Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Let's Play Septerra Core: Part 9 - Armageddon

So we are back once again to LP Septerra Core. Last time, we left off right after we acquired free travel. By the way, I lied, we won't be going to Shell 1 just yet. Anyway, while we're still in Shell 6, we land in this little bush.
01.png

There's minor treasure to collect in every hidden area.

Open the chest.
02.png

TouchStone is a special charm that can only be equipped by Maya. It increases the experience gained by what, 5%? I'm not exactly sure. Better than nothing.

Next, we head back to Shell 2.
1.png

Here you have a really awesome world map of the world map.

Our second hidden area.
2.png

ENTER!

We encounter a teenage ghost.
3.png

Maya is a little bit creeped out.

We carefully go around the field.
4.png

If we run straight toward the well, the ghost would disappear. So we have to follow the fence to avoid scaring him away.

We camp next to the well. As the ghost runs for it, Maya steps in.
5.png

6.png

And we get this as a result. It offer protection against undead. A more powerful version than the one we got earlier. Pretty useless to be honest. We can always use healing items on undead enemies.

Return to the Outlaw Canyon.
7.png

CLICK!

Selina can open this door.
8.png

CLICK!
Selina.jpg
: This is the secret entrance to a Bounty Hunter Hideout. I hired several from here for the invasion of Wind City.
BountyHunter2.jpg
: Selina? How did you get in here? We did your job, now leave us alone! You'll get none of our loot!
Selina.jpg
: We don't want to fight-

No level scaling, no complaint from us.
9.png

Lockpurse makes us harder to steal from. The Armstrong Seal is a quest item that we'll use in Armstrong. That was hard to figure out.

Also we go back to the place where we confronted Tori.
10.png

Our seventh bird. Three more to go. What does that mean? That means we are more than 70% complete with the game.

Down to Shell 3. We take Selina and Corgan along.
11.png

CLICK!

We got to the alter and this thing is summoned.
12.png

Nasty dude, but we can use the cornicopia on it to cause 500 damage.

BOOM!
13.png

Yeah, very very OP. Without it, we probably wouldn't be able to defeat this Draxx.

The seal is then returned to where it belongs.
14.png

Selina.jpg
: I hope that this is a first step toward reconciling our differences, Corgan.
Corgan.jpg
: I misjudged you Selina. I may not like you, but I'll respect your sword as it walks by my side from his day forward.
Selina.jpg
: Perhaps in time, this town will flourish once again.

Now Corgan and Selina won't attack each other randomly during combat. Who knows, maybe their "relationship" will keep on improving... Now off we go to Shell 4, World Bazaar!
15.png

There is a little hidden area here.

A chest in the center.
16.png

And it opens once all the yellow lightbulbs are turned off.

Loot.
17.png

Enkidubell increases core by percent. So this is going to be more powerful later when we have massive amount of core. Now, let's stick with the +5 Core items.

Shell 4 is done.
18.png

Nothing to be had in Shell 7. Next destination: Shell 5.

We are going to resolve the conflict between Led and Lobo now.
19.png

To the Jinam battleship.

With Lobo in our party, we can pass through this door.
20.png

Maya.jpg
: Can you open it?
Lobo.jpg
: I think so.

Something is buried there among the corpses.
21.png

22.png

This will be useful LATER ON.

Remember the Jinam Medical Computer?
23.png

CLICK!
Lobo.jpg
: Ah-ha, I can download some info from this.
Lobo.jpg
: Interesting. I downloaded a cure for the Plague that the Jinam forces used against the Ankaran's. I can use that to heal anyone afflicted by it.

Now we go to the Ankaran city of Gregor and bring the cure to the citizens...

Actually, I lied again. The NPC hasn't spawned yet. So Led and Lobo can kill each other for all I care. We'll come back for this later.

Our last stop is the Ankaran Base. We bring Grubb and Led along. Some of you might know where I'm going with this...
24.png

CLICK ONE MORE TIME!

Double trouble!
25.png

Hmm... click?
Grubb.jpg
: Hey Led, give me a hand with this door.
Led.jpg
: It won't stay open forever.
Maya.jpg
: Let's go.

It seems like everybody had deserted the Ankaran Base.
26.png

Off she goes to look for survivors.

Leaving Led and Grubb alone by themselves.
27.png

Grubb.jpg
: What? Hey, there's some cool stuff stashed here. Looks like some cool gadgets.

Two pirates ambush Led. Another pirate runs for the gadget!
28.png

Grubb.jpg
: But the Pirates are taking the gadget!

This, ladies and gentlemen, is our first CHOICE AND CONSEQUENCES in the game!
29.png

We can help Led and complete the romance.

Or we can choose the item over the chick.
30.png

Me.jpg
: This is an easy decision, it seems like. Let's...

Suddenly, the earth trembles, as if the entire earth is collapsing. The vibration is so intense and ferocious, I fall to the floor as a result. Then, a massive meteor crashes into the sanctuary building, creating a deafening thud. The tremendous impact of the unknown object, ignites a devastating explosion, clouding my eyes momentarily. I am completely stunned.

Me.jpg
: What the!?

As the destruction calms, I recollect myself, and my vision slowly returns. Along with my sight, come my other sensory capabilities. Finally, the dust is settled and the smoke is cleared. The next thing I know, I am face to face with this magnificent figure.
Tyrael.jpg

Me.jpg
: ... Tyrael?
Tyrael.jpg
: Yes, it is I...

The voice is dauntingly familiar. This soft yet feminine, somewhat faggotic, tone of his reminds me of one very important person. However, the concussive impact caused by the eruption, made me temporarily feebleminded. The unknown enigma stands up, and the darkness under his hood begins to fade. Little by little, the black mist diminishes, and the figure's true identity, is at long last revealed.
MCAngel.jpg

Me.jpg
: IT'S! IT'S...
MCAngel.jpg
: Yes, it is I, The Arch-MCAngel, Chris Avellonerael. I have been watching your progress with great interest. Even though I have vowed to never interfere in the business of mankind for all eternity, this one occasion however, I must make an exception of.
Me.jpg
: But can you at least tell me what the fuck is going on?
MCAngel.jpg
: Very well. Now listen, you, as the representative of the empire of Codexia here in this world, have a duty, a pledge to, no matter the consequences, oppose the ever growing corruption and perversion in the current world of RPG gaming.
MCAngel.jpg
: The Codexia Empire is the last surviving order of gamers, who refuse to yield to the malignant atrocities such as level scaling, romance, dragons, the Japs, and other abominations. By labeling yourself as a member, you have swore an oath to be the protector of true RPGs, whenever the situation requires. Now is the time.
Me.jpg
: Before we get into that, you need to answer me this. Where did you get that Tyrael costume?
MCAngel.jpg
: Oh this? I got this from the Nexus. A place you don't want to go. It's full of riffraffs, n'wahs, and dovahkiins.
Me.jpg
: I'm just glad that you took this armor instead of something else. You in one of those anime bikinis would definitely give me horrible nightmares.
MCAngel.jpg
: Of course. Well, ah, actually I wouldn't mind. Anyway, I need your help.
Me.jpg
: I'll do anything for PST2, MCAngel. What needs to be accomplished?
MCAngel.jpg
: Grubb is currently faced with a difficult decision. On one hand, you have Led. On the other, you have a seemingly useless "gadget." Choose the gadget, and the world of RPG is saved.
Me.jpg
: But choosing Led gives us a better reward!
MCAngel.jpg
: Reward!? So that you get to fap? Is that what you classify as reward? Do you not understand? We cannot give in to this romance bullshit! Once you walk your first step, there's no turning back, no chance of redemption! You must save Codexia from this abomination!
Me.jpg
: I could be ruining what seems to be a healthy relationship here...
MCAngel.jpg
: This is not Bioware, damn it! You don't always end up with all the rewards by white knighting! Remember, all REAL choices have REAL consequences. The gadget could very well be the most powerful item in the game, and you are just going to let that slip? For that chick?
MCAngel.jpg
: Sacrifices must be made sometimes. This popamole must not come to pass. To hell with this "damsel in distress" idiocy.

In the heat of this conversation, an earthquake, all of a sudden, similar to that of the previous one, strikes the land.

Me.jpg
: What is this?
MCAngel.jpg
: Oh no. There's no time to waste. We must act before he arrives. YOU MUST-

As MCAngel panics, a black hole appears on the ground, and a giant monster rises from the abyss. The land calms yet again, and the monster is...
DiabloGaider.jpg

DIABLO GAIDER!
MCAngel.jpg
: NO! He is here!
DiabloGaider.jpg
: MCAngel, this is rather foolish of you. You think you can sway a denizen of Codexia into doing your dirty work, without my divine intervention? Maybe I should remind you, the Codexians don't even like you.
DiabloGaider.jpg
: I am the person they love. They worship ME, for raising the measuring stick of RPG games to whole new level, never before imagined. They just had a 40 page discussion on the upcoming Mass Effect game.
DiabloGaider.jpg
: While you, I believe you are also known as Mr "One-Trick-Phony," am I correct? How many threads are about your games, or should I say, that ONE game that didn't completely suck?
MCAngel.jpg
: WHAT? 40 fucking page? Are you kidding me?
Me.jpg
: Well, it's, ahh, true, you know. But he's missing form. It's actually 45 page, and still going strong might I add.
MCAngel.jpg
: :rage:
MCAngel.jpg
: DAMNATION! Diablo, do you realize the significance of the crimes you have committed? You have destroyed the very foundation that true RPG developers like myself have built. You have urinated on everything we stand for! You are a disgrace to this industry!
DiabloGaider.jpg
: Says someone whose company went out of business. Black Isle was overrated anyway. Bethesda's Fallout 3 is a much better game than anything Black Isle had ever come up with. It is survival of the fittest, so obviously Black Isle wasn't making good games.
DiabloGaider.jpg
: And you, MCAngel, you should face the facts. The reality is, people are sick of New Reno and the "Nature of a man" pseudo philosophy bullshit. They want ROMANCE! Gay Shepard, Jersey Shore, and dragons!
DiabloGaider.jpg
: Bioware is the present and future of roleplaying games. My Mass Effect and Dragon Age series are the greatest games in the world, games that people would continue to talk about and cherish for centuries. The popularity is unquestionable. Statistics don't lie.
DiabloGaider.jpg
: Speaking of which, maybe you should ask your friend over there. Codexia, in fact, is one of the, if not THE biggest, fansite of mine.
MCAngel.jpg
: Is what he says true?
Me.jpg
: Ahh, well, kind of. I mean, quite a lot of us did play his games, and some of us even played more than once. There are several in particular think these games are the best thing since sliced bread. Then there's that 45 page thread.
MCAngel.jpg
: :retarded:
MCAngel.jpg
: ENOUGH! Diablo! I have had it with your nonsense! I will fight you to death! CL, side with me, and together, we shall vanquish this heretic once and for all!
DiabloGaider.jpg
: You fool! What makes you think he would do that? "What can change the nature of a man?" NOTHING! But the real question is... What exactly is the nature of a man? Why fight the very human nature embedded in your veins?
DiabloGaider.jpg
: Instead, you should embrace it! Let it consume you. Join me, CL. Because you know deep down, you enjoy watching cinematics. You enjoy the romance. Deep in the very core of your heart, you know...
MCAngel.jpg
: Don't listen to him!
DiabloGaider.jpg
: You know... YOU WANT TO BE A DRAGON!
Me.jpg
: :?
MCAngel.jpg
: You dare to hypnotize him? Take this, bitch!

MCAngel is irate, and throws his sword at Diablo as if it's a boomerang. The edge of the sword slashes the surface of one of Diablo's arm and then lands right back in MCAngel's grip. Diablo takes very little damage from the attack, but it disrupts his hypnotize spell apparently.

DiabloGaider.jpg
: AHHHHH! HOW DARE YOU!
MCAngel.jpg
: Help me defeat this demon, CL. Help me, and I shall bring salvation to the world of RPG!
DiabloGaider.jpg
: No! Help me defeat this delusional bastard! Romance is superior to choice and consequences, and you know it in your heart.
Me.jpg
: Ahhhh...
MCAngel.jpg
: Do you remember Planescape Torment? You cannot abandon the glorious memories now! I promise you, in the future, you'll see a game as good as Torment. Anytime in the future, I can remake history once again!
DiabloGaider.jpg
: Choose the romance, and you end up with both the girl AND the item! All choices lead to the same consequences! Such is the nature of a true RPG game! Not even MCAngel can change it. Join me! Don't fight your basic instinct! EMBRACE IT!
MCAngel.jpg
: No! Don't fall for it! Join me!
Me.jpg
: I...

Turn to the Codex for advice! Should we align with MCAngel? Or Diablo Gaider?
31.png

Who should we join?

We have two options here.

A.) The Super Duper Obviously Good Decision. Align with MCAngel and fight Diablo. Oppose the mainstream popamole. Grubb takes the gadget, and to hell with Led.

B.) The Super Duper Obviously Evil Decision. Align with Diablo and fight MCAngel. Embrace our inner affection for mainstream popamole. Grubb helps Led and becomes a white knight.

The Codex guides my blade.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
:lol: Great stuff.

You don't really give us a choice, though, do you? Naturally, I vote A!

This will be giving me nightmares now. :P

DiabloGaider.jpg
: Choose the romance, and you end up with both the girl AND the item! All choices lead to the same consequences!

So evil. :P

ironyuri

I choose B. Help Led, be a white knight. :O

It's the option I chose in my game. :OOOO

don't judge me bros

CrazyLoon

Prophet
Let's Play Septerra Core: Part 10 - FOR THE EMPRAH!

Last time on Let's Play Septerra Core...
31.png

The decision has been made.
Me.jpg
: I...
MCAngel.jpg
: CHOOSE ME!
DiabloGaider.jpg
: No! I'm the one!
Me.jpg
: You know, Diablo Gaider, do you own a dairy farm? You are so full of bullshit, it's unbelievable.
DiabloGaider.jpg
: What!? How the...
MCAngel.jpg
: :yeah:
Me.jpg
: I made my decision. I hereby declare that, in the name of the collective Codexian hivemind, my allegiance has and always will, lie with the one and true hero of RPG, MCAngel.
DiabloGaider.jpg
: NOOOOOOOO! YOU CAN'T DO THIS!
MCAngel.jpg
: Time to meet your maker, asshole!

With the spiritual support of all Codexian citizens, MCAngel's sword is enchanted with a +5 bonus. He lunges toward Diablo, stabbing the demon with the point of his magical sword. The sword pierces through the sternum of the demon completely, doing critical damage. Diablo is gutted like a fish.

DiabloGaider.jpg
: YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME! AHHHHHHHH! *DIES*
Me.jpg
: :mca:
MCAngel.jpg
: It is done... I thank you friend, for coming to my aid. By destroying this demon, you have done the RPG world a great service, and for that, I salute you.
MCAngel.jpg
: Now that this situation is resolved, I must go back to the heavens to attend to my other duties. Good luck...
Me.jpg
: Wait! Does that mean we'll finally see a game as good as Torment? You said you promised?
MCAngel.jpg
: Well... ahh... in case, hmmm, you forgot... I, ah, work for... Obsidian Entertainment...
Me.jpg
: :hmmm:
MCAngel.jpg
: So ahh...
Me.jpg
: :hmmm:
MCAngel.jpg
: That only means one thing! Alpha Protocol! I still don't understand you haters. I think it's actually better than Torment.
Me.jpg
: :what:
MCAngel.jpg
: What? Oh, I get it. One Alpha Protocol is not enough? Who cares about a Torment sequel! I'll make another Alpha Protocol just for you Codexians! Farewell!
Me.jpg

And with that said, MCAngel ascends back to the heavens where he will continue to work on his upcoming Alpha Protocol sequel. Back in the Ankaran command center...

Grubb.jpg
: What's up, boss?
Me.jpg
: Sigh, just get the damn gadget.
Grubb.jpg
: If you say so.

So Grubb chooses the gadget, which means Led has to defend herself.
1.png

Luckily, she's strong enough to protect herself from the rape attempt.

Grubb is one happy dude. Led, on the other hand, is furious.
2.png

Grubb.jpg
: Check it out! What a find.
Led.jpg
: You went after that thing instead of helping me?
Grubb.jpg
: What? What's wrong!
Led.jpg
: Just drop it, nothing's wrong.
Maya.jpg
: Are you guys ready to go?
Grubb.jpg
: You bet!
Me.jpg
: Let's hope this is worth it. Good thing Grubb seems to be pretty satisfied.

This is the gadget.
3.png

Shouldn't be too bad right? Considering the consequences, since we're missing out on the Grubb/Led Love attack combos. I wish there's more choices like this in the game. A lot of wasted potential.

Suddenly, a man approaches. It just keeps getting better. IT IS THE ONE AND ONLY...
DeckardTimCain.jpg

Me.jpg
: Oh wow! Deckard "Tim" Cain, you've lost weight!
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: I used to be fat, but then I took an enormous dump. Anyway, stay awhile and listen.
Me.jpg
: I can always spare a moment for good men like you. What's going on?
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: You have quite a treasure there in that gadget you have just acquired. As the last surviving member of the Troikadrim, I will identify items for you at no charge.
Me.jpg
: Thanks bro. Here you go.
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: According to the Troikadrim lore, this item is... hmmm interesting... it's... hm...
Me.jpg
: Well?
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: It's shit.
Me.jpg
: ... So not only did we not end up with the girl, we wasted our efforts on a piece of rubbish?
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: Precisely, but you should understand, the righteous path is not always an easy path to follow. Don't let minor setbacks like this affect you, young man.
Me.jpg
: Yeah, I guess. What else could I have done?
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: Exactly. Well, now that my duties here are completed, I must depart now if you will excuse me.
Me.jpg
: But Tim, now that MCAngel has fallen to the ah, shit side, what about you? Are you still with us? Arcanum 2? It's going to happen, right? I can feel the electricity!
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: Have you been smoking those funny cigarettes? I too work for Obsidian Entertainment.
Me.jpg
: WHAT!?
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: I'm already working on my next project. Look out for it in the future. It's going to be a great Obsidian game.
Me.jpg
: Brilliant, more Obshitian games. This time with a vengeance! I'm going to need several gallons of pesticide to kill all those bugs. And a lot of aspirin to numb the pain from excessive face palming.
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: "Bugs" is a rather harsh word to use. I prefer "unintentional features." As demonstrated in my Arcanum masterpiece, these features can create an excellent combat system. Don't you just love having your entire party hacked into pieces before you even realize it?
Me.jpg
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: But don't you worry! Now that MCAngel and I, Deckard "Tim" Cain, have united and ah, we are practically married, Obsidian Entertainment is stronger than ever! It is only a matter of time before the world of RPG regains its former prestigious glory...
Me.jpg
: With what? Yet another typical, bugged Obshitian game?
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: What? This is not just any typical game goddammit! This is South Park The RPG for Christ's sake!
Me.jpg
: SOUTH PARK? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: Hey, don't get mad. South Park sure as hell is a better setting than say, post apocalyptic California. Miles better!
Me.jpg
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: MCAngel and I have been contemplating this secret project for years! Now the wheels are finally in motion. You are going to LOVE this, I guarantee you.
Me.jpg
: ...
DeckardTimCain.jpg
: I have to go now. Oh, by the way, Alpha Protocol is an excellent game. It should keep you well occupied until our South Park RPG comes out. Take care, my friend. Bye!
Me.jpg

vader.jpg

Anyway, back to our main quest.
10.png

Let's go to the Chosen Capitol in Shell 1.

And it reminds me of...
imperial-city.jpg

This can't possibly be good.

And as usual, we are late to the party once again.
11.png

The plan is to, 1.) Get the key from West District. 2.) Use the key in East District, get another key 3.) Use the second key, find Gunnar.

And we're through.
31.png

ChosenSoldier1.jpg
: Gunnar has been looking for you! Come with us...

Finally...
32.png

Maya.jpg
: What?! He's attacking his own people?
Gunnar.jpg
: Doskias has grown tired of the Emperor's meddling.
Maya.jpg
: So we were successful in stopping Doskias' Lenses?
Gunnar.jpg
: Partly. Enough light was brought into the Core to upset the balance of the world. The Core is unstable, the rotation of the world shells has been sped up.
Maya.jpg
: What does that mean?
Gunnar.jpg
: Calculations place the next conjunction to within weeks.
Maya.jpg
: Weeks? What happened to years?
Gunnar.jpg
: Because Doskias has interfered with the natural course of things, the intricate clockwork of the planet has been upset. The next conjunction will be our last. Afterwards, the planet will continue to speed up its rotation, faster and faster, until we are all destroyed...
Maya.jpg
: There's gotta be something we can do to stop it!!!
Gunnar.jpg
: Aye, there is. Doskias has the Keys that Marduk hid so long ago. You must retrieve them from the Heretic, and, at the time of the next conjunction, use them to obtain the power of the Core for yourself. Use that fabled power to save the world from its doom, as Marduk Prophesized!
Maya.jpg
: You don't sound like you're going to help.
Gunnar.jpg
: I was charged with protecting the Keys, and I let them fall into Doskias' hands. I must confront him personally; and I will end his plan by ending his life.
Maya.jpg
: Where can I find these Keys?
Gunnar.jpg
: Doskias has them guarded by his advisors, the Magi.
Maya.jpg
: I think I've run into them before.
Gunnar.jpg
: Then you know their power. They have been dispatched to assassinate the Emperor, and are on their way as we speak. Protect the Emperor and retrieve the Artifacts.
ChosenSoldier1.jpg
: Lord Gunnar, the Imperial Fleet begins its final assault.
Gunnar.jpg
: My guards will show you a secret way into the Palace. Good luck!

Again, we are left in some strange dungeon.
33.png

Let's go to the first entrance to the left, which also happens to be unlocked.

This is the secret palace.
34.png

Hmmm, doesn't look too bad.

Actually, ahhh...
LA101.jpg

:what:

:hmmm:

:rage:

:x

That's it! I'm done.

Redshirt #42

Augur
Back then when no internet was available, this part literally took me months to figure out. The earplugs would protect us from the sonic noise generated by whatever lies within.
I shared your pain bro.

Great LP, by the way. I randomly clicked here half an hour ago only to read the entire LP so far in one session.

Harold

Arcane
You should do a switch count to make this even more fun. How many switches does the player have to pull by the end to finish Septerra?

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was just thinking about playing Septerra Core again, when I stumbled over this LP.
At my first try my computer was already not good enough to play it. I played it again
on the next rigs I had, but never finished it. Lost saves, got annoyed, lost saves again.
It was always fun to start it. Filler combat, there are distant memories.

This LP must be completed, there are countless souls that will cry and suffer in
agony, installing this game again, in the search for closure, utterly failing, and
being ensnared in trying. Again. And again. again...

Drakron

Arcane
Bumping a old tread but that choice is a non-choice because its either a item or their combination attack, the item can be replaced as the combination attack cannot.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I replayed this game last year and have quite some screenshots left, probably enough to show the end of the story but obviously skipping all the trash combat and pulling of levers in dungeons.

Should I finish this?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
11 - Chosen Palace

pVjzRS5.jpg

OK, so we are inside the palace of the Chosen. It's a huge dungeon and the task here is to find specific keys to open coloured doors, all the while fighting off hordes of ninjas that can cloak and poison Maya and party members.

We'll skip all that shit all the way to the boss fights. I use different party, Grubb and Selina.

eeazQGQ.jpg

iD8Qgt7.png
Ahh, I know you... Come to play pawn to Gunnar and the Emperor have you?

VuSUawR.png
What ARE you?

iD8Qgt7.png
I am all powerful, girl. I and my brothers are sacred Magi, raised and sculpted to be the fates of the savior, Doskias!

VuSUawR.png
Doskias is no savior, he's a destroyer!

Anyway, there's a battle and we beat the schmuck into a pulp.

lgGTc2X.jpg

One down, to more to go.

After many hours of trash combat we find the second Magi. Again, battle is unavoidable.

f1FgcIh.jpg

8Q7r2YS.jpg

3nbtXUA.jpg

And finally, the last of the Magi.

ltrDbxR.jpg

There are really no special tactics to use in these battles, we win by repeatedly summoning Marduk on their asses.

xxkq83d.jpg

1E5n8hk.jpg

After the three Magi are defeated, a cutscene starts starring the main bad, Doskias.

UifWgTr.jpg

XqZ0nOa.jpg

YWbhLyE.png
Let him enter!

bo82eSd.png
I defeated you once, Doskias... I can do it again.

YWbhLyE.png
Don't be so sure, Gunnar. Do you recognize my weapon?

bo82eSd.png
It can't be... Gemma's Blade?

YWbhLyE.png
I've been doing a little archaelology... Gemma's Blade, forged in hellfires and used against Marduk himself!

bo82eSd.png
Now I know you to be a heretic! You claim to follow Marduk, but you do Gemma's Work!

Shit just got real.

tVVn3Nu.jpg

bo82eSd.png
You're mad!

Now Doskias cuts down Gunnar in one hit.

BR8rXDt.jpg

Now a new cutscene starts, showing the final moments of the Emprah.

51txzFk.jpg

O2HV6xv.png
Father, the city is in ruins... We must escape!

hRxg3Wm.png
No... I must stay and confront Doskias with honor.

O2HV6xv.png
Would he do the same for you?

hRxg3Wm.png
Take this and keep it safe.

O2HV6xv.png
The Imperial Seal?

hRxg3Wm.png
It is proof of your bloodline. One day you will use it and reclaim the throne from the Heretic.

O2HV6xv.png
I won't leave you here to die!

hRxg3Wm.png
Go! If we both die, our bloodlines ends today. Go...

O2HV6xv.png
Goodbye, father.

After Alisa leaves, the Three Magi enter to deal with the Emperor.

MW7s8Rr.jpg

2PqO2tK.jpg

They cast a spell and the Emperor is thrown down a shaft.

dgHFa8j.jpg

Vgvzhg4.jpg

Just as they finish their work, Maya and her friends enter the throne room.

3XXzmmh.jpg

gjWX6OZ.jpg

We need to fight them all at once; after their defeat, they drop one of the Keys of Marduk.

ImhHuY6.jpg

However, soldiers arrive...

R391Lxe.jpg

VuSUawR.png
Shoot, Doskias' forces... We're trapped... Unless we jump...

sa8f2EN.jpg

They jump down the shaft where they find the broken body of the Emperor... and get out.

III9Tmy.jpg

EI41xAj.jpg

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Excellent.
Game have enough content apart from combat that make no worries about that.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
12 - Intermezzo

After beating the three Magi, we have two new cards in our possession.

Sp3JQvM.png

Law, which allows us to summon Marduk combined with Summon card.

zXPg1xY.png

Slow, useless for now.

Anyway, remember how Lobo downloaded a cure for the Jinam plague? It's time to put this to use.

We return to Gregor on Shell 5 and find it overrun with pirates.

H0EbTnN.png

We let Lobo talk to a certain NPC.

4aCRjm2.png

doFoozW.png
You suffer from the plague?

9Ljf6sz.png
We all do...

doFoozW.png
I have an antidote for it.

9Ljf6sz.png
Ah, thank you! Can you heal my friends?

doFoozW.png
Sure, everyone line up...

6X35HOl.png

After Lobo heals everyone, Led shows up.

zcUmWMp.png

fegaqx4.png
What's goin' on?

VuSUawR.png
Lobo is healing everyone from the Jinam Plague.

fegaqx4.png
Thank you Lobo. You've helped to save my countrymen. I think my mother can rest in peace now, knowing that we helped to save these people that were dying from the same disease that killed her.

doFoozW.png
I have always tried to fix the wrong doings of my creators using their own ships and weapons. This is one more duty I have fulfilled.

fegaqx4.png
I'm sorry I treated you like a mindless killer, Lobo. I was wrong.

Now Led and Lobo make peace and won't attack each other anymore during combat.

To continue the main quest, we move on to the Ankaran capitol on Shell 5. It is overrun by pirates as well.

yrbIcIp.png

IK0CdYi.png

When we talk to a pirate in the northern part of the city, a fight will start.

6F7QOCW.png

3djvU1C.png

Defeating him and his cronies will grant us key to Ankaran Research Labs.

TxPTGJG.png

89u2wwM.png

Now it's time to head to the research labs.

cpzSYK0.png

WOpBZuV.png

We can open the door with research lab key.

BZukOUz.png

And another dungeon crawl awaits....

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
13 - Preparations for the Core

In Research Labs, we pick up three breather masks.

alii7Va.png

rQ2s4DR.png

Elsewhere we also find a diamond cutter.

dzSrkVL.png

fyPxDlX.png

With these items in hand, we return to Shell 7.

oc54Dbs.png

We give diamond cutter to the miner.

xowv61K.png

qzLH4rs.png
Aye, a diamond wheel. That's a sight for sore eyes.

VuSUawR.png
Can you use it?

qzLH4rs.png
You can bet yer sweet ass girl, but on what?

The miner needs another item, so we give him the Corite Lens as well.

JEPzNkV.png

Now miner goes to work with diamond cutter and we acquire Core Lens.

Otoytzl.png

VuSUawR.png
It's been made into a smooth lens.

wLKQWmv.png

GL9FLVe.png

Now we return to Mold Forest. With three breather masks in our inventory, we can now enter the southeast area which was previously inaccessible due to unbreathable air.

W8aRADE.png

9NFZu6A.png

The new area is another huge maze, we need to make our way to the southeast exit.

JehNUCS.png

OPvcCYB.png

The area we enter is the old village of the Underlost (Badu's tribe)

o0QaQk5.png

In this area, eventually after many battles, we find a peculiar item.

Jm16vZW.png

VuSUawR.png
It looks like a claw of some sort...

iWhK4MU.png

Now after backtracking a long way we return to Bone Circle Village.

cAnxFE2.png

Showing Hell God Claw to the Chief will give us a hint on what to do next.

o2Cd3dG.png
Mighty claw of Hell God. Can stand much heat, even lava!

Now we combine Hell God Claw with Core Key.

XM0GweH.png

Mffdvdy.png

We return to place in West Mountain Caverns where we previously fought a boss battle, and combine our new item with lava.

pJwx2ET.png

QRBLXBv.png

VuSUawR.png
The outer casing has been melted off, but the inside is still cool...

Now the actual Core Key is revealed.

AlCENfl.png

XL4gPxg.png

We return to Azziz on Shell 2 to show him the Key. Maybe he will know what to do next?

WSWoaqF.png

Z7GFrY4.png

aEAAujU.png
Doskias' meddling with the Core has unraveled its meticulous clockwork. By my calculations, the next conjunction has been sped up to within days.

VuSUawR.png
Lord Gunnar told me that the next conjunction would be the last.

aEAAujU.png
Without the Core regulating the flow of energy, the planet will continue to speed up its rotations until we are all destroyed. This artifact may be the key to our salvation...

aEAAujU.png
Fascinating... you see this symbol here? It means 'Wisdom' in the ancient tongue of the Creator. This relic is his. It's a Key to the Core.

VuSUawR.png
You mean God?

aEAAujU.png
Yes, this is the means to solving the problem that faces us... to set right what Doskias has set wrong. Marduk tells us that the two Keys will be used to unlock the Gift of the Creator, and that its power can be used to save the world!

VuSUawR.png
What should I do?

aEAAujU.png
You must go to the Core. Use the Keys to unlock its secrets!

VuSUawR.png
But I need both! Doskias holds the other Key.

aEAAujU.png
Both you and Doskias know that the coming conjunction is to be the last. You each have a piece of the puzzle, and you will both travel to the Core for the Conjunction. He will be awaiting you...

VuSUawR.png
Um-hmm, is this the part where we all learn to work together?

aEAAujU.png
Hardly. You must wrest the other key from him and use it to gain the Gift of the Creator. With that power... the power that Doskias himself seeks... you can save the world from its doom!

VuSUawR.png
But how do I get into the Core?

aEAAujU.png
Doskias mined the Core, did he not? That is how he found a way inside.

So it's back to Shell 7 again, now to enter the Core.

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
14 - The Core

To enter the Core, we return to the Mines area on Shell 7. There will be a new exit available.

ZwwJ344.png

QPHhuds.png

7OuFrWn.png

The Core is another big dungeon.

gnJtBqM.png

In the first area, we just need to locate switches to clear a path to the next area (yes, even here someone put switches).

IZGSbSW.png

8709HX0.png

GHQBtVu.png

In the second area, we need to find and pick up four coloured keys guarded by Draxx-like enemies.

viojTji.png

Qc4sN3b.png

First Draxx enemy is fire aligned, so we beat him by summoning the Water Elemental

U0aDQWE.png

Z8xf1zL.png

Second Draxx enemy is water aligned, so this one needs to be killed by summoning the Air Elemental

g6ZQCNh.png

5fq9ZrC.png

Third Draxx is air aligned, so the way to go is summoning the Earth Elemental

Uhmz9K8.png

hH3iZvJ.png

And finally, the final earth aligned Draxx is beaten by summoning the Fire Elemental

N1ooOfE.png

CtLjPyu.png

Now with all four keys we can open the coloured doors in the third area, find switches and clear a path to the final area.

VFOnLee.png

pmep0Gp.png

FEDFnnl.png

In the final area, we need to pull switches to move levitating blocks and build a bridge.

viqyV2K.png

VdiHN23.png

mXseTY1.png

uwSWsHl.png

eJKYWM9.png

After crossing the bridge, there is a boss fight with the Hell God.

ukld72C.png

The Hell God is fire aligned, so the fight comes down to casting Fire Barrier on everyone, and summoning the Water Elemental

zU1hBjS.png

When the Hell God is dead, he drops the Mirror card.

MYx7Lxc.png

ODy6I75.png

After pulling more switches and building another bridge, we can finally confront Doskias.

uZeJlWZ.png

YYsPJ0G.png

YWbhLyE.png
It's about time you arrived... Give me the other half of the Key.

He summons his cronies.

PILlifO.png

VuSUawR.png
Come any closer and I'll drop it into these pits...

YWbhLyE.png
Please, child, the conjunction draws near, would you really rather see the world destroyed than see me its savior? Do you want the world's blood on your hands?

VuSUawR.png
Like the blood of Oasis on YOUR hands? You destroyed my city, killed my parents and hundreds of others.

YWbhLyE.png
Oasis? A casualty of war... Take the key.

Doskias orders a guard to take the key from Maya.

VuSUawR.png
You bastard!

SOrh9sn.png
The conjunction should be reaching its climax, Lord.

YWbhLyE.png
The light of the sun is right now being focused into a beam towards the Core...

Finally, the vaunted Conjunction happens.

j0lvU8T.png

q0wudfi.png

An angel appears and declares a prophecy.

Xp7HcV4.png

aXZedt4.png

ssYt5Je.png

9u7FStz.png

YWbhLyE.png
Ultimate power in the form of a riddle?

SOrh9sn.png
My Lord, we must depart. What should we do with the prisoners?

YWbhLyE.png
Throw them into the pits, they are of no more use...

VuSUawR.png
NO!

YWbhLyE.png
Be lucky I allowed you to bask in the glory of the Conjunction, child. But now I have a world to save...

Maya gets thrown down into the pits, but of course she survives...

9oX3mAT.png

kuyJ04K.png

They run for their lives and get out of the Core in the nick of time.

E92H9zZ.png

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
15 - Giving a hand to Layla

We return to Shell 2 to report to Azziz.

W21TpQT.png

KBGGdj7.png

aEAAujU.png
Maya, the conjunction has come and gone... Were you successful?

VuSUawR.png
Doskias was there... He took the Key from me and communed with the Core.

aEAAujU.png
What happened?

VuSUawR.png
An Angel appeared, and gave us a message.

aEAAujU.png
So Doskias was granted the Kingdom of Heaven?

VuSUawR.png
No, but we were all granted a clue to find it. The angel said, "When the land shall rise and form the runes, we'll be judged and inherit the Kingdom of Heaven".

aEAAujU.png
It's a clue to obtaining the Gift of the Creator... it has to be our salvation from the doom which Doskias has wrought with his lenses. We must solve this riddle soon, before the world destroys itself...

Now we go to the Junk Heap in Oasis

6loOxsn.png

The robots now will be hostile to Maya, and we need to fight to get past them.

8YwGfFb.png

OypZlWO.png
No one may enter unless they are assigned to work duty!

VuSUawR.png
You better let me through, you tin can!

OypZlWO.png
Do not insult an officer of the people's army!

VuSUawR.png
People's army? You're not a people, and you ain't no army!

After killing the robots, we pick up a pipe and grappling hook.

KmdnbSB.png

Ge78d4Q.png

Now we return to Shell 3 to report to Layla.

RvIfIvm.png

VuSUawR.png
Doskias created giant lenses and made an artificial conjunction. But with the help of a Chosen Lord named Gunnar, we destroyed them.

fbqQuIw.png
This Chosen Lord is your ally?

VuSUawR.png
He...was... There's been civil war on the upper shell. Doskias now controls the Chosen.

fbqQuIw.png
This explains why all their ships have left, save one. We must act before they can return. But first, we must find the last of the Holy Guard.

VuSUawR.png
I'll find them. It's time we struck back at Doskias.

fbqQuIw.png
We have reports of one last group in the northern forest. The Chosen have locked off the forest gate to protect the power stations...

VuSUawR.png
Power stations?

fbqQuIw.png
Uh-huh... the great wind turbines that power the city. It may be possible to reach the forest by way of the city's reservoir, with a suitable craft. Here, take this key to the waterfront docks...

VuSUawR.png
Leave it to me...

We head to reservoir.

r2ivj9D.png

We can now open the door with Layla's key, but need a boat to cross.

ttWTfSn.png

8GaWqj0.png

3b9jHOy.png

To acquire something to cross the lake, we return to Helgak Graveyard on Shell 7.

Zstzm79.png

We use the grappling hook on a Helgak shell, and Lobo's ship will come pick it up.

tGmRWEF.png

kDME4ou.png

Now with this big Helgak shell, we can cross the water.

mg68yNx.png

G92gpsD.png

We cross the water and reach the forest. The forest has three big areas, our first task is to find the remains of the Holy Guard.

WM6mBMZ.png

As usual, there are switches to pull to move on to the next area.

7HK90DE.png

In the north eastern part of the second area, we find the Holy Guard.

s9GjKap.png

OIuRrYJ.png

t2vCLbS.png
Yrrkoon! It's me, Corgan!

4zHm2GV.png
Corgan! We feared all out brothers dead!

4zHm2GV.png
Who are you?

VuSUawR.png
Layla has sent us to find you, Bowman is dead and she gathers her forces to assault the city...

F4V75Cw.png
Layla! Hope still lives!

4zHm2GV.png
When do we start?

VuSUawR.png
When she has found the remnants of the guard, of which you are the last. What are you doing here?

4zHm2GV.png
We escaped the city during the invasion and hid here, only to find the Chosen had taken over the power stations as well.

F4V75Cw.png
We wait until the right moment to strike at the cable that connects the stations to Wind City... rendering the Chosen without power.

VuSUawR.png
But how can we sever the cable?

4zHm2GV.png
We need to focus a powerful beam at it, creating enough heat to destroy the cable. A powerful lens and light source should do it... After we accomplish this mission, we will return to Layla.

Luckily we have Lobo in the party just for this task. And we also had a Corite lens crafted before.

luFE5xe.png

We head to the power cable and let Lobo do his thing.

1QnqFsW.png

fgahb5p.png

leyTH1C.png

Pk5Gtx3.png

VuSUawR.png
That should cut the power to Wind City.

The Holy Guard guys now show up again.

KIbd3Tu.png

4zHm2GV.png
The Chosen are retreating to the City. The revolution will begin soon!

F4V75Cw.png
We must return to Layla's side.

4zHm2GV.png
Good luck to you!

VuSUawR.png
We should get back as well...

We leave the forest and report back to Layla.

a3gC4y4.png

rQJFvfm.png

fbqQuIw.png
What news?

VuSUawR.png
We cut the power to the city, the time is right to take it back.

fbqQuIw.png
Yes, it's time to strike their ship.

VuSUawR.png
Their BATTLEship?

fbqQuIw.png
Aye, it's moored above the capitol building. While the rebel Holy Guard are busy fighting the Chosen in the streets, a small party could get to the roof of the capitol building from the library, and infiltrate the ship. We could capture their General before he can use the ship against us...

VuSUawR.png
I'll volunteer to lead that force...

fbqQuIw.png
Excellent! Assemble your team and go to the university library when you're ready.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom