Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play: Neverwinter Nights 2 (and expansions)

Stasgard

Liturgist
Mysterious villians are mysterious.

Table of Contents
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 1 - Tutorial
Part 2 - West Harbor, part one
Part 3 - West Harbor, part two
Part 4 - Weeping Willow Inn and Fort Locke (or: The Dwarf and the Annoying Tiefling)
Part 5 - The Maiden's Glade
Part 6 - Highcliff
Part 7 - Shandra's Farm and Lizardfolk

So a while back when I first joined Ye Olde Codex I had a short lived Deus Ex LP that I abandoned like the disgusting subhuman scum I am. I’ve been feeling kind of bad about the whole issue and figured that I needed to do another LP to redeem my honour in the eyes of people on the internet who I shall never meet. And on that note…

NWN2.jpg

Neverwinter Nights 2 and it’s expansions. From what I gather there is basically a consensus on the Codex that the Original Campaign is nothing more than an irredeemable pile of shit, a sentiment I share entirely. I was never capable of getting more than a couple of hours in. But the expansions are a bit more polarizing. Mask of the Betrayer seems to either be another piece of crap, or an absolutely awesome game held back by the engine. I fall into the latter camp, and even take it the next step. As the New/Decline/Storyfag that I am Mask of the Betrayer is my favourite RPG and is most of the motivation for this LP. Storm of Zehir isn’t as divisive from my readings, although there are people on both sides. Some like it, other don’t; Volourn fucking hates it. I’ve never gotten around to it.

So my plan is to LP all three of them, each one likely taking on a different style of LP to suit the content of the game, and my feelings towards it. The Original Campaign shall get the snark treatment with me deriding it, it’s designers and anyone who even vaguely likes it every step of the way. Mask of the Betrayer (if I, through some miracle, reach it) I wish to LP in the style of Scorchy’s absolutely exceptional Knights of the Old Republic 2 Let’s Play, (found here for your reading pleasure) and in the way Reject_666_6 intended to do in his short (but sweet) Mask LP, (here) exploring some of the themes in the game deeper and attempting to show some of content you may not have. Storm of Zehir, which I hope to go into blind shall be rolling out with a Codex team and will be a typical blind LP.

But, I am forced, unfortunately to start at the very beginning. Which I can only assume is rock bottom. If Storm of Zehir manages to be worse be comparablly bad be somewhat comparable in it's shittiness to the Original Campaign AND I get to it, we shall have Let’s Watch Stasgard Commit Suicide On Webcam. I could easily make a character and cut you guys out of the loop in the decision making there, but I am too much an attention/comment whore to pass up an opportunity to have you guys notice me.

So, bearing in mind this character is hypothetically our OC and MoTB character, what shall I be playing through as? Throw out full builds, just races, just classes, alignments, whatever you feel like contributing. I’ll keep a tally of what all two of you recommend and shall go with majority rules.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Abandoned in the middle of or, if you're persistent enough, right after the first act.

Scorchy’s absolutely exceptional Knights of the Old Republic 2 Let’s Play

If you can rival that, this is going to be the best Codex LP, like, evar. Also, I really hope you have it in you to make the 1st Act of the original campaign entertaining. 'Cause otherwise... Ugh. Everyone, yourself included, will just die out of boredom before you get to Act II.

Good luck. :P

P.S. I suggest going for a Favored Soul. It's powerful AND diplomatic. And you know you want a diplomatic character since only the main character's skills influence dialogue and stuff. Also, I assume you know about this, but just in case: http://nwn2db.com/

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I've given this kind of LP some thought with the Platinum Edition purchase I made. But thank god Katawa Shoujo saved me from making that decision. Good luck, friend. You will need it.
Go Evil please.

Cassidy

Arcane
I suggest building Paladin/Sorcerer/Eldritch Knight/Red Dragon Disciple for maximum munchkinism. That will make enduring the OC less painful.

Or maybe Favored Soul. Pick a god with something awesome like a two-handed huge hammer or a scythe as favored weapon.

Stasgard

Liturgist
Already in the progress of the write up of the first part Cassidy bro, and unfortunately I got the Favoured Soul part down but the God is Bane who has Morningstar as his favoured weapon. Not sure if there are two-handed ones in the game, but I shall be sure to use them if I find them. And it's funny that you should mention the munchkinism of that build, my last Mask of the Betrayer playthrough was done with a Paladin/Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple/Divine Champion. And it IS ludicriously overpowered, I could faceroll everything with the AI on auto.

Yeesh said:
I'm optimistic.

Thanks man. Also, what the fuck happened to your Crawl LP? I've been on the edge of my seat in regards to Nipsy's fate for fucking months. :rpgcodex:

DarthBehemoth said:
In before OP quits before completing Chapter 1
Crooked Bee said:
Abandoned in the middle of or, if you're persistent enough, right after the first act.

Just because it's true doesn't mean you need to say it. :(

Crooked Bee said:
If you can rival that, this is going to be the best Codex LP, like, evar.

The odds of me even reaching it are next to zero, let alone it being even decent, let alone comparable to that LP, but I shall do my best.

RK47 said:
I've given this kind of LP some thought with the Platinum Edition purchase I made. But thank god Katawa Shoujo saved me from making that decision. Good luck, friend. You will need it.

You mean if I hadn't started this you might have LPed it? Bitch. Seeing you LP this shit would have been awesome. Also, thanks.

RK47

Patron
No. I really can't get motivated into it. I already finished the first OC before, it wasn't enjoyable. The ending told me not to bother.
All the best man.

Monstrous Bat

Cipher
You are a brave man Stasgard. I would never ever put myself through the NWN2 OC for a second time. I will keep my eyes on this LP, even though you will likely go insane before you finish the OC.

Also, name your character Volourn.

Stasgard

Liturgist
laclongquan said:
In before abandoned at 3rd updates.

Laugh, brothers, laugh. For the god of LP enjoy that.

Gonna force myself to make it to at least 4 updates now. I know I don't have the will to force much more then that, but that I can do.

Monstrous Bat said:
I will keep my eyes on this LP, even though you will likely go insane before you finish the OC.

You give it that long? I'll probably be insane by the end of the 2nd post.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Alrighty then, I’m anxious to get this underway. As of the time of making this character two people have chipped in (as predicted), so Crooked Bee and RK47 have decided that we are playing an Evil Favoured Soul. So without further ado:

1.jpg

I’m boring, and really like feats so I roll out as a straight human.

Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest mean they are very physically diverse as well. Skin shades range from nearly black to very pale, hair from black to blond, and facial hair (for men) from sparse to thick. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.”

Humans are the best generalist race in D&D 3.5 and, if memory serves every over generation, and Neverwinter Nights 2 is no exception to this rule. They get a couple of bonuses reflecting their lack of specialization, two of which I will be making use of:

• Favoured Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass human suffers an XP penalty, his highest-level class does not count.
  • Quick to Master: 1 extra feat at first level
  • Skilled: 4 extra skill points at first level, plus 1 additional skill point each following level
I’m not sure if I will even get any use out of the favoured class bonus, being as I am playing a pure caster. I’ve never been able to convince myself that losing caster levels (save in Epic Levels for Mask, which I shall hopefully get into later) is ever worth it. So the only other class Mr. Soul shall be using is a prestige class with full caster levels, if that at all.

2.jpg

“The favored soul follows the path of the cleric but is able to channel divine power with surprising ease. She is able to perform the same tasks as her fellow divine spellcasters but with virtually no study. Favored souls cast their spells naturally, as much through force of personality as through study. Though this gives them extraordinary divine abilities no normal person could ever match, they see their gift as a call to action, and so in some ways may lag behind their more studious colleagues”

At Miss Bee’s most reasonable request: The Favoured Soul. They are to Clerics what Sorcerers are to Wizards, their less studious and more charismatic party animal counterpart. At Cleric School, the Favoured Souls were the guys that never showed up in class, got drunk at 11 in the morning yet still somehow passed with a B average. Also, with their charisma focus, they are great with chicks/guys/trannies.

4.jpg

Fairly straightforward stat distribution here, Charisma is high being our primary spellcasting stat, I don’t think anyone can make a rational case against starting with at least 16 in your casting stat for a pure caster. If you can, let me know, I do enjoy the taste of words. Wisdom is useless to Favoured Souls as far as I remember, but I loathe penalties to saving throws, dexterity is low enough to not incur a penalty but no higher, as we shall likely end up in Medium to Heavy Armor, any dexterity bonus is going to be hit hard, ditch that shit. Strength 12 because I am a pack mule and a LARPer. Constitution is arguably far higher than it needs to be, but I love having a high con score. More con = more health = you don’t fucking die. I’ve always pumped Constitution as high as I can get away with on every D&D character I’ve ever had. (I am a youngster and have only played 2e and 3e, earlier editions might not have the same bonus for con :oops:)

5.jpg

Favoured Soul starting feats, you get weapon proficiency up to Exotic, armour proficiency up to medium and shield proficiency. You can see my racial abilities down the bottom there and conveniently located in the centre are the two feats I chose. Luck of Heroes and Combat Casting.

• Luck of Heroes (Background Feat): Character gains a +1 bonus on all saving throws and skill checks as well as a +1 luck bonus to Armor Class.
  • Combat Casting (Spellcasting Feat): The character is adept at casting spells in combat. He gains a +4 bonus to the Concentration check when trying to cast spells while in Defensive Casting mode.
Saving Throws are good, and I tend to be in the thick of things as Divine types a lot. Healing spells have a touch range so the heavy armour and the ability to make them concentration checks is bloody helpful to say the least. Also, I am a terrible player and my character will more likely than not end up right in the middle of the bad guys every other fight.

Then for slightly more cosmetic but still important parts of character creation: Alignment, Religion and the Name. In accordance with RK47’s wishes, he shall be Evil. I pick Lawful Evil because it is the most interesting Evil alignment by leaps and bounds, and it has some interesting chemistry with Mask of the Betrayer (never let the hope die).

"A lawful evil character methodically takes what he wants within the limits of his personal code of conduct without regard for whom it hurts. He cares about tradition, loyalty, and order but not about freedom, dignity, or life. He players by the rules without mercy or compassion. He's comfortable in a hierachy and would like to rule, but is willing to serve. He is loath to break promises, and he is therefore very caustious about giving his word unless a bargain is clearly in his favour."

This ain't no Chaotic Stupid Villian, bitch. I've always had a fondness for Lawful Evil as an alignment, in terms of creating characters with any sort of depth to them; th Evil alignment is a strait hacket to a chilché in many ways, but Lawful Evil can be multilayered and interesting without much tampering. And now to counteract everything I just said. His God: Bane, The Black Lord.

"Bane is the evil and malicious greater deity of fear, hatred and tyranny. Preffering to plot and scheme, Bane rarely appears to act in a direct manner. His ultimate goal is to eventually control all of Faerûn."

Well, that was fun, character creation in NWN2 is one of it’s strengths in my opinion, especially with Kaiderin’s Class Pack, which you need to go and get right now if you don’t have it. Now the part I’ve been dreading, the game itself.

Warning: The following gameplay is incredibly uninspired, inane and boring as all hell. Small Children, people with heart conditions and pregnant women should avoid reading. Viewer discretion is also advised.

6.jpg

Daeghun.jpg
: Ah… my foster son is up and dressed I see. Today is the High Harvest Fair, and the West Harbor village council requires me to man the archery competition.

While I am writing this shortly after having finished the tutorial (the most I could complete before deciding it was enough for a post) I was already bored by this point. I mean, Obsidian deserves some fucking credit for this shit. They have some of the best writers in the industry at the moment, and in between releasing awesome shit like KoTOR2 and Dead Money they found time to employ High School dropouts without a talented bone in their body. Let’s give them a round of applause.

Daeghun.jpg
: The Human need to celebrate remembrance days baffles me. But at least something productive may come of it. The merchant, Galen is here – he’ll want my furs, as he usually does… coins can be useful in getting by. This past season has been a hard one – for both tilled fields and woodlands.

While this is not the worst thing wrong with that, I would like point out the misuse of ellipses here.

7.jpg

I then begin the arduous task of left clicking the chest and taking out the furs. Then I begin the long journey back across the room to return them to Daeghun. Helpful pop-up boxes instruct me on how to act every step of the way. I originally wanted to save some of these, as some of them are so god damned obvious and could be worked out within seconds by experimenting, but they pissed me off so much I disabled them. I am bad at this LP shit.

Daeghun.jpg
: Good… I see you have the furs. Galen has probably set up his tent in the village green. He’ll be enjoying the Fair, with the rest of the townsfolk. Last season I asked him to bring a Duskwood bow to trade. Sell him the furs, and use the coins he gives you to purchase the bow. Your friends await you at the bridge. I suppose your anxious to fee the Fair, but don’t forget to trade with Galen.

And with that I am free to leave the house, and enter into the wild yonder. It is no better for the excitement factor, or the inane factor, or the cliché factor.

8.jpg

I would like to point out at this point that I took a sanity hit when I realized that I am around 10 minutes in (including character creation) and have over a thousand words in this text document already. While this does include the copy/paste from the NWN2 Wiki, this saddens me greatly.

Amie.jpg
: Julian, there you are! Come on, the Fair’s already started!

Bevil.jpg
: It’s the biggest fair in years, Julian! There’s folk in from all the outlying farms, and even a few from outside the Mere. That means a big audience…

Amie.jpg
: A big audience, all cheering for us! This year’s our last chance to compete for the Harvest Cup… our last chance to win.

Julian.jpg
: What’s the competition look like?

Bevil.jpg
: The Mossfelds won both their matches in the Harvest Brawl. They’ll be tough to beat. But Amie’s bound to win the Tourney of Talent for us.

Amie.jpg
: I convinced Tarmas to teach me a few new spells. And I dug up a couple more from his spellbook when he wasn’t looking. Anyways, I heard Wyl Mossfeld is doing the same act this year, so that should help my chances.

Bevil.jpg
: Oh gods, not the pixie impression again…

I got bored at this point and changed my LARP a bit, I dislike these characters already, fuck it if they are meant to be his friends.

Julian.jpg
: I’d have won the Cup last year, if I hadn’t been saddled with you two.

Amie.jpg
: Don’t say that Julian. You two are the only family I’ve got. Apart from Tarmas anyway, and he hardly counts.

Bevil.jpg
: Besides, we’re a team. I know this town hasn’t seen anybody as talented as you since Cormick left, but you can’t do everything yourself.

Actually, reflecting on this line now, considering I am a Divine type, and thus a capable fighter as well as a caster, I actually probably COULD have done everything myself. I mean, the Knaves challenge, no, but I could have done the other three if it didn’t force me to use Amie in the Tourney of Talents. Divine Types: 1. Mere Mortals: 0.

Anyways, the conversation ended at this point. But I wasn’t tricked into thinking that would mean the end of conversations, oh no. Soon after another conversation initiates between Georg and some random villager named Orlen who has some of the worst voice acting I’ve ever heard. I should have captured the sound from this because I swear to god this guy was like a Bethesda NPC. Also, I forgot to get a capture of his face, so I shall just use the derpiest picture I can find without expanding any effort.

Georg.jpg
: And the blight? You’re sure it’s spreading Orlen?

:retarded: : It’s no blight, Georg, it’s something else. There’s no mold, no rot. It’s like the crops don’t want to grow. Like they haven’t got the guts to up and face the sun.
Georg.jpg
: What do the Druids say?

:retarded:: Well that’s just the run, Georg. There’s no Druids to be found, not head nor heel. Used to be they’d warn me of troubles, long before I noticed the signs myself. But this time… rotten silence. You think we ought to say something? Everyone’s gathered for the fair, even from the outlying farms…

Georg.jpg
: No. They ought to be free from cares, at least for a day. We’ll go ‘round tomorrow, talk to the households one by one.

:retarded:: Right you are Georg, tomorrow then.

Words alone cannot describe how bored I am already. I mean, I’ve played through Torment at least 3 times. I like me some fucking words, words are not the problem. I can read through a million pages of pure pretentiousness about the Nature of a Man and label every moment of it absolute genius, but this dialogue about farms and a spooky and sinister blight is just putting me to sleep. In real time I have been playing at this point for only about 3 minutes, but I have considered abandoning this LP no less than 38 times.

9.jpg

Wanted to show this because of the mistake in the printed dialogue, it makes me feel like a big man pointing out other people’s shortcomings and failures on an internet forum so other people on said forum will like me more. It is the only thing that gives me purpose in life.

Julian.jpg
: Only for Bevil and me.

Georg.jpg
: Better make it count then. Another victory speech from that muttonhead of a Mossfeld, and I think there’ll be a riot. Rules are the same as ever. Win three of-

Ok, fuck this. I’m bored, you’re bored, the people who designed and wrote this were probably bored while making it. I’m cutting through this shit in hyperspeed. Four challenges. Knaves, Tourney of Talent, Harvest Brawl and the Archery Competition. All very basic trivial crap that is almost impossible to fail at. All of it is just a tutorial to different aspects of the gameplay that anyone with a functioning brain could work out just through play. So just for the sake of having it on the record:

10.jpg

The Knaves challenge is just a melee brawl with two rounds. The first rounds is this one, I didn’t even do anything and won it. The next is against the infamous Mossfelds.

11.jpg

12.jpg

I’ll come out and admit the dice were against me and I lost this. That was fun, I was quite impressed it was possible to lose. Unfortunately, you can just ask them for a rematch and they accept without even a dialogue check.

13.jpg

Selling the furs and getting the bow.

14.jpg

Archery challenge is what it sounds like, you shoot bottles of a wall. Funnily enough you actually use a Crossbow. I chuckled at that, I also handed in Daeghun’s stupid bloody bow.

15.jpg

The Tourney of Talent is the Magic Tutorial, you cast a couple of level 0 and 1 spells and the slack jawed yokels clap their hands and “ooh” and “aah” like idiots.

16.jpg

Knaves Challenge, Rogue tutorial. You can recruit this kid if you don’t have a Skill Monkey. You pick a lock, disable a trap and pick pocket a guy for some feathers. You needed a 13 to steal the feather from the guy and the dice were steadfastly against me, I tried this like 8 times before I got it, and with the 6 second cooldown on the Sleight of Hand skill I was raging pretty hard.

17.jpg

After all the challenges are complete you win the Harvest Cup. Georg talks about some mysterious battle that happened here which the High Harvest Fair commemorates. I honestly couldn’t care less at this point. They’ve lost me completely as an audience. The characters suck, the concept is weak, and the combat/skill usage is mediocre. To be fair it is only the tutorial, I am sure it gets better once the game proper starts.

Spoiler: It doesn't.

Harold

Arcane
For those of you that don't know there already is a scorchy level of quality lp of MoTB at the SA lparchive.
Am I the only one whose first impression of west harbor was: am i walking around a b movie set of a medieval village? I mean those fucking colours, jesus!

In before Stasgard's mental breakdown. :thumbsup:
...or the less entertaining LP abandonment at a bum shelter door.

I suggest skipping the mechanics/routine actions and focusing on making fun of the OC's plot/characters and general goofs: more entertaining and less chance of you committing a murder at the end of a session.

RK47

Patron
i dont think u can edit thread titles anymore since we went next-gen. Hope DU and mods can patch it in. If u need an override of sort (perhaps one time change per monnth) try contacting the forum mod, JarlFrank thru PM.

Stasgard

Liturgist
Ah, ok, it's not just me being herp derp. Should have figured as much with no one having their updates posted in thread titles anymore. Lesson learnt.

Stasgard

Liturgist
1.jpg

Bevil.jpg
: The Village is under attack! West Harbor is under attack! Julian! You’re safe! Grab a weapon We need to help defend the village.

Julian.jpg
: Why would anyone attack West Harbor?

I sure hope it doesn’t have anything to do with some ancient cliché evil and some secret artefact that was kept here in West Harbor, that would make this reach 100% in the cliché bullshit department. We have small village, orphan and it just got attacked. Come on Obsidian, you can do it, A+ that test! Also of minor note, my character woke up wearing full chain mail. That’s dedication right there.

Bevil.jpg
: How would I know? There’s nothing in this village of value. Maybe they’re just raiding for food? Not that it matters. We’re under attack, and we need to help defend the village.

Amie.jpg
: We’d better hurry. I saw some of them following us on our way here. They’re likely to hit this house next.

Julian.jpg
: Where’s my equipment?

Bevil.jpg
: It’s in that chest next to your bed. You keep everything in there, remember? Hurry up and arm yourself, the longer we wait, the more we put the village at risk.

Wait, back up. If I’m wearing my armour to bed, and I don’t really have any other items of value, what the hell could possibly be in the chest? Answer: Nothing. Man, would it have been so hard to have scripted it so all the items in your inventory were sent to the chest? God damn it, the Human Noble Origin in Dragon Age even did that shit. Obsidian, when even Bioware games manage to do the same concept better then you, you have fallen far.
Anyways, I head downstairs in my nightwear and the door EXPLODES (I love the animation of this stuff in NWN2. Doors explode into splinters and chests just disappear) and three Duergar appear in the room and the punch up begins.

2.jpg

The game calls them Grey Dwarves, which I think is disrespectful, when you have a name as cool sounding as Deurgar for a race, you don’t use the pussy human name for them god damn it. I also want to harp on the follower AI here for a moment. Pure Melee beatstick types it can do fine, but so can any system. Select Target -> Attack Target. Not optimal tactics, sure, but it’s functional. Casters though are full retard. They’ll spam abilities, rush into the middle of combat, or in the case of Amie here, cast Enlarge Person. On herself. With two melee combatants. This shit is even one of my biggest complaints about Mask of the Betrayer. At those High levels your casters love to cast Meteor Storm, Bombardment and Implosion all simultaneously on the same Small Fluffy Rabbit.

Anyways, outside we run into Brother Merring a Priest of Lathander, the Morninglord.

“Whenever humans embark on a new journey, enter a new contact or, or start a political or romantic relationship, chances are good that they whisper a prayer to Lathander, deity of dawn, renewal, and vitality. Though he is among the oldest of the Faerûnian pantheon, the Morninglord nonethenless retains the cheery optimism of youth that makes him the perfect symbol of beginnings.”

Ok, so that is kind of cool. This is probably my favourite part of the whole of West Harbor, the Priest worships a god who is the symbol of beginnings. It’s a shame that this is never brought up in game (to my knowledge) and doesn’t impact the plot, characters or flow in any way whatsoever. I mean, I only just found out about this cool little note by pulling up that quote from the NWN2 Wiki.

Merring.jpg
: There you are – I saw some of those creatures enter your house, and it is good to see you safe. I don’t know where these beast came from, but we need every sword at the southern bridge – more of these creatures are on the way, and in greater numbers. Georg is trying to gather the militia, but I fear he will not be able to marshal a defence in time… and without help, this village will fall.

Julian.jpg
: [Shepard] If Georg is in charge, this village WILL fall.

Merring.jpg
: Head south along the road – I will stay here and look for the wounded, then join you. Georg should be at the bridge, join him quickly, he will no doubt have orders for you. But before you go, take this blessing from Lathander, all of you. If you are wounded or need another blessing in the fight ahead, simply return and speak to me.

Lathander, the Neutral Good deity of birth and renewal would give a blessing to a follower of Bane a god of hatred, tyranny and fear? Shit man, that is one laid back god. Hey, wait a fucking second, there is something I vaguely remember from one of my D&D Campaigns.

3.jpg

Fuck you, Bane and Lathander are enemies within the Pantheon, it says so on the wiki. Nice to see all those choices I made during character creation are paying off. I didn’t even intend this shit, I know a lot of LPers do stuff like this intentionally and then pretend they didn’t know, but I seriously JUST saw this crap, god damn it.

Anyways, enough lore fagging it up, let’s continue with the visceral combat, there are some more Duer- I mean, Grey Dwarves, by the bridge.

4.jpg

A challenging and tactical session of clicking on enemies and waiting for them to die follows, glad to see that the incredibly deep and complex D&D 3.5 is being used to its full potential.

Georg.jpg
: Thank the gods you made it – there’s been no sign of your father, and I feared you’d been killed as well. I have no idea where these creatures came from or what they want, but the ones loose in the village are on the first wave… more are coming. A lot more. If we’re going to stop them, we need someone to rally the militia and meet them head-on.

Julian.jpg
: So rally them then!

Georg.jpg
: I can’t leave the southern half of the village exposed, not while more attackers keep pouring in. Now go – when you’ve gathered everyone you can, meet me at the wheat field south and west of here.

Bevil.jpg
: We’d better search the town and gather who we can – and I hope we can find enough still alive.

At this point I would like to point out that Georg goes south into the village, the same direction we go, as that is where ALL the people you can recruit for the militia are. So, he can’t leave because he needs to defend the southern half of the village, the same area where the potential militia members are. My brian.

5.jpg

More shitty combat in the village, this whole area feels more like something that belongs in an action game, to take of the snark hat and put on the thinking hat. Enemies are basically bags of meat, with the occasional ability. They flood the village and there is lots of chaos around. If this was in say, The Witcher (Number one, never played the second, also come out around the same time) it would have been vastly improved in my opinion. The more action orientated combat system lends itself better to this mindless combat. The ability to dodge, roll, parry and the like would have done wonders for this section. Of course, the correct move would to make it not suck and I think I have a way it could have been done, but more on that later, but into Codex mode.

6.jpg

I grab one of the militia members after the Duergar fight ends. He makes life easy on me, and just accepts doing it straight away. Thank Christ for that, surely all the other militia members will be as cooperative and willing to help. Off we go over to this charming looking fellow cowering by the building.

Ian.jpg
: Eh – Julian? Get away – didn’t you SEE those creatures out there? They’re killing everyone!

Julian.jpg
: You’re part of the militia, what are you hiding here for?

Ian.jpg
: What, you came to drag me out there to die? Not on your life – I’m staying right here!

Important Note: The last Duergar group we fought ran straight past him. Either he knows something I don’t or the odds of more Duergar jumping him and raping him to death is pretty high. Oh cool, I think this is the first skill check I’ve seen this game.

Julian.jpg
: [Diplomacy] The village is surrounded. If you don’t fight now, there’s no chance at all.

Ian.jpg
: [Failure] I’m NOT going - the village is dead anyway, I’m not joining the corpses.

:rage:

This is a good point to talk about how I dislike those [Success/Failure] tags, and am unsure about [Skill] tags. I mean, how hard is it to work out if you have failed or passed a skill check? If the writing is even vaguely passable, a negative or a positive is shown through the dialogue. This is the perfect example really. Look at his response, is there ANYONE who understands the language being used who couldn’t understand that this was a no?
And then there is the issue of the [Skill] tags. I am on the fence. On one hand Fallout has shown us that it can be quite fun and another aspect of the game thinking through the dialogues heavily and finding the skill response, and don’t even get me started on some of Arcanum’s Dialogue Battles. But at the same time, if you build a character focused around dialogue, and you are not a good talker yourself, should you be penalized by your inability to pick the right options? Discuss!!!

Julian.jpg
: [Hit him] :smug:

Ian.jpg
: Wh- what are you doing? Stop!

7.jpg

8.jpg

I’ll admit, this conversation was fun, I have a massive hard-on for skill checks in dialogue, and there were several options in that conversation. Diplomacy, Intimidate, Bluff (convince him the Duergar will fuck him up if he stays) and taunting him by calling him a coward.

Up ahead is Tarmas (Amie’s master) fighting a Githyanki mage. The first time I tried NWN2 I got a little excited here, the Githyanki and Githzerai seem so god damned interesting and awesome since Dak’Kon, like it is a free “this shit be awesome” card. I was mistaken.

Tarmas.jpg
: You three stay out of this, it’s too dangerous!

Amie.jpg
: Master! Just hold on! We can help!

9.jpg

LPers Note: The number of Magic Missiles she shoots is far more then the two missiles possible for a level 3 mage, this makes me very butthurt. The Githyanki apparently agrees and decides to Fireball the stupid bitches ass Unfortunately, I fell asleep forgot to screencap this image, so I have acquired an artist’s rendition for you.

10.jpg

Tarmas.jpg
: Blast it! The rest of you stay where you are!

GithyankiMage.jpg
: I shall waste no more time on this pitiful village. It is not here.

11.jpg

He summons a bunch of spiders and hightails it. If someone can work out what spell it is that can summon three spiders in a single turn (or what metamagic combination allows it), let me know, because otherwise my butthurt has advanced to level 2.

12.jpg

Julian proceeds to get raped by spiders, just like in so many freaky hentais.

Tarmas.jpg
: The stupid girl! I told her to stay out of it!

Julian.jpg
: Who was that mage?

I couldn’t bring myself to LARP caring. Screw it, he’s evil, we’ll write it off as cold, manly indifference.

Tarmas.jpg
: I do not know, but he was clearly skilled in the Art. He probably lead the attack on West Harbor.

Julian.jpg
: Let’s go, then.

Tarmas.jpg
: If only I had more time to gather equipment from my home – if you make your way there, you may find some magical and alchemical equipment of use.

If I recall correctly, there isn’t much in there, and I really don’t give that much of a crap about it anyways, so I shall skip going to his stupid bloody house. Oh look, it’s one of the Mossfelds.

Wyl.jpg
: Come… come to gloat, Julian? Still… I took a bunch down before they got me…

Julian.jpg
: Looks to me like your wounds are fatal. [Slit his throat.]

Wyl.jpg
: Wh… ereRkkkkk! Unh…

Bevil.jpg
: Julian… what… I mean, he’s a Mossfeld, but…

Julian.jpg
: This is a battle, and if we healed him, he’d turn on us.

Bevil.jpg
: I… all right, Julian. It’s just… uh, nevermind.

13.jpg

Good old completely broken and completely retarded Neverwinter Nights resting system. 8 hours rest in 5 seconds! Limbs healed, vitality restored, spells prepared! Just add the defiled corpse of 3.5! Continuing on down the path I run into another militia man.

Pitley.jpg
: Please… Julian… help me. Took a blade in the gut, now… now there’s blood everywhere. Tried… tried to fight them all… but there was too many to stop.

Julian.jpg
: Hold on Pitney – let me go find Brother Merring, he may help.

Disappointing, but not enough to surprise me at this point that there was only one dialogue option, I like the flavour dialogue even if it is a fake choice. I know a lot of people, especially here on the Codex, don’t much care for 3 options all leading to the same thing, but I’d rather the faint LARP then the: “Oh yeah, your evil child eating psychopath is forced to be kind to this man”.

Instead of helping this man, I instead decide to talk to a Dying Duergar, because fuck that guy, he can bleed as long as he wants, he’s never dying, this whole areas scripted.

Duergar.jpg
: Heh… killed THREE of you surfacers before they took me down… and the one I killed? They screamed one by one… BEGGED me to spare them. My hands are drenched in their blood. If you have come to kill me now, so be it – but it will not get their lives back.

Bevil.jpg
: It’s one of the attackers… it looks like he’s dying.

Julian.jpg
: [Cut his throat]

Duergar.jpg
: [The dwarf’s last words are cut off as you slash his neck with your weapon. He gurgles for a moment, flails, then dies.]

Bevil.jpg
: I… I don’t know you need to do that, Julian. He deserved it… but…

Julian.jpg
: He would have done the same to us… just like he did those he killed.

I miss Virgil. As much as Bevil’s character annoys me, it could have been cool to keep him around as the journey went on, instead of having to abandon him after West Harbor because he won’t come with you. Spoiler: If you don’t want to know what happens, don’t read the last sentence. Bevil fulfilling the role that Virgil did in Arcanum could have been pretty cool, especially with the influence system. That could actually have been one of the ways to make that system work well. The higher your influence with Bevil, the more you can influence his alignment to your way of thinking, the lower it is, the more he resists you, becoming the opposing alignment.

As I head back to Brother Merring, I run into another Mossfeld by the bridge that I derped out and didn’t see. :oops:

Ward.jpg
: Come… Come to gloat, Julian? Still… I-

Son of a bitch, this is the exact same dialogue that Wyl Mossfeld had, I slit his throat too. Lousy copy pasted NPC’s. Anyways, Brother Merring for heals for the militia.

Merring.jpg
: What word do you have of the battle?

Julian.jpg
: We found some wounded militiamen – can you help?

Merring.jpg
: Yes, and I think I can help spread the healing efforts as well. Take this moss… if the wounded can’t move, this should allow them to ignore the pain long enough to keep fighting until I can treat them properly.

Julian.jpg
: Can I use it on myself if I’m injured?

Merring.jpg
: The moss alleviates pain, but it does little else. As long as you can still move and fight, the moss will have little effect on you.

Bah, typical really. Alright, that’s about it for this part I think, just wrapping up the militia now.

14.jpg

We run back and hand Pitley the herbs, and he is good to fight again. Literally 6 steps to the side is another Mossfeld (completely healthy this time) and the last militia man, these are both just one click ready guys unfortunately.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Alright, that’s all five militia members needed.

17.jpg

All that’s left now is to talk to Georg and initiate another shitty round of combat with the Duergar. But I’m not doing that shit today. As much as writing this itself is enjoyable, it is tiring and playing NWN2 is a drain on my sanity meter. Good day Codex.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
My advice is that you keep playing the game, but post no updates.

Then, start your LP from the second chapter.

NWN2 OC Chapter 1 is seriously tiring to play, and doing a LP of it would make it more tiresome. I am sure you want to do a LP that you actually enjoy doing.

RK47

Patron
But...the loss of his entire village. The death of his friends. How can we emotionally connect with the protagonist if we never witness his loss? :(

Stasgard

Liturgist
If I was more limited in time Wyrmlord, then that would certainly be the option to go, but at present I have LOT of spare time, and not much to do with it. It's part of the reason I decided to do an LP in the first place. And, with the LP I really do want a complete set. All or nothing. Complete the whole damn thing or abandon it trying. If I didn't want to go through poor to mediocre gameplay, I would have just done a Blind Storm of Zehir, or Mask of the Betrayer LP or something else entirely. I barely have to play any of the OC for each update. It is probably only 20 minutes of actual gameplay thus far, if that. The writing is what's time consuming, but I enjoy doing that.

Thanks for the suggesstion though.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Indeed, good job so far. The artwork is vastly superior to the in-game graphics.

I recall that I also picked a lawful evil Banite when I played Neverwinter Nights 2. It was during the very same incident with the priest that I realised that not only was my choice of deity entirely cosmetic, I also could not force-attack anyone in this pitiful excuse for a game.

It will be fun to re-experience the dreadful story again, and a subsequent LP of Mask of the Betrayer would be swell.

Stasgard

Liturgist
It begins, time to drive back the foul invaders and save West harbor once and for all! Time to inform Georg that we have gathered the militia.

Georg.jpg
: Well done. Now we have a chance! All right, militia! Ready your weapons and move out! It’s time we stand our ground!

The militia all advance to the farms cleared field, in an attempt to fight fair, I guess. Why use tactical positioning in choke points or have our Archers atop buildings, or other vantage points? That’s for people without honour.

1.jpg

The Duergar and Blad- I mean, mysterious unknown creatures that totally aren’t identified when you click on them surge forward in the first wave and a free for all punch up begins.

2.jpg

After what feels like 15 minutes of just watching the animations play out, and as the battle to end, more dialog commences, which I swear is mocking me. Me personally.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Georg.jpg
: Cyric’s blood! They’re entering the Starling house. But if we don’t hold the next wave off, the whole village could be overrun.

Writing this now I realize something for the first time. They kept the defenceless children in a house, on the edge of the town, at the very place they KNEW the attackers would be coming from. I mean, what is this shit? It’s one thing to not use even rudimentary battlefield tactics, but to position the people you are protecting in the most possible exposed position?

Bevil.jpg
: Let’s go, Julian! If we hurry, we can stop them before they find the children!

Julian.jpg
: We can’t let the next wave by. I’m staying here to help with the defense.

Georg.jpg
We could use every sword. But the children.

Bevil.jpg
: You do what you think is right. I’m going in before anything happens to my brother and sister!

Georg.jpg
: Brace yourself, men!

This is mocking because it feels like this could actually be a Choices and Consequences moment, but you would be laughably mistaken. If you help Bevil, you fight a few Duergar and save the kids, if you stay here Bevil manages to save them unharmed anyways. You pick which fight you want to do. And it’s not even a good choice, both fights are pretty mediocre. Bevil’s is marginally better, but I wanted to stay here to talk about something I mentioned last update.

5.jpg

I touched on how there was a major problem with the combat here, but didn’t elaborate last update, but Obsidian made a mistake here that I consider absolutely awful. Once I was playing a solo campaign of 3.5 with a friend of mine new to DMing. He’s a good guy, and had good ideas but he made a massive mistake in the end battle of one session. I was helping a group of guards raid an abandoned building where a group of criminals were holed up, and it was very similar to the above screenshot.

I controlled a single melee type, Fighter/Soul Knife for those interested, and there was a group of the guards with me. It should have been a big awesome battle, except I was only able to control my PC. So the battle was me saying: “I hit guy X” and then the DM controlling everything else. There was no tactics I could use, and the action was on other people, not the player.

And that is what has happened here, the PC is completely negligible, I could do nothing here and we would still win the fight, this is a HORRIBLE idea. The player should be the focus of the fight in most cases, of course there are story situations where this can be changed, but as a rule… don’t do this shit.

Georg.jpg
: Thank the god’s that’s over.

My sentiments exactly.

Georg.jpg
: We would not have held them much longer-

6.jpg

7.jpg

Heroic entry! Just in time to save us from the wave of combat we would have defeated anyways. It’s the thought that counts though, right?

Daeghun.jpg
: Much blood has been lost tonight. Let us make the enemy pay in kind.

Just insert one of the previous screenshots of the battle here, as they all look about identical.

Daeghun.jpg
: That is the last of them – for now. Gather the wounded and the dying. Let’s see how many we can steal from death’s clutches.

8.jpg

Georg.jpg
: Thank the gods we were able to hold them at the farm. How many did we lose?

Merring.jpg
: Ian, Vera, Pierson…

Georg.jpg
: What were those things, anyhow? Never seen anything quite like them.

I wonder if playing a Duergar would actually make any difference during this segment of the game. Probably not.

Merring.jpg
: They’re called bladelings. Their kind is rarely seen in our realm – they dwell in a place beyond.

Georg.jpg
: Well then – what in the nine hells are they doing here?

Merring.jpg
: Lathander doesn’t illuminate all mysterious for me. We must rely on our own wit and resources.

Georg.jpg
: One of the dwarves mentioned they were searching for something… does anybody know what it was?

Daeghun.jpg
: Boy, come over here… I understand you lost a friend of yours in the attack. A tragedy . She was a promising young mage, or so I’ve been told.

Julian.jpg
: I’ll get over it.

Daeghun.jpg
: That you will. I see you understand the folly of dwelling upon loss. I do not have much time to talk – there are many who are wounded, Julian. Now, there is something you must do. Tonight. Those… bladelings were here to find something, and I fear I know what.

Well, Obsidian just aced the test. Small Village? Check. Orphan? Check. Village Attacked? Check. Mysterious Artefact? Check. Bra-fucking-vo.

Julian.jpg
: We barely trade words, and NOW you decide to fill me in?

Daeghun.jpg
: Tonight is NOT a night of words – but of action. There is an item… a silver shard. Long ago I concealed it in the stones outside of town. I fear it may have drawn these creatures down upon us.

Julian.jpg
: [Fishing for exposition] Why do you think the shard is their goal?

Daeghun.jpg
: Think it through. Their kind doesn’t plunder a village like West Harbor, not for a few coins and an old helm or two. They had a REASON.

Julian.jpg
: You’re the one who hid it. Why don’t you just get it?

Daeghun.jpg
: There are too many wounded to care for, more than Brother Merring can handle on his own.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9.jpg

Son, you must go to the ruins to recover the shard in the swamp. I cannot, even though I am a Ranger and therefore better suited to wilderness combat, because I must help brother Merring with the wounded, even though you are a Favoured Soul and therefore probably the second most qualified in the entire village to heal people.

I mean, seriously.

Julian.jpg
: Where did the shard come from?

Daeghun.jpg
: It is from the time when your mother died. Those were dark times for the village… We can speak more of the shard after you’ve returned. For now, all that matters is it’s retrieval.

Julian.jpg
: I am ready. Tell me what I need do.

Daeghun.jpg
: The stones outside of town are older and deeper than you may think. In the farthest chamber of these ruins, look for a strongbox – inside is the shard.

Julian.jpg
: Anything else?

Daeghun.jpg
: There remains only one thing. You should not go alone. Bevil. I need you to accompany my son to the ruins. This is an important task.

Bevil.jpg
: But Georg says the ruins have been overrun by lizardling tribes…

Daeghun.jpg
: And that is why you must go. Together two can succeed where one might fail. The cries of the wounded cannot be ignored any longer. Find the shard, Julian. Find it, and bring it here.

Daeghun then wanders of the presumably care for the wounded. Fuck him, unless he has been pumping the heal skill like I have he wouldn’t have anywhere near my healing prowess. I mean, he doesn’t get even GET healing spells until level 8 at the minimum, and even then, only ONE Cure Light Wounds a day. I, on the other hand already have 5 Cure Minor Wounds and 4 Cure Light wounds available, and my healing skill. Fuck this shit.

Bevil.jpg
: No offense meant, Julian, but your father makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Still, if we’re going to do this we should make some haste. It sounds urgent.

Julian.jpg
: I’m ready, let’s go.

Bevil.jpg
: The path that runs along the river is our best route into the swamp. I hope these ruins aren’t too hard to find – we could be out there all night.

It then jumps straight to the swamp, which is weird because I recall having to manually go there through the map last time. Maybe it was my selecting options that said I was ready. Class Choice? Fuck you. God? What now? Selecting dialog options a certain way? Oh yeah, we pay attention to that.

10.jpg

Bevil.jpg
: There’s probably more than lizardlings ahead. So – uh – lead on, I guess.

That establishing shot was quite cool, with the over the shoulder angle. The completely arbitrary and random camera shots in the engine during dialog can lead to some cool effects. Anyways, as much as could be expecting the swamp is pretty tedious and the combat is pretty much click and wait.

11.jpg

I don’t even know why they bother with these sort of encounters with the NWN rest system to be honest. The purpose they serve traditionally is to wear down the part and make you burn resources, but when you can just rest at will they serve only to be an annoyance.

12.jpg

Seen here is me taking the long way around so as to avoid an encounter. It is possible to totally avoid some combat in NWN2.

13.jpg

What’s this I see, an interesting encounter? It can’t be! But it is, this is in fact a fun fight. Shaman at the back, lots of the little bugs to obscure your path and the big tanky fighter type, I almost had fun here, but stopped myself because that would ruin all my credibility on the Codex, instead I do this.

14.jpg

Yep, the OTHER massive problem with the NWN rest system, you can blow your load on every fight, and they didn’t bother to counteract that. Bevil here just tanks everything while I spam heals on him like it’s going out of fashion, it’s not like I’ll be punished by lacking spells later or anything.

15.jpg

:hmmm:

16.jpg

Another fucking trash encounter. You know, I’ve heard a LOT of bitching about Dragon Age’s trash heavy design on here, but not much about how this game is the exact same. Both games have you rest completely between fights, both games tend to use the same groupings of units again and again, is it just that this game is bad across the board where-as Dragon Age is actually enjoyable?

17.jpg

Cleaning up the last of the lizards outside of the tomb, I get a brief moment of peace with some very minor story stuff before back to dreary combat.

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

God damn female Elves look weird in this engine. While she doesn’t say anything here (thankfully) she does speak later in the game, and you bastards are lucky you don’t have to hear it, the voice acting like almost everyone else in this campaign is grating. Although she seems like Tony Jay compared to a certain other character…

21.jpg

Hey, I actually like the look of this place. Kind of atmospheric, not as massively cliché, this place has potential. Potential which is wasted on Lizardfolk encounter #43.

22.jpg

I had a lot more screenshots of this place but this update is already graphics heavy so I shall save you the rest of the dungeon, needless to say there were Lizardfolk, they were slain, and Julian advanced to level 4 and gained access to level 2 spells in the process. So, let’s just jump to the end of the dungeon.

Lizard.jpg
: And before we fight them for our ancestral hatching grounds, we ask for your blessings! (I actually lost a screenshot of the line before this, but fuck you if you expect me to do this shit again to get it)

Bevil.jpg
: There certainly are an awful lot of them. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.

Lizard.jpg
: A warm blood – here!? Your very presence offends the stone god!

Julian.jpg
: [Diplomacy] When this land was once ours, my “tribe” left something here.

Lizard.jpg
: [Success] And this gives you the right to intrude on our lands – and disturb our most holy of rituals!?

Ok, I take it back. The writing here is solid and yet that is not an obvious success. However, it could have just as easily used [???] tags, like the dialog battle with the interrogation of the Legion Prisoner in New Vegas.

Julian.jpg
: It’s needed to save my tribe – something you should be able to understand.

Lizard.jpg
: What do you propose then, warm blood?

Julian.jpg
: Let me save my tribe, and perhaps one day we can return the favour.

Lizard.jpg
: A favour for a favour, eh? We may have need of you… We will let you do this thing – do what you have come here to do. We will leave the warm blood in peace, my followers.

Julian has every intention of following through here, a promise is a promise and he is lawful. This was certainly the best part of the game thus far. As I’ve mentioned I’ve a massive boner for skill use in dialog, and you may have inferred by now that I am something of a storyfag, and this was quite an enjoyable conversation. Now to get the shard and put this whole shitty opening behind us.

23.jpg

Bevil.jpg
: We were risking life and limb – for THAT? None of this makes any sense. Daeghun can do his own blasted quests from now on. When you’re done searching around, let’s get out of here.

Julian.jpg
: Let’s go.

And with that, we are teleported back to West Harbor, and we finally get to leave this fucking place.

24.jpg

Bevil.jpg
: That’s all you can say? I almost died out there.

Daeghun.jpg
: If I did not believe you could handle the task, I would have sent another.

Bevil.jpg
: Yeah, well, YOU weren’t out there in the swamp getting attacked by Lizardfolk.

Daeghun.jpg
: No, I was here attending to the wounded, Bevil – now find Merring and do the same.

Bevil.jpg
: I don’t see how you put up with him, Julian.

Daeghun.jpg
: Now for the shard, let me see it.

Julian.jpg
: Glad to see I’m not the only one who thinks we should leave Bevil out of this.

Daeghun.jpg
: What I have to say is not for Bevil’s ears – and after this night, you two shall not travel together again. Bevil has his uses, but it is not wise to depend on someone of Starling blood for too long. Also, his complaining tires me and will not serve you where you are bound.

Julian.jpg
: I retrieved the shard, what now?

Daeghun.jpg
: I need you to go to the city of Neverwinter. Find my half-brother Duncan, and retrieve the second shard, and take it to a mage you can both trust. Duncan owns an inn in the dock districs of the city, the Sunken Flagon. Not the most… reputable place, but safe enough.

Julian.jpg
: Why don’t we dump this shard, or give it up?

Daeghun.jpg
: The… problem is more complicated than that. If we give them the shard, I doubt it will prevent them from believing the second one lies here as well – or others.

Julian.jpg
: Others?

Daeghun.jpg
: We only found two. It is possible there were others, scattered into the swamp, or taken away – or have met other ends.

Julian.jpg
: [Wisdom] There’s something you’re not telling me.

That’s a wisdom check? What, Wisdom 8?

Daeghun.jpg
: There are many things I have chosen not to tell you, and that is because they are not relevant. Perhaps if you were to question less and heed my words, it would prevent you from becoming confused.

Julian.jpg
: [Shepard] Maybe if I beat the hells out of you, that’d settle this right now.

Spoiler: There is no possible way to attack Daeghun.

Daeghun.jpg
: I… I did not mean what I said, and this is not time for us to fight – you need to leave West Harbor, tonight. Head to the small part town of Highcliff when you free of the swamp. There, seek passage on a ship to Neverwinter. The beats that attacked us will leave West Harbor alone once they realize their quarry has fled. If all goes well, you should be in Neverwinter before they find your trail. Say your farewells – your boots may travel many roads before you return. I let some of the others know you are leaving – but not the why of it.

Ever notice how the RPG’s where you can’t attack any NPC you choose or where there are immortal NPC’s are the ones that manage to have the ones you want to kill the most? Funny that. Anyways, I’m not going through the rest of the dialog with the village because it’s probably shit, so I head to the exit after finishing up with Daeghun.

25.jpg

Fuck you West Harbor, you were a shitty introduction. Didn’t draw me in, didn’t entertain me particularly much and your characters are bland and forgettable. May you burn to the ground.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Important question time, I’ve noticed that I tend to talk a lot in these about my RPG experiences when they relate to what’s happening to make comparisons and talk about game design and ways to improve the campaign. This is probably drawn from there not being much to say beyond: “Shit sucks” and I want something to say.

Does this bother people, do you like enjoy it, what? If people don’t enjoy it I would rather spend extra effort to come up with jokes and shit then piss you off with more blatherings. Cheers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom