Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play: Prisoner of Ice

Your wish is my command, Master Chauncey.

... right after i deliver some more liver of lizard to the chancellor.

Welcome back to "let's never update: prisoner of ice"!

Ryan is now all alone in the captain's office... Now, i wanted to steal some things in here, but Ryans afraid that the... uh... "guy" we were going to meet up with was gonna walk in on us pillaging the crap out of this fancy office.

11.jpg

12.jpg

So let's walk out that door and not turn around now cause we don't need this room anymore. Ryan's got his own life to live etc etc.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

Pretty damned smooth, Ryan.

16.jpg

17.jpg

So back in we go to search for the "trigger" that causes the good quarter-master to arrive. Hmm... How about this?

18.jpg

19.jpg

Jinkies! A clue!

Maybe there's something in the other drawer as well?

20.jpg

21.jpg

Sigh... Let's investigate his desk then.

22.jpg

... and let's take the paper.

23.jpg

Okay then! I'm going to steal the pencil! Take that Captain Sears!

... oh, it's none interactable. Fun.

Anyway, let's investigate the calendar.

24.jpg

Let's see... Random notes with numbers? It's a safe combination puzzle. Okay, i'll just write this down for when i ACTUALLY get to toy around with the safe. Anyway...

-some time later-

AHA! I found a pixel-size pack of smokes. (Damned game)

25.jpg

-some time later (again)-

A very small ID file which is not nailed down. Let's loot it.

26.jpg

And...

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Pleasant type.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33-1.jpg

34-1.jpg

What the hell? Hamsun turned into some sort of mist and went throught the vent to... some place. We'll just have to find out the next time!

PS. I'd be happy if any of you could recommend a good screenshot program cause i'm getting mighty tired of using print screen and paint. :P Thanks in advance!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Aww man, you've been using print screen all this time ? :shock: Dosbox can take screenshots...

CTRL-F5 Save a screenshot. (png)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Stereotypical Villain said:
:lol: I am such a god damned idiot!

Thank you, ghostdog.
You are not.

Taking videos, recording sound, and taking screenshots are not things that most of us would bother to find out about DOSBox, considering that most of the time, it's just typing in commands and increasing CPU cycles.

It's all there in the readme, but nobody ever normally thinks, "I should check up all the media features on it; I might want to do a LP someday." :)

I never even knew of Ctrl+F5 until several months ago. I only happened upon it on wanting to see how to record sound from a game.

Redlands

Arcane
I was wondering what the fuck was up with that open book that was hovering in midair and then fell to the floor.

Then I realized it was the mouse pointer (?)

Redlands said:
I was wondering what the fuck was up with that open book that was hovering in midair and then fell to the floor.

Then I realized it was the mouse pointer (?)

The mouse pointer turns into a book whenever you're interacting with something. I try to leave it out most of the times, but sometimes i forget about it entierly.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I like the way he thrusts his crotch forward when he stands. That's the sign of a real man, with balls of meat.

Holy crap an update! The planets must be aligned or something.

We're free to leave Captain Sears office now that we've got our duty roster.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Gee, i wonder what's happening down there? :wink:

5.jpg

6.jpg

So then... We're free to poke around. I do belive there's a film on the now unoccupied desk...

7.jpg

Let's grab it...

8.jpg

... and get the heck out of here.

9.jpg

Looks like we walked into the radio room. let's talk to the guy sitting there.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Ooookay. Out to the hallway again then, but this time we'll go through the other door.

13.jpg

A wardrobe? Let's check it out.

14.jpg

TEH WIT!

15.jpg

Since the wardrobe yielded nothing i'm going to go ahead and go through the door right next to it.

16.jpg

... and now through the door at the end of this hallway.

17.jpg

Bingo! It's the projectionist.

18.jpg

19.jpg

Time to ask some question.

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

So he likes ciggs and can't get to them cause he's confined to this room, eh? But before we get to that, let's ask him about Quincy.

23.jpg

24.jpg

And now we shall ask him about the personnel files.

25.jpg

26.jpg

Okay then, let's get down to business...

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

:D

31.jpg

So now a projectionist owes us a favor. But whatever could he do for us, hmm?

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

So let's give it to him.

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

And off he goes...

38.jpg

Next time we'll watch a very interesting film which'll reveal a tiny bit of the story. Until then...

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
38.jpg

Mclaglen is also showing distinct signs of manhood with the way he walks.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Go for it. Ithink I never actually finished Normality but I remember it being a nice game. I think the freeware version doesn't have VO.

I finished it back when i was eight, and i've got to say that i still remember most parts of the game.

The crowd has spoken and there shall be normality.

Stiff.jpg

ElectricOtter

where's my normality :evil:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom