Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Morrowind (Return of Jarema)

Next update will still use same plastic settings of MGO but update after that will be "vanilla".

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Also, what happened to Myth 3, faggot? :x

I had to make emergency system recovery due to couple viruses and I've lost the saves. I would have to start from scratch and I just don't feel like it.

Do it again. After leaving this LP on 3rd page....

Chapter 6 – Andrano's Tomb

1.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Before I report my sucess to Caius I better get some money for training at mage's guild.

2.jpg

Meldor the armourer bought our dwarven halberd for 250 elder bucks.

3.jpg

I also pawned our dwemer coins for a pittance.

4.jpg

Then we restocked our healing supplies at fighters guild.

5.jpg

Now we will pay a visit to our favorite kitty and make some restore fatigue potions to sell.

6.jpg

After couple days of brewing we managed to get enough money for few Restoration lessons.

7.jpg

8.jpg

We improved our restoration to 21 and leveled up.

9.jpg

Now we will rest at fighters guild.

10.jpg

Again, STR, END, and INT.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Goddamn bad dreams.

14.jpg

Maybe now I will be able to get some rest.

15.jpg

I've decided to finally buy steel helmet and guantlet with the money we have left after restoration training.

16.jpg

Now we look silly.

17.jpg

And our armor rating is up to 19.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Time to report to Caius.

18.jpg

caius.jpg

There notes are from Hasphat Antabolis? Excellent. I trust he didn't work you too hard for them. I'll look them over in more detail later, but now, I have some new orders for you.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I have some questions first. I'm starting to have really bad dreams...

caius.jpg

You're worrying me, Jarema. You're not going loopy on me, are you? A word of advice. In Morrowind, if you have distrubing dreams, the Temple says you are crazy. And they want to lock you up. And if you have distrubing dreams, and think they MEAN something, then the Temple thinks you're a prophet or witch. And they want to lock you up. So take my advice, and keep a lid on it.

Jaremasmall.jpg

What do you know about the Temple?

caius.jpg

The Tribunal Temple is the native religion. They worship three God-Kings, Almalexia, Sotha Sil, and Vivec, who are known together as the Tribunal. We usually just call it 'The Temple'. They're narrow-minded and supersitious, but I find a lot to admire – particularly their concern for the poor. They accept outlanders as members, but few outlanders join except for the services. Talk to Feldrelo Sadri at the Balmota Temple you you're thinking about joining.

Jaremasmall.jpg

You told to me to ask Hasphat about Nerevar. Do you know anything about him?

caius.jpg

Some Dunmer believe that an orphan and outcast, a youth born on a certain day to uncertain parents, will one day unite all the tribes of the Dunmer, drive out the invaders of Morrowind, and reestablish the ancient laws and customs of the Dark Elven nations. They call this orphan and outcast the "Nerevarine", and say the Nerevarine will be reincarnation of the lond-dead Dunmer General and First Councilor, Lord Indoril Nerevar.

Jaremasmall.jpg

What about the Sixt House?

caius.jpg

A trusted informant says they're a secret cult associated with some strange events recently, and, more important, my informant thinks these recent disturbances are related in some way to the Nerevarine Prophecies.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Nerevarine Prophecies?

caius.jpg

The Illiterate Ashlanders pass down their custorms and history in the form of poetic verses. Among the things they preserve in verse are the dreams and prohetic visions of their wise women, in parituclar the verses that foretell the coming of the Nerevarine. But I don't know much about it. That's why I'm sending you to find out.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Who are the Ashlanders?

caius.jpg

I don't know much about the Ashlanders. Most people say they are murderous savages. But most people are idiots. I know they hate their settled Dunmer cousins almost as much as they hate Westerners. They must be tought to live in the Ashlands. I don't think outlanders can become members of the tribes. I don't know why anyone would want to.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Ok, what about my new orders?

caius.jpg

I've glanced at Hasphat Antabolis' notes. They cover the Sixth House admirably, but not the Nerevarine cult. Hop on over to the Balmora Mages Guild. It's right next to the Balmora Fighters Guild. Get Sharn gra-Muzgob to tell you what she knows about the Nerevarine. She'll have some silly errand for you. Do what she asks. And report back when she's given you the information.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Who is that Sharn gra-Muzgob?

caius.jpg

Very smart. For an Orc. An unhealthy interest in the dar arts, perhaps, but very smart. She's always worried that the Temple will bust in and stick her in a fire. And worried with good reason.

Jaremasmall.jpg

That was very Bethesda answer Caius.

caius.jpg

I beg you pardon?

Jaremasmall.jpg

Nevermind, I'll look into it.

19.jpg

That's one of the books Hasphat recommended. Let's take a look...

The War of the First Council

[This account by the Imperial scholar Agrippa Fundilius is based on various Imperial and Dunmer sources, and written for Western readers.]

The War of the First Council was a First Age religious onflict between the secular Dunmer Houses Dwemer and Dagoth and the orthodox Dunmer Houses Indoril, Redoran, Dres, Hlaalu, and Telvanni. The First Council was the first pan-Dunmer governing body, which collapsed over disputes about sorceries and enchantments practiced by the Dwemer and declared profane by the other Houses.

The Secular Houses, less numerous, but politically and magically more advanced, and aided by Nord and Orc clans drawn by promise of land and booty, initially campaigned with great sucess in the north of Morrowind, and occupied much of the land now comprising Redoran, Vvardenfell, and Telvanni District. The Orthodox Houses, widely dispersed and poorly organized, suffered defeat after defeat until Nerevar was made general of all House troops and levies.

Nerevar secured the aid of nomad barbarian tribesmen, and contrived to force a major battle at the Secular stronghold of Red Mountain on Vvardenfell. The Secular forces were outmaneuvered and defeated with the help of Ashlander scouts, and the survivors forced to take refuge in the Dwemer stronghold at Red Mountain.

After brieg siege, treason permitted Nerevar and his troops to enter the stronghold, where the Secular leaders were slain, and Nerevar mortally wounded. General slaughter followed, and Houses Dwemer and Dagoth were exterminated. Nerevar died shortly thereafter of his wounds.

Three of Nerevar's associates among the Orthodox Houses, Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil, succeeded to control of the re-created First Council, re-named the Grand Council of Morrowind, and went on to be come the god-kings and immortal rulers of Morrowind known as the Tribunal, or Almsivi.

1.jpg

Now, let's visit this orc at Mage's Guild

2.jpg

3.jpg

sharn.jpg

No. No interruptions! How many times... Oh, You are on of Caius' associates? That is a different matter. Caius and I have a very satisfactory arrangement, and I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement, if you will complete a little errand for me.

Jaremasmall.jpg

What errand?

sharn.jpg

The errand is very simple. I need the skull of Llevule Andrano. You'll find it in Andrano Ancestral Tomb. But take care not to upset the natives. The Dunmer have some peculiar primitive prejufices against necromancy, and take grave objection to unauthorized tomb visits.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Who was that Llevule Andrano?

sharn.jpg

He was no one special. A journeyman enchanter. There may be many skulls in Andrano Tomb, but you'll have no problem recognizing Llevule's skull from the ritual markings.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Where is that tomb?

sharn.jpg

The tomb is south of Pelagiad, just off the road, just before you reach the fork where the road goes southwest towards Seyda Neen and southeast to Vivec. You may need an enchanted blade. Some spirits are immune to normal weapons. Here. Tahe this old shortsword. And maybe these old scrolls will come in handy.

Jaremasmall.jpg

You mentioned something about locals not being very happy about digging up this skull...

sharn.jpg

In the Empire, necromancy is a legitimate discipline, though body and spirits are protected property, and may not be used without permission of the owner. But in Morrowind, the Dunmer loathe necromancers, and put them to death. That's absurd, of course, since the Dunmer summon their OWN dead to guard tobs and defend the family. Sacred necromancy is righteous, while philosophical cenromancy is evil. It's primitive superstition, that's all.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Allright, I will bring you this skull.

1.jpg

Pelagiad is just east from Seyda Neen I will take silt strider to this damp hole and take a little stroll in a country.

2.jpg

I failed to cast Mark spell and used all our magicka. I guess we will join the mages guild for their free magicka potions.

3.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Done and done.

4.jpg

They don't restore much but they are better than nothing.

5.jpg

We gulped one and finally managed to sucesfully cast Mark spell.

6.jpg

Take me to Seyda Neen.

7.jpg

8.jpg

We arrived at 6 pm and it's already dark as fuck. I deicded to wait till morning.

9.jpg

Now I should just head east...

10.jpg

On our way we got attacked by Nix-Hound.

11.jpg

But we dealt with him easily.

12.jpg

It should be somwhere around here...

13.jpg

Yes, here it is.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Let me just cast some torch spell and I'm on my way.

16.jpg

[You scared the shit out of me!

17.jpg

But he was just scary, not dangerous.

18.jpg

And we got some ectoplasm for our alchemical experiments.

19.jpg

Shrine of saint Veloth. I will leave it be.

20.jpg

I will take the bonemeal from the urns though.

21.jpg

22.jpg

Have at you!

23.jpg

Skeleton is down but there is another undead behind me.

24.jpg

Nothing too dangerous though.

25.jpg

We looted enchanted arrows from the dead skeleton.

26.jpg

And we continue our search for Andrano's skull.

27.jpg

28.jpg

There is another skeleton.

29.jpg

30.jpg

We move back and use our "Woud" ability which gives us additional 30 armor.

31.jpg

But it didn't helped much and he bitchslaps us with one hit.

Azura.jpg

... Dammit.

king%2520of%2520worms.jpg

... I will ressurect him again, Azura.

32.jpg

On a second though, let's leave those doors alone.

33.jpg

Ok, that's something more up our speed.

34.jpg

35.jpg

He didn't killed us in one hit, that's very nice of him.

36.jpg

37.jpg

More enchanted arrows for us to collect.

38.jpg

And some random loot scattered about.

39.jpg

40.jpg

I can sell this heart for pretty penny. Or just make potion out of it.

41.jpg

42.jpg

Another scary looking doors, and there is something noisy behind them...

43.jpg

I've already killed one of you!

44.jpg

But this one hits like a fucking truck. RETREAT!

45.jpg

We will have to use our healing potions.

46.jpg

He still manages to almos strike us down with few hits.

47.jpg

Time for another potion.

48.jpg

Ok, we got him.

49.jpg

He had soul gem. We will take it.

50.jpg

I think that's what I'm looking for.

51.jpg

Also, a skill book.

52.jpg

53.jpg

More loot scattered around.

54.jpg

And some leftover skeletons.

55.jpg

I think we are done here.

56.jpg

Beam me up scotty.

57.jpg

sharn.jpg

Again? Is this about the errand you are doing for me?

Jaremasmall.jpg

Yes, I've got the skull here.

sharn.jpg

Very good. I'll just take that skull from you. Perfect for what I have in mind. Thank you. Now. As I promised. I'll answet your questions on the Nerevarine cult.

This Ashlander cult believes that long-dead hero Nerevar will be reborn to honor ancient promises to the tribes. According to legend, the prophesied Nerevarine will cast down the false gods of the Tribunal Temple, restore the traditional ancestor worship practiced by the Ashlanders, and drive all outlanders from Morrowind. Both Temple and Empire outlaw the cult, but it persists among the Ashlanders, who care little for Imperial or Temple law. Here. Take this copy of my notes on the topic for Caius.

1.jpg

Before reporting to Caius I will sell my loot from Andrano's Tomb.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

943 gold coins. We are not rich but it's something. Now let's look at those notes Sharn gave us.

[The following are notes from Sharn gra-Muzgob to Caius Cosades.]

The Nerevarine Cult

This Ashlander religious cult follows prophecies of a Nerevar reborn to honor ancient promises to the tribes, to reestablish the traditions of the Prophet Veloth, to cast down the false gods of the Tribunal Temple, and to drive all outrlanders from Morrowind. Both Temple and Empire outlaw the cult, but it persists among the Ashlanders. Despite Imperial and Temple repression. Because it is persecuted, it remains a sercer cult, and it is hard to judge how widespread it is among the Ashaldners, or wheter it has any following outside the Ashalnder tribes.

The Nerevarine

The Ashlanders firmly believe that Nerevar will return to restore the glories of ancient Resdayn [Morrowind was called 'Resdayn' before the Imperial occupation.] The Ashlanders say the Great Houses and the Temple have abandoned the pure teachings of the Prophet Veloth, forsaking ancestor worship for the false gods of the Tribunal, and embracing the comforts of civilization that corrupted the Hugh Elves. The Temple, on the other hand, venerates Saint Nerevar, but rejects the disgusting notion that the False Incarnate will walk the earth like a ghoul.

Nerevar

The Temple honor Saint Nerevar as the greatest Dunmer general, First Councilor, and companion of Vivec, Almalexia, and Sotha Sil, who united the Dunmer Houses to destroy the evil Dwemer, the treacherous House Dagoth, and their Western allies at Red Mountain. But the Ashlanders say Nerevar promised to honor the Ancient Spirits and the Tribal law, and that he will come again to honor that promise. To the Ashalnders, this means destroying the false Temple and driving the Imperial invaders from the land.

Nerevarine Prophecies

Dream visions and prophecies are a respected tradition in Ashlander culture. Their wise women and shamans take careful note of dreams and visions, and pass on the tribe's legacies of vision and prophecy to their successors. By vontrast, the Temple and the Western faiths are suspicious of mysticism and they regard interpretation of dreams and visions as primitive superstition.

The most common version of the Nerevarine Prophecy is THE STRANGER. The verses are obscure, as are most prohpecies. But two observations are in order.

First, many less-well-informed scholars asume that the phrase 'journeyed far 'nearth moon and star' is just a cliche to suggest a very long journey, but the Nerevar of legend was known to posses a magical ring named "One-Clan-Under-Moon-and-Star" upon which Nerevar is supposed to have sworn his promise to honor ancient Ashalnder traditions and land rights.

Second, the reference to "seven curses" must certainly refer to the lost prophetic verses known to the Ashlanders as the SEVEN CURSES.

THE STRANGER

When earth is sundered, and skies choked black,

And sleepers serve the seven curses,

To the hearth there comes a stranger,

Journeyed far 'nearth moon and star.

Though stark-born to sire uncertain

His aspect marks his certain fate.

Wicked stalk him, righteous curse him.

Prophets speak, but all deny.

Many trials make manifest

The stranger's fate, the curses' bane.

Many touchstones try the stranger

Many fall, but one remains.

Lost Prophecies

Ashlander elders complain of prophecies which have been lost to tribal memory due to the carelessnes or ineptitude of earlier generations of wise women and ashkhans. Suspicious scholars wonder wheter thse prophecies might have been deliberately forgotten or suppressed. Three Nerevarine prophecies in paritcular are said to have been lost: 1. The Lost prophecies; 2. The Seven Curses; and 3. Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate. Perhaps these lost prophecies will someday be gound, either in forgotten accounts written by literate travelers, or in the memories of isolated Ashlanders, or in the secret traditions of the wise women and shamans.

5.jpg

On our way to Caius we improved our athletics skill and it leveled us up.

6.jpg

caius.jpg

Are you here to discuss your orders, Jarema? Or is there something else you want?

Jaremasmall.jpg

I've completed your order Caius.

caius.jpg

And these are Sharn's notes on the Nerevarine cult? Excellent. I'm promoting you to Blades Apprentice, Jarema. And there's a little present – two spell scrolls. The Divine Intervention will recall you to the nearest Imperial shrine, and the Almsivi Intervention will recall you to the nearest Temple. They come in handy for a quick getaway. No, no Jarema. No thanks needed. You're doing great work. I'd like some time to think how this fits in with the Emperor's plan for you. So if you'd like to get in a little freelance adventuring, go ahead. But whenever you're ready, I'll have new orders for you.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I'm here so I might as well listen whats your further orders.

caius.jpg

I want you to interview three informants in Vivec City concerning the Nerevarine and the Sixth House. First, I want you to speak with Addhiranirr, a Khajiit Thieves Guild operative. Second, I want you to speak with Huleeya, and Argonian in the Morag Tong. Finally, I want you to speak with Mehra Milo, a Temple priestess. Here, I've written the details down, so you won'r forget. And here are 200 drakes. For bribes and other expenses.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Who is that Addhiranirr character?

caius.jpg

Addhiranirr is Khajiir, and a Thieves Guild operative. You'll find her in St. Olms Canton in Vivec. Be careful what you say, and use common sense. People in the cantons are suspicious of outsiders; you may have to win... or purchase... their confidence.

Jaremasmall.jpg

What about Huleeya?

caius.jpg

Huleeya is an Argonian and a Morag Tong assasin. You'll find him in Vivec, at the Black Shalk Cornerclub in the Lower Waistworks of the Foreign Quarter. In addition to his other skills, Huleeys is also known around Vivec City as a student of history and a lover of books and old thing.

Jaremasmall.jpg

And a Mehra Milo?

caius.jpg

Mehra Milo is a Temple priestess who works in the libraries at the Hall of Wisdom and Justice. She's a friend, so be careful, and don't get her in trouble. The Temple is suspicious of outlanders, and wouldn't be happy to find Mehra talking with you about religious matters. She'll be easy to spot. Look for the priestess with the copper hair and copper eyes.

Jaremasmall.jpg

What can you tell me about Vivec city?

caius.jpg

Vivec City, named for Vivec, a living god of Morrowind, is the largest settlement on Vvardenfell, and one of the largest cities in the East. Take the silt strider from Balmora to Vivec; it's fast, cheap, and safe. Of, if you're feeling adventurous, walk the road south from Balmora, past Pelagiad, through the Ascadian Isles to Vivec. Be careful. It's easy to lose the road or blunder into beasts when traveling by night or in bad weather. Travel by day to avoid getting lost. Or killed.

Chapter 7 – Unfinished Business

1.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

I still have this contract from Fighters Guild to kill telvanni agents in Caldera. I think it's time to look into this matter.

2.jpg

We were told to kill four Telvanni agents in ebony mine near Caldera. We will try to finish this mission before out trip to Vivec.

3.jpg

Fastest way to get to Caldera is by teleportation service in mages guild.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Do you know how to get to ebony mines?

8.jpg

9.jpg

I guess I will just head northwest then.

10.jpg

Nix-Hounds, goddamn pest!

11.jpg

12.jpg

Another one!

13.jpg

This one almost fucking killed me.

14.jpg

But we gulped one potion and it tipped the balance.

15.jpg

Ah yes. I think that's what I'm looking for.

16.jpg

Eydis warned me about Telvanni spies having someone on look out. I will have to be careful with this guy.

17.jpg

We will rest before approaching him.

18.jpg

We leveled up. It was shitty level up though.

19.jpg

Dammit, those guys again!

20.jpg

He's ripping us new asshole so we used Woad ability.

21.jpg

We still are getting our ass kicked badly.

22.jpg

I'm out of stamina and I have hard time hitting this guy. I decided to use Thunder Fist ability which deals 25 points of damage on touch.

23.jpg

It made some difference but we have to start gulping potions.

24.jpg

And we are down to cheap ones.

25.jpg

Fucker finally died and we looted his dark brotherhood armor to sell it later.

26.jpg

Now we have to rest again before we approach this suspicious looking guy.

27.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

ARE YOU TELVANNI AGENT?

28.jpg

I'll take it as a yes...

29.jpg

We immidiately used Thunder Fist on him and then started slashing him with our saber.

30.jpg

He went down quite fast. We will take his dragonscale shield.

1.jpg

Rest of those Telvanni agenst must be hiding in here.

2.jpg

Sneaky, sneaky...

3.jpg

Dammit, there is three of them. FLEE!

4.jpg

5.jpg

Fighting three of them at once is suicide but it looks like I don't have any other choice.

6.jpg

We used Woad ability. Quickly dispatched one agent and then GTFO from there.

7.jpg

We will rest and then try to kill another one.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Ok, I think that's all of them.

10.jpg

Let's see what they have in their little hidey hole.

11.jpg

Bunch of crates with couple of gold coins in each.

12.jpg

Trapped and locked chest which I decided to leave alone.

13.jpg

Let's see what else we have here.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Water is infested with slaughterfish.

16.jpg

But they are not much of a problem to Jarema.

17.jpg

There is a chest on a bottom. I will try to get to that chest... and not drown.

18.jpg

Chest was trapped but trap was laughable.

19.jpg

Chest contained expensive talisman, expensive shoes and 33 gold coins.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Now we can go back to Caldera proper.

22.jpg

Actually we still had our mark spell anchored near Sharn.

23.jpg

We quickly made our way back to fighters guild and sold another set of dark brotherhood armor.

24.jpg

Now we can report our success to Eydis.

eydis.jpg

Do you have information on the Telvanni agents? I need to know

Jaremasmall.jpg

All you need to know is that they are all dead.

eydis.jpg

You got all four? Good. That'll make some people at Caldera Mining Company very happy. And here's 400 septims. The Caldera Mining Company pays well. And when your (sic) ready for more orders, let me know.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I can take next job right away.

eydis.jpg

I need someone to return a code book that belongs to our client. The code book our client wants is in the hands of Sottilde at the South Wall in Balmora. Find that code book and bring it back to me.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Who is Sottilde?

eydis.jpg

She's Thieves Guild. I take full responsibility. And listen. I'm Guild Steward. When I say jump, you ask, 'how high?'. Keep that in mind, and we won't have any problems.

Jaremasmall.jpg

As you wish. I will get you this code book.

25.jpg

Now we have quite a few gold coins. They should buy us few training sessions.

26.jpg

I will rest until morning and then I will look for this Sottilde.

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Sottilde.jpg

Hello, friend. I'm Sottilde. Welcome to Balmora. If you have a question, I'll be happy to answer it. Or try, anyway. And if it's just a little advice you'd like, that's fine, too.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I'm looking for a code bo...

Sottilde.jpg

What code book? I wouldn't talk to you about that sort of thing!

Jaremasmall.jpg

What if I gave you 100 gold coins?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Sottilde.jpg

Okay, friend. You know about the code book. I don't want any trouble with you, so just take it. Just don't tell anyone I gave it to you.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Well... that was easy.

3.jpg

eydis.jpg

Have you recovered that code book yet? I've been waiting too long for it.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Yes, here it is.

eydis.jpg

I'm glad to see that code book, Jarema. Hand it over and I'll get your payment. Here's your 50 Septims, Jarema. The Fighter Guild recognizes you, Jarema. You are now Jarema the Swordsman. If you want more orders, just ask.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I think I'll take a little rest right now.

4.jpg

I'm also member of Mages guild. Let's see if they have anything to do for me.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Ajira.jpg

What brings you to Ajira's shop? Do you want duties from Ajira? Do you want the local brews? Or help in a fight? Some Telvanni bug musk? Or a way to reach the high places?

Jaremasmall.jpg

I'm here for the job.

Ajira.jpg

Yes, Ajira has duties for you. Before Ajira can be Journeyman in the Mages Guild, Ajira must study local mushrooms.

Ajira.jpg

To finish Ajira's report, Ajira needs samples of Luminous Russala, Violet Coprinus, Bungler's Bane, and Hypha Facia. Ajira knows you can find all these on the Bitter Coast. The easiest way is go south along the River Odai until you see a wooden bridge across the river. Get out of the river there and find a parth west over the hills.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I think I have all those mushrooms on me right now.

Ajira.jpg

Do you have samples of all the mushrooms?

Jaremasmall.jpg

Yeah, you can have them.

Ajira.jpg

Yes, these are all good samples. Now Ajira can write the report and be a Journeyman of the Mages Guild. Ajira has made potions for you to take in return. Ajira is no great alchemist yet, but Ajira thinks you can use thse.

7.jpg

Ajira.jpg

Yes, Ajira has more duties for Jarema. Ajira made a bet with Galbedir that Ajira would be Journeyman before Galbedir. Now Ajira must study these mushrooms and write a report. Ajira wants you to give Galbedir a fake soul gem. Take it and put it on Galbedir's desk upstairs. Galbedir should be coming downstairs to talk with Marayn Dren, so no one will se you do this thing.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Will do.

8.jpg

Now, let's quickly go upstairs.

9.jpg

Galbedir is really going to speak with someone.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

We plant our fake soul game on Galbedir's desk.

13.jpg

And then we proceed to steal everything she has here.

14.jpg

Including grand soul gem with soulf of winged twilight.

15.jpg

... And a platter.

16.jpg

17.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Do Ajira has anything more for me to do?

Ajira.jpg

Ajira must now study local flowers. Yes, Ajira must study flowers now. Ajira needs samples of Gold Kanet, Stoneflower Petals, Willow Anther, and Heather. These can all be found on the shores of Lake Amaya. To get to Lake Amaya, go southeast out of Balmora, past Fort Moonmoth. Then Follow the signs and take the road to Pelagiad. After you cross the Foyada Mamaea, go towards Suran at the next crossroads. All the flowers Ajira needs are near the path to Suran which runs along the north shore of Lake Amaya.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I will take care of it later. Now, I think I need some more training.

1.jpg

We will spend some of our hard earned money to improve our restoration skill.

2.jpg

Fortunately, restoration training is quite cheap.

3.jpg

We've raised it to level 30 and leveled up.

4.jpg

Now we have 74 % chance of casting our basic healing spell succesfully.

Harold

Arcane
Hooray for no more dumbfuck graphics:incline:
Oh, and you should probably use that mod that delays the Dumb Brotherhood attacks until you get a high enough reputation a.k.a. the way it actually makes sense. No more annoyance when waking up and no more free moneys from selling their scuba diving gear.

Oh, and you should probably use that mod that delays the Dumb Brotherhood attacks until you get a high enough reputation a.k.a. the way it actually makes sense. No more annoyance when waking up and no more free moneys from selling their scuba diving gear.

I will look into this mod. If any of you have other mods suggestions I'm all ears.

Chapter 8 – City of god

1.jpg

It's time to invest in new spells. I decided to buy Ondusi's Open Door which opens lock up to level 50. This spell belongs to Alteration school of magic and altertation is one of our main skills.

2.jpg

Unfortunately we are still terrible at alteration and we have only 34% chance of casting this spell. We need some lessons.

3.jpg

4.jpg

After spending some hard earned elder bucks we've improved our alteration to level 22.

5.jpg

Now we have 51 % chance (if we are at maximum stamina of course).

6.jpg

We have quest to bring Ajira some flowers that grows on the shore of lake Amaya.

7.jpg

But first we will do some alchemy which will improve our skill and make us some much needed money.

8.jpg

Alchemy is at level 40 now and we've got ourselves 1248 gold coins.

9.jpg

Now we shall rest at fighters guild and level up.

10.jpg

11.jpg

We are ready for another level up but I think that we will get only +1 to every chosen attribute if we level up right now without any further skill gains.

12.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Now I can start looking for those flowers.

13.jpg

I have to head towards Moonmoth Fort...

14.jpg

And then turn towards Pelagiad.

15.jpg

Now, just follow foyada.

16.jpg

Filthy creature, it bit me!

17.jpg

And we had to put this majestic bastard to sleep.

18.jpg

I've followed foyada till the end. Now let's turn towards Suran.

19.jpg

That's the lake Amaya I presume.

20.jpg

And our flowers are here.

21.jpg

Put them in a bag.

22.jpg

We took a dive in lake Amaya and we've found a pearl inside small kollop.

23.jpg

Then wild Nix-Hound appeared.

24.jpg

We advanced in heavy armour.

25.jpg

And then quickly killed the bastard.

26.jpg

27.jpg

Ok, we've got all the flowers Ajiira asked us to collect. Now we can teleport back to mages guild.

Ajira.jpg

Does Jarema have flowers for Ajira?

Jaremasmall.jpg

Yes, here they are.

Ajira.jpg

Yes, these are the glowers that Ajira needs. Ajira has made more potions for you. Ajira hopes that you will use them well

Those are just cheap restore magicka potions. Quite usless to us.

28.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

I think now is the time for a trip to Vivec to speak with Caius' informants.

29.jpg

Quite impressive.

30.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

First informant, Huleeya supposed to be in foregin quarter. We are already there. Now we have to find lower waistworks.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

He should be here.

34.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Are you Huleeya?

huleeya.jpg

I welcome you as the friend of my friend, Jarema. But I wish to go to my friend's bookstore, and these troublesome fools are in my way. I have tried to persuade them, but they hate my race, and I fear there will be violence. Perhaps if you speak with them... but be careful... and be ready.

Jaremasmall.jpg

What they have against you?

huleeya.jpg

The sight of a free Argonian offends these racist thugs. It would tarnish my Morag Tong honor to slay them, and I don't want to trouble my friend Saralis Golmis by fighting in his club. But I must go to my friend's bookstore, where we can talk in peace. If you have a way with words, perhaps you can talk to them. Or if you have way with money, they might be bought. Otherwise, I fear there must be bloodshed.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Don't worry, I will deal with them. But first, you said something about 'Morag Tong' honor?

huleeya.jpg

I am only a low-ranking member. But pauper and commoner do not suffer from war here as they do in the West, thanks to the honored traditions of House War and the Morag Tong. I am an Argonian, yet they treat me with respect. If you are curious, find a copy of "The Black Glove." But please... do not mistake us for the Dark Brotherhood! The Dark Brotherhood is a perversion of ancient Dunmer trafitions. They have sold their honor for profit, and are no more than a leafue of murderers-for-hire.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Allright. You also said that we can talk in peace in your friend's bookstore.

huleeya.jpg

My friend, Jobasha the Khajiit, has a bookstore, Jobasha's Rare Books. If you will agree to travel together with me there, I will answet your questions. But before we go, I beg you to try to persuade these troublesome fools to leave us alone. Otherwise, I fear they will attack us the moment we go to leave.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I will deal with them.

35.jpg

36.jpg

We've bribed "troublesome fool" with 100 elder bucks and he agreed to leave Huleeya alone.

huleeya.jpg

Thank you, Jarema. I will follow you to Jobasha's Rare Books, and we will speak further there.

37.jpg

Now Huleeya is following us.

38.jpg

His friend's bookstore is just on the other side of lower waistworks.

huleeya.jpg

Yes, thank you very much. We should be free from distraction here. Now, I said I'd tell you about the Nerevarine cult so you can report back to Caius. And I don't know of any Sixt House cult, but I can tell you what I do know. To understand the Nerevarine cult, you must understand the history of the Ashlanders. Nerevar means something very different to the Ashlanders from what he means to Dunmer of the Great Houses. You should also know about the persecution of the Nerevarine, and the legacy of the Galse Incarnate, for the Nerevarine cult is at the heart of the ancient conflict between the nomadic Ashlanders and the settled Great House Dunmer. Here is a summary for Caius, but ask your questions, and I'll answer in detail.

Jaremasmall.jpg

What can you tell me about history of the Ashlanders?

huleeya.jpg

In the First Era, the nomadic Ashlanders and the settled Dunmer clans were much alike, but after the First Council and the formation of the Great Houses, Ashlanders have been steafily forced into the poorest and most hostile lands. Now the nomadic trives look to the prophesied return of Nerevar for a restoration of their ancient rights and religious traditions. The Temple treats the Nerevarine prophecies as heresy, and the Temple imprisons and executes heretic, unless prevented byt Imperial law. But, ince the Nervarine cult is hostile to the Empire, the Empire does not interfere when Temple persecutes the cult. Ashlanders hate the Temple, and particularly the Ordinators, for their ruthless treatment of Nerevarine cultists. In the past, some have claimed to be the reincarnated Nerevar. The most recent is known as Peakstar, a figure of legend among the Wastes tribes for the last 30 years. The Temple says these false Incarnates disprove the prophecies, since the false Incarnates fail and come to nothign, but the mystical Nerevarine cult glorifies rather than shrinks from contradictions, cititng appearance of "failed Incrnate's" as certain proof of Nerevar's coming rebirth.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Thank you, Huleeya. I will go now.

The notes he gave us say basically the same thing he already told us so no point in reading them.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Now I have to get to St. Olmes canton and speak with another informant.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Boats don't go to St. Olmes so we had to go there on foot.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Sorry, no idea.

5.jpg

Would 200 coins refresh your memory?

6.jpg

Good man.

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

I'm here to speak to you. Caius sends me.

kotek.jpg

Great. So Caius says to you, "Speak with Addhiranirr" And you have done this thing. You are speaking with Addhiranirr. But Addhiranirr will not talk to you about the Nerevarine or the Sixt House cult, and because why? Because Addhiranirr is, at this moment, very distracted by nice Census and Excise agent, who also wants to speak with her.

Jaremasmall.jpg

What's the deal with this census agent?

kotek.jpg

You do not know this? They are the collectors of the Empror's taxes and tariffs. And the Emperor has outlawed trade in many things, like Dwemer artifacts and ebony, and a Census and Excise agent will enjoy being a pest about such things. For several reasons, a Census and Excise agent is not Addhiranirr's favorite person. If you want Addhiranirr to help you, make the bad agent go away. Then she will tell you things.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I think I met this agent already.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

She just took a gondola to the mainland.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Let's go back to Addhiranirr.

kotek.jpg

Really? You have made the agent go away? This is a good trick. And Addhiranirr does not ask you how you do this trick, because Addhiranirr does not want to know. But now Addhiranirr is feeling quite god, and happy to talk to you about the Nerevarine cult or the Sixth House cult. Go ahead. Ask you questions.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Do you know anything about Sixth House cult?

kotek.jpg

This Addhiranirr knows about, because it is about smuggling. Some smart smugglers are suddenly too busy for their old clients, because they have a new employer, the Sixth House, who pays VERY well. But what do they smuggle now? Addhiranirr doesn't know, because they are very secret. And this is odd, because these smugglers are always loud and bragging, and now they hush up like fat-bellied kitties full of sweet-meats.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Thank you. If that's it I will now speak with our last informer.

15.jpg

Now we have to haul our ass to Temple district, but I think that gondolas are going there.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

And here we are.

1.jpg

Now we have to find Hall of Wisdom.

2.jpg

3.jpg

A priestess with copper hairs and copper eyes...

4.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Are you Mehra Milo?

5.jpg

6.jpg

mehra.jpg

I'm afraid I don't know anything about a Sixth House cult, but I can tell you about the Nerevarine cult. The Temple worships Nerevar as a saint and hero, but prophecies of his reincarnation are punished as wicked heresy. The Nerevarine cult claims the Tribunal are false gods, hence the Temple's persecution of the Nervarine cult. A group called the Dissident Priests disputes Temple doctrine on the Nervarine prophecies. The proscribed book 'Progress of Truth' describes their beliefs. Get a copy of 'Progress of Truth' for Caius Cosades. That will tell him things he needs to know about the Nerevarine cult.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Who are those Dissident priests?

mehra.jpg

The Dissident priests dispute Temple doctrine, and are outlawed and persecuted by the Temple. Ordinators arrest and imprison heretics, and the Empire cannot interfere. 'Progress of Truth' lists their beliefs. In brief, they challenge the purity and divinity of the Tribunal, suggesting their powers are sorcerous, not divine, and perhaps akin to the powers of Dagoth Ur. They also condemn the arbitraty power of the Ordinators, and acuse the Temple hierarchy of self-interest and corruption.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Can you tell me more about 'Progress of Truth'?

mehra.jpg

This book lists the disputes of the Dissident priests with Tribunal Temple doctrines. The Temple has outlawed the sale or possesion of the book, so it will be hard to find. We have copy here, but I fear I'm being watched by Ordinators here. A safer plan would be to search local booksellers. Some booksellers ignore Temple bans on outlawed books for profits or for principles.

Jaremasmall.jpg

You are being watched by ordinators?

mehra.jpg

I do not care for Temple politics. But I have read 'Progress of Truth' and it troubles me, I have friends, former priests, who have gone into hiding, so I am bound to come to the attention of the Ordinators. I am careful, but I'm afraid. I'm no sevret agent, like you or Caius. Sooner or laterI, too, must fo into hiding. If it is not too late. When you return to Caius, tell him I am worried, and that if something goes wrong, I will leave a message under the agreed code word 'amaya'.

Jaremasmall.jpg

By the way, you are priest, maybe you can help me. I'm getting fucked up dreams lately...

mehra.jpg

That means nothing to me. Perhaps you wouldn't know, but the Temple regards disturbing dreams as a sign of soul sickness – a sign that the mind is deranged by impure impulses and dangerous feelings. The Ashlanders hame many superstitions about dreams, but they have superstitions about everything.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Soul sickness?

mehra.jpg

Soul sickness is called "madness" or "instanity" in the Empire. Sign of soul sickness are strange dreams, uncontrollable impulses, and cruel and evil deeds. Madness is not a disease, as Westerners belive, for if it were, it might be cured by blessings and healers. Soul sickness is curse of Dagoth Ur, who sends dark dreams to attack the weak of faith in their sleep. Those strong in faith can resists; those weak in faith must seek counsel from the Temple.

Jaremasmall.jpg

... Allright, thank you. I think I know where we could find a copy of 'Progress of Truth'.

7.jpg

We will pay a visit to Jobasha's Rare Books bookstore in foreign quarters.

8.jpg

9.jpg

First we have to take boat to Arena district.

10.jpg

And from there we can take a boat to foreign quarters.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

This bookstore is guarded but Jarema is true son of this fatherland...

14.jpg

And like a true son he will steal this book instead of buying it.

PROGRESS OF TRUTH

Compiled byt the Dissident Priests

EXCERPT: concerning the points of Temple doctrine challenged by the Dissident priests:

• the divinity of the Tribunal
Temple doctrine claims their apotheosis was miraculously achieved through questing, virtue, knowledge, testing, and battling with Evil; Temple doctrine claims their divine powers and immortality are ultimately conferred as a communal judgement by the Dunmer ancestors pincluding, among others, the Good Daedra, the prophet Veloth, and Saint Nerevar]. Dissident Priests ask wheter Dagoth Ur's powers and the Tribunal powers might ulitmately derive from the same source – Red Mountain. Sources in the Apographa suggest that Tribunal relied on profanely enchanted tools to achieve godhead, and that those unholy devices were the ones originally created by the ungodly Dwemer sorceror Kagrenae to create the False Construct Numidium.

• the purity of the Tribunal
The Dissident Priests say that the Temple has always maintained a public face [represented by the Heirographa – the "priestly writings"] and a hidden face [represented by the Apographa – the "hidden writings"]. The public account portrays the actions of the Tribunal in heroic light, while the hidden writings reveal sevrets, untruths, inconsistencies, conflicting accounts and varying interpretations which hint at darker and less heroic motives and actions of the Tribunes. In particular, conflicting accounts of the battle at Red Mountain raise questions about the Tribunal's conduct, and about the source of their subsequent apotheosis. Also, there is good evidence that the Tribunal have been concealing the true nature of the threat posed by Dagoth Ur at Red Mountain misleading the people about the Tribunal's ability to protect Morrowind from Dagoth Ur, and concealing a recent dramatic dimnishing of the Tribunal's magical powers.

• Temple accounts of the Battle of Red Mountain
Ashlander tradition does not place the Tribunal at Red Mountain, and holds that the Dwemer destroyed themselves, rather that Nerevar destroyed them. Ashlander tradition further holds that Nerevar left Dagoth Ur guarding the profane secrets of Red Mountain while Nerevar went to confer with the Grand Council [i.e., the Tribunal], that Nerevar died at the conference [not of his wounds, accodring to the Ashaldners, but from treachery], and that subsequently the Tribunal confronted a defiant Dagoth Ur within Red Mountain, then drove Dagoth Ur beneath Red Mountain when he would not yield to their will.

• veneration of the Daedra, Saints, and Ancestors
While challenging the divinity of the Tribunal, the Dissidents do not challenge the sainthood or heroism of the Tribunal. In fact, the Dissident Priests advocate restoring many of the lements of Fundamentalist Ancestor Worhsip as practiced by the Ashlanders and Saint Veloth. Exactly how this would work is debated inconclusively withing the Dissident Priests.

• denial of the prophecies of the Incarnate, and persecution of the Nerevarines
Though no consensus exists among the Dissidents about whether the Nerevarine prophecies are genuine, all agree that the persecution of the Nerevarines is unjust and politically motivated. The Dissident Priests do not reject mysticism, revelation, or prophecy as part of the religious experience. The Dissidents have not resolved the issue of true or false insights. They have studied the mysticism of the Ashlander Ancestor Cults, in particular the rites of the Ashlander seers and wise women, and the prophecies of the Incarnate. Many among the Dissident Priests have come to belive that the Nerevarine prophecies are genuine, and have made systamtic study of the prophecies recorded in Temple archives.

• Authority of the Archcanon and the Ordinators
The Dissident Priests reject the authority of the Archcanon and the Ordinators. The temple hierarchy has been corrupted by self0interest and politics, and no longer acts in the best interests of the Temple or its worshippers. The Dissident Priests belive the Archcanon and Ordinators speak for themselves, not for the Tribunal.

• the Inquisition and the use of terror and torture by the Ordinators.
Withing the Temple hierarchy it is an open secret that the Ordinators rely on abduction, terror, torture, and sevret imprisonment to discourage heresy and dissent. The Dissident Priests feel the Ordinators are either out of control, or tools used to maintain a corrup priesthood in power.

• fundamentals of Temple doctrine – charity for the poor, Education for the Ignorant, Protection for the Weak
Though the Dissident Priests acknowledge that most rank-and-file priests honor the best traditions of the Temple, they believe that many priests in higher ranks are interested more in love of authority and luxury than in the welfare of the poor, weak, and ignorant.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Now I have to report back to Caius. Fortunately my mark spell should still be active...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Caius.jpg

I have your report, and I'll make copies of your notes from Huleeya and the 'Progress of Truth.' Give me time to read and digest all this. In the meantime, I'm promoting you to Journeyman. You're doing good work. And here are 200 drakes. Go out and treat yourself to a new pair of shoes. And go do some jobs for the guilds, or other freelance work, just to keep your cover story current. Or get some training. Then, when you're fit and rested, come back, and I'll have new orders for you.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
BTW what happens if you tell the census agent that the Khajiit is in the sewer?

Chapter 9 – Balmora – Suran – Balmora

1.jpg

We are finally ready to level up.

2.jpg

We will sleep in Caius's bed since he told us we can.

3.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Another one of those damn dreams.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Time for more training and alchemy in mages guild.

6.jpg

First, we will spend our money training restoration.

7.jpg

And then we will make restore fatigue potions together with our favorite kitty.

8.jpg

Training in alchemy and restoration allowed us to level up again. This time we will invest in willpower instead of endurance (we would get only one point of endurance anyway).

9.jpg

It's time for another Fighters Guild job.

10.jpg

11.jpg

We don't know where the Suran is. But fortunately we can just take silt strider.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Now let's look for a club.

14.jpg

This looks like it.

15.jpg

16.jpg

We had to BRIBE her to get the money from here because we are horrible at speechcraft and we had no other way of making her pay.

17.jpg

Balmora is not that far away from Suran. I think we will go back on foot.

18.jpg

19.jpg

We can train our fighting skills on our way home.

20.jpg

21.jpg

It looks like we have some Manor here.

22.jpg

Let's see if they have anything to steal.

23.jpg

We've found expensive ring and belt.

24.jpg

There were also baskets and chest full of food. We've stolen all of it because we can make restore fatigue potions from food.

25.jpg

26.jpg

We got attacked by slaughterfish while we tried to get to different shore. They managed to beat us up a little but we are quite decent at restoration now and we can heal with spell.

27.jpg

We've spotted some ruins up ahead. Let's investigate.

28.jpg

Atronachs. We better prepare.

29.jpg

We will make some restore fatigue potions before charging into battle.

30.jpg

Frost Atronach. It's good thing we are completely immune to frost.

31.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Have at you!

32.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

DAMN! That hurts!

33.jpg

We heal ourselves and prepare for another round.

34.jpg

We killed it. But I've got a feeling those ruins may be beyond our skill right now.

1.jpg

We can see someone here. This person don't seem to be hostile.

2.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

It's good you are here. This place needs a witchunter. There are atronachs everywhere.

3.jpg

I think witchunter was busy because we didn't killed this fire atronach.

4.jpg

What a strange creature.

5.jpg

It hits quite hard.

6.jpg

But I think we got this.

7.jpg

Mostly thanks to our healing spell.

8.jpg

We will rest to regenerate our magicka.

9.jpg

We leveled up. Unfortunately it's horrible level up.

10.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Let's see what's inside.

11.jpg

Another person. This time its hostile.

12.jpg

We use Woad, just in case.

13.jpg

And then general slash-fest commences.

14.jpg

We are loosing, but we have healing spell.

15.jpg

16.jpg

This person had master's lockpick and master's probe. Useless to us but we can sell it.

17.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

O kurwa, diabeł!

FLEE!

18.jpg

Whatever that was, I'm not coming back.

19.jpg

Time to make our way to Balmora.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Sure, why not. Vivec is very close. Come with me.

22.jpg

It's really just a few steps from here.

23.jpg

We can see it from here.

24.jpg

25.jpg

Now, we will take silt strider from Vivec to Balmora.

26.jpg

And report our sucess to Eydis.

eydis.jpg

[Do you have the 200 septims Desele owes our client?/i]

Jaremasmall.jpg

Yes, here it is.

eydis.jpg

Good work, Jarema. Here's your share.

She gives us 100 gold coins.

eydis.jpg

I have a bounty contract for the Orc Dura gra-Bol. This Orc is an outlaw, living openly in a house here in Balmora. I have a contract here that says 250 septims are yours if you bring her to justice.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I'll take care of it.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

I have contract for your head. Prepare to die!

4.jpg

5.jpg

Wimp. We didn't even have to use healing spell.

6.jpg

Now we will loot her house clean.

7.jpg

There is locked chest.

8.jpg

But we know just the right spell for that.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Inside the chest was 75 gold coins and some cheap clothing.

11.jpg

Now we can report our success to Eydis.

12.jpg

eydis.jpg

I heard that Dura gra-Bol is dead. Here's your 250 septims. I don't have any more orders for anyone under the rank of Protector. The Guild Stewards at Vivec City, Sadrith Mora, or Ald'ruhn might have some work for you.

DraQ

Arcane
Hmm, not dissing sabres as the most :outrage: primary weapons possible, but a class named "Impaler" should have spears somewhere in its skillset.

Never quite understood how was the character development system supposed to work according to the designers. So is the general idea that you should pick suboptimal attribute increases when leveling up, or is the design revolving around what most MW players do, ie. abuse trainers for cheap skill increases until you get 3x5?
I think the general idea is to play the game without obsessing about "muh x5s!!!1".

Would have been better if skill increases were tracked in the background and applied only during est like in Daggerfall.

Monocause

Arcane
I think the general idea is to play the game without obsessing about "muh x5s!!!1".

Possibly. Although seems like no one plays this game like that. On the other hand, it makes for a logical difficulty curve:

At the beginning the game is quite easy. Then, after you level up a fair bit with suboptimal attributes, difficult enemies start showing up, ruining your shit - the difficulty curve is on the rise. But then there's plenty of things easy things you can do, easy quests to complete and easy dungeons you can find and loot so you level up more, gain skills, equipment etc while enemies don't scale that harshly anymore, so at some point the curve begins to drop as you pile up your crappy attribute enhancements on top of other progress.

Actually it makes sense, just that I find it very... counterintuitive still. But it only now occurred to me that the game might not have been designed with uber powerleveled "100s in everything" characters in mind. Come to think of it it probably doesn't even screw mages over as some claim as if you're playing a full mage you're pretty much expected to play an Altmer or a Breton, or pick an appropriate birthsign or both. If you don't then you're pretty much gimping yourself; if you do, your magicka reservoirs should be enough for whatever you're doing and you should be relying heavily on enchants anyway.

The system is still clunky, inelegant and counterintuitive but at least I rest easy knowing that the designers weren't crackheads putting this together two days before release!

DraQ

Arcane
Derpxture replacers are still in, unfortunately, and making Balmora look like plastered with dried shit, among other things.

I will look into this mod. If any of you have other mods suggestions I'm all ears.
As it is I would go report someone tried to stab you in your sleep to the cops.

It looks like the first run, so I'd probably keep it vanilla, just patches and MCP.

Edit:
Ok, looks like they are gone in the last update(s).
:incline:
Now either set up very conservative distant land or switch vanilla shaders back on for purty water.
Edit 2:
Ok, that's fixed too.

Last edited:

DraQ

Arcane
Come to think of it it probably doesn't even screw mages over as some claim as if you're playing a full mage you're pretty much expected to play an Altmer or a Breton, or pick an appropriate birthsign or both. If you don't then you're pretty much gimping yourself; if you do, your magicka reservoirs should be enough for whatever you're doing and you should be relying heavily on enchants anyway.
Pretty much this. With right birthsign you can make an effective mage out of any race, and with right race you won't have to rely on birthsigns as much.

If you're a mage the worst thing is when your magicka pool is what limits the most powerful single spell you can cast and with smart spellcraft 150 per pop should be sufficient for most, if not all circumstances.

The operative word here and the thing I've always loved about MW magic is "smart spellcraft" as it's the dividing line between pwning at 150 and running dry on magicka even when full at 450.

The system is still clunky, inelegant and counterintuitive but at least I rest easy knowing that the designers weren't crackheads putting this together two days before release!
Nah, I think it's pretty intuitive, just not powergamer-proofed in the least.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
REMOVE TALOS remove talos
you are worst nord. you are the nord idiot you are the nord smell. return to skyrim. to our falmer cousins you may come our contry. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,tiber septim we will never forgeve you. ysgramor rascal FUck but fuck asshole nord stink alinor ae padhome altadoon altadoon..saarthal genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead nord..ahahahahahTIBER SEPTIM WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget red moutnain .lorkhae we kill the king , ysmir return to your precious atmora….hahahahaha idiot nord and nede smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE MAN FROM THE PATTERN. you will get caught.almsivi+alinor+falmer+pydonae=kill cyrodiil…you will sharmat/ nerevar alive in vvardenfel, nerevar making album of vvardenfel . fast rap nerevar vvardenfel. we are rich and have ebony now hahahaha ha because of nerevar… you are ppoor stink nord… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

nerevar alive numbr one #1 in vvardenfel ….fuck the nedes ,..FUCKk ashol nords no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur flag and contry. nerevar aliv and real strong wizard kill all the nord farm aminal with destruction magic now we the sons of veloth rule .ape of the zoo emperor reman fukc the slut alesh and lay egg this egg hatch and cyrodiil wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. morrowind greattst countrey

Chapter 10 - Ashlanders

1.jpg

Latest encounters at mysterious ruins proved that Jarema has to man up a little. We need more levels and more training. Which means we will have to brew potions for couple of weeks.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Ok. We gained two levels and improved our heavy armor and long blade skills. It has to be enough for now. Time to ask Caius Cosades for new orders.

5.jpg

Caius.jpg

Are you here to discuss your orders, Jarema? Or is there something else you want?

Jaremasmall.jpg

I'm ready for new orders.

Caius.jpg

We need an Ashlander informant. I have heard of a fellow in Ald'ruhn named Hassour Zainsubani, an Ashlander who left the Wastes to become a wealthy trader. I'm not sure where to find him, but I'd try the Ald Skar Inn in Ald'ruhn first. That's a more respectable place than The Rat in the Pot or the Council Club. They say the Ashlanders like to give and receive presents. Take these 100 drakes. Find out what Zainsubani likes, and get him a gift. Then give him the gift, and see if he will tell you about the Ashlanders and the Nerevarine cult. Then report back to me.

6.jpg

We will cast Mark spell near Caius and we are on our way.

7.jpg

8.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

So, that's how House Redoran towns look like.

9.jpg

louis.jpg

Oh... um... hello... hi... that is... nice to know... um..meet you, Jarema. For a second I...I though you were the courier... with a...a message... that is, with word of...um, my airship. Wait! Is... is that it? Up... there, in the sky... there! Oh... no, it's just a... um... a cliff racer. Ummm... ahhh...yes...ahem...

Jaremasmall.jpg

What the fuck are you blabbering about?

louis.jpg

I... built an airship, you see, Quite a... quite a... um... beautiful craft, if I may be so... bold. Some scavenged Dwemer equip... um... parts, a few, you know... ah... long-lasting levitation spells. Very clever... a capital idea, I know! Even hired a gang of... well, a crew I guess you'd call them. They were to fly far... to the north! Away from all this dust... to Solstheim! I paid them... paid them rather well. They were to locate Hrothmund's Barrow, and find a certain...um...item. Grothmund's Barrow is a grave... well... crypt. It is said to lie... that is, the barrow is at the eye... of the wolf. There's a formation, you see. Rock...ice...that sort of thing. Shaped like a wolf... the wolf that killed Hrothmund! He's said to be um... entombed... at the wolf's eye. It's only visible from the sky... or, well...an airship. That's why I... built it. Build the airship, hire the crew, they find the barrow and recover the amulet. Then they bring it to me! Perfect plan, I though...

Jaremasmall.jpg

Recover the amulet?

louis.jpg

They were to recover... that is, bring me a special amulet. According to stories... legends and such... Hrothmund was quite the... well... he had plenty of lady friends! He was ugly, too... ugly as a troll! But he had a magic trinket... he wore it. The Amulet of Infectious Charm, it was called. By... all records... he was buried with it. That's why I built the airship... hired the crew. I just... I must have that amulet, Jarema. But... there's been no word. I worry... I fear the crew has failed me. Did they fly off course? Or maybe... maybe they found the amulet, and... and flew away! To meet women! No fair maiden could resist a man with the... the Amulet of Infectious Charm... in an airship, no les! Say... Jarema... I... I don't suppose you're... welll... for hire? I would pay you... greatly... to find my airship. I'd need proof of what happened to it, of course! Evidence, as it were... just... just to be sure. And... of course... to bring me the... the amulet! I NEED that amulet.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I don't have time to go to Soltsheim right now.

louis.jpg

Oh. Oh... I see. Well, um, yes... well. If you change your mind... that is, if you reconsider my offer... please... please come back and we'll talk ... you know, I'll... well. Right...

Jaremasmall.jpg

What a strange person.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Redoran guards look quire different than guards from House Hlaalu in Balmora.

3.jpg

Caius told me to look for our Ashlander in this Inn.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

ashlander.jpg

I am Hassour Zainsubani, Jarema. May you bless and be blessed. I do not wish to be rude, but if you have business, speak it, for I am at leisure, and would prefere to be alone with my thoughts.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I wish to learn of Ashlanders from you.

ashlander.jpg

[Intelligence] I see. You wish to learn of Ashlanders from me. And what is it that you wish to learn?

Jaremasmall.jpg

What are their gift-giving customs?

ashlander.jpg

A curious question. A gift is a sign of courtesy among strangers, and affection among friends. Among strangers, a thoughtul gift is a sign that you are cautious, and considerate, and aware of the other's wants and needs. Such is particularly useful for traders and travelers. Among friends, it is a prive thing, and subtle, with great risks, for the test of the gift is how well it is tailored to the receiver.

Jaremasmall.jpg

A thoughtful gift?

ashlander.jpg

Yes. A gift that shows you have taken the care to learn something of the receiver. For example, I love poetry. No stranger could be expected to know this, but a book of poetry given to me by a stranger shows the giver respects me, and has made a special effort to know and please me. But now, I have answered your question, and would like some time to myself. If you will excuse me?

Jaremasmall.jpg

Looks like I have to fiend a poetry book for this guy.

1.jpg

Let's find a bookstore.

2.jpg

3.jpg

I think that Ashland Hymns may satisfy our former ashlander. We bought it for 34 gold coins.

4.jpg

Now, let's give it to him.

5.jpg

ashlander.jpg

This is a gift for me? I am amazed. A copy of "Ashland Hymns"? Simple sentiments, simply stated. I gratefully accept your gift. My people have never loved the written word, and I lament their ignorant scorn for such common yet potent magic. I thank you, and I honor your courtesy, Jarema. It would please me to return your courtesy by answering your questions. What would you wish to know about the Ashalnders and the Nerevarine cult?

Jaremasmall.jpg

What can you tell me about Ashlanders?

ashlander.jpg

There is too much to tell. Here. Take these notes. I've written here what you should know about the Ashalnders and the Nerevarine cult. But most of all, if you are visiting a camp, there are things you should know about courtesy and challenges among the Ashlanders. And, since you ask about the Nerevarine cult, perhaps you'll be interested in my views on the Ashlanders and foreigners, because a guilding passion of the Nerevarine cult is their hatred for foreigners.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Can you tell me something about Nerevarine cult?

ashlander.jpg

They worship the Great Askhan and Hortator, Nerevar Moon-and-Star, who in ages past destroyed the evil, godless dwarves and banished the treacherous Dagoth Ur and his foul hosts beneath Red Mountain. The cult is of small consequences in Ashlander worship, and only among the Urshilaku do its followers have any influence. Other Ashalnders tribes share the sentiments of the cult, but regard the Nerevarine prophecies with suspicion and skepticism.

Jaremasmall.jpg

So, what is the main Ashlander worship?

ashlander.jpg

All Ashlanders in a tribe, young and small, are born into the Ancestor cult of their clan. The Nerevarine cult is a different, though; it is very small cult, with only a few wise women with the gift of prophecy, and a few holy warrior-heroes who guard and protect the seers. Sul-Matuul, Ashkhan of the Urshilaku, is the Warrior-Protector of the cult, and Nibani Maesa, also of the Urshilaku, is the Orcale-Seer of the cult.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Who are the Urshilaku?

ashlander.jpg

The Urshilaku are the Ashalnders of the northern Ashlands and the West Gash, in the northwest of Vvardenfell. Askhan Sul-Matuul is their chief, a brave and respected war leader, and Warrior-Protector of the Nerevarine cult. The Urshilaku camp moves with the herds, but usually lies close to the Sea of Ghosts.

Jaremasmall.jpg

You said earlier something about courtesy and challenges.

ashlander.jpg

Ashlanders may challenge a stranger who enter a yurt without invitation. Customs differ with different tribes, but leave when requested, and you may be forgiven. Be particularly careful about askhans – tribal chiefs – and wise women – tribal seers and counselors. Some are welcoming, some are hostile. Be courteous, and leave if requested. If offended, they may attack. When challenged for sport, it is acceptable to decline. When challenged for honor, it is shameful to decline. Honor challenges come from offense given in speech or action , or may represent customary formal challenges of status or ritual.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Thank you for your time. I'll be going now.

1.jpg

Eydis Fire-Eye told us to look for work in Ald'ruhn's fighters guild so let's pay them a visit.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Fighter's Guild blacksmith has steel saber for sale. We will buy it since it's better than our iron one.

5.jpg

And it looks cooler.

6.jpg

7.jpg

This is where Vas is. Maybe we will take care of this quest later. Right now let's teleport back to Caius.

8.jpg

Caius.jpg

Thanks for your report. But keep Zainsubani's notes on the Ashlanders. You'll need them. I'm promoting you, and sending you to the Urshilaku camp to speak with Sul-Matuul and Nibani Maesa. But before you go, I think it may be time to tell you what's going on.

The Emperor and his advisors think you have the appearance of meeting the conditions of the Nervarine prophecies. That's why you were pulled out of prison on his Majesty's authority and sent to me. So you could satisfy the conditions of the Nerevarine prophecies and become the Nerevarine. Here. Take this decoded copy of the coded package you have me when you arrived. Reat it later. It should explain everything. As you'll see in the decoded message, the Emperor and his couselors say you have the 'appearance' of satisfying the conditions of the prophecy. Do you REALLY satisfy the prophecy? Are you REALLY the prophesied Nerevarine? At first, I though we were just supposed to create a persuasive impostor. Now I don't know what to think. But I am sure of one thing. This is not just primitive superstition, and we will treat it seriously, just as his Majesty commands.

So, Zainsubani says Sul-Matuul and Nibani Maesa at Urshilaku camp are the heads of the Nerevarine cult. So I'm sending you to speak with them. Tell them your story, and have them test you against the Nerevarine prophecies. As heads of the Nervarine cult, they can best judge wheter you satisfy the prophecies. When you've spoken with them, report back to me. Here's 200 drakes for expenses. And pick up essential supplies at Fort Moonmoth. See Somutis Vunnis and Crulius Pontanian. I've asked them to put aside some potions and scrolls for you. Courtesy of the Emperor. In particular, you'll want the cure potions; I hear the blight is very bad up north. And use the Divine Intervention scroll if you find you're over your head. It will get you safe to an Imperial cult shrine, where you can heal, refit, and try again.

1.jpg

Well, it's a long road. We will take silt strider to Ald'ruhn and we will go on foor from there.

2.jpg

But first let's get our supplies from fort Moonmoth.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

What a strange person.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

Thank you very much.

9.jpg

Now we can take Silt strider now.

10.jpg

11.jpg

We will start our journey in the morning since it's too dark right now.

12.jpg

Aaand, we have a sand storm. We will start tomorrow.

13.jpg

Ok, weather is perfect we can get going.

14.jpg

15.jpg

Die, beast!

16.jpg

We can see ghost fence from here. We better keep as far from red mountain as we can.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Because red mountain means blighted creatures.

19.jpg

And blighted creatures gon fuck us up.

king%2520of%2520worms.jpg

Not again...

20.jpg

Let's just run away from this bastard.

21.jpg

There are cliff racers all over the place and I'm getting tired of killing them.

22.jpg

But we still have long way ahead od us so I better get used to it.

1.jpg

We've found another Redoran-looking town.

2.jpg

They even have silt strider.

3.jpg

It's Maar Gan. We will mark it on our map and continue our way.

4.jpg

5.jpg

We are getting closer to Urshilaku camp.

6.jpg

And corpses of cliff racers marks our trail.

7.jpg

Level up. We invest in STR, END and INT, as always.

8.jpg

More mysterious ruins. I learned my lesson in Ald Sotha so I will try to keep my distance from them.

9.jpg

Unfortunately weird creature noticed us. It looks dangerous and cast spells so we RUN!

10.jpg

SHEEEEEEIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!

11.jpg

Well, we've found Urshilaku camp.

12.jpg

But they are not interested in helping us fight this wierd creature.

13.jpg

We have to do it on our own.

14.jpg

Fucker was tough as nails but didn't do any damage to us.

15.jpg

We will take it's heart.

16.jpg

Now we can finally look around Urshilaku camp.

1.jpg

Locals are not particularly welcoming.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Entering Askhan's yurt now may be bad idea. I better speak with Urshilaku wisewoman first.

5.jpg

nibani.jpg

You are in the wrong place, outlander. Leave now.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I've been having a weird dreams lately and I've been told that Ashlander's wisewoman are experts when it comes to dreams

nibani.jpg

These dreams are the tricks of Dagoth Ut. He speaks to you, but you must resists. He bends his power to compel you, but you must resist. You are in danger, but your heart is wise. Heed your heart. Do not hear the voice of the Sharmat, for it will drive you mad.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I wanted to ask you about Nerevar and Nerevarine prophecies.

nibani.jpg

This is not a matter for idle talk with strangers. Why should I trust you, outlander?

Jaremasmall.jpg

Maybe a little gift would change your mind...

nibani.jpg

You want to offer me a gift? Good. I man not proud. I like gold. This is the custom you outrlanders call a 'bribe', yes?

We gave her 300 gold coins.

nibani.jpg

In ancient days, the Deep Elves and a great host of outrlanders from the West came stealing the land of the Dunmer. In that time, Nerevar was the great khan and warleader of the House People, but he honored the Ancient Spirits and the Tribal law, and became as one of us. So, when Nerevar pledged upon his great Ring of the Ancestors, One-Clan-Under-Moon-and-Star, to honor the ways of the Spirits and rights of the Land, all the Tribes joined the House People fithing a great battle at Red Mountain. Though many Dunmer, Tribesman and Houseman, died at Red Mountain, the Dwemer were defeated and their evil magicks destroyed, and the outlanders driven from the land. But after this great victory, the power-hungry khans of the Great Houses slew Nerevar in secret, set themselves up as gods, and forgot Nerevar's promises to the Tribes. But Nerevar will come again and cast down the false gods, and by the power of his ring will make good his promises, honor the Spirits, and drive the outsiders from the land.

Jaremasmall.jpg

What can you tell me about Red Mountain?

nibani.jpg

Red Mountain is the great mountain of fire in the ceter of Vvardenfell. The outer slopes are steep and rugged, and the crater is deep and filled with burning rock. Beasts and servant of the Devil Dagoth Ur live on Red Mountain. The settlef people built a magical barrier called Ghostfence to keep the evils inside. Within the Ghostfence, rain never falls and the sun never shines; the only weather is the red and deadly ash-blight.

Jaremasmall.jpg

Who is Dagoth Ur?

nibani.jpg

Dagoth Ur is the Devil and the Enemy. Dagoth Ur and his beasts and servants are the source of many evils that beset the Dunmer and Morrowind. Dagoth Ur dwells in fiery caverns beneath Red Mountain, served by his kin, called ash vampires, and by legions of deformed monsters.

Jaremasmall.jpg

I would like to speak with you about Nerevarine prophecies.

nibani.jpg

What does an outlander have to say to an Urshilaku of the Nerevarine prophecy?

Jaremasmall.jpg

I fulfill the Nerevarine prophecies, and wish to speak to Sul-Matuul and Nibani Maesa (!)

nibani.jpg

I do not believe what I am hearing. You think you are the Nerevarine, and you wish to speak to Sul-Matuul and Nibani Maesa (!). You do not look like the Nerevarine. But you do not speak like a fool, or madman. This is a puzzle. I tell you... go speak with Zabamund in his yurt. He is a gulakhan, Sul-Matuul's champion, and he will decide what is right. If Zabamund gives you permission, then you may enter the Askhan's Yurt and speak with Sul-Matuul.

DraQ

Arcane
We had to BRIBE her to get the money from here because we are horrible at speechcraft and we had no other way of making her pay.
It looks like you have paid her around 400 drakes to get her to give up, what, 200?
At which point she probably decided that she has already more than broke even and just "paid up" in case stupid was infectious.
:troll:
That doesn't seem like sustainable business model.

Brotip: MW quests are goal oriented - it doesn't really matter how you got 200 Eydis wanted, hell, at this point it would have been less costly if you just paid up for Desele - losing 100 drakes isn't as bad as losing 300.

17.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

O kurwa, diabeł!

FLEE!
:bro:

PS. It would probably be better, for both the LP and gameplay itself, if you stopped grinding pots.

Last edited:
It looks like you have paid her around 400 drakes to get her to give up, what, 200?
At which point she probably decided that she has already more than broke even and just "paid up" in case stupid was infectious.
:troll:
That doesn't seem like sustainable business model.

Brotip: MW quests are goal oriented - it doesn't really matter how you got 200 Eydis wanted, hell, at this point it would have been less costly if you just paid up for Desele - losing 100 drakes isn't as bad as losing 300.

17.jpg

Jaremasmall.jpg

O kurwa, diabeł!

FLEE!
:bro:

PS. It would probably be better, for both the LP and gameplay itself, if you stopped grinding pots.

I didn't know I could just pay up Desele debt. I will keep that in mind if we get another "debt quest". And what do you mean by grinding pots?

DraQ

Arcane
I didn't know I could just pay up Desele debt. I will keep that in mind if we get another "debt quest".
Morrowind quests generally avoid needless scripting and forcing player's through hoops.
Even if they have some intermediate stages or journal entries, all that matters is usually just the end result - in this case 200 septims.
This means that pretty much no amount of lateral thinking or sequence breaking can break quests (there are few exceptions, there are also rare instances of quest not failing properly when its made unfinishable, but mostly you shouldn't ever experience anything like that), that they can flow pretty organically and that you can often circumvent fetch quests entirely if they involve non-unique items (like cash).

And what do you mean by grinding pots?
Bulk production of elixirs for the sole purpose of income and level ups.

It's boring in LP, it's bound to be boring in game as well, and it doesn't make for particularly healthy level progression either.
If you need cash and practice, go stab some bandits in a cave and take their stuff, find some pearls, steal valuable shit, etc.
It will be more interesting to play and more interesting to read about.

Also, moar write-up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom