Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Magna Vinland: Potato for the Potato Gods

Where will the greater fun be?

• Take back Romania as Hungary under Vlad III Dracula and Impale Kebab and Hussites.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Unite all West Slavs as Pagan Pommerania and crush Knightly Orders with Hussars.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Save Zoroastrianism, remove falafel and forge a new Persian Empire. Be Saoshyant.

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Crush the HRE and unite Germany under Woden with the "Norse Papacy" of Trier.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Take back all clay the Rus stole from Finnic peoples and try to stop ITZ as Finland.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • IA! IA! IA! Lead an army of Prisoners of Ice to bring ITZ across the globe as the Aymaras.

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cassidy

Arcane
And this is the end. Unfortunately the game slowed down to a terrible pace in late game, and there was little more to do other than being at peace and waiting and I found out some serious, if FUN bug related to ITZ: it seems rebels gain part of the combat bonuses granted to the legions of ITZ.

=============

Unbreakable bastion

XaiXo9I.jpg

Ratizlaw III personally has chosen to lead his men in battle, in spite of the pleads of the boyars against it.

g6H47Sw.jpg

Thanks to his superior leadership skill, finally Pomorze won a significant battle against the Eldritch legions, but they were endless, and when they finally began to arrive in large numbers, all changed.

wTP6Dzb.jpg

Through the war, the infantry of Pommerania became better, with a new form of military unit that is a natural evolution of the Hadjuk being implemented, and better cannons as well.

hwRlUGA.jpg

Through the Bill of Rights, the society of Pomorze was evolving, almost to a "Western" degree of civilization, and soon the traditionalism still delaying technological advance would also come to an end.

dyYjewL.jpg

Another great victory. The vast fortifications of Lublin were Pommerania's best hope to withstand the hordes, and so far they succeeded at that.

R62amZY.jpg

Then, the real army of the Hastur Khaganate arrived.

UQnq3xx.jpg

But fortunately, the early victories and bravery of the defenders of Lublin secured peace for Pomorze, while Finland failed to defend their lands, for they were too librul to prepare for ITZ as much as Pommerania did.

WWAA7tP.jpg

:mhd:

A bullet was dodged with such a peace treaty Pommerania signed before their demise could happen. No, not only a bullet, but an enormous ball of slimy mind-raping tentacles fired from a monstrous cannon was dodged, for the hordes of Hastur have almost completely enriched Finland, and were spreading enrichment to the liberals of Sweden too.

HnrBlEP.jpg

Through the next years, finally the recognition of Pommerania's rule over all West Slavs was happening.

kGluGrc.jpg

Of course... Poland gonna Poland.

jAqH6JN.jpg

Portugal did not remove granada, but they still removed kebab from the premises as the Ottomans suffered another crushing defeat to the ever-expanding Hastur Khaganate.

ZOQMFjY.jpg

Later the Netherlands were teaching the frogs another lesson in why they should raise the white flag every time the Dutch heathens come knocking the Ardennes.

7IhwYCX.jpg

Cleves military might is unmatched, their glorious arms forged in a tradition of centuries of struggle and more than capable of defeating numerically superior forces. Truly fine allies to have, and perhaps one of the reasons the Hastur Khaganate never directly declared war against Pomorze.

zsgSIHh.jpg

And for a change, France raised the white flag...

:M

jYJOugd.jpg

Great men served as advisors to the aging Ratislaw III, one of them being a superb trader that ensured much prosperity for the economy of Pomorze, now that the old trade crisis was left in the past.

a2RHHIv.jpg

But in the mid 18th Century, the great Ratislaw III died, leaving Pomorze to the rule of his fortunately also great, if not so great son Ratislaw IV. Much larger countries than Pommerania were defied by the odious Eldritch Hordes, but since their total victory over Finland, Pommerania has been at peace.

lSw8WDz.jpg

Other than the tensions of the last step towards achieving full "westernization" and the usual rebel scum, that is.

Kk5N6Lx.jpg

Pomorze became a leader in army technology rather than trailing behind, and thus the completely degrading choice of trading arms from the west is gone, and their prestige will naturally rise as a consequence.

hgat7Sg.jpg

Yet, despite their advanced land technology, some traitors began to scaringly look too similar in their ways to the Eldritch hordes of the steppes. Then it became clear the plan of the Great Old Ones to destroy Pomorze, and why vigilance must never be lax. The ruinous powers of the Great Old Ones were clearly corrupting such traitors to divide and destroy mighty Pommerania. Let be no mercy to them, for this is the great wall of Europe against the horrors.

rUJ0t1i.jpg

And so through the 18th century, Pomorze would bravely resist Eldritch empowered traitors, crushing and burning them without mercy. Against all odds, they have survived, becoming the only thing standing between a lifetime of horror beyond description and Europe, and this burden would shape them through the next centuries into a highly militaristic country, as the end of mankind seemed to be coming, but they wouldn't relent, ever, for after all they have done, Pommerania would rather fight to the last man than surrender to what rules all lands east of theirs, and with Svarog's blessings, they shall prevail, no matter the odds!

:salute:

THE END

PS: Anticlimatic, I know, and sorry for that.

I have another LP almost ready, the first I will do for the game it will be about.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I think the rebels with bonuses actually make sense, albeit they shouldn't be that big. One has to be clearly mad and thus under the influence of the Old Ones to rebel when facing the eldritch hordes which want to annihilate mankind.

Cassidy

Arcane
Cassidy, any plan towards further balancing of ITZ? Way I see it, ITZ makes once-easy areas for the player into hotspots of pain (Central Asia, Mongolia, Andes, Northern America, Africa) but at long term ITZ formed empires are doomed to fall apart.

When I fix my comp, I'm going to play this with no end-date, game ends when the ITZ wins or loses.

For example, in your game with Vinland, Portugal conquered the Eldritch Aymaras. In the second, it lost land to them. Pretty good balance there.

Now that certain issues were clarified(as in: EUIV does not need Steam for Singleplayer) , I'm seriously considering to wait for the "Magna Mundi of EUIV, but without the stupid shit of the Magna Mundi of EUIII" to transfer this mod to the sequel as a modmod for it. Once that happens, if ever, it'll probably be much cheaper and I'll be at ease about purchasing it but downloading it from a DRM-free "unofficial service".

But I have a new version almost ready, except I'm axing a mini-HRE system I was doing for the pagan Germans because it proved to be more trouble than worth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom