavy, but the second attempt was interrupted when a mess was realized. The Akademy has unmanned flight support, but that flight would be without any kind of stability assist which would be bad for something this bulky, so a pilot was chosen to fly this contraption in the end, but the engineers lazily forgot to add life support supplies again in the command pod above it that was the only source of reaction wheels of this huge thing.

*Decoupling intensifies*

Luckily tindrli survived and was ready for this design to be launched again, this time with enough oxygen, water and snacks to last the entire trip.

SyHZaim.jpg

zF2K4fp.jpg

Sometimes reality goes totally against the propaganda potential of proving this could be done in that horrible launchpad.

eUOeN17.jpg

Fortunately the over 200,000 advance funding from this contract was enough to fix this shortcoming and finally make larger, heavier rockets possible(as long as they have no more than 30 parts, which is a serious limitation as well, specially for a manned lunar mission that will not lead to the death of its crew).

cqlzzfR.jpg

Oops... didn't work either. Better to stack those boosters vertically instead. Fortunately, while this one was a close call, the pilot and this Akademy once again survived(The Training Akademy is one of the new parts the Kolonization mod adds. It has a high demand in energy and Life Support if fully crewed, so ideally it should be docked to somewhere with a self-sufficient closed loop life support system. It supports up to 12 Kerbals inside and seasoned pilots, engineers and scientists will pass their experience to newbies while they are in there. If it is landed on Kerbin it can get them to 1 star, which means repack chutes for engineers and prograde/retrograde assist for pilots. If it is orbiting it can get them as far as two stars and if it is landed on somewhere like a permanent base on the surface of Minmus, a 3-star Kerbonaut can get the newbies to become as good as him given enough time.)

rNFdgVM.jpg

Stacked again in yet another attempt. During the beginning it seemed to be going well.

cMtnkBD.jpg

But as soon as the initial stage was starting to ran out, the Flying Akademy lost all stability and began to spin all around. Damn!

lj41mtB.jpg

THIS TIME IT SHALL NOT FAIL!

SU8PReA.jpg

It is working this time! It will go into space!

uUSHMHU.jpg

But as soon as the first stage was ejected... shit got wrong.

cmkHxae.jpg

Fortunately the rocket spent more time pointed towards the right direction to climb further than to the wrong direction, and it still managed to gain enough speed to get to outer space even as it pitched and rotated wildly.

adz0DIm.jpg

Excellent! Being able to upgrade the Launchpad to Koviet standards was a great milestone towards being able to reach the Mun, but there is still much to progress, and the budget remains insufficient for now.

wgwlwDE.jpg

But it is going down pointed towards the wrong direction! OH NO!

ZrGAGuC.jpg

Phew! Fortunately once the parachutes were activated, it flipped again to the correct orientation and TIndrli survived.

tgfMFJj.jpg

Upgrading the Mission Control facilities and the Tracking Station to Koviet standards would also allow for flight planning, including maneuver nodes to be done instead of pure estimation and instinct, as all flights in orbit happened this far. Unfortunately there is only enough money to upgrade the former for now, yet that means more contracts can be signed simultaneously.

nAAN6N2.jpg

With the SCIENCE! gained from the latest missions, an important advance towards the construction of spaceplanes is achieved, and in fact, spaceplanes can be made now.

4QzNv4B.jpg

Which is a good thing because the only contracts giving any relevant rewards for success involve taking crew reports in flights below 20,000 meters, and atmospheric flight is the only way to achieve those. Of course rocket engines and atmospheric flight are tricky propositions, but they could work... and according to an aerodynamics software the Afrikan Union Space Program did not remove from an inventory, this is a perfectly stable VTOL aircraft.

The logic of this design is simple and perfect: those responsible for constructing this rocket powered aircraft have no fucking idea what those numbers displayed mean, they only know what MACH means, but if they are all green at 50% of the speed of sound and beyond, that means it will work, while if any of those numbers were in red instead, that would mean trouble. Hopefully it will have enough fuel to do this in any case.

gDYRfZP.jpg

Because the existing pilots have risked themselves long enough already and flying this thing is more likely to get you killed than Kussian Roulette, two new applicants were accepted, Ulminati and Data4. Ulminati would fly the AFR-1 (R for Recon) Kinshasa first.

KDlvfuJ.jpg

And there are the coordinates. If this works and has enough fuel, it will possibly manage to do both in a single flight. Godspeed Ulminati...

Sadly it didn't work but fortunately the parachutes worked.

(Note: I eliminated some screenshots to make this mega update briefer, just a little)

A new design with twice more fuel was launched instead. All numbers still green so it will be totally safe to fly, right?

rXQXKg0.jpg

Sadly, the new Kinshasa with twice more fuel had two critical flaws its predecessor with a too short range to be useful for anything didn't: First, its control surfaces were too weak to prevent it from pitching down a lot once it reached supersonic speeds unless it was flying at an inclination above 45 degrees and in the hopes going down to less than that would ensure a longer flight before fuel ran out, Ulminati consigned himself to oblivion, for it began to descend dangerously close to the surface at a speed where the parachutes would never work... yes, that is the other critical flaw of this aircraft: once it gets beyond supersonic, only God can help the pilot, specially if the fuel runs out. The wings, if they can be called that, are obviously too small to allow it to glide, and... whatever.

:salute: Ulminati :salute:

He died in his second flight, but he will never be forgotten.

tl;dr don't try to fly a rocket like an airplane unless it has a warhead instead of a pilot inside.

A0K3qEZ.jpg

Do not pitch it lower the 45 degrees until altitude is above ten thousand meters. Remember that and it will work this time! hopefully

m7h5Hg4.jpg

"Sheeit, I forgot to retract the landing gear and the stresses destroyed most of the legs.

The AFR-1 proved it is capable of hypersonic flight, but without fuel, only God can help its pilot now.

z5htuix.jpg

Damn, it is going down too fast! If it blows up this shitty reward will be nothing compared to the losses suffered for these damn contracts!

Ymt0Vxh.jpg

It crashed close to the speed of the sound, killing the pilot instantly. Nothing could be salvaged from this disaster, but the Afrikan Space Program had a reputation of never giving up to preserve, and thus a new pilot was called to finish this cursed visual survey for once and all.

:salute: Data4 :salute:

kFcZ6Pl.jpg

Modron and mute Andhairalt were recruited. Hopefully our new pilot will have a longer life expectancy than the last two ones.

wHyQr0Y.jpg

The AFR-1 finally gained the name it deserved as well, but hopefully this time the Widowmaker will not do that.

VRODRlg.jpg

A too sharp pitch towards the waypoint, and it crashed even first than Ulminati's last flight! The tragedy of the first and most infamous Afrikan Union spaceplane has reached its end then.

:salute: Modron :salute:

A2Ici27.jpg

Fuck visual surveys in Kerbin! Obviously those offering these contracts are Killer KlansKerbals who enjoy seeing Afrikans being killed! It was obviously totally impractical with the still rudimentary technology of the Afrikan Union all along and they knew it.

mugabe.jpg

THE LIGHT KERBAL DEVILS ARE TRYING TO SABOTAGE OUR SPACE PROGRAM! BEWARE OF TRAPS DISGUISED AS PROFITABLE CONTRACTS!

3cvxmxQ.jpg

After the latest disasters, the Space Program went low profile for many days, accepting only the simplest missions, such as launching the old and proven Troposphere III, this time without the mystery goo, to take crew reports from outer space. And such were the only decent missions amidst piles of horrible contracts that seemed almost like the West was mocking Afrika with.

1244XmX.jpg

Then, in one moment, there was one last thing that could be done in honor of one who died so young such as Ulminati. His son, also a Kerbonaut, was lost in orbit... The tracking center could not help with calculations to do this right, the EVA had only so much life support left and time was fleeting to save Ulminati Jr. Whitewolf moment of either glory or tragedy has come, for he would pilot a new rocket designed specifically for rescuing anyone stranded in orbit before death. The right moment was waited, as Ulminati Jr was about to fly by in orbit above the Kinshasa Space Center.

4OYpuIs.jpg

Two stacked command pods were needed for this because Ulminati Jr required a spare seat.

XTpSKUj.jpg

The vertically stacked rocket however failed, the lowermost booster not having enough thrust to launch it off the ground. Fortunately an emergency recovery team intervened in time to prevent a disaster, and a new design was envisioned. The Troposphere VII (Note: The Troposphere VI was the testbed for that shitty radial engine) needed more boosters at the same time during its launch stage.

ZscUw3F.jpg

Regardless of additional drag, and because this design had exactly 30 parts and thus nose cones could not be added to the side boosters, it seemed to be working so far.

d8Rwbt8.jpg

It changed its inclination very slowly and slightly to prevent trouble, and when the first stage ran out, the remaining booster was well positioned to do almost if not more than half of the job. While the rocket inclined down for a short moment, it still spent most of the solid booster while pointed towards the right direction.

pElluIm.jpg

In fact, the boosters alone almost managed to achieve a stable orbit, and now with two quite large fuel tanks and a very efficient and compact engine, it was only a matter of doing this the right way to intercept the drifting kerbonaut, something tricky without access to maneuver nodes because of the still far from great infrastructure in Kinshasa.

0LdtQoi.jpg

When stable orbit was achieved, there was still more than half of the fuel remaining. This would definitively work if the interception with the kerbonaut was done right.

401QjhA.jpg

Fortunately this proved to be the right launch maneuver, or very close to the perfect one, at the right place and time, to catch Ulminati Jr before he dies without air, water and food. As they were relatively close, several maneuvers happened, getting the Troposphere VII rescue closer to the stranded Kerbal with every step, until...

Qfb7dB0.jpg

The trajectory is almost perfect, now it is only a matter of decelerating once Ulminati Jr is very, very close, and then his EVA will do the rest.

is5IMuQ.jpg

Whitewolf will be forever remembered as the one who saved a doomed life. He did much more than just go to space. He braved this hostile environment, he calculated just right the launch and became a true hero.

TXpO9rV.jpg

While the death of Ulminati is a terrible tragedy, his son will not share the same fate thanks to a single man who saved his life.

hwbnpQG.jpg

The descent begins, estimated to end very close to the Space Center. The engines are kept for now, just in case some additional last maneuvers are required.

BNqZGC2.jpg

When reentry heat begins, the separation happens in a way that looked dangerous but was perfectly safe.

1GuLScp.jpg

(Note: I never managed to do this successfully without upgrading the tracking station first, and the Life Support Mod makes this particular kind of mission much much harder than vanilla. When the rescue happened, Ulminati Jr oxygen supply was just below 50%, so yes, if you take too long in these missions with life support on they will fail.)

A few days later a new good contract involving putting a Training Akademy to float in the sea happened, and a Somali suggested to just use rockets to drag it towards the coast. That did not end well but because the entire thing was unmanned, nobody died and while it fell and tumbled on the floor, it was recovered in one piece so major losses were avoided. Later a simpler solution was found in just strapping two liquid fuel rockets to the Akademy, still unmanned, and launch it because it demonstrated to pitch eastwards by default. Parachutes were activated, it landed on the water and this contract to test it while splashed down ended.

A third contract with these interesting facilities then happened, to test the same Training Akademy while it was in an altitude of at least 22 km in a very specific speed... a tricky one. Boosters lacked the control to keep the speed exactly at that point, so the same design that splashed it down in the sea was revised for this and TIndrli was called to fly it.

NUP9EN3.jpg

:mhd: A WILD KRAKEN APPEARS! It exploded while its engines were off and it was resting on the launch pad just because it was slightly off the center, and in Eldritch physics, tindrli has lost his life in a most unfortunate yet probably inevitable way, before this rocket even took off.

:salute: TIndrli :salute:

EtxbrGE.jpg

Whitewolf, the last surviving pilot of the Afrikan Union Space Program, managed to do this right, and the reward was quite good, but it was still a high toll, too many lives taken away by disasters. The budget was increasing, but the price to pay in blood has become almost unbearable. Many dissenting voices began to question the validity of the Space Program after so many tragedies, and then, paraphrasing the president who was involved in the first Mun landing of Kerbin, the president of the Afrikan Space Program, Neil deGrasse Kyson, addressed such concerns:

CTqFpgO.jpg

tyson.jpg

Many years ago the great Kritish explorer George Mallory Kerman, who was to die on Mount Keverest, was asked why did he want to climb it. He said, "Because it is there."

5yPIoNE.jpg

neil-de-grasse-tyson.jpg

Well, space is there, and we're going to climb it, and the mun and the planets are there, and new hopes for knowledge and peace are there. And, therefore, we shall set sail in the most hazardous and dangerous and greatest adventure on which Kerbalkind has ever embarked.

Thank you.

(Note: Neil deGrasse Tyson as the president of the Afrikan Union Space Program was just what was needed to get this towards success)

5rYlODT.jpg

With the latest scientific advances of the Afrikan Space Program, finally a practical airplane with a much more efficient, air-breathing jet engine could be designed without any loans from Western technology, for this would be a 100% native jet engine, 100% made in Afrika without any dirty imperialist hands in its construction or design, and survey contracts were no longer the certain death and disaster they once were.

Ir57603.jpg

Because sadly at this moment the two contracts with the best rewards involved surveys, now they were accepted and hopefully the next atmospheric flight would not be onboard of a new Widowmaker.

UNXcKet.jpg

While there were many tragedies, the Afrikan Union already went farther than even the most optimistic expectations of the racist West imagined, and the reputation of the program, which succeeded in 99% of its missions(not in the first attempt, but still), was very good. The administrators were hoping to take advantage of such shining reputation to kickstart a crowdfunding campaign, because the demands of the Mun landing dream were high, from having better Astronaut facilities so a flag of the Afrikan Union will wave proudly on the Mun, lest this initial landing becomes lame because the Kerbonauts will never leave the lander, to upgrading the Vehicle Assembly Building so rockets with more than 30 parts, almost essential because of the life support requirements of such a long journey, to finally building a more advanced tracking station because no flight and maneuver planning for something this demanding and complex will very likely lead to yet another tragedy after so many recent ones, although that is an optional thing, but without the better tracking station it will be best to exaggerate in fuel and boosters than to try the perfect and most efficient design, lest it becomes an one-way trip to death.

tl;dr gibe money plz

bL5RwGz.jpg

Suddenly some very interesting and profitable contracts showed up, involving orbits rather than those annoying and dangerous atmospheric visual surveys.

mGOdea5.jpg

The first attempt was insane, a stubborn hope to do all the three contracts in a single mission by stacking all the mentioned modules in one rocket. Maybe it would work.

ZTeeckc.jpg

Oh... lets start with the least heavy of the three, the lander can, then.

nglZ821.jpg

More carefully next time, but this mistake at least confirmed two parachutes are more than enough for this to land gently once this mission is done. Two attempts so far, and there are three modules to send to orbit, which will be heavier and bigger. Of course, a heatshield was added to the lander can too, which hopefully will also protect the radial parachutes despite not fully covering the lander can because if the parachutes were to burn during atmospheric reentry...

0cIwPH1.jpg

The third attempt is working great! Now to the required altitudes and stable orbit.

Nwc3BXn.jpg

The solid boosters did a lot of the work already, this was over-engineered to ensure there will be plenty of fuel because these engines aren't that expensive and the reward for this particular mission is very good.

YZ0DdP5.jpg

It may be less safe, but it is surely much prettier than the view from the cramped Mk1 with its tiny window.

kEQQAYf.jpg

Another one succeeds, but very, very sadly, by missing this correct altitude during his first pass, Whitewolf may have signed his own death sentence, for the batteries of this module are running out, and without batteries, there will be no way to maneuver the can in a way the heat shield will protect the parachutes during reentry... what a shame, that would be truly a rotten way to die.

e35kDlm.jpg

When the batteries ran out, it began to spin and put the last still intact radial parachute away from the frying can and into the fire...

Whitewolf could do nothing but say his last prayers(or not if he was instead euphoric not over the blessings of a phony god but because of his superior intellect) because death was now inevitable, in a crash to the desolate desert in the continent immediately to the west of Afrika.

wkMjN3S.jpg

tindrli

Whitewolf

Ulminati

Data4

Modron

All of them gave their lives for the cause of the scientific and moral advancement of the Afrikan peoples. Whitewolf also saved a life before his ultimate demise, the life of the engineer Ulminati Jr who hopefully will not share the same fate of his father. Let these brave kerbonauts be remembered, for now Afrika is much closer to having the necessary technology and infrastructure to succeed in reaching the Mun than it was before, and in honor of their ultimate sacrifice, the Mun shall be reached and beyond.

To be continued in the next page... more an heroes applicants urgently needed as well*

*(Will upgrade the Astronaut center. If by some unlikely coincidence all applicants end as engineers or scientists and there is only one slot left, I will recruit a Kerbal with a default name)

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And Tindrli seems mesmerized by the pretty explosions right outside his capsule - like a true kerbal should!

Cassidy

Arcane
The Imperial Guard in WH40k probably has a longer life expectancy than the Kerbonauts here... or maybe a new injection of WAAARD and Grimderp lowered it even further.

Onwards to page 2!

Hellraiser

Arcane
I am bumping this with an image of the Glorious Future that awaits Afrika in Spess:

nearfuture1.png~original

Pulsed Inductive Thrusters powered by glorious NUCLEAR ENERGY.

That is if you had the near future electrics, construction and propulsion packs installed, and got past that 6 million upgrade of the science facility, and past a further few million for prototyping all those parts.

Honestly they need to make the nuclear reactors, radiators and advanced near future engines stock if they ever add more planets.

Cassidy

Arcane
I was going to install the Orion mod but it is not yet fully compatible with 0.9 yet

Pge1cZ8.jpg

No chance to test this in Kelgium in revenge for what they once did in Kongo.

:(

Actually it should work in 0.9 but I'd rather not take chances until the author of the mod states it's completely stable.

So, should I download it and hope for the best so Afrika can truly put the I in ITZ although it is probably at the very end at the tech tree anyway?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom