Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Myth: The Fallen Lords

There is mod for Myth that let's you play campaign on Fallen Lords side, never tried it though.... yet. I'm just starting to re-do this mission with a little bit more intelligent approach. Mad dash seems like a logical way of doing this mission but it's unfortunately not (even though I think that in Myth cannon Watcher was killed by hundred berserkers 'zerk rushing his petrified ass). Either my memory of Fallen Lords is hazier than I thought or Legendary difficulty seriously fucks with the game, I absolutely don't remember Mazzarin being in this mission. I know there is a way to avoid fighting first Shade, but I don't see a way to avoid Mazzarin... well shit, I'm going to try and you are going to suffer because I decided to necro some of you because you make spiffy sprinters. I just have to think of some cheesy soundtrack and silly way to play with Watcher's name, unfortunately I already used Baywatch...

The Watcher

The Watcher
Thursday June 25, Near the Watcher's camp.

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

This is third wave. First one (in which we did not participate) was disaster, second one got quite far, captainawesome actually could se Watcher a moment before he got killed by Soulless spear. Hopefully this wave will do better.

1.jpg

Same mission, slightly different squad. Draq and Storyfag somehow managed to crawl their way back to our camp after failure of last attack and are joined now by asongforsimeon, zdzisiu, cassidy and serratedbiz.

2.jpg

First thrall ambush.

3.jpg

Asongforsimeon and Zdzisiu got one kill each but most of the chopping were done be expendable non-codexia berserkers because codexers needs to be in prime condition to finish the Watcher.

4.jpg

We are near the place were previous group landed. But we are going to continue going through swamp.

5.jpg

Another ambush. One thrall scored a hit on zdzisu but was cut down quickly.

6.jpg

We try to keep codexers in good condition but it's not like they are going to sit down and do nothing. Zdzisiu scored his third kill (fucking kill stealer...)

7.jpg

Land Ho! and it seems that Shade didn't spotted us...

8.jpg

Nope, he spotted us. We need to make to the other side of this small river ASAP. Shade are somtimes described in online guides as "slow", bullshit, they are fast, only slightly slower than berserkers.

9.jpg

Not so close to each other for gods sake!

10.jpg

One dispersal dream and we are all dead.

11.jpg

But he didn't cast it, and we made it to some small island. Shades can't cross water and he's stuck on his side.

12.jpg

But ghols can swim. I ordered few expendables to catch some wight pieces but this fight soon turned into uncontrolable cluserfuck.

13.jpg

Mostly because it is edge of the map and I can't see shit.

14.jpg

Ghols managed to kill two berserkers before they went down. All codexers are alive though.

15.jpg

Shade tries to follow us so we put Tyrvard to seduce him.

16.jpg

It works. Shade is completely astonished by Tyrvard and lost interest in rest of our berserkers.

17.jpg

Ok, we are on the other side of the river. Charming place but I have no idea what to do now. Draq is the leader now and he says that it will be best to keep marching south-east but cautiosly this time.

18.jpg

We were moving from island to island until we spotted large group of Ghols.

19.jpg

And Soulless. This island is too small to fight Soulless on it. We must fall back.

20.jpg

We got ambushed by Ghols during our retreat and now everyone must fight, codexer or not.

21.jpg

22.jpg

Ghols died but we must keep dragging Soulless away from water.

23.jpg

I thought this is far enough from water (it wasn't) and ordered attack.

24.jpg

Shit went wrong and we must send Codexers to help expendables because they drop like flies.

25.jpg

Then Soulless retreat into deep water and we had to fall back because we can't reach them there.

26.jpg

Another attack.

27.jpg

This time we managed to kill all soulless. But we are down to 9 berserkers (all codexers are still alive).

28.jpg

Then some random douchebag Ghol arrived and essploded one of our berserkers. I mean what the fuck, you can't just explode people like that. Ghols never attack large groups alone, and this one dude just comes here, and I was speechless. Then he pull out wight piece, throw it at Tyrvard and Tyrvard exploded and I was like "you can't do that!"

29.jpg

So Draq cut this bastard to pieces... This is, I mean... He was just standing there, Tyrvard, he was. And then this ape-thing just comes in and everybody is like "what the fuck he wants?" and then he throws something at Tyrvard and... I don't know, it happened so fast... it happened so fast, man.

30.jpg

Anyway, there is only eight of us now.

31.jpg

And we found Mazzarin, fucking great.

32.jpg

Another ghol. This one throws machete at Draq.

33.jpg

But he missed and got killed.

34.jpg

We put one berserker near shore to fuck with Mazzarin's head while rest tries to sneak past...

35.jpg

And it fucking worked!

36.jpg

The most interesting berserker in the world...

37.jpg

This ramp leads to the Watcher. But codexers needs to break through wall of Soulless first.

38.jpg

CHAAAARGE!

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

We killed them but this is not over yet...

42.jpg

Yeaaaah... and none of them will move. They will stand there and defend the Watcher. We can't do this, we don't have enough man. We SUPPOSED to get reinforcements but we didn't. We will go back to kill Shades to see if it will bring us reinforcements.

43.jpg

We went back to deal with Cormorant first.

44.jpg

45.jpg

He didn't even fight back.

46.jpg

Now it's Mazzarin's turn but he looks like he will fight back...

47.jpg

48.jpg

He killed Zdzisiu, but he could easily kill us all with one spell.

49.jpg

Mazzarin died and didn't drop any green gems. I think it means he couldn't cast any dispersal dreams. We wander a map a little bit after it and still didn't get any reinforcements so I decided to kill every Ghol on the map...

50.jpg

And then...

51.jpg

Corporate Jew Master brought three berserkers with him. This will certainly help but we could use more.

52.jpg

We killed every Ghol that was not defending Watcher petrified ass and we got more reinforcements!

53.jpg

Now we are talking! Draq ordered everyone to go near "wall of soulless".

54.jpg

And then split our force into two group. Glorious Codexians and Expendables. Zdzisiu is dead but Corporate Jew took his place so there is still 6 codexers with us, a force to be reckoned with. Now Draq orders general charge...

"A berserk at the Stair of Grief, having been told that the hosts of the Soulless were so many that their spears would hide the sun, is said to have replied 'Then we shall fight them in the shade.'"

-Berserk Flavor Text, Myth TFL

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

Artsy as fuck but look at them spears 'ma!

58.jpg

Oh shit...

59.jpg

Keep chopping!

60.jpg

61.jpg

From Codexers only Cassidy, Corporate Jew and Songforsimeon survived. But the soulless are dead.

62.jpg

Now we send expendables to deal with circle of Ghols.

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

Then we chop wall of thralls...

66.jpg

And finally, we order three remaning Codexers to attack Watcher at the same time. So we will never know which one shattered him...

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

And it's done. Second Fallen Lord to die at the hand of Legion during Great War.

debrief.jpg

Oh come on! We saw this picture after Across the Gjol mission! LAAAAMEEE.

River of Blood

River of Blood
Monday July 20, Outside Rhi'anon.

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

cut1.jpg

Balor himself, without his silly horned helmet.

1.jpg

Our mission is to fight our way into the city and take control of the bridge. We lead relatively small force but at least it's balanced. We got everything we need - Dwarfs, archers, zerks and even forest giants.

2.jpg

And three codexian survivors of last mission are still with us.

3.jpg

Way to the city is blocked by palisade, dwarfs will blow it up but first we need to scare off Myrmidons by shooting them with archers.

4.jpg

Now we order dwarfs to blow up palisade.

5.jpg

It may take some time...

6.jpg

It's done.

7.jpg

Now we assume defensive position and prepare to send one berserker to lure Myrmidons here.

8.jpg

Bram With Screaming Iron was has ben chosen as our master baiter.

9.jpg

COMMENCE TAUNTING!

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Ok, it worked.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

We order archers to fall back and berserkers to charge.

17.jpg

18.jpg

Who would have thought that Myrmidons are so sensitive.

19.jpg

Then we order dorfs to place minefield and send Bram to taunt some more.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

Unfortunately Myrmidons spotted our trap and retreated. We have to try again.

27.jpg

Then, after couple tries we managed to taunt them properly.

28.jpg

Dwarfs! wait for my signal!

29.jpg

Not yet!

30.jpg

Now!

31.jpg

BOOM!

32.jpg

Now berserkers can chop the rest to pieces.

33.jpg

34.jpg

Then we prepare treedudes to tank Trow.

35.jpg

And swarm him with berserkers.

36.jpg

37.jpg

He's dead and we can finally move into Trow city of Rhi'anon.

38.jpg

I think the bridge is directly north of us but we will send scout too see what's around us.

39.jpg

That doesn't look fun at all. We will ignore it for now.

40.jpg

This seems more managable.

41.jpg

We order our scout to fall back where rest of our forces is luring myrmidons there.

42.jpg

43.jpg

AFter shooting arrows and throwing few bombs at myrmies we order berserkers to attack.

44.jpg

45.jpg

Myrmidons fell quickly but they were not the only ones chasing our scout.

46.jpg

We send two berserkers to catch lightning bolts for the team while we prepare archers to shoot Fetches.

47.jpg

They survived first lightning bolts. One is getting close to his target but second one will probably get kicked by Trow.

48.jpg

Yup, dude got fucked up!

49.jpg

But our first berserker killed his Fetch!

50.jpg

But then got his brain kicked out by Trow! GLORIOUS!

51.jpg

Our archers killed remaning Fetch and we prepare tree-dawgs to deal with Trow.

52.jpg

Manly giants slapping the shit out of each other.

53.jpg

But our giants won and we can continue.

54.jpg

We reached eastern edge of the map. Cassidy (leader of this expedition) gives order to move north.

55.jpg

Lone Fetch approaches...

56.jpg

The Fetchest of Fetches.

57.jpg

But it died.

58.jpg

Are you shitting me, game?

59.jpg

Well, the game IS partially joking.

60.jpg

They were coming at us one by one. Sometimes groups of two but no more.

61.jpg

And archers just picked them off one after another.

62.jpg

Well, that was retarted. Let's continue...

63.jpg

We reached what seems to be river of blood. Then we make our way west.

64.jpg

We encountered Myrmidon patrol led by Fetch.

65.jpg

Archers managed to quickly kill Fetch and we can concentrate on Myrmidons.

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

And they are dead. There is another patrol behind us but they don't seem to be interested in fighting us so we ignore them.

69.jpg

We reached our target.

70.jpg

But bridge seems to be heavily guarded.

71.jpg

We slightly rotate our formation and send Bram to provoke guards to atack us.

72.jpg

73.jpg

Actually, let's prepare surprise for our guests first... Ok Bram, do your magic!

74.jpg

It didn't worked, so we decided to use more direct methods...

75.jpg

76.jpg

77.jpg

Arrows are sometimes sharper than words (even Bram's).

78.jpg

We order our master baiters to get the fuck out and then we shoot Fetches with archers.

79.jpg

Trow is also coming, but we are prepared for that. I man, forest giants are, we ain't getting anywhere near this motherfucker.

80.jpg

Archers killed Fetches and Tree-dawgs are slapping shit out of Trow.

81.jpg

82.jpg

Then they slapped second one.

83.jpg

And now Myrmidons attack so we fall back a little (good job at cooridinating your shit AI!).

84.jpg

85.jpg

KABOOOOM!

86.jpg

Then we mop up what is left.

87.jpg

88.jpg

Bridge is secure!

debrief.jpg

Only two berserkers died? :roll: Are you too good or is the game trolling you?

We took easiest way to the bridge and this mission unfortunately shows all limitations of Myth AI. Especially last fight at the bridge. AI was not supposed to be provoked that easily, and even then it should attack with full force. But it just send Fetches first, then Trows (one by one) and Myrmidons when it was already pretty much over. I don't remember Myth AI to be THAT retarted. I seriously start to wonder if Magma patch didn't screwed something up with AI...

Pools of Iron

Pools of Iron
Tuesday July 21, Rhi'anon.

brief1.jpg

brief2.jpg

brief3.jpg

1.jpg

We control Simon the Sorcerer Alric this time!

2.jpg

He's not pretty, but he can get the job done. In River of Blood briefing we heard that some lone berserker brought Alric small package and then refused to talk about it. We don't know what it was but we hope it's not another fucking head. Also, Alric decided to raise our morale by telling us that "Madrigal had fallen" and "ur houses got raped and ur wifes raised lol" what a dick!

3.jpg

But he's powerful dick so let's not provoke him. Some Myrmidons decided to attack us so let's show them it's stupid fucking idea to attack Alric.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Ok, let's look for World Knot. I think I know where it is...

8.jpg

More myrmidons.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Majestic!

12.jpg

Here is the knot!

13.jpg

Goddamit...

14.jpg

15.jpg

Myrmie Done! Ohohohohohoho...

16.jpg

Then we exploded another group and now we proceed to teleport our dudes...

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

I'm not saying anything, but this World Knot have broken pillar and shouldn't work...

20.jpg

Our dudes teleported... and there are no Codexers among them. You know what it means. Codexers are among 25 hundred men that going to sacrifice themselves.

21.jpg

Suddenly two large groups of myrmidons arrived.

22.jpg

We order archers to shoot and prepare berserkers for hand-to-hand combat.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

We defeated first group but second one is getting near. We order everyone to fall back.

26.jpg

And we use our last dispersal dream.

27.jpg

28.jpg

Two goddamn Trows. Dispersal dream would be useless against them anyway...

29.jpg

We shoot them a little and then kick fest begins...

30.jpg

31.jpg

Hey, it's not that bad actually!

32.jpg

We healed our wounded and now we can continue to look for Balor's fortress...

33.jpg

Hey look! Thralls. It was quite a while since we last saw them.

34.jpg

We send one berserker to fuck with their heads.

35.jpg

And then shoot them.

36.jpg

And chop if some got too close.

37.jpg

That's it. We can continue.

38.jpg

We send scouts to check if water is warm and they spotted more thralls.

39.jpg

And then process of shooting, retreating, shooting, retreating and chopping begins.

40.jpg

41.jpg

It's very complicated process...

42.jpg

A lot of chopping involved.

43.jpg

And shooting.

44.jpg

You probably wouldn't understand.

45.jpg

It's a Myth thing...

46.jpg

Well, it anyone hoped for a bridge he'll be dissapointed. We have to swim in blood.

47.jpg

debrief.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
We took easiest way to the bridge and this mission unfortunately shows all limitations of Myth AI. Especially last fight at the bridge. AI was not supposed to be provoked that easily, and even then it should attack with full force. But it just send Fetches first, then Trows (one by one) and Myrmidons when it was already pretty much over. I don't remember Myth AI to be THAT retarted. I seriously start to wonder if Magma patch didn't screwed something up with AI...
It would be cool if AI used fetches to zap your minefields or sent handful of ghols to try and dismantle them.

Or failing that sent their forces through in a formation that would minimize effectiveness of mines.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
So far I am enjoying this LP immensely. I even dusted off Myth 2 for old time's sake.

I'm glad you like it bros. It's really fun to make LP's, I actually didn't expect that making screenshot based let's plays will be so much fun. Too bad I decided to include characters named after codexers so late because it's actually manageable in Myth if there are only 5 or 6 of them in one mission. But there is still Myth 2... and 3... and Chimera... and mods.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Screenshot based LPs are the best. I vastly enjoy them to video based ones, not least because it's easier to walk away from a screenshot based one in mid-read and return later.
This is important when at work, or if your family is likely to interrupt at odd moments..

DraQ

Arcane
Screenshot based LPs are the best. I vastly enjoy them to video based ones, not least because it's easier to walk away from a screenshot based one in mid-read and return later.
This is important when at work, or if your family is likely to interrupt at odd moments..
:bro:

Video based LPs are only good if you need to show something so dynamic that screens just don't convey it.

Or if you're playing the game blind, have cam and microphone and the game is good at eliciting reactions (like "what the fuck just happened").

Oh god how I do love Myth. Why world, why are you so shitty?

Why can't I have more?

I feel your pain bro but let Myth series die in peace. No more Myth game please, Wolf Age wasn't the best ending to great video game series ever, but it also was far from being worst one. I'm good on Myth games now, thanks. But I wouldn't mind different game with similar gameplay though.

And thanks for comment, please post another one so we can move to new page and I can post update harhar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom