Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play StarDrive - StarDrive Closed Beta keys

anus_pounder

Arcane
10_1_Drayloks_Stats.png
MAJESTIC!

:x You stole my joke!

Also, shouldn't this be in the strategy forum ? Not that I mind, how many people actually read the strat forum nowadays anyway.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Yep, also the title should be changed, who should I call from the depths of the codex to make the required modifications?

tiagocc0

Arcane
Alright, it's time! Bow before the might Drayloks!

I started with the same tech, to improve production, then to get some more money and lastly we can improve our ships.
11_1_LetsResearchBoy.png

Seems every production in stock can be used to rush things. Making several scouts.

11_2_MakingScouts_Rush.png

This time I will make two spies and let them train twice before they go sitting their fat asses to defend us.

11_3_LetsTrySomeSpies.png

Found some good planets, so I click colonize on a planet I like and when I produce a colony ship it will automatically head there, so I can select multiple planets.

11_4_LetsColonize.png

Found those furry, right at the start I made a trade and non-aggression treaty. Nice.

11_5_TradeAndNonAggresion.png

My first colony, seems a lot better than my first colony from the last game!

11_6_MyFirstColony.png

Found more aliens, this one I just made trade treaty, still nice.

11_7_Trade.png

Another sucker that made a trade and non-aggression treaty. Beautiful.

11_8_TradeAndNonAggresion.png

I told my planet to hold on research and make a bunch of colony ships.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Just learned about projectors. Inside your area of influence it seems the warp won't drain your ship's power and with some techs can even increase it's speed.
So projectors act like colonies by increasing your area of influence.
12_1_Projectors.png

There is a whole lot of buttons near the minimap that I thought were to change the minimap view, you there is a planet list, ship list, fleet list, build (to build projectors) and ai button so you can toggle what you want automated.
12_2_AI.png

Constructors are used to build projectors, looks like they are consumed when used.
Transports get your population from planets with high population and transports them to planets with low population since high population planets grow much faster.
12_3_Costructors_Transports.png

Look at my great empire, isn't it beautiful?
12_4_EmpireGrowing.png

I didn't pay the pirates this time either, looks like this time they will keep their promise and crush me, damn, I have no fleet.
12_5_DamnPirates.png

I just rush lots of fighters, it's all I can build, I stopped research to build colony ships..
12_6_LotsOfFighters.png

Oh, the drama!

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
So looks like a mix of MoO (good) and GalCiv (awful). Planet managements screen is almost exactly a copy of GalCiv. Techs also look... generic. Like the art direction tho, pretty. Still I predict its going to suck based on how generic it is and how similar it is to GalCiv.

tiagocc0

Arcane
So they come, two ships doesn't seem so tough but a ship is named Corsair and has tons of shield.
13_1_SoTheyCome.png

And they all died, my fighters I mean. It seems I die rather quickly in this game.
But wait, they are not killing my home planet, it seems they are just destroying every ship that comes near my planet. Damn.
13_2_SoLongFighters.png

So I started to research to get those missiles and a better fighter. It took a long time, I had to stop all automation because even without a governor the AI tried to build ships on my homeplanet, they would leave the planet and get squashed right after.
But even after toggling off all automation it seems the AI is still trying to build colony ships on my home planet.
So I designed a heavy fighter with tons of missiles, a medium power core, full of engines and no warp engine, I just want to get rid of those pirates.
I had to use two conduits and I put some small ordinance too so the ship has lot of missiles to shoot before dying in a glorious fire ball.
13_3_FighterFullOfMissiles.png

Yeah baby, I'm starting to scratch that m*f*. But their big ship is still there untouched.
14_4_YeahBaby.png
I had to release several ships to get a chance, if I release just one at a time they get killed before they can do anything, so I set to store production and I have lots of money (I'm trading with all races).
When I have my warehouse full of production I'm going to release a fleet of heavy fighter on them and see what happens.
If this doesn't work then I will have to research a bigger ship, a frigate and put those missiles there.

tiagocc0

Arcane
So looks like a mix of MoO (good) and GalCiv (awful). Planet managements screen is almost exactly a copy of GalCiv. Techs also look... generic. Like the art direction tho, pretty. Still I predict its going to suck based on how generic it is and how similar it is to GalCiv.
It is also very similar to Distant World, even more because both are realtime.
If they are able to advance past the this generic feeling I think we might have something here.

anus_pounder

Arcane
"Joffrey Henry" A very alien name. :salute:

Seems a bit generic as you two pointed out, but lets see. In any case I'm so starved for anything to play that I might just end up buying this either way.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Even as a beta, it is still very interesting for me.

I think that ancient ship comes with that race that killed me before, if so my next game will be with them to check this out.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Gotcha! Corsair down!
14_1_PlanWorked.png

Let's try to incite a revolt on the pollops. Actually it succeed later but it's not worth, with the same amount of money I could steal a tech.
15_2_SpiesTrainedLetsTryARevolt.png

Pollops wants open border, okay..
15_3_TheyWantOpenBorders.png

Those furries colonized a planet in my home system and it does not look good, not good at all! Hide the kids folks!
15_4_DamnFurries.png

While I'm researching I'm training lots of spies and trying to get some techs.
15_5_WhileResearchISpy.png
But it's not working. They found out and now are angry.
15_6_OpsFound.png
I must tell that I don't like games that rely so much on spying, even with all those I still got my tech stolen.. oh gosh..
15_7_SoManySpies.png
One more to the angry list.
15_8_FoundAgain.png
War? War never changes, time to build a fleet. I'm almost done with the frigate research.
15_9_TimeToBuildAFleet.png

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Dunno, I kinda like the fact that it's realtime, I've heard good things about Distant Worlds but never got around to try it, I guess the UI scared me. This looks like a more approachable game.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Yeah, this doesn't seems so overwhelming as distant worlds.
I guess it appeals to different public I guess, I quite liked Eador: Genesis, I would like to see a game like that in space.

tiagocc0

Arcane
So now I can build frigates!
15_1_Frigates.png

Let's put lot of missiles on it.
15_2_FullOfMissiles.png

So I tried asking for peace just to see what happens and.. they accepted? Peace, peace never changes!
15_3_PeaceNeverChanges.png

So they started to attack the furries instead.
15_4_AttackingTheFurries.png

I just learned that level 10 is the max for spies, but they do let you spend money to send them training again.
Let's put those spies to good use, let's steal some techs from the furries since they are losing the war.
15_5_MaxIsLevel10.png

So they took a planet from the furries and now they made war with me again.
It seems that the planet they took is inside my system and they didn't like my war ships that are on my home planet being on the same system as their just conquered world.
15_6_WarAgain.png

Furries just asked for an alliance, why not? I just hope they don't discover all those spies I sent after their techs.
15_7_Alliance.png

I will try to build some troops.
15_8_Troops.png

To use on this planet, I don't know how to take it yet.
15_9_TakeWorld.png

tiagocc0

Arcane
So after building troops you can click on the planet and there is a button to check everything built on it, it shows a 'power' value, like 5, 10 or 15, it seems to be the HP of a building or troop.
After you build troops they will show there, clicking on a troop you have the launch option, it will then turn into a ship.
16_1_TroopsOnPlanet.png
Now just take those ships to another planet.
16_2_Launch.png
When you get there you enter the same planet surface screen, you click and grab your troops from orbit to the planet and choose where they will land.
Now they will attack automatically anyone who is near them, you can also move the troop if you want. When you finish you can just launch them again and repeat the process. It seems they regain HP with time.
16_3_KillKillKill.png
Ops, my new allies found out I was stealing their tech, by I got the spacestation tech before they discovered.
I'm also stealing techs from my enemy.
16_4_OpsFoundOutByAllies.png
Let's attack! I was confused why would it make a strange path like that (green line) but I think it was because I took together those heavy fighters I had built to deal with the pirates, they don't have warp engines so I will just leave them behind.
16_5_Let's+Attack.png
Just researched shields!
16_6_Shields!.png
Attacking another planet of theirs, now they just have 2 systems, I think they have 5 planets on them, yikes.
EDIT: I just took those two at the left and I got the planet, no need to destroy the buildings.
I think one of them is a troop and the other is an outpost.
16_7_KillKillKill_2.png
Researched Ion weapons, I should make a ship with shield and ion weapons, nice!
Even though my ships are devastating the enemy the diplomacy screen says my military is one of the worst.
Must be because I put so many missiles on them and not much ordinance squares. So they are powerful but just for a few seconds before the missiles end and they become sitting ducks.
16_8_IonWeapons.png
Just two more systems to exterminate them!
16_9_TwoSystemsLeft.png

tiagocc0

Arcane
When they make war they are usually already prepared for an attack so expect them on your home planet very soon.
Instead of civilization where they make war and sometimes never appear to attack you.

But when I had a bunch of ships on their system they kept sending one ship at a time to attack me, probably they were sending ships that had just being built.

EDIT: I guess not that bad, but could be a lot better.

tiagocc0

Arcane
Attacking the Ralyeh, finally got their names right. It was very easy to kill them.
17_1_AttackingRalyeh.png

Some event story.
17_2_Interesting.png

Now I know how the Ralyeh got that ancient ship!
17_3_ThisMustBeHowTheyHadAncientLastTime.png

Pollops joined me in an alliance.
17_4_NewAllies.png

I'm making a pure bomber, this should be faster than conquering every planet.
17_5_EnterBomber.png

I just colonized a world very very far away and those ancient things are attacking? I will just give this colony to the Opteris, at least they will like me more.
17_6_AncientsAttackingWhat.png
Wrong, Opteris declared war and I made peace with the Ralyeth.
17_7_RalyethPeaceOpterisWar.png
Everything is changing very fast I barely have time to move my fleets and alliances, war and peace is changing constantly.
Opteris got the cruiser tech, yikes!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom