Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Lets Play: Shannara

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The portraits for this game will make good avatars.

Andhaira

Arcane
shannara_099-1.png

shannara_100-1.png

We go straight to Brona's keep. Allanon stays outside to watch our backs while the rest, led by Jak (who is armed with the sword of shannara now) go in to slay Brona. But first we have to deal with the shapeshifting gardner who killed Shella and who has now morphed into this hideous monster!

shannara_101-1.png

We fight but he is too powerful. Finally, our loremaster decides to perform the ultimate sacrifice, use his own death to power the elfstones enough to kill the creature!

shannara_102-1.png

The loremasters sacrifice will not be in vain as we move along. Here, our troll companion decides to stay back and protect our backs from the hordes we hear coming.

shannara_103-1.png

A trap! A cage falls from the roof to trap up, but our goblin companion manages to escape it while it was falling. He tries to betray us, but is killed by another trap! Jak and the dwarf free themselves but moving the cage forward and using another trap to destroy it.

shannara_104-1.png

shannara_106-1.png

We are getting closer to Brona. We must make our way up this statue by activating it (puzzle) Our dwarven companion broke his arm while escaping the cage earlier, and now offers to stay behind since he cannot climb the statue with one arm.

shannara_108-1.png

BRONA!! But wait...it appears even Brona is but a pawn. the true evil is the BOOK, the Ildatch! It brought brona back and is controlling him. We can hear it trying to control Jak's thoughts to, telling him to strike brona down and take his place as the new warlock lord!

shannara_109-1.png

Suddenly our slain elven loremaster returns from the dead to offer us some cryptic advice. (actually you get to see all your dead companions as they return from the spirit world to offer advice and protect you from the books influence.)

shannara_110-1.png

Jak decides to strike the book first!

shannara_112-1.png

A cutscene.

shannara_113-1.png

All is well! jak defeats Brona and the dark armies are now leaderless. they scatter to the winds. The remaining companions (Jak and the dwarf only now) reunite at the vault of the sword to place it back inside for the day it will be needed again.

shannara_111-1.png

Here is an alternate ending, if you decide to give in to the books urges and take the dark mantle upon yourself.

AND SO ENDS THIS LETS PLAY, ONE OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL IN THE HISTORY OF THE CODEX!

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hurray! I don't really follow the story, I guess I stayed behind to hold off something or other as well while the hero goes for his solo ending. But at least the dwarf made it.

Andhaira

Arcane
lol yeah mighty mouse, pretty much everyone else died save the dwarf and Jak. Shella's death though was well times; it had real emotional impact.

Turok

Erudite
What the hell, everyone die, pff shitty game.

Hey kill some npc but leave Shella alive so we can have children for god sake, why i want save the world if there will be no happiness for me? pathetic.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Man you zoomed through that, Andhaira. Did you even show when the goblin joined you, who the fuck is he?

Ah well. Nice-looking game. Weird LP.

Andhaira

Arcane
yes I showed that brother None. The goblin joins us when Jak is captured (by goblins). Jak bargains with him, telling him he will give the goblin a powerful magic item if the goblin helps him.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Well, if i remember the game correctly, Geeka was a gnome, not a goblin. and Telsek the troll also lived, along with brendel and jak.

Bah, Gnome/Gobby, they both look the same. And I am pretty sure the troll died. Not onscreen, but he remained behind to hold off a horde of monsters as we crossed a bridge or something.

Also, someone plz move this to the LP section. Would be nice to see other comments on this LP to end all LPs. Also, would be nice to get some brofists for this. ;)

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
Ahem, dear Mod who kindly moved this, this LP is finished and COMPLETE, not in progress. I should know as this is my LP ;)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom