Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Myth 3: The Wolf Age

Guise, what if I lowered difficulty just for this one level? :codexisfor:

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah, if thats the way to progress with this LP, feel free to lower the difficulty.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
If it's true that devs doesn't tested highest difficult level then yes, do eet. I the name of cutten off limbs and flying flesh. In the name of the progress.

Mission 2: The Nest (Pussy mode)

1.jpg

Hai.

2.jpg

Nothing to see here, move along.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

We are about to stick our dicks in Myrkridia nest and we are a little bit low on numbers to be honest. Trolololol'ing and kiting with Connacht does not work here and we have quite a long way before we reach Nest itself. You can beat this level on Legendary but I'm simply not good enough to do it, sorry. I will change difficulty back to highest after this level. And then change it to Mighty again in "Bonds of Oghres" because FUCK THE NEST AND BONDS OF OGHRES. Thank you.

1.jpg

Our mission is to destroy Myrkridia nest and stop those bastards from breeding. But first we have to cross swamp while being constantly attacked by "the devils". Game gave us some peasants with torches to provide light for us. In-game "hints" say to keep them alive but I don't know why. We never had any problems with fighting Myrkridia in the darkness.

2.jpg

We have first Myrkridia patrol on our asses and I decided to put our hearthguards behind berserkers for some reason, that's a big mistake and we have to make some quick adjustments in our formation.

3.jpg

Fortunately we managed to make those fast enough.

4.jpg

We managed to throw 2 or 3 pointy sticks and now we have to charge with everything we got (including peasants with torches).

5.jpg

No casualties but one berserker is badly wounded. We have no means of healing him so we have to watch out from now on. We can't afford to lose more than one guy before we reach nest itself.

1.jpg

Now we have to prepare ourselves for more attacks.

2.jpg

There is small hill here which should give us some advantage over Myrkridia. Unfortunately it's harder to control your troops in Myth 3 than in two previous games so I pretty sure we will lose our advantage as soon as Myrkridia will get close.

3.jpg

Here they come, in thin long line. That's very good. Keep your fingers crossed...

4.jpg

One "devil" died before even reaching us. Unfortunately our soldier's "AI" kicked in and now I'm trying to stop berserkers from charging, it's too early for that.

5.jpg

There is no active pause so while I was trying to stop berserkers from charging straight into their deaths, our hearthguards went apeshit.

6.jpg

I don't even what the fuck is going on now.

7.jpg

'Zerks regrouped and now Hearthguard are fighting Myrkridia in melee, fucking great.

8.jpg

And we have our first casualty. Hearthguard died so that's accetable.

9.jpg

Only one "devil" survived and it's retreating. Unfortunately our 'zerks are quite beaten up. I will try to finish this mission with what we have. If I will be unable to do so, I will just redo swamp part off-camera (like I have a fucking camera, but whatever).

10.jpg

1.jpg

Let's continue our merry way.

2.jpg

I set game speed too high and didn't noticed that fleeing Myrkridia got it's shit together and decided to attack us. Fortunately it cut down before it did any damage to us.

3.jpg

Now we have at least one more Myrkridia attack to deal with.

4.jpg

Connacht aggro'ed them and they again attack in nice thin, long line.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Time for manly deeds but we can't afford to lose even one berserker...

7.jpg

Torch-peasants can go, fuck 'em.

8.jpg

Both of them.

9.jpg

Berserkers are alive though. Unfortunately they are quite wounded and I already can smell sweet stench of redoing this shit...

1.jpg

But there are some good news, we've finally found the lair.

2.jpg

Myrkridia are constantly patrolling this nest. On legendary there was simply too many "devils" here so I tried to avoid them entirely. But I think that we can kill those patrols on mighty...

3.jpg

It was quite a while since I last play this level and I don't remember if Myrkridia patrols will interfere in final fight of this level but I don't want to take any chances. We have to kill them.

4.jpg

FREEEDOM!

5.jpg

No dying berserkers though, plox k lol.

6.jpg

Patrol is dead but we are even more wounded so this was probably dumb, fucking idea but whatevs.

1.jpg

Yeah, we even went wrong way. It was dumb idea, now we have to backtrack.

2.jpg

Ok, here it is. Tower of skulls, centre of the nest.

3.jpg

There is myrkridia patrol behind us so I panicked and ordered everyone to charge.

4.jpg

5.jpg

CASULTEY!

6.jpg

Oh... hai.

7.jpg

J.C! TEH BOAMB!

8.jpg

BLAM! fukc me lief, we are all dead, game over. RELOAD!

1.jpg

Ok, now less panick and more shit choppin'.

2.jpg

We still need to hurry our silly asses because we are about o get futt bucked by myrkridia patrol.

3.jpg

4.jpg

All our berserkers are belong to myrkridia. We have only Connacht and one Hearthguard left.

5.jpg

DODGE!

6.jpg

Myrkridia giant missed with teh boamb.

7.jpg

And now Connacht have to run around while Rodolf the Hearthguard throws pointy shit at giant.

8.jpg

It will take a fucking while. So here's song about Gower's greatest hero - Young Ben of the Hill.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Die you ridiculous cunt!

13.jpg

Fucking finally...

14.jpg

15.jpg

Worm of the match - Rodolf the Hearthguard.

16.jpg

Let's not talk about this level, ever.

Legendary simply doubles amount of Myrkridia (including giants) so it's impossible for me to beat it on highest since my parents did not chose "Luck of the heroes" as a feat for me during character creation.

Nah, it's pretty stable game. It's just hard as motherfucker and you shouldn't try to beat it on Legendary unless you know what you are doing. I don't know what I'm doing but I'm Polish so it never stopped me before:

REMOVE MYRKRIDIA!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom