Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play STRIFE ! (Finished.)

Quasar

Novice
ElecTriCotter said:
Just tried Chocolate Strife-branch beta on my laptop, but it looks like technicolor puke on fullscreen. Apparently it's something to do with Choco Strife's codebase lagging behind the trunk code.
I'm the main coder and reverse engineer on the project, and that's true - there's a bug in the SDL library when it comes to drawing 8-bit fullscreen surfaces on newer versions of Windows, and Chocolate Doom 1.5.0 has a workaround for it. I'm happy to say that this workaround has been merged into the strife-branch now, though, so keep your eyes peeled for a another beta coming very soon.

This was an epic thread, BTW. I first read it about a year ago, and just finished going through it again.

ElectricOtter

Quasar said:
ElecTriCotter said:
Just tried Chocolate Strife-branch beta on my laptop, but it looks like technicolor puke on fullscreen. Apparently it's something to do with Choco Strife's codebase lagging behind the trunk code.
I'm the main coder and reverse engineer on the project, and that's true - there's a bug in the SDL library when it comes to drawing 8-bit fullscreen surfaces on newer versions of Windows, and Chocolate Doom 1.5.0 has a workaround for it. I'm happy to say that this workaround has been merged into the strife-branch now, though, so keep your eyes peeled for a another beta coming very soon.

This was an epic thread, BTW. I first read it about a year ago, and just finished going through it again.
Excellent. Looking forward to it :)

theleo_ua

Novice
Thank you, Ghostdog!

Thank you, Ghostdog!
Awesome walktrough!
Ans helped us to translate the game into russian correctly

theleo_ua

Novice
ghostdog said:
Thanks !

but how exactly did my LP helped you with the translation ?

Answered via pm:

1) Your LP helped us understanding some "non subtitled" voice messages (for example "you! you have crushed my order")
2) Sometimes I needed very fast answers to questions like "what oracle will say in english after the bishop's death?" or "what game ending pictures will be after death in oracle path". I found answers in your LP very fast

BTW - can you explain me, what acolytes say, when seeing you and when acting (the sounds are like they use a com units to communicate with each other).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom