Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play - Phantasie I & II - Atari ST

DaveO

Erudite
I will go in blind wih no spoilers for Phantasie II, but I am quite curious about the Atari ST versions. I did attempt Atari 800 emulation, but my copy seemed to encounter technical problems. Thus I'd like to begin again with an entirely new party of adventures. Now of course, I will do the God Knife exploitation like I did in the first Phantasie I play. The party options are entirely open for Phantasie I and II, but keep in mind that aging will rule out the random creatures. I'd have to check the manual to recall which races won't have a whole bunch of problems transferred over to Phantasie II. Now one fighter, one thief, one priest, one sorcerer will definitely be in the Phantasie I party. I'll include a Monk, since I did like earlier access to the Transportation spell. I'll let the replies determine who will be the sixth "ranger"(perhaps a Ranger, they're not a bad option for a party member).

DaveO

Erudite
Argh! I just found that there is a NWN module for this game. I think I'lll save it for after the ST run. Does anybody know if the module will run on my Enhanced version from Beamdog?

octavius

Arcane
Patron
If you want to transfer, Dwarves, Gnomes and Elves are your safest bets, while the Minotaur will be a challenge.
And don't forget P3 uses a smaller roster which will mess up transfers from P2.
Don't remember much about the classes, but I'm pretty sure I had a Ranger.

DaveO

Erudite
I will play thru this game again, but I'll temporarily postpone until I complete Eternal Dagger. I'll post another update then. I apologize for the delay.

DaveO

Erudite
I tried out the NWN Phantasie module, and at the moment I can't score it higher than a 2. I'll be posting a video on my channel and deciding whether to continue or stop.

DaveO

Erudite
I'll be posting and completing the NWN module for Phantasie on my YouTube channel before doing my Atari ST run with the same six characters for each game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom