Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play: Prisoner of Ice

... gee, thanks, Made. That fixed all of my issues, and I can now play PoI on my new computer instead of my old one.

I actually don't know weather or not I should hug you or stab you in the face... with an icicle.

Sigh... I'm going to update this tomorrow, when my brain is ready for some more awesome problem-solving.

ironyuri

Stereotypical Villain said:
... gee, thanks, Made. That fixed all of my issues, and I can now play PoI on my new computer instead of my old one.

I actually don't know weather or not I should hug you or stab you in the face... with an icicle.

Sigh... I'm going to update this tomorrow, when my brain is ready for some more awesome problem-solving.

Looks like my plan worked.

:smug:

A concerted attack on SV's pride has resulted in possible :incline:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
ironyuri said:
Back off, this was all me! If not for my hijack threats the status quo would've never been challenged. I will not share the credits! :rpgcodex:

(in before both of being invalidated by lack of updates...)

ironyuri

Sceptic said:
ironyuri said:
Back off, this was all me! If not for my hijack threats the status quo would've never been challenged. I will not share the credits! :rpgcodex:

My site feedback thread brought hijack threats from Andyman, which I contend is the real reason SV is doing this!

It's one thing to be emasculated by a BRO, but to be emasculated by a horse is another matter entirely. It would be like if SVs wife was engaging in an extra-species-extra-marital affair.

It would appear that the save game present on my external HDD is from waaaaaay back when I got lazy the first time... which means that it's a save from the military base. But not to worry! I'll just hunker down and play through all of the boring stages until I reach the point where we left off.

Canus

Savant
Sceptic said:
ironyuri said:

Hey I was the one who bumped this thread in order to high light the never ending shame it has caused SV. Clearly all the credit is mine.Although I would be open to some sort of triumvirate credit sharing option. :M

ironyuri

What's wrong, Ess Vee? Too faggy for updatan'?

Why do Christians lie?

ironyuri said:
What's wrong, Ess Vee? Too faggy for updatan'?

Why do Christians lie?

I'm an atheist. :smug:

I've played Prisoner of Ice on my spare time, and I'm almost at point where I left off. And I don't have a lot of spare time now a days.

PS. Not only that, but I've also been trying to remember how to solve the damnable puzzles. Pixel-sized needles. Etc.

:x

ironyuri

More Prisoner of Ice, less excuses. :M

You know, I should probably start with some truthz and less bullshitz... I have never actually bothered to read this LP. I just want updatan to keep me amused on Saturdays at work (Yes, I work weekends). So uhh... I guess yeh. Maybe I'll try to read your LP before you update it?

Giving me a special tag would surely be the cruelest of fates to bestow upon me. Woe and calamity!

At any rate, I'm almost done with the RAF base now, which means that I just have to clear our Buneos Aires (or however you spell it) before I'm at the point where we left off.

KickAss

Augur
What? You're not LPing from the beginning?
I mean Prisoner of Ice <> frog in an ice cube...

Edit: yay, from what ive seen so far only update 1 is froggy

Drakron

Arcane
Its not just update 1 that is frozen frog but every single image that is hosted by that shitty image hosting site, Iimageshack.

You are aware of the fact that there is a solution to that problem, yes? I was going to re-upload this entire LP at one point, but I was talked out of it because the solution to this problem is so deceptively simple that... well, it's simple. Go do that.

dextermorgan

Arcane
Giving me a special tag would surely be the cruelest of fates to bestow upon me.
Oh, but to the contrary! One must be attractive in order to be a cocktease, is it not true? Think of it as a backhanded compliment.

:smug:

Besides, isn't a custom tag a badge of honor of sorts around here?

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
Heh, this game took longer to get running properly than to actually finish it.

Grab the CD rip from emuparadise.me, mount the folder as cdrom in dosbox, mount another folder as c (game creates a save folder and cfg there), play
I'm not sure if you know, that:
1) There is a Win95 version
2) There is a Sega Saturn version which seems to be better than PC version in every way, esxcept it's consolish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom