Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Let's Play the Might and Magic Series!! Hell Yeah!

Codexer or LARP?

• Total voters

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
I was wondering who on the Codex would be interested in an Elzair's Ultima LP-style LP of Might and Magic (at least the first six games, for now)? If so, then would you rather have me steal recreate characters from other games and LARP the shit outta them (slow speed) or make Codexer based parties (fast speed)?
Edit: Oh yeah, I'd like it if those of you who vote Codexer give me at least a name and class for a character.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Might and Magic Book I: Secrets of the Inner Sanctum
1: Meet the Party

2: First Steps
3: Hardware Issues and Oblivion References
4: Caught in our Sleep
5: Reunion of Forces (AKA, We're back Mofos)
6: A Quest for Goldy
7: A New Level
8: A Stupid Mistake
9: Ambushes and Sorpigal Part 1: Pit Trap! Ambush!
10: Ambushes and Sorpigal Part 2
11: Ambushes and Sorpigal Part 3
12: Small Amount of Exploration
13: Of Castles and Demons
14: Exploring Sorpigal
15: Enter Mustawd (The DU Butthurt Chronicles)
16: Grinding For Gold
17: Gathering Gold
18: Last Levels: Part 1
19: Last Levels: Part 2
20: Last Levels: Part 3

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Fuck. If I don't get any people actually voting, then I guess I'll just choose a bunch of random Codexers and roll with that party for MM1-2.

Wayward Son

Hey, nobody. I got impatient and decided on a bunch of random Codexers to pick on for now.
So our party assembles:
1 Kalin the Half-Orc Knight
2 Crooked Bee the Human Paladin
3 Azira :twisted: the Elfish Archer
4 DarkUnderlord the Gnome Robber
5 Grimwulf the Elfish Cleric
6 Wayward Son the Human Sorcerer
So, all around, I didn't do too bad.
Without further ado,
eqlmFK6.png

LH1rLaH.png

Bringing any nostalgia yet? For days come and gone?
ASq1kQM.png

Here's yours truly. It actually matches what I would give myself in these stats in the real world, except maybe a little less Personality.
djUmfxa.png

DarkUnderlord, the lucky motherfucker, robbed us of our daily brofist.
W5TODXi.png

Crooked Bee the team's only female (that we know of, I mean, this is a Codexian party after all) She's hot, but will rip your nuts off woth the Might of a Russian bear on vodka.
okIYL7e.png

Grimwulf is a charasmatic and funny fellow, though a bit on the weak side. On top of being fun to have around, he's also the only one capable of healing us for a while, so we better keep on his good side.
rTfBZiW.png

Kalin the fast, hard-hitting Knight. If only he didn't see a Black Cat everywhere he went.
4opUvbT.png

Azira the all-around badass Archer. I didn't even have to re-roll for this. This fucker can hit a target the size of a dinner plate from 40 yards away without looking and while eating a hotdog.
AluoUBn.png

Our party assembles in the Inn of Sorpigal.
Vxzv1WU.png

We leave the Inn, looking for a blacksmith, to get ourselves some shiny new stabby implements.
We turn to the left and...
hjkrLVr.png

There it is! Hah, fancy that.
uZgkwQl.png

Kalin walked in first, taking the whole 200 GP that we had to our name and spent 80 of it on himself. When equipped, his AC goes up to 7! (High AC is good here for those with no clue)
He then hands the potato left to the womyn in the group, Crooked Bee../
EQ5LYiq.png

Who buys herself a hand-axe and a set of leather armor. What every girl wants for their 18th birthday, right?
iCZBDHz.png

Azira takes the money from her and walks up to counter and proceeds to spend most of it on the only bow there, a crossbow. (The prick)
j7cqKLL.png

Before I can give him a brofist on his find, DarkUnderlord pilfers it (the money and the Brofist) and buys himself a sling.
fW7LABS.png

Grimwulf takes what's left of the money and spends it on some padded aromr, the cheapest in the game.
I don't get any stuff.
So, with hearts light and much yelling, we begin our adventure.

Dorateen

Arcane
Always good to see another ambitious Might & Magic Let's Play, Wayward Son

If you need a back up character for the bench (and you will want to have a full roster of characters in MMII) you can add Dorateen the dwarf Knight.

Wayward Son

Always good to see another ambitious Might & Magic Let's Play, Wayward Son

If you need a back up character for the bench (and you will want to have a full roster of characters in MMII) you can add Dorateen the dwarf Knight.
Alright, you'll be added in. After Kalin the Knight reaches level 5, I'll grind you to level 5 and so on etc.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Kalin walked in first, taking the whole 200 GP that we had to our name and spent 80 of it on himself

:incline:

Would brofist you bro, but I don't believe in this button parade sheit and its counterfeit fists. Godspeed to page 4 and beyond!

Wayward Son

Dorateen I'll roll your character tomorrow, I forgot to do it tonight. Or fuck, I may just do it tonight if I feel like it. Others, the update will be coming tonight or tomorrow.
Edit: Fuck. I just looked at my DOSBox capture folder for MM1. The last one at the end of the chargen update was mm_19.jpg. The last one now is mm_116.jpg. So I might have enough for two or three updates. And that was only after about twenty to thirty minutes of gameplay, so some of them are definitely not worth keeping. I'll make that distinction later.

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Hey, hey hey... It's Fat Me!
Here's what's going on. The party has assembled and equipped itself. Now, we exit from the blacksmith.
Across the street:
WQQIWIV.png

My mouth waters, but our resident Kodex Kommunistic Dicktator smacks me over the head, "From each according to his abilities for a reason. Ponder that."
BV1rGjS.png

In our quest for more monies, we find some stairs going down.
2CywsHI.png

It leads us to the darkest of all places. THe mind of an evil overlord that makes Fidel Castro+The PC's boss in Tyranny*(Kim Jong Un+Jong Il) look tame. AKA DarkUnderlord's mind. Our party is very afraid. But, Grimwulf has an idea! He will bring light to this darkened arena!
Xv6jaIT.png

Here is the spellcast interface. This is why having the manual is a must. You have to type the level of the spell, then the number of the spell within the level. in this case we want Light:
h20jK3k.png

Which is spell 1-5 in the Clerical spell list.
The Manual said:
Description: Gives the party 1 light factor, which is sufficient to light up 1 dark area. Multiple light spells can be cast to accumulate multiple light factor
lKPXLlu.png

We are no longer trapped in DU's mind! We are in a moldy, damp, smelly, bacteria-filled cave. Much better.
JWBvpw6.png

We run back and save real quick by "Checking in" at the Inn. This saves our character's stats and items, along with the inn they saved at.
7B7uZrC.png

We go back and enter the previously seen door.
After going down a corridor, we come across:
4VqttIL.png

Some unholy abomination children! Fans of Fallout 3, obviously.
We try to run from the unholiness, but these larvae surround us.
4VqttIL.png

ChuTSSl.png

Here's the combat interface. Fairly intuitive and minimalistic. I like it. It does its purpose.
VNBwaeh.png

Kalin charges in, a glorious badass, his newly acquired splint gleaming from a hidden light source. He slashes his target in half, laughing maniacally the whole way.
rjGCJ8e.png

Crooked Bee follows not far behind, slamming her axe gleefully into the second one's stomach. The morale of the Kodexian Inkline Vanguard (KIV for short) rose to astronomical heights. This world was theirs.
QWk5HRD.png

Azira takes a casual potshot at another one, taking its head off.
orBLApy.png

I cast spell 1-4, Flame Arrow.
The Manual said:
Combat spell that costs 1 spell point. Sends a burning shaft into one monster, inflicting 1-6 points of fire damage, unless monster is immune to fire.
And deal minimum damage. Grim looks at me grimly and says, "No food tonight." Tears begin to well up in my eyes. I vow to prove myself to be worth a meal to this Kommunistic man-bear.
dImEspZ.png

DarkUnderlord attacks and misses, the lack of brofists making him inaccurate.
AP6yD4n.png

Grimwulf has nothing to do this round, so he 'B'locks.
KLamH3b.png

The Fallout 3 fanboy attempts to grab Crooked Bee's unarmored asss, but she's is used to adventuring with Codexers, so she nimbly dodges him.
ybOlwLC.png

This one, however, attacks the stealer for all he's worth, so not much.
08eptaf.png

This one must have been a Bioware fan.
m4zxJKY.png

Kalin turns to swing at his attempted rapist, but misses. A Freudian slip, maybe?
1ZkruvD.png

Bee, however, smashes her attempted rapist's skull in with her axe, a veritable fountain of blood spurting out.
eKr3JZb.png

Azira hits the Kalin rapist in the dick, but this does not kill him.
QOS6YvG.png

Wanting to redeem myself, I cast Flame Arrow again.
RelKiOS.png

And explode Kalin's rapist. Grimwulf smiles and laughs, "Haha, my Newfag komrade! You may eat tonight!" I was elated.
uLutVR1.png

DU redeems his failure earlier, but fails still to do anything worthwhile.
YZLuiZp.png

He casts First Aid, spell 1-4 on Cleric spell list.
The Manual said:
DESCRIPTION: Heals minor battle wounds, restoring 8 Hit Points to that character.
MwYbAAU.png

I believe he healed Kalin's anal leakage here, but I don't remember TBH.
mXYLogf.png

But the Bioware fan is not over. He stabs violently into Kalin.
76jog64.png

Kalin makes a swing, but misses.
hQqU7p3.png

CB tries to save her only and closest friend, the only other valiant front-liner on the team. And fails hard.
ll2IwDK.png

Azira misses his shot, and curses all the heavens.
mRNm9yk.png

Everyone turns in surprise as a stone flies into the child's temple, killing it. They look at DarkUnderlord who says, "Every Codexer gets one," and proceeded to give Kalin a brofist.

Wayward Son

FUCK!! My goddamn shitty-ass laptop fucking froze on me and made me l
Just dropping by to wish you good luck!
Thanks
Wayward Son, add mustawd, the robber, if DU ever dies.
Will do. If not, there's always MM3, 4-5, etc.
I was actually gonna make you the robber, but I couldn't pass up the brofist thief jokes.

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Update 3
2LLRmHd.png

DU unlocks the fucking door. Some bullshit about a fucking brofist.
nBVrKDP.png

Oh noes, being rebels, we turn right the fuck around.
haq9GNC.png

"Stop right there, criminal scum!"
YAMzwTP.png

FIGHT!!!!
BAkjo3P.png
'
Kalin instinctively spins and cinematically slices the enemy's head in half.
UPJoWbv.png

CB fails at anal rapage in battle.
4wJl9An.png

Azira casually shoots the one CB was fighting, to hide her ineptness at that point.
6GuLYaH.png

At this point, I think Kalin likes getting hit.
KBpaEFo.png

CB nimbly and flexibly dodges this strike.
5UKwKdw.png

One guy snuck up behind me and took me from the front. No I don't know how, and yes it was so painful that I passed out,
vDmKcF1.png

DU slings a stone into and through the fucker's head, or at least so I was told.
T2yDIsX.png

Grimwulf heals me.
Xwd8pjm.png

Kalin, badass extraordinaire, badassing as a badass.
0wCWWDx.png

CB redeems herself by slicing a guy in half from the dick up, with an axe. Looks like she's been getting lessons from Kalin in badassery.
a1lXZn8.png

Aira casually snipes the last remaining guy.
ujrmIQT.png

:salute:
Hg1uFiT.png

After some more traveling, we find another one. Being edgy, we turn...
Cm8j6Cp.png

... to meet our maker.
5Ceso8J.png

We face it headstrong!
2HRnC3D.png

Kalin's usual badassery fails them. The group looks scared. How could this be? Kalin was like a god among men (and a womyn).
epDYtoh.png

CB then only barely dodges the slithering beast's sexual assault.
S0NbDkI.png

CB retaliates with all the ferocity of a Amazonian who has been through the Grandmaster ending of Wizardry IV.
ieSkaNA.png

Azira casually potshots one. This is looking like it'll be easy. Maybe Kalin missed on purpose? Yes, that must be it...
c6dcuKz.png

My Flame Arrow incinerates the enemy.
vo8SCff.png

C'mon DU! Ya gotta git gud!
KkvWVUG.png

He... must be missing... on... purpose...right?
dqqMb13.png

CB's missing too? Oh dear. It's worse than we thought.
xJMWyfs.png

Azira just keeps his cool, though. We dunno how he does it. It's almost like his Accuracy is just generally higher than is naturally possible.
9ZqmXeW.png

An embarassing moment, but it helps nonetheless.
6qpXdkD.png

Our reptilian overlord deals MASSIVE damage to the poor beast.
LWBgH1G.png

Oh no! Looks like their sexual assault was successful this time! She goes down on before them!
KzVFKIv.png

Here is where Grimwulf heals CB's wounds, unpopping something.
Mgi4Kzi.png

Bagawd. How can this be? Can it be that he dropped the 'ass' part of his title and became plain old 'bad'?
rNM3v7F.png

CB attempts for revenge for her rape, tasteful though it may have been, but it was for naught.
G2jbiFM.png

Even Azira's potshots can't save us now!
oKiU14Z.png

He slaps her ass and legs. Nothing new to her, it only enrages her.
j8W40xE.png

Shit! I'm outta MP. I can't do anything until I get some rest.
nTGFOzh.png

DU's stones even fail us. This may be the end of the fledgling Codex.
0LlwmNe.png

No. It is not. Not today, foul beasts!
vULYcph.png

The Duo of Badassery of KIV is back!
HshsszG.png

But, the victory is not without loss (of pride).
Vl0k1FM.png

VICTORY!!!!
jMemqVt.png

XP!!!!
CwIEBo8.png

We head back, to rest in the safety of the inn (not sure if it has any effect on encounter rate, but i feel like it would).
HKXcWig.png

We head here and sign in, a job well done.

Wayward Son

For some reason, I haven't been finding any loot. Do I need to manually search after the fights? Or do the dice just hate me?

Wayward Son

Never did play this particular game, so I don't know. Guess I'm too ... casual ... :yeah:
I figured it out. You, btw, are the most badass member of the team so far, with only missing a handful of times. You also
pretty much carried the team through a really difficult fight in a magic free zone.

Wayward Son

Btw, I now have over 700 jpgs of this one game, and haven't even left the town of Sorpigal except for a small expedition. This game is gonna be motherfucking bumfuckingly long.

Wayward Son

Hey guys. With all the screenshots I got, I could probably literally release an episode a day for a week or two and not play at all. Of course, that's notgonna happen, and we all know that.
w7aXlFB.png

We leave the inn. The inn being the only place you can save, we'll be starting with this a lot in this one.
GE12ws9.png

We go back down and light up the cavern.
n4capWJ.png

DarkUnderlord badassing the doors open with his brolockpicks.
eBthqJH.png

What the fuck is a flesh eater? Oh well, let's fight!
ozXftDn.png

So yeah. It may look like we are screwed, but only the first three can attack, so we're good.
Also, Kalin being a suckass
i8IyoMR.png

But! Crooked Bee avenges that, with blood spurting from the wound. So these things DO bleed! :twisted:
oTTqnCt.png

Azira!! Why you missing bro?
RfaXkmJ.png

Even I hit!
v6Sm867.png

DU can't hit for a shit...
JVRYVa3.png

This thing bites her flesh. :sexy:
SMbZOqF.png

Looks like this one is attracted to Azira
ZmiEd7j.png

Kalin getting smacked around
Wnuybr3.png

Crooked Bee gets revenged right now
Ait1NFL.png

So, she smacks him with the flat of her axe, showing the creature mercy
mbJzJcj.png

Azira don't swing that way and fires the arrow straight through the eater's eye.
toHUh50.png

I hit the one CB wounded.
2HsZXJF.png

It decides to get a Last Gasp strike in on Kalin.
AB9v6jd.png

This one is infatuated with her.
ZzDgRhs.png

Kalin's badassery is back, lady and gentleman.
nrKH51u.png

Azira strikes again. That 19 ACC os really paying off :incline:
lvMHreO.png

This flesh eater gets flamed by my arrow and couldn't stand the heat.
3YA1H14.png

A whole round of nothing later, he falls to Kalin's mighty swing.
bUrJSIA.png

AvnGozb.png

Hmm. Not sure how hard these things will be...
ydZosbU.png

Oh yeah. They caught us while we were resting. Not good. The only awake one is Azira.
3UOcWLa.png

But he still valiantly stands his ground, knowing this day could be his last.
dSnI7vj.png

And it may have been, had Crooked Bee not awoken this round! Nice instincts.
UxL8mI0.png

They miss Kalin, meaning he wont be getting up this round.
roDygN3.png

CB takes over where Azira fell, her axe cracking straight through the skellington.
2BWAahO.png

Uh oh. We just may be screwed Komrades.
Mxbzv5w.png

But they awaken Kalin. Seeing his fallen and sleeping friends, he decides to slaughter these things and send them back to whatever hell they came from.
M9Y5oK1.png

Kalin almost disables one of them.
Wqx6sqU.png

Luckily, they don't hit him, allowing him to get this blow in, killing the next skeleton.
zmS5LqD.png

After shrugging off the singular blow that could be dealt him, he severs the spinal column from the rest of the body.
OdEGYJ0.png

6tg8UdI.png

And thank God for that!

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Personally I'd recommend resizing your pics 2x with nearest neighbor. Would make them more legible.

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Also, keeping the pics behind spoiler tags makes the thread a neater read. When you don't, and you have a lot of pictures, often you have to scroll quite a bit down to get to the actual update. This will not happen with spoiler tags. :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom