Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's play Loki: Heroes of Mythology

Which one of these fine characters shall be our hero?

• Greek Fighter

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Egyptian Sorcerer

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Aztec Shaman

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Norse Warrior

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Eriador

Arbiter
A long time ago, there existed one game. The game was named Diablo and it gained millions of followers. Fanbase grew rapidly and the games fame reached the heavens themselves. But then, the others came. Hundreds of other games followed the example of their true master and battled amongst themselves, each trying to top that old game with archaic graphics, trying to earn the so called place of king of action RPGs, with their ultimate goal to replace Diablo itself. Each one tried something new, great graphics Yet their quest was futile, as the fanbase was too rabid and fanatical to accept anything new and the games themselves were mostly terrible anyway. Those few games who actually managed to be great in their own way were quickly branded "Diablo-clones" and were mostly left forgotten in the dark abyss of time, their fanbases being small and developers going bankrupt.

This one is not one of those few.

Our story begins in the year of 2007. After the mighty Titan Quest proved that mythological point-and-click RPGs can exist, a French game studio Cyanide known for making sport sims like Pro Cycling Manager decided to make their own Titan Quest-clone on low budget. The results were mixed.

"The game is buggy!" the players cried and they were totally right. The patches came, but by then it was too late and then they stopped coming at all.

"The voice acting is terrible!" the players cried as the voice of Fernando Cortés haunted their dreams.

"The game is too hard!" the players cried as legions of jaguars devoured them over and over again, with all their attacks missing constantly.

"The environments are copypasted and dull!" the players cried because they never got through those aforementioned legions of jaguars and promptly uninstalled it before they could see anything else in the game.

The game faded to obscurity, no guides were posted and discussion being limited to one thread on Titan Quest forum.

And yet, it still managed to be more fun then Diablo 3, in a way.

Seth escaped from his tomb and sent all of his time-travelling minions to conquer everything! Who shall save us?

(By the way I don't have the English version, so I will be translating.)

Loki1_zps5603cd95.png

Greek Fighter is for those who always wanted to play as Xena. Her patron gods are goddes of tactics and wisdom Athena (Sword and shield fighter and Xena-esque throwing discs), goddes of hunting Artemis (Archery) and finally the god of war Ares (whose skill tree consists entirely of traps for some reason, with stealth added in the mix).

Loki2_zps6a17853c.png

Egyptian Sorcerer (Priest) is the traditional magic user, with his patron gods being Ra the sun god (Fire, Fire and MORE FIRE!), Horus, the god of sky and protector of the Pharaoh (Lightning and Mummy summons). Lastly you can actually worship the main antagonist Seth, god of Deserts, Chaos and EEEEVIL! (Dark magic damage spells and debuffing curses).

Loki3_zps8c0d9f15.png

Aztec Shaman is sort of like a weird druid. Her patron gods are Quetzalcoatl, god of Wisdom (Summoning and buffing your summons), Tezcatlipoca god of night and war (Shapeshifting) and lastly Mictlantecuhtli, god of death (Weird dark magic/necromantic mix, where you need to stay in the Spirit realm to use 90 percent of your skills).

Loki4_zps7cd24b7f.png

Norse Warrior is your typical barbarian, atleast if you go with the god of thunder Thor (2-handed weapons and lots of status efects) or god of war Tyr (Dual-wielding raging berserk), but can also be a battlemage character if you go with god of wisdom Odin (Wields staves or spears, summons valkyries and casts melee range ice spells).

Each character starts in their own era and throughout the game they visit the other ones aswell before finally facing Seth (never finished it, so I'm guessing that's what happens).

So, without further ado, which one shall be our chosen hero?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
So that's the famous Diablo killer mentioned by Potato media?:troll:
Still better than Torchlight.

Egyptian sorcerer because warriors are boring.

Jester

Arbiter
Still Aztec shaman got first vote that gets additional points. Yes I did cast it.
:troll:

Eriador

Arbiter
Sorry guys, the game started crashing after I finished three acts with my Sorcerer. Re-installing doesn't help and any new character I make suffers from the same crashes. I'll try to get it running, but I don't really have high hopes. Should have figured with this game though. Searching for any patches proved fruitless but I believe I have the latest version anyway...

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
:necro:

Op should thank whatever merciful power that prevent him from playing the rest of this garbage, because if you want to fight against the final boss, you'll have to finish the game THRICE.

The game being buggy, bland repetitive or hard or only secondary to the fact that it is incredibly bad. I forced myself to play throughout one playthrough and a half, I don't know if I can gather the courage to actually finish this turd.
I'll guess it can make entertaining LP to read, given how absurd the game design is. There are still a few things that have no idea if that's a bug or feature.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom