Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play Myth 3: The Wolf Age

Mission 3: Journey to Llancarfan

1.jpg

We can finally stop being faggots and put difficulty where it belongs (until Bond of Oghres).

2.jpg

"Connacht's leadership" my ass, you should thank fucking Rodolf the Hearthguard.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

And here we are, Soulblighta Damas and Connacht.

6.jpg

Also, Myrkridia.

7.jpg

Damas and Connacht choppin' shit. We can't interfere in this fight since we don't have control over our troops yet.

8.jpg

Said Damas.

9.jpg

Answered Connacht.

10.jpg

Haba is here with us. Heron Guards can live for fucking centuries so there is nothing wrong with him being here.

11.jpg

Mrowak is a different matter though. Well, he was too much of a badass during our Myth 2 LP so I can't pass on opportunity to have him again. He's our lucky charm basically.

12.jpg

Also, we have a warlock. He would be very useful during The Nest but nope, game decided to give him to us just now.

1.jpg

Everyone is in formation and we can star our journey.

2.jpg

3.jpg

Bridge and our good old friends on the other side.

4.jpg

In all their low-poly glory.

5.jpg

They have standard "guard the bridge" AI we know so well from previous Myth games so we have to aggro them first (with Connacht).

6.jpg

Dancing with soulless is douable even without active pause when there is only one guy dancing. There might be problems when they decide to switch targets though.

7.jpg

But we should be fine, unless we lose the Warlock of course...

8.jpg

9.jpg

Archer died, it was not Mrowak so no biggie.

10.jpg

SPLAT! now we have to prepare for Thralls.

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

Warlock killed... one Thrall. Fortunately he badly wounded quite a few so our archers should be able cover our asses while we retreat.

14.jpg

15.jpg

They are too slow and don't have any Ghol support so we can just keeep retreating while our Warlock's mana regenerates.

16.jpg

Aaand they are gone.

17.jpg

We can cross the bridge now but we have to watch out for Wights.

1.jpg

Wights are doing much better job at avoiding our archers than in previous Myth games, but we killed them.

2.jpg

3.jpg

There are Myrkridia in front of us. They are too fast for our warlock and archers to kill them all. We will have to hope that Heron Guards will be able to chop them fast enough to give us time to retreat before Thralls arrive.

2.jpg

We healed Damas a little and send our master-baiter to master-bait dem Myrk's.

3.jpg

They are coming. I think we have time for only one fireball and then we have to charge (Thralls are also hauling asses here).

4.jpg

CHARGE!

5.jpg

Shashity chop.

6.jpg

OWNED! and now we can retreat and just nuke Thralls with warlock.

7.jpg

Fuck. Ok, we are sending Connacht and few Heron Guards to deal with Soulless because we have army of Thralls on our asses and Nobody ain't got time for dat.

8.jpg

Meanwhile, Celal will nuke shit.

9.jpg

Warlocks are very nice in this game but their mana regenerates very slowly so I would actually prefere a dorf (or two, preferably two).

10.jpg

Soulless were tergeting Celal so they got gangbanged before they even had a chance to throw their sticks.

11.jpg

Celal is out of juice so we retreat.

12.jpg

... That fireball went off a little bit to close to our troops for comofort.

13.jpg

But we are fine. Ok, now general charge plox.

14.jpg

We could keep kiting but Emprah is waiting for us, and Emprah ain't waiting for no damn Thrall.

15.jpg

1.jpg

- Does anyone even know way to Llancarfan?
- Nah, let's just follow the road...

2.jpg

Lone fast unit approaches. This usually mean an ambush in Myth game, and I played a few...

3.jpg

Yup, reprise of last enemy attack. Unfortunately now Thralls and Myrks are coming from different direction.

4.jpg

HG and our two heroes will deal with Myrks while Mrowak's finests and Celal nuke thralls.

5.jpg

6.jpg

SPLAT!

7.jpg

Soulless are no surprise, but wights are...

8.jpg

But if everything goes well we won't have to fight wights. But we still have to deal with Soulless.

9.jpg

I decided to use flaming arrows...

10.jpg

And holy shit they are satisfiing.

11.jpg

Myth 3 lacks on SPLAT! factor, but it almost makes it up with it's cool FLAME!

12.jpg

Ok, now we just have to keep our archers near and Wights should leave us alone.

13.jpg

This myrk is way to late for the party.

14.jpg

Since archers are covering our asses, wights are keeping safe distance. We can finally cross last bridge.

15.jpg

- Woooo! SPRING BREAK!

16.jpg

This mission was so easy compared to the last two that it's not even funny.

Last edited:
Yup, I think that we won't loose any soldiers "forever" now so I can start recruiting Codexers into mah armies. So if anyone wants to be a specific unit, please post which one (they are pretty much the same as in previous games) and I will give you a chance to die horrible death. But don't expect me to keep track of your kills, that's pretty much immposible without "active pause" cheat-hacks in Myth 1 and 2.

JoKa

Cipher
Yahey, you're finally recruiting! I'm signing up as a Berserker to kite for great justice.

Yeah I remembered that we will never use any troops we used before after Connacht reaches Llancarfan, cut's his hairs and decides to serve the Emprah so I decided to wait with recruitment until after "Journey" mission. I think that even though we will use berserkers, they won't be same guys who served Connacht "Barbarian" (not that it matters, they are all fucking dead anyway).

grudgebringer

That was too easy, heh. Signing up beforehand as one of the dwarves!

It looks like we have quite a lot of dorf candidates. It's good that dorfs come in two varieties in this game - Shit chuckin' and shit choppin' (game take place before fall of Myrgrad... I think).

Mission 4: The Pack-Mage

I knew cutsceenes in this game sucked but... damn.

Briefings are still cool though.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Kill the Pack-Mage Myrdred said. He's too dangerous Myrdred said. But where is Myrdred? Sure as fuck not with us here killing this thing...

4.jpg

But we have Imperator.

5.jpg

Storyfag the Warlock.

6.jpg

Bunch of nameless Warriors because nobody wanted to be one. I'm not very surprised.

7.jpg

Mrowak and Momma. Haba is not with us for some reason but he'll be back.

1.jpg

Standard Myth CYOA. THERE ARE SOULLES ON A HILL. WHAT'CHYA DO?

2.jpg

Normally we would flip to page that says about brave berserker kiting soulless. But we ain't got any (berserkers, and pages) so we send one warrior because fuck him.

3.jpg

DANS FOR ZE EMPRAH!

4.jpg

And then we send archers to kill soulless.

5.jpg

Unfortunately one soulless switched target and bowman got wounded. Normally no fucks (or mandrake roots) would be given...

6.jpg

But that's Momma so we will heal him.

7.jpg

Bad Momma! You are lucky Imperator got 3 mandrake roots so we can spare one.

1.jpg

We are back in a pretty formation so we can start looking for pack mage.

2.jpg

There are more groups of Soulless standing on a hill. And we won't be able to avoid this particular group. So, same tactic.

3.jpg

Fortunately it's going much better this time.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

And we will try to avoid fighting rest of those fuckers to safe us mandrake roots (we've got 5 left).

1.jpg

Ok, we've got real enemy coming. Celal and Storyfag will have to do their magic.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

SPLAT!

5.jpg

And now Soulless are flanking us. I seriously suck at kiting in this game so I'm just sending Imperator to bum-rush them.

6.jpg

Meanwhile Warriors will clean-up mess Storyfag made.

7.jpg

Imperator will catch couple javelins in the face but he can take it and our archers can't.

8.jpg

More soulless. Fortunately our warriors are finished and we can move towards Imperator (and then send him to bum-rush more soulless).

9.jpg

We've got wights on the loose now but Mrowak and Momma will be able to deal with it.

10.jpg

:yeah:

11.jpg

Meanwhile, Imperator have to, again, pay the price of lack of active pause to help me dancing.

12.jpg

But we are fine now. We have one badly wounded bowman but everyone is in good condition so we can continue our journey after we kill remaining wights.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ok, we can continue looking for our pack mage.

3.jpg

We reached nice defensive hill with some squishy Thralls on the other side. Those trees are worrying me slightly though.

4.jpg

But that's too much of a hill advantage to abandon it because of hill.

5.jpg

Also I noticed that Storyfag doesn't have a hat.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Trees lowered damage our Warlocks done a little bit but warriors can clean up remaning thralls.

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Soulless. We wil give Imperator a break and send few warriors with bowman support at them.

1.jpg

2.jpg

One manage to run away but our archers will fuck him up if he tries anything funny.

3.jpg

River crossing. It's a Myth game so IT'S NOT A TRAP FOR SURE.

4.jpg

No sire-e.

5.jpg

6.jpg

HOLY FUCK IT'S A TRAP!

7.jpg

Charging through river crossing to lure monstars would be normally a berserker job, but we ain't got any. But it seems that our warriors (who recieved no love from you at all) are good enough to do it also.

8.jpg

Awwww jesus...

9.jpg

Archers are too slow to turn around and kill Wight. Save us Storyfag, you are our only hope.

10.jpg

Hey, it wasn't that bad. Only one archers got hit by wight piece.

11.jpg

He may be a Witcher but he's no codexer so no mandrake root for him.

12.jpg

Ok, those bastard have Myrkridia with them so we have to use HG to lure them.

13.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Myrkridia started howling and decided not to join Thrall charge.

3.jpg

So we could use a warrior but whatever.

4.jpg

Say hello to our little warlocks!

5.jpg

6.jpg

Ok, they are done.

7.jpg

But Myrkridia fled. Let's go look for it.

8.jpg

Here it is...

9.jpg

Together with a pack-mage.

10.jpg

What the... No animation, no nothing. Thralls just "appeared".

11.jpg

And some Myrkridia hunters are also coming.

12.jpg

RETREAT!

13.jpg

I oredered our melee units to attack Myrk hunters hoping that we will get a lot of free shots in this clusterfuck of pathfinding.

14.jpg

And we did. Now we can just nuke thralls with Warlocks.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Ok, now we need to have a talk with this pack mage dude...

17.jpg

That's not even cool, dude...

18.jpg

Awww, fuck you!

19.jpg

But bastard go sniped!

20.jpg

And we are victorious!

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I have difficulties following the plot. Maybe because I couldn't watch the cutscene at work. Why does the Emprah boss Connacht around? Isn't Gower independant of Llancfaran? And what's the deal with cutting his hair?

I have difficulties following the plot. Maybe because I couldn't watch the cutscene at work. Why does the Emprah boss Connacht around? Isn't Gower independant of Llancfaran? And what's the deal with cutting his hair?

Gower is independent but Connacht promised to teach Cath Bruig soldiers fight Myrkridia if Emperor promise him to help Gower if it ever get's attacked by Moagim. Emperor accepted his offer but also demanded Connacht to cut his hairs and beard (he didn't want his general to look like barbarian yahoo).

Mission 5: Flight from the Dark

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

And then there was long description of complete failure and slaughter of Empire's army. Text was too small and went too fast so I can't show it to you. You have to watch it in youtube link I provided.

4.jpg

Yup, we got shafted by Bal'al and then butt fucked by Trows, now we have to get the hell out of here alive.

5.jpg

At least all the Codexers survived. Storyfag, Momma, Mrowak, Imperator (even Haba is back).

6.jpg

Oh - Azira, Roxor - Welcome to your first day in Empire's army... NOW RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

1.jpg

We have to flee from incoming Trows AND then destroy southern Arch to stop them from destroying rest of Connacht's army.

2.jpg

Also, Storyfag has a hat.

3.jpg

Our only way out of here is blocked by thralls and soulless. Normally they wouldn't be much of a threat but...

4.jpg

... We ain't got time for that. We have to fucking hurry.

5.jpg

We can't use proven tactic of kiting the shit out of AI, but we still have to be crafty motherfuckers.

6.jpg

I decided that Celal and Storyfag will take care of Soulless on our left while our warriors and HG will charge THROUGH thralls.

7.jpg

And get their attention long enough for Warlocks and Bowmen to deal with Soulless on our right.

8.jpg

Which sort of a worked.

9.jpg

I put HG and warriors in same unit (I never do that) and speed difference saved our Warriors. Thralls are chasing HG instead slashing warriors who are casually strolling right next to them.

10.jpg

Meanwhile - SPLAT!

11.jpg

Now, HG will turn around to save Warlocks and Bowmen from soulless (and maybe get some heat of our warriors).

12.jpg

13.jpg

Nope, warriors are shit out of luck. But they should be able to deal with few Thralls.

14.jpg

While HG do Safety Dance to protect bowmen.

15.jpg

It all went better than expected. We have only one seriously wounded guy and it's some nameless archer so fuck him. LET'S KEEP RUNNING!

1.jpg

NEW UNITS RECIEVED!

2.jpg

Now, we have to join up with them.

3.jpg

Which means more charging through thralls.

4.jpg

5.jpg

That must be good enough because we don't have time to kill more Thralls.

6.jpg

Bowmen and Warlocks are very slow so our Warriors and HG will clean the road for them and join up with our reinforcements.

7.jpg

And now we have to start slaloming through undead.

8.jpg

I'v got a feeling our archers won't be able to pick off all the wights in time.

9.jpg

While I'm trying to get our bowmen in position to shoot wights - Warlocks are doing occasional "Parthian shoots" just in case Thralls will catch up with us somehow.

10.jpg

Ok, we've got to go through them...

11.jpg

12.jpg

Now I realised there is no fucking way for our archers to kill all the wights so we have to sacrifice one HG - Two Stalking Night Moons.

13.jpg

He is HG afterall, he can survive one wight explosion.

14.jpg

Unfortunately, behind us two warriors got isolated and chopped to pieces by Thralls. One of them was Roxor.

15.jpg

But it looks like rest of Codexers have decet shot at surviving this now.

16.jpg

Another Wight. Two Stalking Night Moons will deal with him...

17.jpg

Wight refused to detonate itself so our An Hero had to chop him to piec...

18.jpg

...SPLAT! Holy shit he didn't survived that one!

19.jpg

No siree! he didn't. Ok, now everyone must get through the arch.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

Our warlocks already recieved order to blow this shit up so rest better hurry.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Couple Thralls managed to squize through but I think connacht will be able to deal with them...

26.jpg

Nice and short mission... too bad about Roxor though.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
For some reason, Flight from the Dark is the worst mission for me. Couldn't cheese it to do a flawless victory, no matter what.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom