Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's play Quest for Glory!

Vibalist

Arcane
Is that really enough to make it mediocre? To call it the Mask of Eternity of the series is like saying the game abandoned everything the four previous games stood for, which I hardly think is the case. It's not like the game just pulled a complete genre-switch and turned into an action game. It managed to maintain the "qfg-feel" pretty well, if nothing else.

But yeah, the combat sucked.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Is that really enough to make it mediocre?
Yes. There was almost nothing particularly good about this game. Nothing particularly bad either, but that's what mediocre means.
To call it the Mask of Eternity of the series is like saying the game abandoned everything the four previous games stood for, which I hardly think is the case. It's not like the game just pulled a complete genre-switch and turned into an action game. It managed to maintain the "qfg-feel" pretty well, if nothing else.
It didn't. The characters and the setting tricked you, and nostalgia did the rest of the job. Dragon Fire is very action-heavy. Liberating those villages and venturing into Hades were the worst offenders.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Sorry folks, new academic year has started (Religious studies are fun!) and I've been busy adjusting to the new schedule. I'm planning to do the next update on Thursday. From then on, new updates will be appearing on the weekly basis.

DiverNB

Liturgist
Don't listen to Andy...we need updates NOW!

But seriously, I'm glad this is coming back!

Vibalist

Arcane
Seeing this thread discontinued makes me sad indeed. Any particular reason you stopped, Lestat?

Luzur

Good Sir
Callaxes said:
I don't remember, but was this in QfG 4?

screenshot1327-2.jpg

hohoho i remember that lady...and what she really is.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Abandonware is abandoned for now, I'm afraid. I'm just too busy with my studies at the moment to be able to run a decent LP. I hope I'll be able to continue at July/August, but I don't want to make any false promises, so consider this thread dead. Sorry for any disappointments I may have caused.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom